The Town has major trouble

70,277 Views | 973 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by movielover
82gradDLSdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dimitrig said:

82gradDLSdad said:

oski003 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

Tip: If someone feels this way, move to Texas or Idaho. The Bay Area seems like a bad fit for you….or I suppose you could move Lassen, Modoc or Orange counties.

This is a good point, bearister. Just move.

I agree but is this online racism really happening locally? Aren't there just vocal racists online scattered amongst the 8 billion people in the world?

Move to where you think you'll be happy or be happy no matter where you end up. Either way, be happy. My one recent anecdote about people's biases in different areas of the world happened over July 4th in Gearhart Oregon. My wife and I commented on some lovely rainbow chalk art on the streets done by a little girl. My wife said, just to be friendly, we know all about rainbows we are from the SF Bay Area. The young girl's grandma behind her said in a snide way, it's not that type of rainbow. I'm pretty sure we would have received a different response in most areas of the Bay Area. I'm sure Grandma was more happy in Gearhart than she would have been in the Castro.

I wonder what that grandma will think when the little girl later identifies as LGBTQ.

Maybe she'll be more open. Who cares who your children choose as partners as long as they are happy, healthy and kind. Self sufficient isn't bad too.
Eastern Oregon Bear
dimitrig said:

82gradDLSdad said:

oski003 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

Tip: If someone feels this way, move to Texas or Idaho. The Bay Area seems like a bad fit for you….or I suppose you could move Lassen, Modoc or Orange counties.

This is a good point, bearister. Just move.

I agree but is this online racism really happening locally? Aren't there just vocal racists online scattered amongst the 8 billion people in the world?

Move to where you think you'll be happy or be happy no matter where you end up. Either way, be happy. My one recent anecdote about people's biases in different areas of the world happened over July 4th in Gearhart Oregon. My wife and I commented on some lovely rainbow chalk art on the streets done by a little girl. My wife said, just to be friendly, we know all about rainbows we are from the SF Bay Area. The young girl's grandma behind her said in a snide way, it's not that type of rainbow. I'm pretty sure we would have received a different response in most areas of the Bay Area. I'm sure Grandma was more happy in Gearhart than she would have been in the Castro.

I wonder what that grandma will think when the little girl later identifies as LGBTQ.

"What granddaughter? I don't have a granddaughter."
bearister
Road rage near Cal: Driver with gun threatens scooter rider

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/08/30/uc-berkeley-crime/uc-berkeley-road-rage-driver-gun-threatens-scooter-rider/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Cal88
Carjacking on frat row earlier this month, this kind of thing didn't happen back in the day...

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/08/15/uc-berkeley-crime/armed-carjacking-outside-uc-berkeley-fraternity/

Three men with a gun carjacked a UC Berkeley student outside a fraternity house near campus Monday night, authorities report.
The carjacking happened at about 10:50 p.m. Monday in the 2700 block of Channing Way, between College and Piedmont avenues, Berkeley police said.
The armed men took a black 2021 Toyota Corolla during the carjacking.
Berkeley carjacking statistics are not readily available online but there have already been at least 16 other carjackings in Berkeley in 2023.
In recent years, Berkeley has consistently averaged about 14 carjackings a year in total, BPD said previously, putting this year well ahead of prior tallies.
going4roses
Meanwhile in SF

Can anyone confirm this ? I'm curious as to the demographics of the deceased
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
Eastern Oregon Bear
going4roses said:

Meanwhile in SF

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to explain why they all died due to the COVID vaccine.
oski003
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

going4roses said:

Meanwhile in SF

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to explain why they all died due to the COVID vaccine.

Why would they do that? The headline clearly says suspected overdoses. You are smarter than that and can differentiate actual mRNA covid vaccine side effects like myocarditis from a drug overdose, right?
Eastern Oregon Bear
oski003 said:

going4roses said:

Meanwhile in SF

Why would they do that? The headline clearly says suspected overdoses. You are smarter than that and can differentiate actual mRNA covid vaccine side effects like myocarditis from a drug overdose, right?
Yes, I am smarter than that. I also remember not too long ago a few people around here blaming every single undiagnosed death and most traumatic sports injuries as being due to the covid vaccine without any evidence of myocarditis being involved.
oski003

oski003 said:

going4roses said:

Meanwhile in SF

Yes, I am smarter than that. I also remember not too long ago a few people around here blaming every single undiagnosed death and most traumatic sports injuries as being due to the covid vaccine without any evidence of myocarditis being involved.

