The Town has major trouble

70,283 Views | 973 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by movielover
bear2034
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

SFDA and Cal Bear Brooke Jenkins has said publicly on more than a few occasions that some of the judges in SF undermine her office's ability to effectively prosecute crimes, particularly against drug dealers.

There are some real nut cases on the Board of Supervisors, short of a few of them getting robbed, beat, stabbed, or shot, I don't see things significantly changing with regard to their permissive outlook.

If Brooke is calling them out publicly, I'm afraid she might become someone's target.
bearister
SOP in Latin America. Rare here….but losing defense attorneys get whacked all the time. Clients feel they got sold out.

A history of prosecutor deaths in the US - The San Diego Union-Tribune

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-a-history-of-prosecutor-deaths-in-the-us-2013apr01-story.html
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
DiabloWags
Pamela Price is now arguing that the effort to recall her is marred by unethical and illegal tactics that amount to an "inexcusable attack on our democracy."

"One of her claims is that the recall campaign employed signature gatherers from out of state, which Price says runs afoul of the County Charter; that signature gatherers tricked some people into signing petitions ; and that petition forms were left unattended in public places where they could have been tampered with."
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
bearister
The Recall Petition got 30+ thousand more signatures than required. Good luck invalidating!
bearister
It's called incompetence squared.

Alameda County DA recused from fatal police shooting case

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2024/03/23/courts/alameda-county-da-recused-fatal-police-shooting-case/
DiabloWags
Meanwhile, the UNION SQUARE area is gaining 3 luxury watch stores.
bearister
DiabloWags said:

Meanwhile, the UNION SQUARE area is gaining 3 luxury watch stores.

Great opportunity for a smash and grab.
bear2034

Pamela Price received more than $1 million in her races from three political action committees funded by George Soros, according to the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund.
bearister
Freeway shooting in Berkeley, patient taken to Highland

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2024/04/06/shootings/berkeley-freeway-shooting-patient-highland/
bear2034
bearister
going4roses
Any idea what are the root causes of this behavior/dynamic?
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
bear2034
going4roses said:

No daddy.
going4roses
Huh ?
No I mean seriously. Who do you think is involved/spectating? Why ?

What happened to the intelligent racist people ? When did overt racists become so slow so remedial with their racism?
bear2034
going4roses said:

Huh ?
No I mean seriously. Who do you think is involved/spectating?

Boys with no daddies.
Chapman_is_Gone
going4roses said:

Obviously, 90%+ of the crowd is black. An entire generation or more of black teens and young men has been lost due to the fact that more than 70% of them were raised without a father in the house. I cannot imagine how anyone thinks children can be raised without father supervision and not have it lead to a negative outcome. Not to mention other ways in which black culture is ill, such as frowning on academic achievement as being "white," glorifying violence, and misogyny.

A solution? I do what I can to help at my tiny local level, but on a larger scale, you couldn't pay me enough to try to solve that problem...
Eastern Oregon Bear
Chapman_is_Gone said:

going4roses said:

Obviously, 90%+ of the crowd is black. An entire generation or more of black teens and young men has been lost due to the fact that more than 70% of them were raised without a father in the house. I cannot imagine how anyone thinks children can be raised without father supervision and not have it lead to a negative outcome. Not to mention other ways in which black culture is ill, such as frowning on academic achievement as being "white," glorifying violence, and misogyny.

A solution? You couldn't pay me enough to try to solve that problem...

Introduced into evidence as Chapman Is Gone Exhibit 17.
going4roses
One more time for the extremely slow ones

re policy dealing with the visually violently activities in public spaces
assessment of the situation / What is the problem ?
who are the stakeholders ?
possible remedies/fixes ?
intended and unintended consequences
Where did the problem originate ? Why ?
What made it worse ? What role has both Immigration and the Pandemic played ?
Who is involved/spectating ?

This is not Sideshow related.
going4roses
Chapman_is_Gone said:

going4roses said:

A solution? I do what I can to help at my tiny local level, but on a larger scale, you couldn't pay me enough to try to solve that problem...

WOW you are ignorant and blind ?

We clearly see you have done absolutely no research lol but yet continue to LIE in a racist and disrespectful manner.

Black people have been removed from this space what you see is Spanish and Southern Pacific people who have cultural appropriated the Cultural phenomenon once known as the East Oakland Sideshow.
No old schools involved very few if any Black people.

Show me were you have studied Black American Cultural in a non racists/white centered way ?

