The Non-Yogi Israel-Palestine war thread

189,430 Views | 2533 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by tequila4kapp
Lets Go Brandon 19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearGoggles said:

Cal88 said:

BearGoggles said:

Cal88 said:

Call it a "fringe belief", but this type of wanton massacre doesn't pass my "extreme purity test":

The vast majority of the deaths were caused when the Palestinians trampled each other trying to get the food before Hamas stole it. The IDF did not fire on the crowd - if they had the video would show people running away (not toward the food).

There was a SEPERATE incident where 10 Palestinians approached a military checkpoint and were shot. But of course Hamas lies and people like you repeat it because you have no regard for the truth.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/dozens-of-gazans-said-killed-in-stampede-for-aid-idf-opens-fire-blamed-for-deaths/

Yes the 100+ Gazans died because they trampled each other, and the tank shells and machine gun fire aimed at them in that process was completely inconsequential.
There are now multiple videos on the internet. Not a single one shows Israel firing on Gazans. All of the videos show the Gazans running toward the food trucks (not away from bullets). The videos show Gazans being run over by the aid trucks.

If I'm mistaken, feel free to post the video of Israeli's firing at the food convoy.

Questions for you:

1.Why are the Gazans trying to grab food off the trucks before they reach the Hamas controlled areas?
2. Is there a reason the overall population would not trust Hamas to share the food?
3. Why hasn't Hamas released the hostages - or agreed to do so - which would produce a cease fire?
4. Why hasn't Hamas surrendered to end the suffering?
5. Why does Hamas spend all of its resources building tunnels and buying weapons, rather than feeding its own people?
6. It is fine that your suspicious of the Israeli/IDF narrative. Why aren't you equally suspicious of Hamas' claims - particularly when there is a proven track record of Hamas mischaracterizing events (e.g., The wildly exaggerated claims of death when a hospital was "bombed" which proved to be Palestinian groups bombing their own hospital).

Chapman_is_Gone

Go Israel !!! You have the full support of civilized people everywhere...
bearister
UC Berkeley School of Law makes the British tabs!

UC Berkeley students accuse Jewish dean of funding 'genocide' in Gaza

https://mol.im/a/13297643
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
sycasey
bearister said:

1. If I were in the place of the dean and his wife I would have just let this student make her speech and then moved on with the evening. Trying to physically stop her creates more trouble than it solves.

2. LOL at these law students thinking that being forced to stop an unprompted speech at a private residence constitutes a violation of their First Amendment rights. No.
Cal88
On point #2, that might depend on whether the gathering being held at her private residence is a school function officially sanctioned by the law school.
Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

bearister said:

1. If I were in the place of the dean and his wife I would have just let this student make her speech and then moved on with the evening. Trying to physically stop her creates more trouble than it solves.

2. LOL at these law students thinking that being forced to stop an unprompted speech at a private residence constitutes a violation of their First Amendment rights.
First amendment doesn't override criminal trespass. Lawyers are taught to make claims so I'm not surprised they would claim 1A even if it's not applicable. This is a political movement and they are seeking publicity - which is why they pulled this stunt in the first place.

Too bad they didn't protest Hamas's murdering, raping and torturing civilians, including hundreds of hostages, many of whom they still hold. Nor are they protesting Hamas' other breaches of the Geneva convention, including using human shields, failure to identify themselves, etc.

Israel didn't initiate this military-like conflict and UC Berkeley isn't responsible for Hamas's terrorism. which is the only reason Israel was forced to defend itself.
Cal88
CaliforniaEternal
These are the products of the Palestinian education system. They've been taught to hate Jews, and they take that hatred with them anywhere they go.
Lets Go Brandon 19
CaliforniaEternal said:

These are the products of the Palestinian education system. They've been taught to hate Jews, and they take that hatred with them anywhere they go.

