The Town has major trouble

70,287 Views | 973 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by movielover
going4roses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ohhh yeah of course you don't have a sensible explanation/ common sense reasoning for your statement. You could have just said absolutely nothing and that would represent the same feeling (lack of understanding). You clearly didn't understand my comment nor do have capacity rationalize/contextualize my statement. Racist tropes based on your emotions are inconsequential

Your thought process (rather lack there of) is the reason why things are falling apart everywhere.

Off you go
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
82gradDLSdad
going4roses said:

Ohhh yeah of course you don't have a sensible explanation/ common sense reasoning for your statement. You could have just said absolutely nothing and that would represent the same feeling (lack of understanding). You clearly didn't understand my comment nor do have capacity rationalize/contextualize my statement. Racist tropes based on your emotions are inconsequential

Your thought process (rather lack there of) is the reason why things are falling apart everywhere.

Off you go

You could explain the correlation instead of being dismissive. I don't see the correlation either.
going4roses
82gradDLSdad said:

going4roses said:

Off you go

You could explain the correlation instead of being dismissive. I don't see the correlation either.

Oakbear said:

going4roses said:

Aww I am sorry you can not see the correlation
and I am sorry that you can actually believe that there is one

we have been giving the poor money for years and years and it does not end crime, criminals will be criminals

My rebuttal to the racist tropes was actually quite tame Imo.

That's the rub you can't see things that will never negatively impact you. Understood. It's all purposefully done by design so much so it reproduces itself in every way possible to benefit everyone else but my people that owed the most !!!! Pay the debt owed and accrued interest or America will continue fall apart ( you do see shhh is a mess don't you) the clock is ticking…
going4roses
Hmm so west Oakland is Palestine ?
Oakbear
going4roses said:

Off you go
amazinf, all those words to say nothing LOL
going4roses
But of course what else would a proud racist say
Oakbear
going4roses said:

But of course what else would a proud racist say
you must be the racist as you assume that criminals are of color.

I don't I know criminals come in all shapes, sizes etc
going4roses
Righhttt sure thing
bearister
What's next Top Dog!

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/10/27/crime/berkeley-smokehouse-armed-robbery/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
DiabloWags
82gradDLSdad said:

going4roses said:

Off you go

Going4Racism clearly isn't able to substantiate his claim of correlation.
Instead, he just deflects and disappears.

Besides, Bearfarce, Minot, Putin88, and Oski Wee Wee, G4R is yet another reason why OT is a complete waste of time.

Not sure what he's good at in life, but he does play the VICTIM well.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Enjoy!

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
oski003
DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

going4roses said:

Off you go

Going4Racism clearly isn't able to substantiate his claim of correlation.
Instead, he just deflects and disappears.

Besides, Bearfarce, Minot, Putin88, and Oski Wee Wee, G4R is yet another reason why OT is a complete waste of time.

Not sure what he's good at in life, but he does play the VICTIM well.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Enjoy!

Please try to focus on the topic on hand instead of being a baby and having a tantrum about the people you disagree with or don't like. You can do it.
AunBear89
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
Madame D.A.'s pet political prosecution (like the alliteration?) gets teed up against one of the best prosecutors in the history of the Office.

Price critic facing misdemeanor demands speedy trial

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/10/27/courts/butch-ford-demands-speedy-trial-not-guilty-plea/
bearister
going4roses
Who is still leaving valuables in vehicles ?
oski003
going4roses said:

Who is still leaving valuables in vehicles ?

Folks in states outside of California and Hawaii. Tbh, I felt safe leaving something in my car, albeit not in the open, up until just a few years ago in California. Unfortunately, now that theft is hardly prosecuted, I am afraid to park my car outside of the garage overnight.
going4roses
https://nypost.com/2023/10/28/opinion/oakland-calif-is-falling-apart/
bearister
Alameda County aims to alter election rules amid Price recall

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/10/30/courts/alameda-county-recall-election-rules-board-supervisors-pamela-price/

"It is unfair, in the middle of us getting our signatures, to say that you want to make a change," Brenda Grisham, one of the lead organizers of the recall, told the board Tuesday during public comment. "I feel that this is election interference."

