Coronavirus vs Trump

237,031 Views | 2120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearNIt
okaydo said:

Weren't reporters wearing masks months ago? Is Larry a slow learner? So let me get this straight, he is trying to encourage an economic recovery via masks? This sounds absolutely reasonable.
BearChemist
BearNIt said:

okaydo said:

Weren't reporters wearing masks months ago? Is Larry a slow learner? So let me get this straight, he is trying to encourage an economic recovery via masks? This sounds absolutely reasonable.
He even manages to wear it wrong after months. Like leaving his dick out of pants.
Unit2Sucks
Kudlow has been wrong about everything for a long time. Maybe he finally figured out that the pandemic is the problem with our economy and that until we address our economy will suffer. If so, that would put him ahead of many who still think the shutdowns were the problem.
Unit2Sucks
I don't know how Republicans can continue to defend an administration with brazen disregard for anyone who didn't vote for them.

okaydo

calpoly
okaydo said:

If you don't wear a mask and get Covid-19, blame yourself!
chazzed
Unit2Sucks said:

I don't know how Republicans can continue to defend an administration with brazen disregard for anyone who didn't vote for them.

At this point, it's safe to say that the typical Republican places party before country. Yet, somehow, they are the true patriots.
bearister
Does anyone have an estimate of the dollar amount of the tRump Crime Family's financial stake in the hydroxychloroquine market?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Big C
chazzed said:

Unit2Sucks said:

At this point, it's safe to say that the typical Republican places party before country. Yet, somehow, they are the true patriots.

I never understood why Republicans get to own "patriotism", but, if we could get it back, it'd be huge. Maybe when they're forming militias to combat President Biden, we can put on our red, white and blue and tell 'em to "Love it or leave it!"
bearister
B.A. Bearacus
BearNIt
B.A. Bearacus said:

Russia is up to its old tricks. Don't fall for it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51599009

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-07-28/us-officials-tell-ap-russia-spreading-virus-disinformation
bearister
" Specifically, that face mask tells how the world's richest and most scientifically advanced country generated a cadre of leaders and citizens who made wearing a covering over their nose and mouth to prevent the spread of a contagion into a freedom-of-speech issue and cultural marker something no other country in the world did.

There is nothing more demoralizing than this, nothing that set us back in the fight against Covid-19 further and faster. A society that can politicize something as simple as a face mask in a pandemic can politicize anything, can make anything a wedge issue physics, gravity, rainfall, you name it. And a society that politicizes everything will never realize its full potential in good times or prevent the worst in bad times...

... And yet for months our president and vice president, and most Republican governors and their followers, equated resisting mask-wearing with resisting an infringement on personal freedom, rather than the most effective and cheapest thing we could do to limit the spread of the virus and get back to work and our kids back to school.
President Trump's resistance to masks actually had nothing to do with ideology. It was just his primitive opposition to anything that would highlight the true health crisis we were in and that therefore might hurt his re-election."

Opinion | If Our Masks Could Speak - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/28/opinion/coronavirus-masks.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/28/opinion/coronavirus-masks.html?referringSource=articleShare
CampBlueRevue
150,000 deaths is 50 9/11's. More American deaths than in the Korean, Vietnam, Gulf, Afghan, and Iraq Wars combined

Would any other president have done so little in defense of the country and its citizens? Our current president points to banning flights from China and Europe after the virus had already begun spreading in this country. This real life story parallels Poe's Masque of the Red Death where Prince Prospero closes off his kingdom to the rest of the plague ridden world, confident he and his rich friends would be safe. Spoiler alert: it doesn't turn out well.

Would any other president and administration have done so little to prepare for a pandemic once he had been warned of the virus's potential for overwhelming our current preparedness? Micheal Lewis pretty much predicted this recipe for disaster in The Fifth Risk in which he examined this administration's dismantling of government agencies through malign neglect.

Would any other president pat him or herself on the back that only 60,000 Americans would die of this virus (as he predicted several month's ago when he took a premature victory lap). Who would tell the American public that a disease will go away like magic, ignoring all of the input from scientists who have dedicated their lives to understanding viruses like Covid-19? He sounds like a horrifiying new Monty Python character from the Ministry of Wishful Thinking. Unfortunately, the joke is on us, though.
Unit2Sucks
Gohmert is a luminary of the modern Republican party.

bearister
Louie and Herman Cain May end up with the same epitaph:

"He died doing what he loved, trusting tRump"
GoOskie
calpoly said:

okaydo said:

If you don't wear a mask and get Covid-19, blame yourself!
Yep, No sympathy for these clowns. By the way, that idiot Gohmert has tested positive.

Edit: As was duly noted by my esteemed colleagues above.
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
bearister
" You see, the modern U.S. right is committed to the proposition that greed is good, that we're all better off when individuals engage in the untrammeled pursuit of self-interest. In their vision, unrestricted profit maximization by businesses and unregulated consumer choice is the recipe for a good society.

Support for this proposition is, if anything, more emotional than intellectual. I've long been struck by the intensity of right-wing anger against relatively trivial regulations, like bans on phosphates in detergent and efficiency standards for light bulbs. It's the principle of the thing: Many on the right are enraged at any suggestion that their actions should take other people's welfare into account.

This rage is sometimes portrayed as love of freedom. But people who insist on the right to pollute are notably unbothered by, say, federal agents tear-gassing peaceful protesters. What they call "freedom" is actually absence of responsibility." Paul Krugman, NY Times
okaydo

okaydo

okaydo
82gradDLSdad
okaydo said:

Not quite as good as Barney Frank being called Barney *** but still pretty good.
bearister
sycasey
bearister
Column: GOP slips an attack on Social Security into its coronavirus relief bill

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/column-gop-slips-attack-social-215246065.html
okaydo

chazzed
bearister said:

Column: GOP slips an attack on Social Security into its coronavirus relief bill

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/column-gop-slips-attack-social-215246065.html

It wouldn't be the GOP if they didn't try to chip away at the social safety net.
B.A. Bearacus
okaydo
okaydo
smh
> Herman Cain is in this video. He was hospitalized for the virus less than two weeks after attending the Tulsa rally.

'Bones' McCoy: he's dead Jim

muting 301 handles, turnaround is fair play
B.A. Bearacus
Are you listening to T right now? This dude literally does not know how to pronounce plasma. He pronounced it "plozma" a dozen times right there.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/

He might update his pronunciation right now after listening to an educated person say it correctly.

Update: after hearing about 10 other people pronounce it correctly, with some almost seeming to overemphasize the correct pronunciation to help educate the least intelligent president in US history, T then concluded the round table with one last glorious plozma. This kind of shiit would get you laughed out of Best Buy.
bearister
I wonder if the tRump Campaign can produce a Rally COVID 19 Waiver inked by the late Pizza King?
okaydo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.