So you think the one or two people that though most HEART RELATED sports injuries were vaccine related also think that homeless dying of heroin and fentanyl overdoses is also vaccine related? That is a much larger stretch than the one or two posters were willing to make. Bourla salutes you for your advocacy.
Eastern Oregon Bear
oski003 said:

oski003 said:

going4roses said:

Meanwhile in SF

So you think the one or two people that though most HEART RELATED sports injuries were vaccine related also think that homeless dying of heroin and fentanyl overdoses is also vaccine related? That is a much larger stretch than the one or two posters were willing to make. Bourla salutes you for your advocacy.
You are dense. I'm saying that the handful of obsessed people probably think that the homeless dying of heroin and fentanyl overdoses are also vaccine related, not me. I'm sorry if my poking fun at your allies has disturbed you, but that seems like a you problem.
oski003

oski003 said:

oski003 said:

going4roses said:

Meanwhile in SF

You are dense. I'm saying that the handful of obsessed people probably think that the homeless dying of heroin and fentanyl overdoses are also vaccine related, not me. I'm sorry if my poking fun at your allies has disturbed you, but that seems like a you problem.

Yes, I know what you are saying as you just practically repeated what I said. Way to toe the party line.
going4roses
going4roses said:

Meanwhile in SF

And how many are transient/not Bay Area natives?
bearister
I found this from a few months ago:

346 people died from drug overdoses in San Francisco in 2023 | KRON4

https://www.kron4.com/news/focus-on-fentanyl/346-people-died-from-drug-overdoses-in-san-francisco-in-2023/
going4roses
Well damn I need to go do some research. I have questions
going4roses
"The preliminary data, which is provided by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, indicates that San Francisco recorded 620 accidental drug overdose deaths in the 2022 calendar year, compared to 640 deaths reported in 2021 and 725 in 2020."
Jan 18, 2023

Accidentally ? If one is taking drugs with fentanyl or could be laced with fentanyl is that accidental? That sucks thus at what point is it semi planned suicide ? Who originally made fentanyl?
oski003
going4roses said:

"The preliminary data, which is provided by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, indicates that San Francisco recorded 620 accidental drug overdose deaths in the 2022 calendar year, compared to 640 deaths reported in 2021 and 725 in 2020."
Jan 18, 2023

Accidentally ? If one is taking drugs with fentanyl or could be laced with fentanyl is accidental? That sucks thus at what point is it semi planned suicide ? Who originally made fentanyl?

If they didn't intentionally kill themselves, it is accidental, even if they are engaging in risky behaviors, such as drug use
bearister
Judge says he 'was misled' by DA in OPD perjury case

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/09/01/courts/oakland-police-detective-phong-tran-cellphone-warrant/
oski003

oski003 said:

oski003 said:

going4roses said:

Meanwhile in SF

I am still trying to figure out how your comment differs from the comment you are responding to. I blame the fact that folks actually starred your comment on a combination of idiocy, tribalism, and bias. I have never seen so many "smart" people be so unobjective.
Eastern Oregon Bear
oski003 said:

oski003 said:

oski003 said:

going4roses said:

Meanwhile in SF

I am still trying to figure out how your comment differs from the comment you are responding to. I blame the fact that folks actually starred your comment on a combination of idiocy, tribalism, and bias. I have never seen so many "smart" people be so unobjective.
Yeah, it couldn't be that you are wrong.
bearister
The latest craze: Home invasion/Arson combo:

https://abc7news.com/person-breaks-into-oakland-home-and-sets-it-on-fire-police-say/13729332/
Cal88
bearister

bearister
Shooting at Lake Merritt today.

https://abc7news.com/1-injured-following-shooting-near-oaklands-lake-merritt-police-say/13735775/
bearister
Update: Shooting at Skyline High School in Oakland prompts lockdown, 2 arrested - CBS San Francisco

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/skyline-high-school-oakland-police-activity-shooting-reported-lockdown/
bearister
A teenage boy killed an innocent girl. The DA wants him freed.

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/09/06/courts/lilron-jones-oakland-murder-pamela-price/

Best comment to story:

Nothing But The Truth
56 minutes ago

"A few insider observations:

1. Price would have to actually know how to do the job of a DA, in order to do THE job.

2. Lilron Jones has absolutely no remorse for killing Jubrille Jordan. He and his buddies went there to kill a teenager (the wrong teenager), saw that kid with a group of girls, one holding a baby, and ran towards the group shooting multiple guns! Killing Jubrille and wounding another kid! As I recall Lilron's jail calls, he blamed her for not running fast enough.