Cal88
CaliforniaEternal said:

They're not "taught to hate Jews", their parents and grandparents and themselves have been dispossessed of their land and villages for 3 generations now, they've been subjected to one of the most brutal apartheid regimes in modern history. The only Jews most Palestinians see are soldiers and psychopathic settlers who steal their homes and brutalize their families on a daily basis for the last half century. In that time period, Israel has arrested detained, tortured and raped thousands of women and children.

These are the kids who have been taught to hate:

Israeli girls sending special greetings for people on the receiving end of these bombs:

These little girls grow up to become IDF sociopaths and are sent to terrorize Palestinians in the West Bank. They can arrest, shoot and kill locals arbitrarily.

Israeli young woman boasts about having killed 2 Palestinians during her military service, and wishes she could kill more:

Israeli soldier in Gaza boasting about having personally killed a 12 year old girl and about the mass murder of babies in Gaza:

Israeli psychologist on the indoctrination of Israeli children into killers:

https://twitter.com/i/birdwatch/t/1740203751028441470

This is the kind of moral upbringing that Israelis are getting, this man is the top military chaplain in the IDF:

bearister
The Persian drones are airborne.

Iran launches dozens of drones toward Israel - The Jerusalem Post

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-796838

*They won't arrive for hours. Must be a fact finding exercise on our defensive weaponry.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Palestinian Chicken
CaliforniaEternal said:

Eastern Oregon Bear
Funny how years of propaganda have brainwashed the Israeli people into genocidal psychopaths but years of exposure to right wing media have created millions of GOP independent thinkers.

Oh, before you all attack me as an Israeli apologist, I do not approve of what Israel is doing in Gaza. Far from it. I'm appalled by the overkill of their actions.
Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

The Persian drones are airborne.

Iran launches dozens of drones toward Israel - The Jerusalem Post

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-796838

*They won't arrive for hours. Must be a fact finding exercise on our defensive weaponry.
Looks like Iran wanted to save face by conducting a relatively easily defeated "strike" that will in effect de-escalate the situation.

We saw something similar when they struck US facilities in Iraq under Trump (under almost identical circumstances following Trump's killing of an IRGC general) and Trump didn't respond. Sorry, to be fair he responded by lying and saying no US forces were hurt even though there were numerous TBIs.

If Iran actually wanted to damage Israel or start a full war, they wouldn't have provided a week's warning and then launched a pretty easily defeated attack like this.

Of course disingenuous people want to spin this as some sort of defeat for Biden, but it's looking like the opposite at this moment. Iran was very careful not to attack US forces this time and clearly isn't looking to provoke a war with the US under Biden. That could change, of course, but for now that's what it looks like. I suspect we won't see US officials calling this what it is because that would defeat Iran's purpose and could lead to even more hostilities. Look for more disingenuous claims by GOPers and radicalized leftists claiming otherwise.
movielover
Unless they purposefully sent drones and slow missiles to out Israeli defense positions to later target with hypersonic missiles.

Cal88
Iran reportedly landing several ballistic missile hits on an Israeli air force base in the Negev Desert:

>>>The air force base targeted by Iran was apparently the one Israel used to conduct its bombing of the Iranian embassy in Damascus, Syria.
Unit2Sucks
As I suspected above, looks like Iran was just trying to save face. After days of breathless media (and shills) claiming we were on the verge of WWIII, it appears that there was no there there. It will be interesting to see how this is spun by Putin/Trump/minions to make this look bad for Biden when it really is just a testament to our soft power and Biden's steady hand.

Eastern Oregon Bear
Unit2Sucks said:

As I suspected above, looks like Iran was just trying to save face. After days of breathless media (and shills) claiming we were on the verge of WWIII, it appears that there was no there there. It will be interesting to see how this is spun by Putin/Trump/minions to make this look bad for Biden when it really is just a testament to our soft power and Biden's steady hand.

Also, it was a gesture Iran could make without spending much money or losing any of their troops.
dajo9
Makes you wonder why the Saudis are paying Jared Kushner $20M every year. What are they getting for that?
oski003
dajo9 said:

Makes you wonder why the Saudis are paying Jared Kushner $20M every year. What are they getting for that?