You/your mindset is the problem dragging this country down a straight no account liar nothing more than a fraud

Your father (if you have one) what man would allow his child to grow up and become what you are is beyond me ... he should have pulled out or your mother should have swallowed you

going4roses
OPD .... lol
https://www.mercurynews.com/2024/04/10/high-ranking-oakland-cops-including-deputy-chief-face-serious-discipline-for-allegedly-botching-investigation/?utm_email=14B1642B3429843C544A74E547&lctg=14B1642B3429843C544A74E547&active=no&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fwww.mercurynews.com%2f2024%2f04%2f10%2fhigh-ranking-oakland-cops-including-deputy-chief-face-serious-discipline-for-allegedly-botching-investigation%2f&utm_campaign=bang-mult-nl-morning-report-nl&utm_content=manual
bearister
Don't put the ball in the trophy case just yet on this one.

Keep in mind that ex OPD Chief Anne Kirkpatrick (now Chief in NOLA) was set up for termination by then Mayor Libby Schaaf and the Oakland Police Commission. Kirkpatrick sued for wrongful termination and the jury ruled in her favor, which means the jury did not believe the trial testimony of Schaaf or the Police Commission members.

Keep your eye on the Tran criminal case and the testimony in that case. It should be very revealing of what is really going on.

Jim Chanin, an Oakland attorney who has been suing OPD for 40+ years (and featured at length in the book The Riders Come Out at Night) says he is shocked at these charges against Deputy Chief Drennon Lindsey (ex Chief Armstrong's wife) because he believes she is a good cop. He also said the Federal Monitor of the OPD has not been advised of any of this.

My prediction: There is a lot of corruption in Oakland city government and that like with tRump, the jury system is no friend to sexy allegations that are being tossed around so casually in the press.

going4roses
Hmm no trophy wanted nor any thought of one. Simply pointing out police are not perfect people.

Trophy's are for tangible gains/wins. Nothing in that piece equals a win for anyone imo
bearister
No argument, lots of cops picked the wrong profession and lots of good ones.

I feel sorry for the incoming Chief. I am always biased in favor of Vets like him that keep in top physical shape as they age because it is often reflective of being committed to excellence in all endeavors. He has a real stacked deck against him coming into Oakland where both Mayor and DA will gladly hang him out to dry if it is politically expedient. I hope he has press conferences and calls bullsh@it on them when they try it.

Ex Chief Armstrong is going to kick Oakland's arse in his civil suit, just like Kirkpatrick did.

*Rumor mill says Floyd Mitchell is balking and renegotiations with Mayor occuring.
going4roses
All ready issues geez us
Chapman_is_Gone
going4roses said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

going4roses said:

We clearly see you have done absolutely no research lol but yet continue to LIE in a racist and disrespectful manner.

Black people have been removed from this space what you see is Spanish and Southern Pacific people who have cultural appropriated the Cultural phenomenon once known as the East Oakland Sideshow.

Show me were you have studied Black American Cultural in a non racists/white centered way ?

You/your mindset is the problem dragging this country down a straight no account liar nothing more than a fraud

Your father (if you have one) what man would allow his child to grow up and become what you are is beyond me ... he should have pulled out or your mother should have swallowed you

This post says all people need to know about the type of person you are.

I'd beat the **** out of you if you ever said those things to my face (which you wouldn't, of course).
bearister

*Madame DA uses the tRump playbook so one can only imagine she will file a civil suit to further delay the inevitable: She's Gonesville, Arizona. Maybe she can get a gig at UC Berkeley School of Law with Chesa.

Pamela Price recall campaign says there will be an election

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2024/04/16/courts/pamela-price-recall-campaign-signatures-certified/
Eastern Oregon Bear
Apparently not everyone likes San Francisco Bay Oakland International Airport.

San Francisco sues Oakland to stop it from changing the name of its airport
Palestinian Chicken
going4roses said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

going4roses said:

Big C
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Apparently not everyone likes San Francisco Bay Oakland International Airport.

San Francisco sues Oakland to stop it from changing the name of its airport

One of the dumber ideas ever... and anti-Oakland. Reminiscent of "Golden State Warriors" (though at least they included the name "Oakland" this time).
bear2034
Adam Schiff had his luggage stolen in S.F.
DiabloWags
But where's Cricket?
bear2034
bear2034
Adam Schiff is ROBBED in San Francisco causing him to show up at a meeting with no suit.

The San Francisco Chronicle tried (and failed) to make light of the thievery.

"Hello to the city, goodbye to your luggage. That was Senatorial candidate Adam Schiff's rude introduction to San Francisco's vexing reputation for car burglaries Thursday when thieves swiped the bags from his car while it sat in a downtown parking garage," the Chronicle 'reported.'

"The heist meant the Democratic congressman got stuck at a fancy dinner party in his shirt sleeves and a hiking vest while everyone else sat in suits," the report added.
oski003
DiabloWags said:

But where's Cricket?

Stealing Adam Schiff's luggage, unfortunately.

bear2034
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

But where's Cricket?
Stealing Adam Schiff's luggage, unfortunately.

Maybe it was the Russians?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.