The Town has major trouble

70,259 Views | 973 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by movielover
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sometimes, the FBI has to move in fast for fear of evidence being destroyed.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
bear2034

She escaped a communist regime and now she is the communist.
movielover
CBS News: Former chief of staff for Oakland Mayor Sheng Thao alleges pay-to-play schemes

"Webb accuses Thao's boyfriend Andre Jones of being the mastermind and running pay-to-play schemes during Thao's campaign for mayor and after she won.

"I had found out that Andre, her boyfriend, was promising people jobs in our administration, promising people appointments on different commissions and boards." said Webb. "I definitely believe that, out of the mouth of the people that told me, they were promised positions, they were promised board positions. And [they would always say] Andre, you know? That's who they would say, 'Andre promised me this.'"

"Webb claimed Jones was controlling and calling the shots. She said Thao went along with him."

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/former-chief-of-staff-for-oakland-mayor-sheng-thao-alleges-pay-to-play-schemes/

A dramatic increase in crime has also quieted Democrat support.

"In Oakland's case, the city has been rocked by violent crime in recent months, including murders, which have soared from 78 in 2019 to 126 last year.

"Crime overall increased by 18 percent in 2023 with property crime up 17 percent and violent crime up 21 percent.

"And in the first four months of 2024, residential robberies soared by 118 percent on the same period last year.

"Staggeringly, one car per every 30 residents was also stolen in 2023."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13558789/Progressive-Oakland-Mayor-Sheng-Thao-dealt-huge-blow-FBI-raid-boyfriends-home-announcement-shell-face-recall-election.html
bearister

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
DiabloWags
LOL!
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
bearister

When the levee breaks

Package Deal: Madame DA & Mayor to Gonesville, Arizona, U.S.A.
bearister
Spokesperson for Oakland Mayor Sheng Thao resigns

The Town is having a Red Wedding moment right now.

movielover
This is officially a S Show.
bearister
People are getting trampled running for the exits.

bear2034
movielover said:

This is officially a S Show.
So is this.

bearister
https://abc7news.com/post/exclusive-hand-account-oakland-mayor-sheng-thao-donor/15000764/

bearister
https://abc7news.com/post/oakland-city-council-faces-fiscal-crisis-budget-deadline/15000741/

Big C

I'd like to know who to believe in Oakland city politics right now. Had I been registered in Oakland, I would've voted for Loren Taylor. And yet, he seems like a business-as-usual guy. Not sure how much to believe out of the current Mayor right now, but up to last week, I didn't think she was as bad as, say, the DA. Her (former) chief-of-staff seems a little bit too eager to "tell it like it is".

One thing for sure, when you're the mayor of a city and there's a crisis (of any kind, even personal), you don't hole up for four days. You put yourself out there and try and lead.
bearister
Prosecutors' union backs recall of Alameda County DA Pamela Price

https://www.sfchronicle.com/eastbay/article/prosecutors-union-backs-recall-alameda-county-da-19539682.php

"She added that she believes the "last straw" for the union was her office's court-ordered review of all 35 death penalty sentences in the county after her office found notes that showed prosecutors in a 30-year-old case had excluded Jewish and Black people from the jury. "*

*I'm surprised she would even mention this in light of the fact the Supreme Court of California affirmed the conviction in that case last week:

CA court upholds death penalty for white killer who alleged racial bias - CalMatters

https://calmatters.org/justice/2024/06/california-death-penalty-bias/
movielover
No expert here, but I don't think it's wise to plug a structural deficit w one-time funds. And to lose control of such a prime site.

BTW, the black-owned sports group leading the effort may be involved in two lawsuits. One alleges a key player set up a new entity to cut out major owners. I don't think the NFL will bring back a team for Oakland when they failed over decades to secure the Raiders, and with the city in shambles.

https://therealdeal.com/sanfrancisco/2023/10/20/members-sue-black-led-group-behind-oakland-coliseum-revamp/

I like Oakland, but it seems to be in a death spiral. You can't keep businesses there with out-of-control crime. Restaurants and hotels closing. Colleagues visited recently, and I don't think they'll stay in Oakland again.

I'd clean up JLS and Lake Merritt shopping areas, and try to figure out a collaborative way to remove 15,000 abandoned / stripped cars. But that also entails reducing the inflow (thefts), yet OPD is understaffed. Law and order is a basic need to right the mothership.

Grand Lake Kitchen a good spot for eats.
bear2034

Did Sheng Thao learn how to do all this while she was at Cal?

1. It has been proven that Sheng filed paperwork to run for Mayor after the filing deadline.

2. The Oakland City Clerk reportedly back-dated the time stamps on Sheng Thao's filing paperwork to give it the appearance that it was filed on time.

