The Town has major trouble

70,288 Views | 973 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by movielover
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Juvenile name calling with an attempted snark (fail).
going4roses
Chapman_is_Gone said:

going4roses said:

Hispanics / South Pacific Asians and Arabs taking on white Amerikkkan pathology is the problem you see here … Intended/unintended consequences of policy decisions + gentrification.

Police (slave catchers) don't know how to police non Black bodies. And most of the cops are them primarily so unlike black cops trying to please their white co workers and supervisors. They don't give a F. The police can't stop policy/poverty they can't fix it either

This was easily avoidable…

Quit spewing your racist bull*****

What is Racism?
Who has the privilege/audacity/the depths of evil from within ?
What did I say was racist ?
How what I said could be racist ?
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
bearister
Burglars ransack 16 Oakland businesses located in Hegenberger Corridor - CBS San Francisco

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/burglars-ransack-16-oakland-businesses-located-in-hegenberger-corridor/

*Wonder what it will take? Big dent in Oakland Airport business? Didn't the airport figure out the battle had already been lost by the time they came up with the name San Francisco Bay Oakland International Airport?

Where is the Mayor? Where is the Chief of Police?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Big C
bearister said:

Burglars ransack 16 Oakland businesses located in Hegenberger Corridor - CBS San Francisco

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/burglars-ransack-16-oakland-businesses-located-in-hegenberger-corridor/

*Wonder what it will take? Big dent in Oakland Airport business? Didn't the airport figure out the battle had already been lost by the time they came up with the name San Francisco Bay Oakland International Airport?

Where is the Mayor? Where is the Chief of Police?

The Mayor fired the Chief of Police. Then, the FBI fired the Mayor. In six months, Trump will fire the FBI. But who will be left to fire Trump?
going4roses
Who are the perps ? Why are they doing this ? What's going on beneath the surface layer ?

What are the missing pieces to this puzzle
smh
Big C said:

> In six months, Trump will fire the FBI. But who will be left to fire Trump?
lets call the whole thing off
muting more than 300 handles, turnaround is fair play
bearister
bearister said:

DA Pamela Price hits her biggest critic with misdemeanor charge

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/07/19/courts/da-pamela-price-butch-ford-misdemeanor-case/

I think this is one of Butch's best victories:
John Lee Cowell Sentenced to Life In Prison for BART Station Murder of Nia Wilson

https://sfist.com/2020/07/17/john-lee-cowell-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-bart-station-murder-of-nia-wilson/

Well, Madame D.A.'s political prosecution against former Alameda County Deputy D.A. Butch Ford just got the next to last coffin nail pounded in. This case will now be assigned to the State Attorney's General's Office that will dismiss the case because it is baseless and then Butch will sue Madame D.A., personally, and Alameda County for malicious prosecution and a large check will be written. Part of her legacy before she gets shown the door in the November recall.
oski003
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/40711496/man-gets-15-years-prison-stealing-jackie-robinson-statue

15 years! In California, would they even press charges beyond a fine?
bearister
https://abc7news.com/post/convicted-serial-san-francisco-shoplifter-aziza-graves-gets/15011599/
going4roses
Interesting? No priors ?

Or maybe there isn't enough ( guards ) to lock up more ?
bearister
going4roses said:

Interesting? No priors ?

Or maybe there isn't enough ( guards ) to lock up more ?

"San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins slammed the county's criminal courts during a town hall meeting in the Tenderloin on Thursday, saying that judges are nullifying the ramped-up efforts of law enforcement officials by releasing people accused of repeated drug offenses before they go to trial."
Aug 4, 2023, SF Gate

I am sure D.A. Jenkins would say the same about the judge in the shoplifter matter with regard to the sentencing.
Big C

I hope she is able to get her life in order. If she gets convicted again, she ought to do three to five.
bearister
State to speed up prosecutions after Alameda County DA delay

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2024/08/06/courts/alameda-county-delay-pamela-price-california-to-speed-up-prosecutions/

