Coronavirus vs Trump

229,959 Views | 2120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
GBear4Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

I just think Trump is totally unfit to be president and is doing harm that will take decades to undo.
Uh, like what?
GBear4Life
Big C said:

To you lawyers out there, if Barr does this and it seems to directly end up in more deaths, isn't that manslaughter?
LOL the delirium in this thread has just been epic
Yogi04
Just took the leap of faith and introduced Blazing Saddles to the 15 year old yesterday. Smashing success. Somehow, I never had the 26 year old watch it.
bearister
smh said:

bearister > ..alive..

Blazing Saddles (1974) IMDB-ordered top cast list is hit and miss..

Cleavon Little / Bart
Born: June 1, 1939 in Chickasha, Oklahoma, USA
Died: October 22, 1992 (age 53) in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, California, USA

Gene Wilder / Jim
Born: June 11, 1933 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Died: August 29, 2016 (age 83) in Stamford, Connecticut, USA

Slim Pickens / Taggart
Born: June 29, 1919 in Kingsburg, California, USA
Died: December 8, 1983 (age 64) in Modesto, California, USA

Harvey Korman / Hedley Lamarr
Born: February 15, 1927 in Chicago, Illinois, USA
Died: May 29, 2008 (age 81) in UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA

Madeline Kahn Madeline Kahn ... Lili Von Shtupp
Born: September 29, 1942 in Chelsea, Massachusetts, USA
Died: December 3, 1999 (age 57) in New York City, New York, USA

Mel Brooks Mel Brooks ... Governor Lepetomane / Indian Chi
Born: June 28, 1926 in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA
< not dead yet, nope, but can see it from here >

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071230/fullcredits

Was your snub of Robyn Hilton by design?

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dimitrig
GBear4Life said:

I just think Trump is totally unfit to be president and is doing harm that will take decades to undo.
Uh, like what?

How about the trillions he is charging to the corporate credit card? He started it when the economy was GOOD because he needed to pour rocket fuel on the economy by slashing corporate tax rates.
Yogi04
dimitrig said:

GBear4Life said:

Uh, like what?

How about the trillions he is charging to the corporate credit card? He started it when the economy was GOOD because he needed to pour rocket fuel on the economy by slashing corporate tax rates.
How about ever being born?

He was a disaster before he had responsibility for his entire country.
GBear4Life
dimitrig said:

GBear4Life said:

Uh, like what?

I didn't like them either.

I can't speak for you, but I find people are okay with deficits when it suits them, and not okay when it doesn't. The handwringing over deficits from either side is silly. It's the priorities in taxing and spending that people differ. Nobody, it seems, has a principled stand against debt and deficits and deficit spending.
Yogi04
The only time to be principled about deficits is when things are running really well and you're awash in tax revenues. But politicians would never not spend funds available to them.
blungld
GBear4Life said:

Uh, like what?
How about completely recalibrating what is considered leadership and presidential? He has lowered the bar to complete dysfunction in terms of lying; empowering a de facto state propaganda media; internal corruption; corporate and environmental deregulation; hate as a political tool; the dissolution of oversight and balance by Congress and Judicial; the leverage and abuse of language to create alternative truths and loyalist followers who have lost all sense of rights, ideals and the real meaning of things like patriotism and freedom.

It's a partial list, and one you will claim is vague and nonspecific, or virtue signaling, or partisan, or what every president has done though these are very specific problems that are so broad you can not list every specific incidence, are the opposite of virtue and so yes I am signaling there is a problem, are all things that both parties should be aghast at, and have never been done collectively and to this extreme by any president before.

He has reduced international esteem, radically degraded western alliances, screwed the economy, and generally amplified ignorance while denigrating civility and expertise. Yes, it will take many years to undo his damage to policy, diplomacy, and most importantly culture in terms of the nations's self-perception. How we see ourselves and the angst and cynicism he has engendered with regard to government, journalism, citizenship, "doing business," social responsibility and empathy, and even entrepreneurship has been unaccountably caustic. Functioning as a top down mafia org that only rewards loyalists, lackeys, liars, and pay to players has corroded the system and the American experiment. It's sort of a big deal.
chazzed
What a shock. Fox and Trump are quetly trying to drop the malaria drug issue:
https://view.newsletters.cnn.com/messages/15875265502684f1ede02774f/raw
Yogi04
chazzed said:

OK. I said I wouldn't do this anymore but just this once.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Yogi04
blungld said:

He has reduced international esteem, radically degraded western alliances, screwed the economy, and generally amplified ignorance while denigrating civility and expertise. Yes, it will take many years to undo his damage to policy, diplomacy, and most importantly culture in terms of the nations's self-perception. How we see ourselves and the angst and cynicism he has engendered with regard to government, journalism, citizenship, "doing business," social responsibility and empathy, and even entrepreneurship has been unaccountably caustic. Functioning as a top down mafia org that only rewards loyalists, lackeys, liars, and pay to players has corroded the system and the American experiment. It's sort of a big deal.
While I agree with the above:

NSFW
bearister
BearForce2
chazzed said:

You should be used to getting shocked:

Election - fail
Fake rape accusation Kavanaugh - fail
Russia collusion - fail
quid pro quo - fail

Don't be shocked.
GBear4Life
blungld said:

GBear4Life said:

Uh, like what?
How about completely recalibrating what is considered leadership and presidential? He has lowered the bar to complete dysfunction in terms of lying; empowering a de facto state propaganda media; internal corruption; corporate and environmental deregulation; hate as a political tool; the dissolution of oversight and balance by Congress and Judicial; the leverage and abuse of language to create alternative truths and loyalist followers who have lost all sense of rights, ideals and the real meaning of things like patriotism and freedom.

