Official Biden / Harris Administration Thread

53,381 Views | 822 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by bear2034
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Starting a thread to cover the goings on of the Biden / Harris presidential administration.

If Trump and the Republicans are successful quashing the will of the people and preventing democratic votes from counting, this will be a short thread and Ivanka Trump will run on a MAGA (THIS TIME IT'S REAL) platform in 2024.

If Biden is impeached and removed from office, I will re-name this thread.
BearForce2
Biden Vows to Hold China Accountable amid Scrutiny of Son's Beijing Ties

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/10/30/biden-vows-to-hold-china-accountable-amid-scrutiny-of-sons-beijing-ties/
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
Does Hunter Biden get a position?

Quote:

Former Vice President Joe Biden referred to his youngest son, Hunter, as the "smartest guy I know" during a campaign event on Wednesday.

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Unit2Sucks
Too early to start speculating on cabinet positions?
okaydo
BearForce2 said:

Does Hunter Biden get a position?

Quote:

Former Vice President Joe Biden referred to his youngest son, Hunter, as the "smartest guy I know" during a campaign event on Wednesday.

I predict we'll see Hunter 2 more times (Biden's victory speech and Inauguration Day, and he'll disappear.
smh
Unit2Sucks said:

how soon we forget: articles of impeachment come from a deep blue House of Representatives.

late update, sorrry..
per BI software thread titles can only be edited for a few minutes
Unit2Sucks
smh said:

Unit2Sucks said:

how soon we forget: articles of impeachment come from the deep blue House.
If all of the wild allegations the conservatives have alleged are provable, I have no doubt democrats would impeach. I mean, we're talking about the biggest scandal in American political history!

Seriously though, if he engaged in the sort of shenanigans that Trump has done, I think he would be impeached and he would deserve it. We need our leaders to be held accountable.
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

Beto O'Rourke is out of a job, in waiting.
But what is his core skill set in a cabinet?

Mayor Pete has tremendous skills, but he has NO experience/connection in Washington AND is a fairly young guy, so not sure where to put him. His intelligence and speaking the issues skills would indicate a very high position, but his youth and inexperience scales him downward.

There are many other websites that have listed their best bets. Go ahead and post them here.
Many of them seem plausible and many seem all over the map.
I imagine there could be a nod to many confidants from the Obama years.
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

smh said:

Unit2Sucks said:

If all of the wild allegations the conservatives have alleged are provable, I have no doubt democrats would impeach. I mean, we're talking about the biggest scandal in American political history!

Seriously though, if he engaged in the sort of shenanigans that Trump has done, I think he would be impeached and he would deserve it. We need our leaders to be held accountable.
Like, WHAT has Biden allegedly done?
Grown old?
Produced a son who does drugs and allows himself to be photographed naked? Or use his last name to make contacts for profit? Sounds like any hollywood or sports agent to me.
Unit2Sucks
concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

smh said:

Unit2Sucks said:

You know what he's done! BIDEN is the most corrupt person in American history and Trump told us he's the most innocent man in history of the US and also the least racist. Think about that - that means every other racist is more racist than Trump.

smh
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

smh said:

Unit2Sucks said:

You know what he's done! BIDEN is the most corrupt person in American history and Trump told us he's the most innocent man in history of the US and also the least racist. Think about that - that means every other racist is more racist than Trump.

Oh, right.
Sorry, I forgot.

blungld
It's a close election and certainly not the referendum on Trumpism that "we" had hoped for and that would be good for the country. I choose to believe that this is not a flaw in the American character, although ultimately it is, but rather a flaw in humans that when pressed with fear will submit to demagogues and resort to highly loyal tribalism that is irrational and self-destructive. Perhaps a few months under Biden will sober many.

My hope is that Biden will learn from Obama and not spend his initial political capital compromising with people who will not compromise. He needs to push hard on election reform, health care, and climate change right out the gate and get a few GOP Senators to work with him as they try and position themselves as the new face of the GOP.

