Official Biden / Harris Administration Thread

59,212 Views | 898 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by bear2034
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bear2034 said:

calbear93 said:

A true fiscal conservative, unlike Biden or Trump, would be like the first Bush and Clinton, who increased personal income tax and cut spending. Even Obama was more a fiscal conservative than Trump. The Republican party has lost its way.

Would you approve of shutting down parts of the government to curb spending?

We should eliminate the Department of DEIB tomorrow! If the Secretary of DEIB is out of a job, I don't care!

What I propose instead is having a second Vice President, with that being her focus. Vice President, DEIBQ. Who says we can only have one Vice President? Some corporations have hundreds of them!
bear2034
I second that. I was second vice president in the 6th grade. I forgot who the VP was but the president was a girl named Karen.
dajo9
calbear93 said:

bear2034 said:

calbear93 said:

Cal88 said:

Big C said:

What's killing the working class is this new, mandatory "Drag Queen Story Hour" in all our Kindergarten classes I keep hearing about. The political party that addresses this will get the working class vote, for sure!

Also, this Critical Race Theory stuff that dominates the entire middle and high school curriculum...

There is a definite element of truth here, in that the working class is more socially conservative than the affluent liberal coastals who have taken over the Democratic Party and have pushed it further left on the social/ideological scale and further right on the neoliberal economic scale, a move which has alienated the former Democrat base. That's also true of some minorities who are also more socially conservative.
The ethnic groups with the highest percentage of their members affiliated with Protestant faith and Catholicism are Black and Hispanic at over 70%. And most immigrants still cling to the American dream, even more so that Whites. If the Republicans ever got off the stupid Trump train and focused on hope, economy, expanding LEGAL immigration and family values instead of stolen election and grievances, they would be so much more powerful. But their cowardice allowed the Trump populism to take hold that it has become a purity test on the right.

The Deep State and Democrats got on the stupid Orange Man Bad Train to focus on impeaching Trump over the Russia Collusion hoax and the J6 FBI entrapment hoax and could care less about the economy, legal immigration and family values. They couldn't win based whatever they were secretly promoting with Joe Biden. It ended up being hyperinflation, an invasion of our southern border, and more endless wars. So they stole the election and created J6 to divert attention away from the crime of the century.
As a conservative, I am obviously more inclined to side with less regulation, less corporate taxes, encouraging family values, and legal immigration. I think Don McGahn was the one person in the Trump White House that I strongly supported. He led the drive on justice appointments with a focus on those with true conservative values (unlike Trump) like checking the almost unconstitutional power creep that kept growing the Chevron doctrine for unelected agencies where the laws were changing with every administration, with key law making activities removed from the elected legislative body. Congress will actually have to do their job on making laws instead of deferring to agencies controlled by the executive branch.

A true fiscal conservative, unlike Biden or Trump, would be like the first Bush and Clinton, who increased personal income tax and cut spending. Even Obama was more a fiscal conservative than Trump. The Republican party has lost its way.

When calbear93 says Bill Clinton cut spending he is talking about percentage of GDP. Over his Presidency that spending went from 20.4% to 17.7%. But spending in dollars went up about 25% from $1.5 trillion to $1.9 trillion. Tax receipts went up about 50%. Clinton's liberal tax the rich and spend policies worked to boost GDP. It was very successful so calbear93 calls him a fiscal conservative. He wasn't.

By year 3 Clinton cut spending as percent of GDP by less than 1%. By year 3, Biden cut spending as percent of GDP by over 5%. In dollars Clinton year 3 spending was up $100 billion. For Biden it is down $1 trillion.

Bill Clinton and Joe Biden are both liberal Democrats. They both delivered great economic results.
American Vermin
calbear93
movielover said:

Haven't you noticed that the Democrat party abandoned the middle class long ago?