It's a partial list, and one you will claim is vague and nonspecific, or virtue signaling, or partisan, or what every president has done though these are very specific problems that are so broad you can not list every specific incidence, are the opposite of virtue and so yes I am signaling there is a problem, are all things that both parties should be aghast at, and have never been done collectively and to this extreme by any president before.

So nothing tangible, just your feelings and emotions? That's cool.
blungld
GBear4Life said:

blungld said:

So nothing tangible, just your feelings and emotions? That's cool.
Let me highlight things that exist as actual action, policy, or repercussion in the real world; things that are not thoughts and feelings (those yucky things you don't seem to understand).
B.A. Bearacus
The price of T's disregard for competence is still being counted.

NYCGOBEARS
B.A. Bearacus said:

"All the best people."
Eastern Oregon Bear
NYCGOBEARS said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

"All the best people."
Hey now! No Labradoodles died of COVID-19 under Brian Harrison's watch.
golden sloth
GBear4Life said:

dimitrig said:

GBear4Life said:

Uh, like what?

I didn't like them either.

I can't speak for you, but I find people are okay with deficits when it suits them, and not okay when it doesn't. The handwringing over deficits from either side is silly. It's the priorities in taxing and spending that people differ. Nobody, it seems, has a principled stand against debt and deficits and deficit spending.
I actually agree with this. 'The deficit' is a tool politicians use to rally against something they don't like, but they will willingly sacrifice to achieve their own policy ambitions.
BearForce2
GBear4Life said:

Big C said:

To you lawyers out there, if Barr does this and it seems to directly end up in more deaths, isn't that manslaughter?
Trump Derangement Syndrome is real. Everyone here is Joy Behar on an average day.

BearForce2
B.A. Bearacus said:

B.A. this one is just for you. Real or fake, it's your call.

okaydo
chazzed
Moscow Mitch, who had no problem with huge bailouts to corporations, wants states to declare bankruptcy. Nothing says pro-life like having first responders become unemployed and makiing hospitals be unable to care for seriously-ill patients, all in the midst of a pandemic.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/pete-king-mitch-mcconell-state-bankruptcy-coronavirus-041312965.html
chazzed
Here is a conservative publication's take on Trump's handling of COVID-19. Let it serve as a reminder that not all conservatives are Trump sycophants, in stark contrast to Lindsey Graham, GBear4Life, BearForce2, kelly09, etc.

Yogi04
BearForce2 said:

GBear4Life said:

Big C said:

Trump Derangement Syndrome is real. Everyone here is Joy Behar on an average day.
You do realize that you are a member of the set "everyone", right?
BearChemist
Professor Henry Higgins said:

BearForce2 said:

GBear4Life said:

Big C said:

Come on, have you not seen his posts?
bearister
Yogi04
bearister said:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/governor-andrew-cuomo-new-york-budget-cuts-medicaid-coronavirus-pandemic_n_5e86b371c5b6a9491833f612?guccounter=1
okaydo

BearForce2
BearChemist said:

Professor Henry Higgins said:

BearForce2 said:

GBear4Life said:

Big C said:

Come on, have you not seen his posts?
You'll have to unplug, wearing masks or washing hands won't help.
bearister
tRump has a non doctor Homeland Security hack at the mic pushing tRump's fantasy about sunlight being a COVID 19 killer.

Can you kill coronavirus with UV light? - BBC Future

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200327-can-you-kill-coronavirus-with-uv-light
BearNIt
Watching the Idiot in Chief attempt to get various experts who not only have the credentials but also the experience in their chosen fields, is laughable. They will only go so far before they get this look on their faces and try to politely push back and tell the Idiot in Chief, "that's not quite right".
bearister
Charge: Dereliction of Duty
Sentence upon conviction: Execution at dawn
Wrinkle: Although tRump is a war time POTUS, unfortunately he is not a war time general so the above does not apply.

Had tRump been in my class growing up the nuns would have said: "Sit down Mr. tRump. You obviously didn't do your homework last night and everybody that did knows that you are just making things up as you go along. You also are not entitled to any of the opinions you stated since none of them are based on any facts. I will see you after school today. First you will clean gum off the bottom of desks for an hour and then you will hand write one copy of the U.S. Constitution."
GBear4Life
bearister said:

Charge: Dereliction of Duty
Sentence upon conviction: Execution at dawn
Wrinkle: Although tRump is a war time POTUS, unfortunately he is not a war time general so the above does not apply.
I'm worried about you

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.