I think that while Mitch will try his obstructionism again, but without Trump there as cover and the country's lost patience given the economic turmoil and pandemic, it won't work. I also think there will be investigations into Trump that sideline, discredit, and silence him and also reveal A LOT of deep deep GOP corruption that may make several GOP players resign or be impeached. The dems may still take the Senate AFTER the election.

If Biden plays it soft and centrist, the Dems are screwed in the midterm. It's time for "elections have consequences" to mean something truly left and reforming, and not the typical Dem wussy move to the middle.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
Big C
concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Mayor Pete has tremendous skills, but he has NO experience/connection in Washington AND is a fairly young guy, so not sure where to put him. His intelligence and speaking the issues skills would indicate a very high position, but his youth and inexperience scales him downward.

There are many other websites that have listed their best bets. Go ahead and post them here.

Yeah, if Mayor Pete is going to continue his rise, he needs a bigger govt. job, which he probably can't get in a state-wide election in Indiana, so Biden appoints him to something at the federal level (especially after he conveniently dropped out when he did).

He served in the Army: Secretary of Defense! (fun to watch some heads explode there)

He's glib, bright and polished enough for Secretary of State (but probably a little young).

VP would be a good training ground for him, but I hear that might be taken already. Just realized he reminds me of France's Macron in a number of ways.
Unit2Sucks
Big C said:

concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Yeah, if Mayor Pete is going to continue his rise, he needs a bigger govt. job, which he probably can't get in a state-wide election in Indiana, so Biden appoints him to something at the federal level (especially after he conveniently dropped out when he did).

He served in the Army: Secretary of Defense! (fun to watch some heads explode there)

He's glib, bright and polished enough for Secretary of State (but probably a little young).

VP would be a good training ground for him, but I hear that might be taken already. Just realized he reminds me of France's Macron in a number of ways.
Pete would be a BOSS as press secretary. Maybe eventually Chief of Staff.
calbear93
Unit2Sucks said:

Big C said:

concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I second his appointment as a press secretary. High comedy whenever he goes on Fox, and one of the few liberals to go on Fox and make sharp arguments instead of pulling a Warren and saying I only do echo chambers.
wifeisafurd
calbear93 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Big C said:

concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I second his appointment as a press secretary. High comedy whenever he goes on Fox, and one of the few liberals to go on Fox and make sharp arguments instead of pulling a Warren and saying I only do echo chambers.
Warren goes no where with Mass having a GOP governor.
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

I thought Press Secretary, too, last week. But that job is likely beneath him and doesn't set him up for future jobs. Which Press Secretary has gone onto any governing job after that? Those people go to TV station gigs. So, he would rock that role, but he would also reject it, knowing the arrows he'd take would tarnish his potential down the road.

I also thought of Chief of Staff. Energetic and smart enough to do that, and do that well. But would Biden hand that to him? Gotta be a strong relationship, I'd think, and they seem too far apart in age and background.
concordtom
Big C said:

No way on Sec of Defense.
Interesting Sec of State!
Macron - yeah, except that Pete isn't going to marry some lady twice his age.

BTW: What on earth is Kamala actually going to do?
smh
concordtom said:

not joy ride on AF One (and so forth) with you know who-den.
Unit2Sucks
concordtom said:

Big C said:

Haven't you heard? According to those in the know (helltopay1), Biden is going to check himself into a nursing home shortly after being sworn in and Harris will be our new president. This has been in the planning stages for quite some time.
smh
Unit2Sucks said:

.. Biden is going to check himself into a nursing home shortly after being sworn in and Harris will be our new president..
works for me
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

concordtom said:

Big C said:

Haven't you heard? According to those in the know (helltopay1), Biden is going to check himself into a nursing home shortly after being sworn in and Harris will be our new president. This has been in the planning stages for quite some time.
I think she'll also have Willie Brown move in with her, or something.
blungld
Unit2Sucks said:

Stage 3 dementia and still able to win an election and govern more effectively than Trump. So what stage was The Donald?