As Kushner's Investment Firm Steps Out, the Potential Conflicts Are Growing

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/09/us/politics/jared-kushner-affinity-partners.html
Cal88
Good analysis here, this pundit believes that Israel is being restrained by the Biden administration, which is a good thing:

Unit2Sucks
Despite calls from prominent GOPers to escalate, Biden's showing his steady competence.

Meanwhile, TFG is threatening Iran. When Iran actually attacked the US, Trump lied about it.

dajo9
Traitor Trump is the epitome of all bark, no bite. When Iran retaliated against us he stood down, which was the right move. Now he is criticizing President Biden for deescalating. Traitor Trump is the biggest loser on the planet.
Cal88
dajo9 said:

Traitor Trump is the epitome of all bark, no bite. When Iran retaliated against us he stood down, which was the right move. Now he is criticizing President Biden for deescalating. Traitor Trump is the biggest loser on the planet.

They're both losers when it comes to Israel, Biden should not have allowed Israel to carpet bomb Gaza and bomb the Iranian embassy in Syria. Israel is a rogue state acting completely outside international norms, they have been enabled by Biden.
Unit2Sucks
dajo9 said:

Yes and terminally online leftists who now support Trump are pretending like Biden is leading us to WW3 when he's one of the few voices of reason that matter.

movielover
Not so fast.

Jerusalem Post: IDF jets strike in the Beqaa Valley deep in Lebanon

Israeli air force jets struck a Hezbollah weapon manufacturing site in the area of Nabi Chit, in the Beqaa valley, deep in Lebanon, the military confirmed on Sunday.

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-796918

Iran telegraphing a punch days in advance, and then sending them from 1,000 miles away ... great timing for Zelen$ky & MIC.
Cal88
Israel wants to push the US into a direct war with Iran. The Biden administration doesn't want this, if only because they would lose the elections badly because of the economic fallouts of $200-$300 oil.

This is a good take:
Big C
dajo9 said:

If the Saudis would pay Cal's NIL collective $20M every year, we could show them some serious results!

(doubt i would want that $$$ though)
CaliforniaEternal
They should let Iranian missiles and drones blow up the dome of the rock so all the Muslims see what great jihadists the ayatollahs are.
Palestinian Chicken
Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

My analysis is that the scale of Iran's attack, the diversity of locations it targeted, and weapons it used, forced Israel to uncover the majority of anti-missile technologies the US and it have across the region. The Iranians did not use any weapons Israel didn't know it had, it just used a lot of them. But the Iranians likely now have almost a full map of what Israel's missile defence system looks like, as well as where in Jordan and the Gulf the US has installations. It also knows how long it takes to prepare them, how Israeli society responds…etc

movielover

[The above tweet ends in 666, FYI. What are the odds?]

Big C

This may be just me, but I'm kind of sick of Iran. I guess it would be considered bad form if we were to completely annihilate another country, but does that even count for Iran? Seems like they're always on the other side from us, trying to do something to jam us up. And then there are those funky Ayatollah dudes, dressing like weirdos and seemingly having zero sense of humor whatsoever.

Can any of you Iran fans out there explain to me why this country deserves to exist?
movielover
Because Iranian people seem solid, just whacky 12th century Mullahs running the place.

President Trump had a simpler approach: starve them of monies. Biden / Obama / Jarrett reversed that, handing them access to tens of Billions to fund terrorism.
Palestinian Chicken
Big C said:

This may be just me, but I'm kind of sick of Iran. I guess it would be considered bad form if we were to completely annihilate another country, but does that even count for Iran? Seems like they're always on the other side from us, trying to do something to jam us up. And then there are those funky Ayatollah dudes, dressing like weirdos and seemingly having zero sense of humor whatsoever.

Can any of you Iran fans out there explain to me why this country deserves to exist?

movielover

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.