The Town has major trouble

70,281 Views | 973 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by movielover
tequila4kapp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Under reporting makes sense. People understand...what's the point of reporting if nothing will be done about it? Armed robberies are serious / scary enough that they potentially get reported closer to actual rate of incidences.
Big C
bearister said:

The security guard at the 7-Eleven at 23rd and Harrison in Oakland was murdered over $6 worth of candy.

And without meaning to trivialize the person's death, have you seen the amount of candy that's in a $6 bag these days?
going4roses
2 jolly ranchers ?
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
going4roses

Don't know if this clip is referencing the murder this morning at a Hispanic barber shop ?
bearister
He was the best prosecutor in the office:

*This politically motivated prosecution has crash and burn written all over it….and this is the "losing all engine power at 40,000 ft" phase.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
going4roses
She is definitely on a idgaf tangent but why ?
going4roses

Why do they lie ? Who is getting the blame
dajo9
going4roses said:

Local and state politicians get the blame instead of bad management. It's CYA.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
Cal88
going4roses said:

What's the point of reporting crimes that will not get prosecuted?
dimitrig
Cal88 said:

going4roses said:

What's the point of reporting crimes that will not get prosecuted?

I think point is that the retailers blame shoplifting for their losses and closures when that isn't the problem at all. Why lie about it? Never pegged Target as unscrupulous but there we are.

bearister
Is the owner of Colonial Donuts in Oakland a liar too ? Asking for a friend.
Cal88
In Colonial's case, it definitely wasn't an inside job.

Cal88
Ruby Room downtown Oakland closing for good after NYE party, shame. I used to hang out there in the early 00s on DJ Kitty's vintage funk Wednesdays, best regular night out dancing in the Bay Area.

https://oaklandside.org/2023/12/06/oakland-ruby-room-closing/#:~:text=One%20of%20Oakland's%20most%20notorious,'

going4roses
My native White people are hella different !!!

Unless the club is playing mariachi, and Banda serving tekilla that will be a hard sell in Oakland now. Some wanted the property Black people had thus they were forced to move for a myriad of both complexe and simple reasons.
Oakland is mini Central America now I see more white folks in East Oakland that I see native Black people
going4roses
bearister said:

Is the owner of Colonial Donuts in Oakland a liar too ? Asking for a friend.

I think that lie is for Big companies
Big C
going4roses said:

Unless the club is playing mariachi, and Banda serving tekilla that will be a hard sell in Oakland now. Some wanted the property Black people had thus they were forced to move for a myriad of both complexe and simple reasons.
Oakland is mini Central America now I see more white folks in East Oakland that I see native Black people

Many folks long for those late-20th-century pre-gentrification days of Esther's Orbit Room in West Oakland.
Chapman_is_Gone
going4roses said:

"Native?" There weren't all that many blacks in the Bay Area before shipbuilding and the War.

If there's one thing progressives like you and the writers at Berkeleyside like to do is to cherry pick the peak post-War black Bay Area population percentage and claim that any level below that percentage is some sort of travesty.
going4roses
Are you still over here crying like the Timmy you are … you haven't a clue

Why are you so racist ? Did something happen to you as a child ? Or were raised this way ? Why do my post enrage you so much ?
oski003
going4roses said:

Are you still over here crying like the Timmy you are … you haven't a clue

Why are you so racist ? Did something happen to you as a child ? Or were raised this way ? Why do my post enrage you so much ?

Have you considered the possibility that he is not racist, you actually are, and his posts enrage you because you don't want to believe the truth?
dajo9
The Trump murder surge has been beaten by Biden. Near record murder reductions.
https://www.threads.net/@dkthomp/post/C1Pb7ozrl71/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
bearister
Oakland PD officer killed in line of duty

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/major-police-activity-in-oakland/
bearister
bearister

*The perps will be in the game program. The same 1500-2000 guys commit all the high end crimes in The Town.
bearister

*AG will never pursue this vindictive prosecution of a whistleblower, who will then promptly sue Madame DA.
bearister
Alameda DA's office recused by judge from Butch Ford case

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2024/01/04/courts/pamela-price-butch-ford-case-recusal/
Big C
bearister said:

*AG will never pursue this vindictive prosecution of a whistleblower, who will then promptly sue Madame DA.

bearister, I presume these are public proceedings? Do you ever attend? You should tip us off when something good is coming up up, as they sound like great theater!
bearister
I don't attend. Just read Berkeley Scanner. Emily usually gives dates of future hearings, trials.