Will be nice to have BarelyAmazing take that month off from BI after losing his bet with me.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
smh
most recent BA footprint timestamped early afternoon..
https://bearinsider.com/account/profile/11155
golden sloth
concordtom said:

Big C said:

I'm curious to see how Andrew Yang gets worked into the fold. If I'm honest, I kind of want to see a Yang / Buttigieg ticket in 2024.
Big C
concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I thought Press Secretary, too, last week. But that job is likely beneath him and doesn't set him up for future jobs. Which Press Secretary has gone onto any governing job after that? Those people go to TV station gigs. So, he would rock that role, but he would also reject it, knowing the arrows he'd take would tarnish his potential down the road.

I also thought of Chief of Staff. Energetic and smart enough to do that, and do that well. But would Biden hand that to him? Gotta be a strong relationship, I'd think, and they seem too far apart in age and background.

I'm not sure he has the DC/WH resume you'd want for a Chief of Staff, but I like that idea of Press Secretary / Chief of Staff Heir Apparent, because I'm sure he's a fast learner. Yeah, though, that PS job doesn't seem "high enough" for him.

Geez, are we jinxing it, having this conversation at this point? Is this like planning an Axe viewing for next spring after the virus is under control?
Kaworu
golden sloth said:

concordtom said:

Big C said:

I'm curious to see how Andrew Yang gets worked into the fold. If I'm honest, I kind of want to see a Yang / Buttigieg ticket in 2024.
Yang needs to run for something else first. Congress, mayor, governor. Show he can govern.

Buttigieg is the future in some folks' eyes, but not mine.
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

concordtom said:

Yeah, my mom is also in the know. She told me that Biden has a speaking problem and so therefore going to fall over of a heart attack after inauguration, making Kamala President.

When I told her that old age mental decline is different from heart function she got mad at me for arguing with her.
concordtom
Kaworu said:

golden sloth said:

concordtom said:

Big C said:

Yang needs to run for something else first. Congress, mayor, governor. Show he can govern.

Not "the future". But he is intelligent and talented. Would be good to put that to use, somewhere, somehow. That's all we are talking about here.
dimitrig
concordtom said:

Kaworu said:

golden sloth said:

concordtom said:

Big C said:

Not "the future". But he is intelligent and talented. Would be good to put that to use, somewhere, somehow. That's all we are talking about here.

If I was him I'd move to a more blue area (in his current state or another one - some areas of Colorado seem to be a good fit for him given his military background) and run for Congress.

The congressional district he is in now might be tough to win.

Yogi56
concordtom said:

Kaworu said:

golden sloth said:

concordtom said:

Big C said:

He's intelligent and completely full of shyt. That works on the BearsWiin's of the world, but not on the rest of America. They'll try to make him their new Hitlery standard bearer, but it won't work.
concordtom
Big C said:

concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I'm not sure he has the DC/WH resume you'd want for a Chief of Staff, but I like that idea of Press Secretary / Chief of Staff Heir Apparent, because I'm sure he's a fast learner. Yeah, though, that PS job doesn't seem "high enough" for him.

Geez, are we jinxing it, having this conversation at this point? Is this like planning an Axe viewing for next spring after the virus is under control?
I don't believe in jinxing. We are merely typing on a chat board. I think it's okay. ;-)

concordtom
Glenn Greenwald said:

concordtom said:

Kaworu said:

golden sloth said:

concordtom said:

Big C said:

He's intelligent and completely full of shyt. That works on the BearsWiin's of the world, but not on the rest of America. They'll try to make him their new Hitlery standard bearer, but it won't work.
Or maybe you are just homophobic?
What is he full of it about?
And did you mean to refer to Hillary or Hitler?
Who is "they"?
concordtom
dimitrig said:

concordtom said:

Kaworu said:

golden sloth said:

concordtom said:

Big C said:

If I was him I'd move to a more blue area (in his current state or another one - some areas of Colorado seem to be a good fit for him given his military background) and run for Congress.

The congressional district he is in now might be tough to win.

In Congress, he'd be a mere vote. At the bottom of the hierarchy which directs who becomes chairman of a committee.
I'd rather see if he can be an administrator. Give him a bureaucracy to run and see how he does. I mean, that's the job of government, right? Can he lead a staff under him well? That requires relationships, organizational order. Or is he just a talking head?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.