3. Jacq Wilson is INCOMPETENT! Exactly how Price likes her DDAs, as illustrated by sexual harassers Kwixuan "MaGOOF" Maloof and her Chief Asst Otis "Mumbles a lot" Bruce and Chief Asst Royl "I don't know anything" Roberts. Don't forget her Chief of Inspectors Eric "I can't tell the truth" Lewis. The list goes on and on.

4. Price claims that her directive allows for extraordinary circumstances, but that's a lie! She's too much of a coward and can't announce that she will never charge a juvenile, no matter how old they are when their crimes come to light, as an adult. What happened to demonstrating the courage of your convictions. I guess that requires courage.

5. She recently was asked by a news reporter, "Do you think the bad guys are afraid of the DA's Office?" She smiled broadly and answered, "No. they are not afraid of my office."

Does anyone else see a problem with that? Criminals hiding fear Aunty Pam…she has their back and her smiling face tells them that.

I hear Inspectors are now getting called by bill collectors because Price's administration has stopped paying the bills. No lie.

Btw: I hear you can order military helmets and Kevlar on Amazon. Checking now…."
bearister
Two new comments by Nothing But the Truth:

Nothing But The Truth
3 hours agoEdited

"YES! Lilron Jones was one of the shooters.

In adult, court he will be eligible for parole in 11 more years. 20 years total for what he did seems light but it is what the law allows. Price doesn't even know that he can earn his freedom by rehabilitating. It happens every day in the CDCR.

In Juvenile court, he will get out immediately. As the story indicates, he will not be subject to ANY conditions. Price campaigned on increasing Pretrial services and funding community programs for youths…but recently admitted that she has no ability to do that at the Montclair community meeting.

So the headline isn't sensationalized, it's THE TRUTH!

Price's recent response to the Recall is full of lies. I count 8 fabrications and/or gross exaggerations. Can't wait for the media to cover that. She makes claims that are easily refutable. One in particular is despicable and an offensive lie given what's she's done to the mental health of this office.

A recent article in the Scanner touched on more corruption in Price's administration. Where are the "we hate lying law enforcement" voices regarding that article. A Judge says he was purposefully misled by Price's incompetent employees in the Phong Tran case. There is no explaining that away. More examples are coming.

Any attempt to describe the democratic process of Recalling an incompetent and corrupt official sounds a lot like some other purposefully blind sycophants I've read about.

I wish "educated" people would actually educate themselves…I won't hold my breath.

I've repeatedly provided the TRUTH to people who by most accounts are intelligent. These same people also feign an intent to "follow up" on the information. When will they admit that Price's claims of transparency are also lies? When Tran is acquitted, Ford is acquitted, Maloof is fired or quits in disgrace, Koltuniak has his certification revoked, Otis Bruce is exposed here for his predation, and the DA's complete financial mismanagement is exposed…what will her defenders say? I know they'll yell "False narrative"…sounds a lot like another two word phrase used by a certain politician indicted in multiple jurisdictions!"

Nothing But The Truth
21 minutes ago

"One other FACT that won't be addressed by Aunty Pam's supporters:

She and her BF lied to Jubrille Jordan's family! They told the family that Jones agreed to be paroled to Pittsburg, PA!

That was a boldfaced lie. He can't be paroled or forced to go anywhere. He's been on the phones telling his Oakland folks he'll be "out on these streets real soon."

When the Jordan family asked the originally assigned DA about that, and learned the truth, Price transferred that DA.

I wonder how that lie moves the "progressive" needle forward…I welcome ANY response."
going4roses
What is a progressive? What do they stand for ?

Does she call herself a progressive?
Why and which policies are progressive?
Progressive agenda that benefits whom (most) to achieve what benchmarks/change ?

Is it a term that has to bestowed upon oneself or it can be self anointed?

going4roses said:

Are you efffing serious do you have eyes and or a mirror I guess your words don't represent you and dissipate in thin air.

Look this is what I am going to do from this point on (you should do the same but you won't because your white privilege/fragility won't allow it) don't speak on anything I say because you are grossly unqualified to speak on things you don't understand k.

Have blessed day

bearister

Madame DA (her insisted form of address), your thoughts?
bearister
bearister
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

That was nice of them.
bearister
Man killed after being shot and hit by a car, police say NBC Bay Area

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/man-killed-shot-and-hit-by-car-oakland/3314342/
bearister said:

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/man-killed-shot-and-hit-by-car-oakland/3314342/
Today was the day I learned you could shoot someone with a car
dimitrig
10% For The Big Guy said:

bearister said:

Today was the day I learned you could shoot someone with a car

Of course.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.