I get a vicarious thrill out of what this guy is doing, however, one has to wonder what a sheltered upbringing he had in the burbs thinking that putting his name and face out there is risk free. There are a few hardened felons out there that may take being woofed on the wrong way.

https://abc7news.com/sf-car-break-in-suspect-viral-bait-video-glitter-bombs-mark-rober-youtube/14283206/
DiabloWags
3 DAYS and 3 HOMICIDES

Just another typical weekend in The Town.

Oakland sees deadly weekend, 3 homicides in just over 24 hours (yahoo.com)

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
oski003
DiabloWags said:

3 DAYS and 3 HOMICIDES

Liberal city in a liberal county in a liberal state. Just democrats being democrats.

https://www.bestplaces.net/voting/city/california/oakland
dimitrig
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

3 DAYS and 3 HOMICIDES

Liberal city in a liberal county in a liberal state. Just democrats being democrats.

"Cumulatively, overall murder rates since 2000 were on average 23% higher in Trump-voting states. For the past 21 years, the top 10 murder rate states have been dominated by reliably red states, namely Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Missouri."

"The murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Donald Trump has exceeded the murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Joe Biden in every year from 2000 to 2020."

"Over this 21-year span, this Red State murder gap has steadily widened from a low of 9% more per capita red state murders in 2003 and 2004 to 44% more per capita red state murders in 2019, before settling back to 43% in 2020."

"Even when murders in the largest cities in red states are removed, overall murder rates in Trump-voting states were 12% higher than Biden-voting states across this 21-year period and were higher in 18 of the 21 years observed."

Why are Murder Rates Persistently Higher in Red States?

Guns:

"Studies have estimated that gun ownership rates are as much as twice as high in a typical red state than a typical blue state. Since 79% of all homicides are committed with a firearm, it stands to reason that more guns will produce more murders, not less."

Poverty:

"Studies have found a correlation between poverty and violent crime. Red states tend to have higher poverty rates than blue states."

Educational attainment:

"Those who have a high school diploma or less tend to be overrepresented among victims and perpetrators of homicide. Increasingly, there is an educational attainment gap between red and blue states as well."

Social Service and Police Resources:

"Despite accusations that Democrats "defund the police," we found that cities with Democratic mayors fund police at far higher levels on a per capita basis than cities run by Republican mayors. In 2020, the 25 largest Democrat-run cities spent 38% more on policing per capita than the 25 largest Republican-run cities. In addition, blue states may be more likely to fund social service programs that help steer people away from violent crime than red states."

Link:
https://www.thirdway.org/report/the-two-decade-red-state-murder-problem

DiabloWags
dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

3 DAYS and 3 HOMICIDES

"Cumulatively, overall murder rates since 2000 were on average 23% higher in Trump-voting states. For the past 21 years, the top 10 murder rate states have been dominated by reliably red states, namely Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Missouri."

"The murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Donald Trump has exceeded the murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Joe Biden in every year from 2000 to 2020."

Some things never change in OT.
Oski shown to be terribly ignorant yet again.
Happy New Year!
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
oski003
DiabloWags said:

dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

3 DAYS and 3 HOMICIDES

Happy New Year!

Nope. States with looser gun laws, mostly Republican, do have higher death rates. However, non-violent crime is out of control in democratic areas. Here, both violent crime and non-violent crime are a major problem.

Homeowner - "Somebody is in my house with a gun!".

911 - "Please Hold, we will be with you shortly."

Democrats being democrats.
Eastern Oregon Bear
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

3 DAYS and 3 HOMICIDES

Happy New Year!

Nope. States with looser gun laws, mostly Republican, do have higher death rates. However, non-violent crime is out of control in democratic areas. Here, both violent crime and non-violent crime are a major problem.

When the facts aren't on your side, turn to made up scenarios. You think home invasions don't happen in areas Republicans govern?
oski003
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

3 DAYS and 3 HOMICIDES

Happy New Year!

When the facts aren't on your side, turn to made up scenarios. You think home invasions don't happen in areas Republicans govern?

No, I don't think home invasions don't happen in areas Republicans govern. Thanks.
sycasey
oski003 said:

Seems like the most likely top factor here is high-density urban areas having more crime, which has basically always been true. Get more people living on top of each other and you get more opportunity for crime.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.