Coronavirus vs Trump

237,024 Views | 2120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Excerpts of a Q&A with the most trusted person in America that occasionally touches on the least trusted person in America:

Q: What about the travel restrictions? President Trump keeps saying that the travel ban for China, which began 2 February, had a big impact [on slowing the spread of the virus to the United States] and that he wishes China would have told us three to four months earlier and that they were "very secretive." [China did not immediately reveal the discovery of a new coronavirus in late December, but by 10 January, Chinese researchers made the sequence of the virus public.] It just doesn't comport with facts.

A: I know, but what do you want me to do? I mean, seriously Jon, let's get real, what do you want me to do?

Q: Most everyone thinks that you're doing a remarkable job, but you're standing there as the representative of truth and facts but things are being said that aren't true and aren't factual.

A: The way it happened is that after he made that statement [suggesting China could have revealed the discovery of a new coronavirus three to four months earlier], I told the appropriate people, it doesn't comport, because two or three months earlier would have been September. The next time they sit down with him and talk about what he's going to say, they will say, by the way, Mr. President, be careful about this and don't say that. But I can't jump in front of the microphone and push him down. OK, he said it. Let's try and get it corrected for the next time.

Q: At Friday's press conference, you put your hands over your face when President Trump referred to the "deep State Department," [a popular conspiracy theory]. It's even become an internet meme. Have you been criticized for what you did?

A: No comment.
bearister
It's morally repulsive how corporations are exploiting this crisis. Workers will suffer

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/22/large-corporations-exploiting-coronavirus-crisis?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dimitrig
okaydo said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-is-donald-trump-as-scary-as-the-coronavirus-because-he-cant-change

Great article but what I want to know is:

Are we really still 45 days from peak?
bearister
golden sloth
bearister said:

So basically he rage-quit a government response because it was too hard to solve, and are now hoping someone in the business world will save them?
okaydo
golden sloth said:

bearister said:

So basically he rage-quit a government response because it was too hard to solve, and are now hoping someone in the business world will save them?

I posted this 10 days ago

https://newrepublic.com/article/156901/dismantled-state-takes-pandemic
FuzzyWuzzy
Thanks for re posting. Thoughtful article. Here i thought new republic was a conservative publication
okaydo
When will Dr. Fauci be fired?

Post your predictions!

Anarchistbear

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETv4vujXkAQIHM2?format=png&name=900x900

Keep the greatest deliberative body in the world in session.
okaydo
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-host-dr-fauci-tv-mouthpieces-whipping-up-fear-this-total-economic-shutdown-will-kill-people/
okaydo

bearister
okaydo said:

Post your predictions!

I have heard from a mole within the Crime Family that Fauci's replacement has already been selected and will be announced later this week at a pressie on the escalator in the tRump Tower lobby:

okaydo

Unit2Sucks
okaydo said:

Post your predictions!

Be careful Okaydo - I was told that I should be ashamed of myself for asking this question a few days ago.
okaydo
Unit2Sucks said:

okaydo said:

Post your predictions!

Be careful Okaydo - I was told that I should be ashamed of myself for asking this question a few days ago.

Honestly, I thought at first he was a Trump lackey. Then I was shocked to learn he had served 6 presidents and was awarded the presidential medal of freedom by Bush II.

And that Bush I brought him up in a debate 32 years ago.

I keep thinking: How the hell is he not fired?

You would think there is no way in hell that he would be fired. But there is so much precedent for something like this happening, chiefly jealousy.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/03/as-the-crisis-escalates-trump-experiments-with-a-pivot

okaydo

okaydo

Unit2Sucks
If anyone thinks that public health is first and foremost guiding this administrations response to COVID-19, I feel really sorry for you.

I was hopeful that Trump could be convinced that improving health outcomes would improve his chances of re-election, but it's looking more and more like he is being convinced otherwise. The only way to get Trump to do the right thing is to convince him it will result in more adulation. Too bad the media can't lead him to the right answer that way.
Yogi17
Unit2Sucks said:

If anyone thinks that public health is first and foremost guiding this administrations response to COVID-19, I feel really sorry for you.
LMK5 does.
blungld
Any criticism of Trump or any attempt to hold the government to high standards or improve our response to this pandemic to save lives are all just LIberal insults of the president...and making sure the Liberals don't get away with being mean or hurting the president's feelings are the most important priority right now.
bearister
I'm pretty sure Pence goes into the virus pressies with an electrical clip on his balls so that he can focus on that pain instead of the pain of listening to an absolute moron deliver a stream of consciousness riff. Is there a way to synthetically induce lockjaw?

okaydo

okaydo

bearister
I wonder where the Florida seniors are fleeing to?
okaydo

bearister

okaydo

okaydo
It's so great how Republicans are so interested in young people now.

bearister
If tRump gets the virus he is a dead man walking. He is a natural 185 pounder (about 6', no muscle and wider in beam than shoulders) so he is about 100 pounds overweight.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
Donald Trump made 33 false claims about the coronavirus crisis in the first two weeks of March - CNNPolitics

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/22/politics/fact-check-trump-coronavirus-false-claims-march/index.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/22/politics/fact-check-trump-coronavirus-false-claims-march/index.html

okaydo

golden sloth
I feel like by the end of the week, we are going to be split into two groups of states each with their own and fundamentally different responses to the pandemic. You will have the large, urban, and more liberal states imposing long term shelter in place orders, and the more rural and conservative states not doing anything.

I think the blue states will have more deaths and infected by virtue of their bigger population and urban nature, while the red states will have more deaths and infected per capita by virtue of denial and not taking action and worse health care access and being in worse general health to start with.

At the end, both sides will say they were right and the other was not just wrong but idiotic, each citing the stats that support their claim while denigrating the other.

It's a shame because this global crisis could have brought us together, but I think it further divides us as a nation.
golden sloth
Trump will finally use the defense production act to create emergency supplies to address the pandemic. Why this didnt happen 6 to 8 weeks ago is beyond me.

https://reut.rs/2xXKShd
sycasey
golden sloth said:

I feel like by the end of the week, we are going to be split into two groups of states each with their own and fundamentally different responses to the pandemic. You will have the large, urban, and more liberal states imposing long term shelter in place orders, and the more rural and conservative states not doing anything.

I think the blue states will have more deaths and infected by virtue of their bigger population and urban nature, while the red states will have more deaths and infected per capita by virtue of denial and not taking action and worse health care access and being in worse general health to start with.

At the end, both sides will say they were right and the other was not just wrong but idiotic, each citing the stats that support their claim while denigrating the other.

It's a shame because this global crisis could have brought us together, but I think it further divides us as a nation.
Though the red states with a lot of urban areas (Texas, Florida) could be in a really bad spot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.