3. The City reportedly illegally deleted all video evidence from inside and outside City Hall on the day that Sheng filed.

4. Prior to the November 2022 election date, the City of Oakland Ethics Commission received a complaint regarding the late filing, but reportedly failed to respond nor take any action.

5. One week prior to the election date, Andy Duong (now under FBI investigation along with Thao) attended a Sheng Thao campaign event and illegally conspired with Mario Juarez by paying Mario a total of $70,000 to create a racist negative campaign ad against her opponent, Loren Taylor, a Black man. The ad, which darkened Taylor's skin and made his eyes red, contributed to his loss by only 677 votes.

6. During the count of ballots, the County Registrar of Voters (ROV) disqualified over 3,000 Rank Choice Voter ballots that were received from predominately black neighborhoods in Oakland. The ROV refuses to indicate why those ballots were disqualified.
going4roses
Racism ?

How sway how ????
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
bearister
Oakland gas station falls victim to flash mob robbery NBC Bay Area

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/east-bay/oakland-gas-station-falls-victim-to-flash-mob-robbery/3585437/

*It makes you wonder if someday some small business owner goes berserk while one of these is in progress. OPD showed up 9 hours after they got the call.
sonofabear51
Oh my Oakland. I know that gas station well. Haven't been there in several years as family picks us up when we get to Oakland Airport. Had heard it was bad, but.....
Start Slowly and taper off
oski003
bearister said:

Oakland gas station falls victim to flash mob robbery NBC Bay Area

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/east-bay/oakland-gas-station-falls-victim-to-flash-mob-robbery/3585437/

*It makes you wonder if someday some small business owner goes berserk while one of these is in progress. OPD showed up 9 hours after they got the call.

If police take 9 hours to respond to this, nothing is safe and it makes living and owning something there scary.
Big C

Honestly, if the owner or employees had just shot them all, and nobody innocent had gotten hurt, I'd be fine with it.

If I end up having to give up my Progressive membership card because of views like this, so be it.
going4roses
Hmm
Big C

Regarding my above comment, I should say that I am glad there are laws to prohibit things I suggest when I go on a rant.
bear2034

Pray for Oakland.
movielover
More hate crimes against elderly Asians?
Cal88
Oaktown making the rounds on the other side of the Pacific -

bearister

*The extended clips and drum clips make the Glock a mini machine gun. They found a few hundred shell casings at the scene.
going4roses
Hispanics / South Pacific Asians and Arabs taking on white Amerikkkan pathology is the problem you see here … Intended/unintended consequences of policy decisions + gentrification.

Police (slave catchers) don't know how to police non Black bodies. And most of the cops are them primarily so unlike black cops trying to please their white co workers and supervisors. They don't give a F. The police can't stop policy/poverty they can't fix it either

This was easily avoidable…
going4roses
It says "again" but it is a transplant hmm …
Chapman_is_Gone
going4roses said:

Hispanics / South Pacific Asians and Arabs taking on white Amerikkkan pathology is the problem you see here … Intended/unintended consequences of policy decisions + gentrification.

Police (slave catchers) don't know how to police non Black bodies. And most of the cops are them primarily so unlike black cops trying to please their white co workers and supervisors. They don't give a F. The police can't stop policy/poverty they can't fix it either

Quit spewing your racist bull*****
going4roses
Chapman_is_Gone said:

going4roses said:

What is Racism?
Who has the privilege/audacity/the depths of evil from within ?
What did I say was racist ?
How what I said could be racist ?

oski003
going4roses said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

going4roses said:

What is Racism?
Who has the privilege/audacity/the depths of evil from within ?
What did I say was racist ?
How what I said could be racist ?

Why do police not know how to police non Black bodies?
Eastern Oregon Bear
Chapman_is_Gone said:

going4roses said:

Sheesh! Another irony meter shattered. I've got bits of it all over the room.

Once again Chapman exposes himself as a loser that spends countless hours in OT when he could be exploring the vagina of his imaginary wife. Or pursuing his fantasy of Willie Brown and Kamala Harris.
Chapman_is_Gone
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

going4roses said:

Once again Chapman expose himself as a loser that spends countless hours in OT when he could be exploring the vagina of his imaginary wife. Or pursuing his fantasy of Willie Brown and Kamala Harris.

I'm able to do multiple things at once. In fact, right now, I'm not wearing pants.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Chapman_is_Gone said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

going4roses said:

Once again Chapman expose himself as a loser that spends countless hours in OT when he could be exploring the vagina of his imaginary wife. Or pursuing his fantasy of Willie Brown and Kamala Harris.

I'm able to do multiple things at once. In fact, right now, I'm not wearing pants.
I suspect that's not too unusual for incels.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.