East County Supervisor David Haubert said he could see how a current recall effort might raise questions about having the rules changed in the midst of the work."

Gee, really, ya think?
going4roses
Oh boy
Big C
going4roses said:

Typical California-is-falling-into-the-sea article from the East Coast media. I'm surprised they were able to get across the Bay Bridge this time.

Not saying we don't have problems, but a lot of it is anecdotal, or at least ephemeral. And I'm pretty sure that Oakland's crime rate is still well under that of a number of other cities in the country.
going4roses
As well as the 70's-90's
bearister

"Oakland, California. Located East of San Francisco, Oakland consistently ranks as one of the most dangerous cities in California and the country. Out of a population of 433,823, Oakland has a crime rate of 6,459 per 100,000, making Oakland 175% higher than the national average and 150% higher than California.Sep 20, 2023"

https://propertyclub.nyc/article/most-dangerous-cities-in-the-us#:~:text=3.,and%20150%25%20higher%20than%20California.
sycasey
Big C said:

going4roses said:

Typical California-is-falling-into-the-sea article from the East Coast media. I'm surprised they were able to get across the Bay Bridge this time.

Not saying we don't have problems, but a lot of it is anecdotal, or at least ephemeral. And I'm pretty sure that Oakland's crime rate is still well under that of a number of other cities in the country.
I saw "NY Post" and did not click on the link.

Oakland has a crime problem. It always has, and the current state is still not as bad as it was in the 90s or earlier. That said, there has been a spike since the pre-Covid years and people are not wrong to be worried. Much like Boudin across the bay, Pamela Price seems to be handling the politics of this poorly; this seems to be a common problem with the ultra-leftists who found their way into major city positions in recent years. Ideological commitment will only take you so far!
bearister
oski003
sycasey said:

Big C said:

going4roses said:

Oakland has a crime problem. It always has, and the current state is still not as bad as it was in the 90s or earlier. That said, there has been a spike since the pre-Covid years and people are not wrong to be worried. Much like Boudin across the bay, Pamela Price seems to be handling the politics of this poorly; this seems to be a common problem with the ultra-leftists who found their way into major city positions in recent years. Ideological commitment will only take you so far!

The theft rate is high despite theft under $1,000 no longer being prosecuted and often not being reported.
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

going4roses said:

The theft rate is high despite theft under $1,000 no longer being prosecuted and often not being reported.

As I said: crime has clearly spiked post-Covid. Mostly things like car break-ins.
oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

going4roses said:

As I said: crime has clearly spiked post-Covid. Mostly things like car break-ins.

And I am further adding the fact that folks are less likely to report what is now considered misdemeanor theft because of recent laws that discourage prosecution of such. It is my belief that this artificially lowers property crime rates such that they are lower than or comparable to the 90s.
bearister
Gunfire near UC Berkeley prompts WarnMe alert

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/10/31/uc-berkeley-crime/uc-berkeley-gunfire-warnme-alert/

Berkeley couple carjacked while arriving home with baby

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/10/31/crime/berkeley-couple-carjacked-arriving-home-with-baby/
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

going4roses said:

And I am further adding the fact that folks are less likely to report what is now considered misdemeanor theft because of recent laws that discourage prosecution of such. It is my belief that this artificially lowers property crime rates such that they are lower than or comparable to the 90s.
That's possible, but obviously hard to prove. And would be a pretty short-term effect anyway.
oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

going4roses said:

That's possible, but obviously hard to prove. And would be a pretty short-term effect anyway.

Why is it a pretty short term effect?
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

going4roses said:

Because the laws are recent?
oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

going4roses said:

Because the laws are recent?

2014. You talk about pre and post covid years. Covid was 2019-21.
bearister
Woke California DA Pamela Price has work laptop stolen from SUV

https://nypost.com/2023/10/30/news/pamela-price-has-work-laptop-stolen-from-county-suv/

*"According to reports, Price's bodyguard parked the $90,000 SUV outside.." I'd call that a sweet vehicle courtesy of Alameda County.
bearister
BPD shares footage of fatal police shooting at Toyota in Albany

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/11/03/crime/albany-shooting-berkeley-police-video/
going4roses
Relationships gone bad smh … mental health is an after thought

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.