Official Biden / Harris Administration Thread

59,301 Views | 898 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by bear2034
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I hope on day one Biden passes an EO to waive all of the Trump admin NDAs. It's ridiculous that Trump forced people to sign them and we deserve transparency.

I don't think that would be legally binding, would it??
These are NDAs signed by the federal government, so Biden can certainly terminate the obligations owed by any staffers forced to sign them. I believe there is an open question as to whether they are binding at all to begin with.

Biden can't do anything about Trump's private NDAs but I'm not talking about those.
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
Oh, great

chazzed
okaydo said:

Oh, great

This administration cares not about others. Power above all else. The "law and order" and "pro-life" party, indeed.
chazzed
It will also be nice when this corporate shill is ousted:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy8vew/bye-bye-ajit-pai-fcc-boss-will-soon-lose-top-spot
okaydo

On the other hand....

concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I hope on day one Biden passes an EO to waive all of the Trump admin NDAs. It's ridiculous that Trump forced people to sign them and we deserve transparency.

I don't think that would be legally binding, would it??
These are NDAs signed by the federal government, so Biden can certainly terminate the obligations owed by any staffers forced to sign them. I believe there is an open question as to whether they are binding at all to begin with.

Biden can't do anything about Trump's private NDAs but I'm not talking about those.

Thx for the clarification. I thought all his NDA's were private party. That's hilarious to think that he had the federal govt be the counter party, making them useless, as you point out!!

LOL !!!!

Thrilling! Hahahaha
smh
> Ronald Klain @RonaldKlain
> Feb 13
> We don't have a #COVID-19 epidemic in the US but we are starting to see a fear epidemic.

but sure as Oski we got one now.
Unit2Sucks
Now that Trump has lost all of 50+ lawsuits trying to overturn legal results and is running out of Wile E. Coyote ways to steal the election, can we get a roll call of people who acknowledge Biden is our new president and Trump lost the election?

Alternatively, if you think Trump won the election please let us know so we can laugh at you.
Unit2Sucks
Thoughts on Biden's proposal for the $1.9T stimulus? I like a lot of what he is asking for but it will be interesting to see how Moscow Mitch (with an assist from Joe Manchin) waters it down.

Here's what's in the American Rescue Plan:

Beefed-up stimulus payments
Enhanced unemployment aid
Rental assistance and eviction moratorium
Help for the hungry
More money for child care and child tax credits
A temporarily increase of tax credits
Subsidies for health insurance premiums
Restoration of emergency paid leave
More assistance for small businesses
Aid for states and schools
Increased support for vaccines and testing
A $15 hourly minimum wage
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
"Strengthening democracy means getting big money out of politics, strengthening voting rights and fighting voter suppression in all its forms.

It means boldly advancing the needs of average people over the plutocrats and oligarchs, of the white working class as well as Black and Latino people. It means embracing the ongoing struggle for racial justice and the struggle of blue-collar workers whose fortunes have been declining for decades."

Biden cannot govern from the center ending Trumpism means radical action
Biden cannot govern from the center ending Trumpism means radical action

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/16/joe-biden-govern-center-inauguration-trump-robert-reich?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
bearister
George H. W. Bush Inauguration Day letter to Bill Clinton:

tRump Inauguration Day letter to Joe Biden:

BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
AunBear89
He's not at all a biased source with an axe to grind on his way out the door.

Just another crybaby Righteous Righty.
BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Yogi956
AunBear89

Angry old man attends inauguration wearing disposable mask.
Unit2Sucks
Been 4 years of keystone cops, but we finally have a functional adult in the white house again.

On day one, Biden signed a bunch of EOs undoing some of Trump's treachery and addressing a number of challenges we face including COVID.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-inauguration-day-one-d6637de1ce993d272108337c1030b79d

Quote:

President-elect Joe Biden's and Dr. Jill Biden arrive his inauguration at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2021. (Chang W. Lee/The New York Times via AP, Pool)

[url=https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-inauguration-day-one-d6637de1ce993d272108337c1030b79d/gallery/542a62f7b7e34d3dbb6d6c68373a9902][/url]WASHINGTON (AP) President Joe Biden will move swiftly to dismantle Donald Trump's legacy on his first day in office, signing a series of executive actions that reverse course on immigration, climate change, racial equity and the handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

The new president planned to sign the orders just hours after taking the oath of office at the Capitol, pivoting quickly from his pared-down inauguration ceremony to enacting his agenda. With the stroke of a pen, Biden intends to halt construction on Trump's U.S.-Mexico border wall, end the ban on travel from some Muslim-majority countries, rejoin the Paris Climate Accord and the World Health Organization and revoke the approval of the Keystone XL oil pipeline, aides said.

The 15 executive actions amount to an attempt to rewind the last four years of federal policies with striking speed. Only two recent presidents signed executive actions on their first day in office and each signed just one. But Biden, facing the debilitating coronavirus pandemic, a damaged economy and a riven electorate, is intent on demonstrating a sense of urgency and competence that he argues has been missing under his Republican predecessor.

