The Town has major trouble

70,292 Views | 973 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by movielover
Chapman_is_Gone
How long do you want to ignore this user?

You gotta love how the media picks the one photo where you can't tell that the dude is black. Comical.
bearister
Months after ordering investigation, Alameda DA Pamela Price quietly brings prosecutors back to work

https://www.mercurynews.com/2023/11/04/months-after-ordering-investigation-alameda-da-pamela-price-quietly-brings-prosecutors-back-to-work/

"Alameda County District Attorney Pamela Price recently ordered three veteran prosecutors to return from administrative leave for the first time since a tumultuous staff shakeup that dominated the opening weeks of her tenure….

None of the attorneys allowed back to work were disciplined, nor were they ever presented with a written disciplinary notice by Price's office, said Matt Finnegan, an attorney with the local union representing Alameda County prosecutors. Finnegan declined to name the prosecutors.

Finnegan this week assailed the investigations, suggesting they were politically motivated and a waste of taxpayer money. He estimated the county spent more than $1.6 million to either investigate the prosecutors or pay their salaries and benefits while they were at home on leave a tally that will continue to rise with one prosecutor still on leave.…

Michael Rains, an attorney who represented the seven prosecutors during their time on leave, questioned Price's initial decision to place the attorneys on leave. He has repeatedly sparred with Price since she took office earlier this year most recently in dueling requests to have the other person removed from a contentious 2020 manslaughter case involving San Leandro police officer Jason Fletcher.

"This whole thing has been a massive case of disorganization, dysfunction and disarray," Rains said. "They should be back at work. Every one of these individuals who were placed on leave is a very, very high quality, experienced, DA."

*Bottom line: Madame DA thought she could fire the entire office until she figured out they all joined the teamster's union and good cause is required under the collective bargaining agreement to fire them. She then was costing the county $1M+ in salary for suspended prosecutors that had never done anything wrong in the first place…..and who actually know how to do more than plea bargain.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
going4roses
Chapman_is_Gone said:

You gotta love how the media picks the one photo where you can't tell that the dude is black. Comical.

Hmm comical? … how do you see anything humorous about lives being lost? Ohh yeah it's the super racist !!! once again posting on the OT board after you yourself said all this and that. lol
Straight Mark asstrick
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
Chapman_is_Gone
going4roses said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

Hmm comical? … how do you see anything humorous about lives being lost? Ohh yeah it's the super racist !!! once again posting on the OT board after you yourself said all this and that. lol
Straight Mark asstrick

This isn't very Christian of you.
Oakbear
going4roses said:

Relationships gone bad smh … mental health is an after thought
part of the problem is the constant referral to females as *****es and hos, the lack of respect is shameful
oski003
going4roses said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

Straight Mark asstrick

He isn't laughing about lives being lost. He is laughing about media bias. It appears that relying on Tik Tok videos for information has severely handicapped your reading comprehension.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2023/02/25/china-is-hurting-us-kids-with-tiktok-but-protecting-its-own/amp/
going4roses
Laughable more racist bs.
oski003
going4roses said:

Laughable more racist bs.

Why is it racist bs, and why is it funny?
Eastern Oregon Bear
Chapman_is_Gone said:

Some people look at that story and say it was a tragic situation. Others look at it and say "What race were they?"
oski003
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

Some people look at that story and say it was a tragic situation. Others look at it and say "What race were they?"

Stop picking on going4roses.
bearister
Oakland's restaurants lose thousands as crime takes over city

https://mol.im/a/12713013
going4roses
Oakbear said:

going4roses said:

part of the problem is the constant referral to females as *****es and hos, the lack of respect is shameful

Where was that behavior learned from? Who has the dominant culture?
oski003
going4roses said:

Oakbear said:

going4roses said:

Where was that behavior learned from? Who has the dominant culture?

Sick, tragic excuse-making. Watched the first five minutes and almost puked. Anything to avoid accountability. My young kids accept responsibility better than the narrator.
bearister
Berkeley police shooting leaves man dead

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/11/06/shootings/berkeley-police-shooting-seventh-grayson/
bearister
going4roses
I was in alameda at the nob hill and it was a guy collecting signatures… his flyers started with" Rapist" are SA numbers up in Alameda county ?
Big C
going4roses said:

I was in alameda at the nob hill and it was a guy collecting signatures… his flyers started with" Rapist" are SA numbers up in Alameda county ?

Those clowns get paid 3-5 bucks per signature, which is probably why they are having a "budget shortfall". I bet they put whatever they want on their flyers, based on what they think will get them more signatures.
bearister

*Those questions aren't going to get answered but if they do they will get answered like Ivanka tRump answers questions.
bearister
Felon brought loaded gun to Alameda County DA's office

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/11/10/courts/alameda-county-district-attorneys-office-felon-brought-loaded-gun/

* This is actually hysterical. During a recall effort Madame DA first gets outed having a $90K SUV from which her laptop got taken and now she gets outed as being the first DA in the history of the Office not to use her official office at the courthouse but rather using an unsecured office building by the Oakland Coliseum. I'm sure the county will be asked to fork over millions to secure her office building. You literally can't make this stuff up.

