The Town has major trouble

70,294 Views | 973 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by movielover
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Crime in Oakland?

I am shocked! Shocked!

Cal88
dimitrig said:

Crime in Oakland?

I am shocked! Shocked!

It's the lack of prosecution and legal permissiveness that is not just shocking here, but is also promoting the increase in crime rates.
BearHunter
Democrats are buying guns in record numbers to protect themselves from other Democrats.
going4roses
Naw that's not even close to accurate but you are smart enough to know better I think lol
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
going4roses
I was raised on Laneys campus… hate what has happened to my city.
Cal88
bearister
This is where we are headed when the law fails us:

* It's called self help. Prosecute these crimes or this is how it is going to unfold.
calbear93
BearHunter said:

Democrats are buying guns in record numbers to protect themselves from other Democrats.
There is a lot of truth to this.

I will probably never own a gun, but I know a few former anti-gun folks who are taking shooting lessons and looking into purchasing a gun for their home. I personally have considered getting a gun for my house to be kept in a biometric safe in my bedroom but remain doubtful that I could ever use it on another person.

Liberal views on crime is crashing into liberal views on gun control.
going4roses
That's not it at all. I am miffed as to y'all ignoring the giant pink elephant in the room.

The lack of Hope lack means lack of substance = where we are and the continued denial will only exacerbate the situation. It did not have to be this way but certain decisions made in the past produce what we see.
bearister
1 killed in shooting at East Bay park

https://www.ktvu.com/news/1-killed-in-shooting-at-east-bay-park
prospeCt
~ ot:? bring on Barbra Lee

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/feinstein-hospitalized-after-fall-18287088.php

going4roses
That Billy Joel song is my shhh
Cal88
Not quite "the town" but troubling because it's a major site for tourists and locals alike, brazen break-in at the Golden Gate main parking lot:

Cal88
Bay Area tourism: the silver lining

BearHunter
Much of the Bay Area is still beautiful and I prefer the climate there over anywhere else in the world. But these days, you just have to keep your head on a swivel and watch out for Democrats who Democrat.
bearister
Crime is so bad near S.F. Federal building employees are told to work from home, officials said

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sf/article/drugs-crime-nancy-pelosi-federal-building-18292237.php
going4roses
And republicans/conservatives are innocent to infallible?
bearister
Berkeley Scanner is a finalist for LION journalism awards

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/08/11/editors-desk/berkeley-scanner-finalist-2023-lion-journalism-awards/
oski003
bearister said:

Crime is so bad near S.F. Federal building employees are told to work from home, officials said

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sf/article/drugs-crime-nancy-pelosi-federal-building-18292237.php

Despite what Unit2Sucks says, based on the areas he goes to being nicer than they were before, it sounds like the situation is horrible.

"the Department of Health and Human Services issued a memo last week calling for employees to "maximize the use of telework," due to conditions around the building.

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has also reportedly expressed safety concerns about her staff who work there.

The plaza has been known for years as a place where drug use and sales are common.

The open-air drug markets, known to be commonplace in neighborhoods such as the Tenderloin, and the crime that has accompanied them have been blamed for impacting popular retail corridors.

In April, Whole Foods closed their flagship San Francisco store about a block away from the SoMa Federal Building. Whole Foods representatives said it was because of employee safety concerns, although Supervisor Matt Dorsey, who represents SoMa and the Tenderloin, characterized the closure as temporary.

In her back and forth with San Francisco supervisors, Breed had said crime is the number one concern in the city and something everyone is talking about."
bearister
So I guess people summoned for jury duty in Federal Court in SF are SOL?

Scenario: You get a Federal Court summons to appear for jury duty in SF. Since you are addicted to breathing, you fail to show. You then get served with a contempt of court order. On the day of the hearing, the Federal judge sitting on his Wizard of Oz sized bench looks down at you and scowls, "Anything to say before I sentence you for contempt of court for non appearance for jury duty?