"We'll press forward with speed and urgency, for we have much to do in this winter of peril and significant possibilities much to repair, much to restore, much to heal, much to build and much to gain," Biden, a Democrat, said in his inaugural address.

bearister
B.A. Bearacus
Our new DNI, Avril Haynes:

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/30/939722113/the-winding-journey-of-avril-haines-bidens-pick-to-lead-u-s-intelligence

B.A. Bearacus
I no longer live in constant fear of having our Press Secretary talent get poached by North Korea.

BearForce2
chazzed
The removal of unqualified evil bidders continues:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/01/biden-michael-pack-kathleen-kraninger-peter-robb.html?scrolla=5eb6d68b7fedc32c19ef33b4
Big C
BearForce2 said:

Reagan could really deliver a line and persuade people. Unfortunately, he sold the idea that the only way to deal with a government that seemed bloated and inefficient was to dismantle it, rather than putting in the hard work to improve it. Streamline it, sure. Blow it up, probably not.

The purpose of government is to make people's lives better. If it is not doing the job, fix it.
BearForce2
Big C said:

BearForce2 said:

Reagan could really turn a phrase and persuade people. Unfortunately, he sold the idea that the only way to deal with a government that seemed bloated and inefficient was to dismantle it, rather than putting in the hard work to improve it. Streamline it, sure. Blow it up, probably not.

The purpose of government is to make people's lives better. If it is not doing the job, fix it.

Where do you get this idea that the purpose of government is to improve people's lives?
Eastern Oregon Bear
Big C said:

BearForce2 said:

Reagan could really turn a phrase and persuade people. Unfortunately, he sold the idea that the only way to deal with a government that seemed bloated and inefficient was to dismantle it, rather than putting in the hard work to improve it. Streamline it, sure. Blow it up, probably not.

Of course when hurricanes and tornadoes destroyed town and neighborhoods, government help wasn't so terrifying after all.
AunBear89
Reagan couldn't turn a phrase if his life depended on it. He COULD hit his mark, read his lines, smile at the camera, and then walk off set as the director yelled "Cut! That's a wrap!"

Assigning any agency or authority to him for any of his administration's actions is just silly.
sycasey
Big C said:

BearForce2 said:

I'm too young to have ever voted for Reagan, but when I hear that line I wonder why people don't think it's fishy that a guy who says that is also asking to be put in charge of the government.
AunBear89
He said it because it was his next line. He had no clue what it meant. It was just another line in another movie. Like this...
bearister

When the Fox News reporters in the correspondent pool try to engage in a battle of wits with her, they will find themselves woefully unarmed....but once Hannity's and Bow Tie Boy's editors finish manipulating the video, it will look like a Fox News' Gotcha! every night on their respective shows.

The Fox troops have to accept the reality that trying to exact payback by asking questions of Team Biden so that they look as dishonest, idiotic and incompetent as tRump and his F Troop, just isn't going to happen. That horrifying, surreal situation was hopefully a one and done in the history of our Republic.
hanky1
concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

concordtom said:

Kaworu said:

golden sloth said:

concordtom said:

Big C said:

Yeah, if Mayor Pete is going to continue his rise, he needs a bigger govt. job, which he probably can't get in a state-wide election in Indiana, so Biden appoints him to something at the federal level (especially after he conveniently dropped out when he did).

He served in the Army: Secretary of Defense! (fun to watch some heads explode there)

He's glib, bright and polished enough for Secretary of State (but probably a little young).

VP would be a good training ground for him, but I hear that might be taken already. Just realized he reminds me of France's Macron in a number of ways.
No way on Sec of Defense.
Interesting Sec of State!
Macron - yeah, except that Pete isn't going to marry some lady twice his age.

BTW: What on earth is Kamala actually going to do?

I'm curious to see how Andrew Yang gets worked into the fold. If I'm honest, I kind of want to see a Yang / Buttigieg ticket in 2024.
Yang needs to run for something else first. Congress, mayor, governor. Show he can govern.

Buttigieg is the future in some folks' eyes, but not mine.
Not "the future". But he is intelligent and talented. Would be good to put that to use, somewhere, somehow. That's all we are talking about here.

If I was him I'd move to a more blue area (in his current state or another one - some areas of Colorado seem to be a good fit for him given his military background) and run for Congress.

The congressional district he is in now might be tough to win.

In Congress, he'd be a mere vote. At the bottom of the hierarchy which directs who becomes chairman of a committee.
I'd rather see if he can be an administrator. Give him a bureaucracy to run and see how he does. I mean, that's the job of government, right? Can he lead a staff under him well? That requires relationships, organizational order. Or is he just a talking head?

This plays into the narrative that Democrats are snooty academics who rule the common people from their ivory towers.
BearForce2

New artwork is up at the White House.
BearForce2

No mask?

"We have bigger issues to worry about." Imagine if Kayleigh McEnany said that.
BearForce2

Speaking of Kayleigh.....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.