*These State prosecuters won't have much, if any,meaningful trial experience and they won't go near a murder case with a 10 foot pole (just like all of Madame D.A.'s hires), but hey, every little bit helps.
going4roses
Big C
going4roses said:

lol that's a bull's eye
Chapman_is_Gone

"Appealing-to-experts" should not be hyphenated. Geez.
bearister
https://abc7news.com/post/1-person-dead-after-shooting-berkeley-adeline-street-police-say/15194003/

Takeover robbery reported at clothing shop near UC Berkeley

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2024/08/15/uc-berkeley-crime/uc-berkeley-takeover-robbery-telegraph-avenue-clothing-shop/
going4roses
That sucks . Takeover robbery? *** does that mean ? Smh more yellow journalism
bearister
going4roses said:

That sucks . Takeover robbery? *** does that mean ? Smh more yellow journalism

A takeover robbery is committed by one or more perpetrators, often armed, who take over a space and demand money. The robbers are usually professional thieves working in teams.

From the Berkeley Scanner article:

" Armed robbers forced staff into the back of a Berkeley clothing shop Thursday morning while they stole money from the store safe, authorities report.

The men, who wore masks and dark clothing and were described as 6 feet tall, "ordered the staff to the back of the store and demanded cash from the safe."

going4roses
A Hit /score lol
bearister
Two recalls, an FBI raid, a Gavin Newsom intervention: What's happening in Oakland? - POLITICO

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/08/15/oakland-fbi-raid-newsom-00173715

Looks like the new OPD Chief feels comfortable picking sides after his first 100 days and he isn't interested in being scape goated:

Oakland police chief says overall crime down but acknowledges anguish of victims

https://www.aol.com/news/oakland-police-chief-says-overall-020741725.html

"He says his officers are working hard to catch criminals. But he alluded to some concerns with Alameda County District Attorney Pamela Price over some charging decisions that may further re-victimize those affected by crime.

The chief said he's had conversations with Price and that he wants to maintain a working relationship while at the same time "communicate our frustrations in regards to how some of the cases are being handled. But I'm not here to bash. I'm here to make sure that we're going to continue to do our work."
Cal88
Other major city in CA having problems, this video has been making the rounds:

AunBear89
Confirmation bias is a wonderful thing for you righties.

And the 90th largest city in California is "major"? You righties just make stuff up and change the meanings of words.

Weird.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
calbear93
Cal88 said:

Not sure if you live on the Westside, but Santa Monica and nearby Brentwood were never that safe, and it is not that much more dangerous now. Santa Monica has never been part of the LA city and so always has better school than the schools in LAUSD. The place that went down quickly is Venice Beach for the same reason as San Francisco - namely homeless population and open drug use. Manhattan Beach and PV, the family friendly upper middle class suburban neighborhoods, are still very safe, although we have been spending a lot more time in our place in Laguna Beach. Laguna Beach and Laguna Niguel are pretty the same as before, mainly because you see police cruising everywhere. Orange County, from Newport Beach to Laguna Beach just seem better managed and run. Some say less character, but in retirement, I am not looking to go clubbing.
oski003
calbear93 said:

Cal88 said:

Not sure if you live on the Westside, but Santa Monica and nearby Brentwood were never that safe, and it is not that much more dangerous now. Santa Monica has never been part of the LA city and so always has better school than the schools in LAUSD. The place that went down quickly is Venice Beach for the same reason as San Francisco - namely homeless population and open drug use. Manhattan Beach and PV, the family friendly upper middle class suburban neighborhoods, are still very safe, although we have been spending a lot more time in our place in Laguna Beach. Laguna Beach and Laguna Niguel are pretty the same as before, mainly because you see police cruising everywhere. Orange County, from Newport Beach to Laguna Beach just seem better managed and run. Some say less character, but in retirement, I am not looking to go clubbing.

The places you named that are well managed and run well are more isolated from traditionally bad neighborhoods and are also more likely to have a Republican city government.

Here is a story from El Segundo. There has been another major accident there since, again caused by thieves evading the police.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/losangeles/news/suspect-critically-injures-bicyclist-while-trying-to-get-away-from-police-in-el-segundo/
Cal88
calbear93 said:

Cal88 said:

I used to frequent Sta Monica on my trips to LA up to the late 00s, it was always a pleasant destination and a great place to hang out on the Promenade for shopping, book browsing and a meal, it never felt grungy or unsafe.
calbear93
oski003 said:

calbear93 said:

Cal88 said:

The places you named that are well managed and run well are more isolated from traditionally bad neighborhoods and are also more likely to have a Republican city government.

