The Town has major trouble

70,293 Views | 973 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by movielover
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
10% For The Big Guy said:

bearister said:

Man killed after being shot and hit by a car, police say NBC Bay Area

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/man-killed-shot-and-hit-by-car-oakland/3314342/
Today was the day I learned you could shoot someone with a car

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
Oakland crime concerns prompt community rally, church forum

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/09/12/crime/oakland-crime-concerns-prompt-community-rally-church-forum/

* "The latest Oakland crime statistics show violent crime up in the city 19% over the same period last year. Robbery alone is up 30%. Homicides are about even with last year but shootings are up."

*The real aggrieved citizenry were outside.

*Scroll to bottom of story page for comment by Nothing But The Truth.
bearister
Fresh in from the You Can't Make This Stuff Up Department:

going4roses
Whose fault ? Who dropped the ball ? Was it on purpose???
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
bearister
going4roses said:

Whose fault ? Who dropped the ball ? Was it on purpose???

Culprit: Oakland's Economic and Workforce Development Department

Oakland loses out on millions to combat retail crime

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/oakland-retail-theft-grant-california-18366955.php

* I heard on KGO News at 5 that car thefts are up 50% and I think I read robberies up 30%. I saw in a Chronicle article with Oakland crime stats that of the 90 murders in Oakland last year, 67 of the victims were Black, 11 Hispanic; 5 Asian; 5 White; 2 Other.
going4roses
Who do you think is primarily responsible for the robberies?
going4roses
https://go.citizen.com/xAl2hqcy6Cb
oski003
going4roses said:

1) The teenagers committing these robberies
2) Their parents
3) Soft on crime DAs
4) Soft on crime legislature
5) Lack of resources for diversion to support 3 & 4

going4roses
Weren't those kids released for lack of evidence?
AunBear89
I see your reading comprehension is as shyte as usual. Are you sure you have an education?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
going4roses said:

Weren't those kids released for lack of evidence?

You are correct.

There are no allegations that the accused robbers were armed. [Amazing D.A.] Price dismissed the notion that there was "a string of robberies."

"Many of the details of these incidents being spread by some individuals have been hyperbolic," she said. "There was not a string of robberies and there were not dozens of suspects involved. OPD decided there wasn't enough evidence to charge any of the juveniles. We are still trying to confirm the status of the three adults allegedly arrested for these [other] robberies."
bearister
Robbery in Rockridge: Women recount back-to-back crimes

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/09/15/crime/oakland-rockridge-robbery-women-recount-crimes/
bearister

bearister
going4roses said:

Let me phrase it this way:

If Loren Taylor was Mayor, Terry Wiley the District Attorney and LeRonne Armstrong was the Chief of Police, no way do those crime stats increase exponentially. Amateur Hour is governing The Town right now…..and the bad guys are keenly aware of it. All the citizens of Oakland are getting out of the rulers is blah, blah, blah word salad on a teleprompter and often prerecorded…..and bizarre and wholly inappropriate smiles during softball interviews.
going4roses
Interesting take
bearister
Add to my list the fact the Oakland Economic & Workforce Development Department (EWDD) blew a multi million dollar crime fighting grant from the State of California because they couldn't file the paperwork on time.
going4roses
That would seem to be a paramount concern/issue to me. The city doesn't have grant writers on staff ?
Ridiculous but even if the city had gotten the grant with civic incompetence displayed I would assume the most of the funds would have been wasted or lost.

Has no one been fired ?

The chief of police issue i am on the fence because of personal stories I have heard of the ex chief.
bearister
Naw'lins just hired Anne Kirkpatrick.
bearister
Progressive DA Pamela Price wants to win skeptics. It's not working

https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/article/pamela-price-alameda-da-18360265.php

"California, eager to make amends for its history of over-incarceration, is taking aggressive steps to reduce criminal penalties and unwind its carceral system but hasn't replaced it with an improved alternative. It's also failed to develop robust rehabilitation and treatment programs that will accept people regardless of their criminal history, mental illness, substance use or physical disabilities.

This whittling down of the traditional criminal justice system without a backup plan while charging offenders as if that plan were already in place is a recipe for disaster. Until Democrats acknowledge this, they will lose ground with Californians, many of whom feel unsafe amid a level of violent crime that hasn't been seen in more than a decade.

That's a big reason why Price's approach to charging crimes hasn't been received well. Telling prosecutors to seek the minimum prescribed sentences, to pursue probation whenever possible and to ban sentence enhancements except in supervisor-approved "extraordinary circumstances" might be acceptable if widespread, effective alternatives to incarceration existed but in their absence, such an approach can feel like a cruel joke to victims……

…. her job, ultimately, is to prosecute offenders. And it didn't really seem like that was her top priority."

going4roses
She is a plant (intentional saboteur) !!!
going4roses
What I am lost on is nobody (city officials) "thought to themselves hmm they are bS ing " let me get this done ?" Nobody? To me that is a bigger problem.

It's almost as if those who knew what needed to be done didn't see any personal benefit/gain so F it.

I wonder if those that dropped the ball do they live in Oakland? Are they transplants ?

Does Oakland still have a city manager that runs the show?