New comment to Berkeley Scanner story:

Nothing But The Truth
One hour ago

"A few months ago, one of Price's so-called "drum majors for justice" (Alexa Graynor) tried to roast reporter Dan Noyes for covering Price's move from the safety of the courthouse to the Oakport location. She expressed concern for her safety and basically told Noyes it would be his fault if anything happened to she or Price.

Price moved there because the Sheriff's Dept told her that her gun toting bodyguards, who hadn't passed background checks, couldn't bring their guns into the RCD Courthouse.

IPrice doesn't offer her lackeys the same 24hr protection Price enjoys.

Also…the "real" DA Inspectors were the ones at risk, tackling the suspect! Price, her crook boyfriend, sexual harasser Otis Bruce and the rest of her sycophants were hiding in the back halls.

What a joke ACDAO has become!"
going4roses

Hmmm. Target doesn't want them arrested ? Why
oski003
going4roses said:

They do want them arrested. They just want it to be outside the store.

..."They didn't want to create a scene inside the store and have people film it and put it on social media. They didn't want negative press."

The California liberal legal and societal landscape makes it very difficult for law enforcement to do their job. It sucks.
bearister

dimitrig
oski003 said:

going4roses said:

..."They didn't want to create a scene inside the store and have people film it and put it on social media. They didn't want negative press."

The California liberal legal and societal landscape makes it very difficult for law enforcement to do their job. It sucks.

You are blaming California liberals for something Target decided?

oski003
dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

going4roses said:

You are blaming California liberals for something Target decided?

BREAKING NEWS! Companies behave according to the legal climate of doing business.
sycasey
I doubt the phenomenon of people filming cops making arrests is unique to California.
going4roses
What number to call for stolen vehicles ? 311
going4roses
I wonder what percentage of those signatures are due to her ethnicity and gender and thus selfish concern(individual not county/state/level) ?
bearister
going4roses said:

I wonder what percentage of those signatures are due to her ethnicity and gender and thus selfish concern(individual not county/state/level) ?

Well, there is no one petitioning to recall Brooke Jenkins in SF and if the Alameda County DA is recalled, the replacement will be a Black male so basically it's a bad time to be a Progressive/Restorative Justice advocate in the prosecution business in Alameda County.

Also I think there was very low voter turn out that resulted in Ms. Price being elected DA (30%?) so my guess is the signatures are mostly coming from the 70% that did not turn to vote, but will turn out next time.

*…and there is no effort to recall Diana Becton in Contra Costa County and she is a Progressive.
bearister
bearister
Berkeley police link pair to Apple Store burglaries

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/11/20/courts/berkeley-police-apple-store-burglaries-investigation/
going4roses
Both not from Oakland hmm.

"I only stole some phones" … my god if you are going to be a criminal be a half competent one geez.
Did anyone get hurt in any of the alleged robberies?

bearister
I doubt it. You rarely hear about people getting hurt during store heists because smartly, no one ever interferes. You can get yourself real dead interfering in a store burglary auto theft, or resisting a carjacking.
bearister
Fremont murder suspect had just been put on probation

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/11/21/courts/lorinzo-haley-murder-suspect-probation/

"The outcome of the case was emblematic of the Alameda County DA's office under Pamela Price, sources said: In prior years, Haley would have been sent to prison or been sentenced to in-custody treatment."

Comment to story by insider:

Nothing But The Truth
One hour ago
Judges don't know the case!

I'm not saying Judges are blameless. However, prior to this year, Deputy District Attorneys would show up and actually advocate for the victim. Defense attorneys would advocate for the defendants.

NOW: DDAs and Defense attorneys are both telling the Judges "this case has proof problems," "the defendant should get treatment," or "the crime isn't as bad as it seems." Additionally, Price is refusing to charge enhancements which means the court can't consider GBI/GUN/More serious crimes. Price is directing DDAs to charge lesser crimes, plead cases for less and to materially misrepresent cases to Judges and Victims…or else they are put on leave or transferred.

Add to this mix unqualified DDAs in positions of authority or in assignments they are not ready for and this is the result.

This is Pam Price's vision of justice! Her sycophants have no understanding of the law OR their ethical obligations.

More and more people will be hurt as Price continues to value criminals over victims!!

MAKE CRIME ILLEGAL AGAIN!

Recall Price.

going4roses
This is not the restorative justice I wanted at all.

She gives agent vibes … is she lineage (freedmen) or an immigrant?

It's something missing to this puzzle it's more to it than what is visible imo
bearister
It is as simple as this: The Progressives got their voters to turn out and they sold them on her…..and in the primary two DA's ran against each other and split the vote allowing her to survive to the election. Without splitting the vote in the primary, she would have been knocked out there.

I think she has gone delusional:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.