Your response: "I understand it is so dangerous in the area around the Federal Building that employees are told to work from home. So I figured, if people drawing a paycheck don't have to show up here for work, why does somebody getting lunch money have to?"
bearister

https://abc7news.com/police-investigating-2-oakland-business-burglaries-/13644008/
going4roses
All bad
bearister
We are not the only ones.

Flash Mob Hits Another High-End Store In L.A. County, Steal Estimated $100K In Merchandise Deadline

https://deadline.com/2023/08/flash-mob-hits-another-high-end-store-in-l-a-county-steal-estimated-100k-1235481329/
going4roses
Cut funding for schools and after school programs they said …,
Don't pay teachers because the make too much they said…

Give the finger to the youth (all the youth) and the youth are giving the finger back

No excuse for doing extremely dumb ish but they are micking the American template, in Rome do as the Romans

All of this could have been easily avoided or greatly minimized.
BearHunter
Or maybe they don't have a daddy around to whoop their aise when they get home.
BearHunter
dimitrig
bearister said:

We are not the only ones.

Flash Mob Hits Another High-End Store In L.A. County, Steal Estimated $100K In Merchandise Deadline

https://deadline.com/2023/08/flash-mob-hits-another-high-end-store-in-l-a-county-steal-estimated-100k-1235481329/

So they steal a bunch of clothing from YSL and then do what with it? Wear it?

prospeCt
https://m.independent.ie/life/travel/ireland/the-decay-of-dublin-its-a-failed-place-elderly-people-are-no-longer-seen-younger-folk-are-no-longer-seen-families-are-no-longer-seen/a321974248.html

going4roses
Trump had a daddy and how did he turn out ?

Come with some new racist tropes

White feminism pushed onto to Black women re Black men thus were they systematically phased out of the home and (shift to the service industry) workforce. Oh let us not forget the best and brightest Black men were drafted for your white mans wars, most did not return or if they did the were damaged on top not having access to the GI bill to buy homes/ get education. Then add in the school to prison to pipeline/war on drugs that even further destroyed the Black Family. That Black Family/unity that Hoover said was the greatest threat to American society. Soooooooo what were you saying
sycasey
prospeCt said:

https://m.independent.ie/life/travel/ireland/the-decay-of-dublin-its-a-failed-place-elderly-people-are-no-longer-seen-younger-folk-are-no-longer-seen-families-are-no-longer-seen/a321974248.html

I blame the Democrats.
going4roses
So no republicans/republican policies played any role ?
BearHunter
going4roses said:

Come with some new racist tropes

White feminism pushed onto to Black women re Black men thus were they systematically phased out of the home and (shift to the service industry) workforce. Oh let us not forget the best and brightest Black men were drafted for your white mans wars, most did not return or if they did the were damaged on top not having access to the GI bill to buy homes/ get education. Then add in the school to prison to pipeline/war on drugs that even further destroyed the Black Family. That Black Family/unity that Hoover said was the greatest threat to American society. Soooooooo what were you saying

Earlier in the 20th century, black families were mostly intact and somewhere down the line, thing went wrong. Part of the reason was that Democrats screwed them over and had them marry the government. LBJ said it in his own special way.
Big C
going4roses said:

Cut funding for schools and after school programs they said …,
Don't pay teachers because the make too much they said…

Give the finger to the youth (all the youth) and the youth are giving the finger back

No excuse for doing extremely dumb ish but they are micking the American template, in Rome do as the Romans

All of this could have been easily avoided or greatly minimized.

Yes, there were a number of programs in Oakland that no longer exist.

Need carrot-and-stick approach: Offer help to those who need it + fund the schools. And enforce the laws (fairly) and prosecute criminals.
going4roses
Sooooo everything I posted is lie ? Doesn't apply? Gtfoh

How can you speak on an experience you know absolutely nothing about ? How pompous could one possibly be?
You don't know when to say to yourself "I need to shut the F up"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.