The present mayor did not want to be mayor but everyone else running dropped the ball/B$ll****ting imo. No leadership at all but then again politics in America as always lacked leadership Imo
bearister
This will be a word salad spewing event:

Oakland Mayor to hold 'Town Talks' event on Saturday

https://news.yahoo.com/oakland-mayor-hold-town-talks-154210084.html

*It is so very patronizing to think shoveling a dump trunk load of bs on the citizens is going to take the heat off you and get you off the hook for fiddling while Rome burns. What in God's green acre was she doing on a PR tour of Vietnam while her city is imploding?
going4roses
I am going to say something because I don't know if this has been said ,growing up in Oakland I have seen parts of Oakland be hot like this but the demographics and economics were different. Decisions made at every level of government 20-30-40 yrs ago have produced what we see now
bearister
Big picture yes…..but the exponential increase in robberies and car thefts since January gets pinned elsewhere.
Cal88
going4roses said:

There are Pamela Price DAs all over major US cities, backed by Soros, pushing his radical cultural marxism agenda.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12183215/Here-woke-DAs-funded-George-Soros-machine-letting-criminals-run-amok.html

https://nypost.com/2023/01/22/george-soros-spent-40m-getting-lefty-district-attorneys-officials-elected-all-over-the-country/

oski003
Cal88 said:

going4roses said:

There are Pamela Price DAs all over major US cities, backed by Soros, pushing his radical cultural marxism agenda.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12183215/Here-woke-DAs-funded-George-Soros-machine-letting-criminals-run-amok.html

https://nypost.com/2023/01/22/george-soros-spent-40m-getting-lefty-district-attorneys-officials-elected-all-over-the-country/

New Set of Bail Schedules to Begin in October

On July 18, 2023, the Superior Court of Los Angeles County approved a new set of bail schedules for suspects arrested in non-violent felonies and misdemeanor crimes. The new bail schedule, slated to take effect in L.A. County on October 1, 2023, will dictate one of three possible actions by the Police Department for an arrestee's release: cite and release (CR), book and release (BR) or magistrate review (MR). Capital offenses such as murder with special circumstances and limited felonies are not eligible for pre-arraignment, zero bail release.

The Sheriff's Department and all Police Departments in the County must comply with this protocol.
The newly approved release protocols will replace the traditional bail schedules. Instead of assigning money bail amounts to non-violent felonies and misdemeanors, a majority of arrestees will now be released at the location of the arrest (CR) or booked in jail, and then released on their own recognizance with a citation for a future court date (BR). In some cases, suspects arrested for certain crimes which pose an increased risk to the public will be referred to an on-call magistrate, who will have discretion to determine the appropriate release terms and conditions (MR). Some examples of release conditions by a magistrate may include prohibitions against committing crimes, sending text messages to remind the arrestee to appear in court, and visits with court staff.

As a result of these new release terms, the Police Department must cite and release or book and release arrestees in nearly all theft offenses, vehicle code violations, and crimes against property such as petty theft, and vandalism. Offenses involving guns, sexual battery, crimes against children/elders and contact with minors with intent to commit a sexual offense are examples of offenses subject to magistrate review. Magistrates will consider the crime and a risk assessment report to determine whether the arrestee should be released with no conditions or determine the least restrictive, non-financial conditions intended to address whether the arrestee is likely to return to court. All offenses in the MR category are designated as zero bail offenses.
As an example of this change, a person arrested for false imprisonment under this new protocol would be eligible for BR. Under the previous bail schedule, their bail amount would be $50,000. Likewise, a person arrested for theft of an automobile is eligible for BR, while under the previous bail schedule, their bail amount would be $35,000.

This represents a significant change in protocols for all law enforcement agencies in Los Angeles County. The Police Department remains committed to the safety and security of our community. We will continue to work within the processes set forth by the Superior Court of Los Angeles County, and as a profession, make recommendations for improvement at every opportunity.
bearister
Now you can't lay on your couch and be safe:

https://abc7news.com/mother-of-2-dies-by-stray-bullet-while-in-her-oakland-home-officials-/13793650/
going4roses
But why ? For what purpose? Who benefits?
going4roses
So he throw's around crumbs for what reason what his purpose?
oski003
going4roses said:

Many don't think it is right to use a bail system to hold before in jail while awaiting trial. Unfortunately, there isn't enough money for diversion and rehab programs to help people who have failed, along with their families and neighborhoods. In the short term, the criminals and the homeless benefit because they won't spend any time in jail, despite continuously breaking into people's cars and stealing their stuff. Ultimately, it really doesn't benefit them as they will continue to steal stuff to support their crack meth and fentanyl habits.
Cal88
oski003 said:

going4roses said:

Many don't think it is right to use a bail system to hold before in jail while awaiting trial. Unfortunately, there isn't enough money for diversion and rehab programs to help people who have failed, along with their families and neighborhoods. In the short term, the criminals and the homeless benefit because they won't spend any time in jail, despite continuously breaking into people's cars and stealing their stuff. Ultimately, it really doesn't benefit them as they will continue to steal stuff to support their crack meth and fentanyl habits.

Is the surge in crime coming from crack addicts, or from "professional" thugs adapting their behavior to incredibly lenient prosecution policies?
oski003
Cal88 said:

oski003 said:

going4roses said:

Is the surge in crime coming from crack addicts, or from "professional" thugs adapting their behavior to incredibly lenient prosecution policies?

Most of the smash and grabs are done by addicts, homeless, and low level criminals. The retail theft done by groups of folks is another story. If the prosecutors are too lenient to charge conspiracy and the police too soft (for fear of lawsuit) to get more suspects such that an individual is released right away, I suppose they benefit as well.
going4roses
What demographic?
oski003
going4roses said:

What demographic?

The demographic of addicts, homeless, and low level criminals, mostly uneducated. See above.
going4roses
Let me clarify…. What race/ethnicity?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.