What is funny is watching mindless tribalist engaging in fear mongering that Trump will violate the constitution when convenient and refer to the constitution as to why Trump should not be on the ballot and then complain how the constitution is worthless and should be ignored when the constitution doesn't fit their virtue signaling narrative. Tribalist deserving of dismissal.
calbear93
Someone not very smart has a hard time understanding the concept of balancing the budget and thinks fiscal responsibility means always cutting expenses in absolute dollars irrespective of revenue. Clinton agreed to a budget that had previously tracked spending at about 20% GDP to below 18%, cut welfare, taxes for small businesses but increased personal income tax rate. He reduced our debt and had a surplus in our budget. No, he was not a fiscal conservative.
Lets Go Brandon
calbear93 said:

movielover said:

Haven't you noticed that the Democrat party abandoned the middle class long ago?
What is funny is watching mindless tribalist engaging in fear mongering that Trump will violate the constitution when convenient and refer to the constitution as to why Trump should not be on the ballot and then complain how the constitution is worthless and should be ignored when the constitution doesn't fit their virtue signaling narrative. Tribalist deserving of dismissal.

movielover
calbear93 said:

Someone not very smart has a hard time understanding the concept of balancing the budget and thinks fiscal responsibility means always cutting expenses in absolute dollars irrespective of revenue. Clinton agreed to a budget that had previously tracked spending at about 20% GDP to below 18%, cut welfare, taxes for small businesses but increased personal income tax rate. He reduced our debt and had a surplus in our budget. No, he was not a fiscal conservative.

Well, his VP created the Internet, which lead to tons of economic activity. And with Perot in the wings, he had to make a little effort at cutting spending.

Our interest payments on the f may / will explode.
dajo9
calbear93 said:

movielover said:

No doubt when the Constitution is unclear (which is frequent) or unjust (Electoral College) I will side with the American people. I also interpret the Constitution to mean what it says. Like the 14th amendment. And the 9th Amendment. Also, the Constitution is old and outdated and should be replaced. Others will just always pretend the Constitution says what they want and call themselves faithful adherents

My apologies to all those who can't handle this much nuance.
American Vermin
calbear93
dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

movielover said:

No doubt when the Constitution is unclear (which is frequent) or unjust (Electoral College) I will side with the American people. I also interpret the Constitution to mean what it says. Like the 14th amendment. And the 9th Amendment. Also, the Constitution is old and outdated and should be replaced. Others will just always pretend the Constitution says what they want and call themselves faithful adherents

My apologies to all those who can't handle this much nuance.

You seem like a real constitutional scholar, with your expertise only rivaled by your economic expertise.
movielover
Is his / her analysis after one bowl, or two?
movielover
Trending Politics: "British journalist Piers Morgan, during his appearance on Fox News' 'The Five', has made a bold prediction about the 2024 presidential election, stating that Donald Trump is likely to decisively defeat incumbent Joe Biden.

Morgan described the Democratic party's situation as perilous. "They all know… two-thirds of Democrats think he's too old. Two-thirds of his own party think he's too old to run again," Morgan said. He expressed his skepticism about Biden's decision to run for re-election, calling him a "dead man walking." "
Eastern Oregon Bear
movielover said:

Trending Politics: "British journalist Piers Morgan, during his appearance on Fox News' 'The Five', has made a bold prediction about the 2024 presidential election, stating that Donald Trump is likely to decisively defeat incumbent Joe Biden.

Morgan described the Democratic party's situation as perilous. "They all know… two-thirds of Democrats think he's too old. Two-thirds of his own party think he's too old to run again," Morgan said. He expressed his skepticism about Biden's decision to run for re-election, calling him a "dead man walking." "
Yeah, we've gotta vote for that young whippersnapper, Donald Trump.
Lets Go Brandon

TheFiatLux
movielover said:

It's not that he's too old, there's no credible way to excuse his senility. Unless of course shaking hands with invisible people is normal.

dajo9
Traitor Trump doesn't know Nikki Haley from Nancy Pelosi
https://www.threads.net/@deanobeidallah/post/C2UnFFGrmgs/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
American Vermin
oski003
dajo9 said:

Trump doesn't know Nikki Haley from Nancy Pelosi
https://www.threads.net/@deanobeidallah/post/C2UnFFGrmgs/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Before the rooster crows, you will post this on BI a third time
dajo9
Wherever your sides repetitive propaganda demands it.
https://www.threads.net/@vincedmonroy/post/C2WZdU0O0R_/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
American Vermin
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
TheFiatLux
What's worse, trying to shake hands with invisible people. or looking for someone who died a couple of weeks ago, whose funeral you attended?

Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

The bigger problem isn't that Trump confused Haley and Pelosi. He's an idiot and regularly makes even dumber comments.

The real problem is that everything about this is a lie. Pelosi wasn't in charge of security and was not the reason the Trump administration prevented the national guard from deploying. Pelosi didn't activate a bunch of MAGAts for an insurrection. Pelosi didn't try to get Mike Pence hanged and she didn't try yo prevent the peaceful transfer of power.

This is all part of a Russia like firehose of falsehoods. Trumpers claim that it was a peaceful Super Bowl party and that Pelosi could have stopped the violence. It makes no sense but to the sort of people who are receptive to this, nothing matters.

So they will continue to hold dissonant beliefs and make idiotic claims. Rinse and repeat.
dajo9
Traitor Trump thinking he ran for President against Obama
https://www.threads.net/@vincedmonroy/post/CxQodiRx2Uj/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
American Vermin
movielover
Alex Soros Tweets a bullet hole and 47. Progressives love violence.

bear2034
The election was stolen.
J6 was a fed setup.
The current person in charge has dementia and is a puppet for the regime.
The regime is in the process of trying to imprison their main political rival.
All this to allow illegal aliens to invade the country and to fund endless wars in the name of democracy and ending system racism and climate change?

What do Democrats really believe in?

movielover
I think it's about power, 100% control, while the GOP class is after $$$. In the end, they join together as tools for the Globalist WEF Wall Street types. Most have skeletons in their closets used for leverage, others are barely millionaire paupers (see Nikki Haley) trying to join the McConnell-Pelosi gravy train.

President Trump suggesting NATO had outlived its usefulness, and starting to reset decades-long trade deals impacts Trillions of Dollars of trade and wealth. His asking the EU to pony up, and his desire to reworks our unfavorable trade deals would massively impact the EU. Ironically, Biden / Sullivan blowing up Nordstream 2 likely was even more negatively impactful.
bear2034
They blew up an undersea pipeline and purposely caused one of the greatest man-made environmental disasters in history.
Big C
bear2034 said:

The election was stolen.
J6 was a fed setup.
All this to allow illegal aliens to invade the country and to fund endless wars in the name of democracy and ending system racism and climate change?

If I might speak for my Party, we believe you're full of it (as far as this is concerned).

Other issues, we can discuss.
movielover
bear2034 said:

The election was stolen.
J6 was a fed setup.

Well, they believe in 10 Million new undocumented Democrats streaming into our country.
bear2034
Party over country, I suppose. But why do they hate America?
movielover
Ten, 15 years ago the Heritage Foundation (?) said the average illegal immigrant costs us $400,000?
bear2034
Big C said:

bear2034 said:

The election was stolen.
J6 was a fed setup.

If I might speak for my Party, we believe you're full of it (as far as this is concerned).

Other issues, we can discuss.

Biden and his friends did a pretty good job in blowing up Putin's pipeline. Why aren't they taking any credit for it?
movielover
What do we do for Germany for payback, or is it down low money to the elites?
AunBear89
Got a room, you lovebirds.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
movielover
It's NorCal, anything is possible.
AunBear89
Wow. You really are a moron. NorCal has nothing to do with it. Closeted goose stepping morons fall in love with each other all over the world.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
dajo9
Sensing a fair amount of panic on these boards lately
American Vermin

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.