Here is a story from El Segundo. There has been another major accident there since, again caused by thieves evading the police.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/losangeles/news/suspect-critically-injures-bicyclist-while-trying-to-get-away-from-police-in-el-segundo/
El Segundo and Westchester have deteriorated over the years. Cars are broken into openly.

Just to be expected when city politicians care more about theory and concept than reality. Someone I knew who used to preach to me about the compassion of liberal policies moved out to Scottsdale, Arizona soon after her home in Playa Vista got burglarized, including when she and her daughter were home, three times in one year. She is now more on the conservative side. Our neighborhood on the beach front in Manhattan Beach is still safe. Santa Monica still seems safe. Just went to the Lobster for lunch this weekend with my wife and felt safe. The neighborhood where our weekend home is located in Laguna Beach is definitely liberal and definitely safe, but there is appreciation for the police, and almost no homeless situation (there was one famous homeless person who lived in a cave on the beach and would catch and grill lobsters). Newport is mixed as far as political leaning, but Irvine is definitely more conservative. Both safe and clean neighborhoods. LA itself is a disaster, including Melrose where there are some really good restaurants.

I think it's more than just liberal or conservative. It's more common sense. When you don't discourage homeless encampments near the beach (e.g., Venice), word spreads, and more and more camps will set up. There will be a sense of entitlement, open drug use, and local shops will notice significant reduction in customers, resulting in lower taxes. But as long as people keep voting in local politicians who vote against the residents' interest, this will continue. Until those with resources move out to better neighborhoods.
calbear93
Cal88 said:

calbear93 said:

Cal88 said:

I used to frequent Sta Monica on my trips to LA up to the late 00s, it was always a pleasant destination and a great place to hang out on the Promenade for shopping, book browsing and a meal, it never felt grungy or unsafe.
Still doesn't. Hate hanging out at the pier because of the crowd and traffic, and the beach is pretty dirty, but definitely not dangerous. Prefer Malibu however. Just have not seen any big difference in the last decade in Santa Monica as far as safety.
going4roses
All these issues are manufactured by past policy & politicians(BOTH DEMS AND REPUBLICANS) and a healthy combination of both.

Nothing will be fixed until and a truthful assessment of how the problems were created is done first.
DiabloWags
Oakland is a total lawless ****hole.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/girl-17-killed-mother-hurt-oakland-hit-and-run-dui-crash
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
dajo9
Crime in Oakland is down about 1/3 from what it was in the early 1990s
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
bearister
dajo9 said:

There were 175 homicides in Oakland in 1992. I doubt the people in the flatlands terrorized by daily gun battles with hundreds of shell casings riddling the street are impressed with the crime stats bettering those of the early 90's.

*…..and new OPD Chief Floyd Mitchell is letting it be known that he won't be playing the role of the scapegoat.
https://www.aol.com/news/oakland-police-chief-says-overall-020741725.html
going4roses
Now let's look at the population changes in Oakland since the early 90's to now … two totally different Oakland's' . This part of the discussion is not being factored in by ANYONE. Black people have been removed by force or choice from Oakland. No politician nor police have discussed this … what is taking place now could/should have been addressed instead of going unaddressed. That clip show kids that are not black there is no dope game to funk over. I need to get in grad school to do this research that is sorely need to truthfully connect the dots . Well keep applying (USF) denied me for admission this fall for the Urban Studies program.
Chapman_is_Gone
going4roses said:

Now let's look at the population changes in Oakland since the early 90's to now … two totally different Oakland's' . This part of the discussion is not being factored in by ANYONE. Black people have been removed by force or choice from Oakland. No politician nor police have discussed this … what is taking place now could/should have been addressed and was not and is going unaddressed. That clip show kids that not black there is no dope game to funk over. I need to in grad school to do this research that is sorely need to truthfully connect the dots . Well keep applying (USF) denied me for admission this fall for the Urban Studies program.

What black people have been removed from Oakland "by force"? Be specific.
movielover
dajo9 said:

How often do you walk the streets there?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.