Coronavirus vs Trump

237,041 Views | 2120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She is not incorrect.

bearister
He is 6' max with lifts; natural 185 pounder, wider in hips than shoulders; zero muscle mass; he weighs 280 after a couple hours in a steam. No way he is taking the stuff or he would seize up like a beached manatee. He is just trying to pump the value of the stock to increase Crime Family earnings.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister

Like a little boy that gets caught, when tRump does something, he highlights that he didn't do that thing....like denying he has a piece of hydroxychloroquine....Oh yeah he does.
calbear93
B.A. Bearacus said:

She is not incorrect.

Would be nice to have an adult either in the White House or Congress. Thank goodness for the Supreme Court. Assuming the toilet flush wasn't intentional.
smh
thanks B. had to call over and share with my non political better half home confinement sweety.
muting 301 handles, turnaround is fair play
smh
another popular thing by Ms Sarah is "how to appear smart in meetings without really trying"..

non-singalong blog https://thecooperreview.com

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/theredbulletin/appear-smart-in-meetings-without-really-trying

all dressed up and nowhere to go..
muting 301 handles, turnaround is fair play
LACalFan
NYCGOBEARS said:

smh said:

Vox Article today..
> Title: The president's job is to manage risk. But Trump is the risk.
> sub: Trump was a gamble. It's not paying off.
By Ezra Klein May 18 2020 7 am

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/18/21251370/donald-trump-risk-coronavirus-2020-reelection-nuclear-china
Quote:

A few months ago, I had dinner with a friend who argued that it was time to rethink Donald Trump's presidency. After all, the economy was fine, we hadn't ended up in a nuclear war, and the tough posture toward China was paying some trade dividends. Maybe the madman routine was working. Maybe it really was just a routine, and Trump was managing the presidency well enough. Wasn't it time for critics like me to rethink their most dire warnings? Wasn't it time to admit we'd gotten him wrong?

There were, even then, obvious rebuttals, and I made some of them. The lethal mismanagement of the Hurricane Maria response, for instance. But there was a power to the argument. The worst hadn't happened. Didn't that require a reckoning?

And then the novel coronavirus came, and President Trump did nothing for week after week, month after month. We sit, still, in the void where a plan should be, forced to choose between endless lockdown and reckless reopening because the federal government has not charted a middle path. Instead, we wake to presidential tweets demanding the "liberation" of states, and laugh to keep from crying when the most powerful man in the world suggests we study the injection of disinfectants. Trump has let disaster metastasize into calamity.

The feared collision of global crisis and presidential recklessness has come, and it is not close to over
.. .. ..
<trailing bit>
In electing him president, however, we have taken a tremendous risk, and it isn't paying off. Right now, the Trump administration is flailing in its health and economic response to a pandemic ravaging our society. The country's chief risk officer failed, largely because the country hired someone who didn't want to do that job. Maybe, next time, we should hire someone who does.

Ezra Klein is one of my favorite people to follow. I highly recommend his podcast. It's brilliant.
Thanks for the rec. I wanted a break from politics and Covid and jumped in with the parallel worlds episode. Hard to fully grasp so I'm on my second listen. Wild.
NYCGOBEARS
LACalFan said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

smh said:

Vox Article today..
> Title: The president's job is to manage risk. But Trump is the risk.
> sub: Trump was a gamble. It's not paying off.
By Ezra Klein May 18 2020 7 am

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/18/21251370/donald-trump-risk-coronavirus-2020-reelection-nuclear-china
Quote:

A few months ago, I had dinner with a friend who argued that it was time to rethink Donald Trump's presidency. After all, the economy was fine, we hadn't ended up in a nuclear war, and the tough posture toward China was paying some trade dividends. Maybe the madman routine was working. Maybe it really was just a routine, and Trump was managing the presidency well enough. Wasn't it time for critics like me to rethink their most dire warnings? Wasn't it time to admit we'd gotten him wrong?

There were, even then, obvious rebuttals, and I made some of them. The lethal mismanagement of the Hurricane Maria response, for instance. But there was a power to the argument. The worst hadn't happened. Didn't that require a reckoning?

And then the novel coronavirus came, and President Trump did nothing for week after week, month after month. We sit, still, in the void where a plan should be, forced to choose between endless lockdown and reckless reopening because the federal government has not charted a middle path. Instead, we wake to presidential tweets demanding the "liberation" of states, and laugh to keep from crying when the most powerful man in the world suggests we study the injection of disinfectants. Trump has let disaster metastasize into calamity.

The feared collision of global crisis and presidential recklessness has come, and it is not close to over
.. .. ..
<trailing bit>
In electing him president, however, we have taken a tremendous risk, and it isn't paying off. Right now, the Trump administration is flailing in its health and economic response to a pandemic ravaging our society. The country's chief risk officer failed, largely because the country hired someone who didn't want to do that job. Maybe, next time, we should hire someone who does.

Ezra Klein is one of my favorite people to follow. I highly recommend his podcast. It's brilliant.
Thanks for the rec. I wanted a break from politics and Covid and jumped in with the parallel worlds episode. Hard to fully grasp so I'm on my second listen. Wild.

Glad you like it. That episode is wild.
LACalFan
Somewhere in Hilbert space, there's a reality where Makonnen didn't slip.
BearChemist
What IMPOTUS thinks:
Trump Signs Executive Order to Cut Regulations to Boost Economy

What other real world leaders think:
Germany's Merkel wants green recovery from coronavirus crisis
BearNIt
To call the 1.5 million COVID 19 cases a "badge of honor", means that Captain Catastrophe hasn't a freakin clue about what is going on in this pandemic. He should ask the people afflicted with COVID 19 if they think its a badge of honor.
chazzed
He's unadulterated filth but, hey, he's the face of the Republican party. That party does know and stick to its priorities.
bearister
blungld
bearister said:

And as the country and world looks at this man, the disaster he represented, the denigrated morals he advocated, and the depths to which he took the nation through division and corruption, the BI apologist's posts will linger like persistently acrid flatus in their attempts to depict those with actual principles and the desire to be better as "virtue signaling" and suffering from TDS.

Which begs the question, when defending the indefensible are you "venality signaling" or suffering from the real TDS where one's all-in loyalty attacks the opposition, real and imagined, as the only modality and measure of "ethical" behavior--real world consequence or cruelty be damned?
bearister
BearChemist said:

What IMPOTUS thinks:

As someone that loves catchy nicknames, I am not only extremely impressed by that but also slightly jealous I didn't think of it. That is hysterical and it attacks tRump where it would get under his skin the most.

Big C
chazzed said:

He's unadulterated filth but, hey, he's the face of the Republican party. That party does know and stick to its priorities.

Yes, that, to me, is one of the real stories here...

What does it say that the vast majority of people who were for Trump 3 years ago are still for him, after seeing this s*** show?

What about the ultra-partisan-or-spineless Republicans in Congress, who, in theory, should be smarter and more educated than most of the people who attend Trump's rallies? Have they no shame?
calbear93
Big C said:

chazzed said:

What does it say that the vast majority of people who were for Trump 3 years ago are still for him, after seeing this s*** show?

What about the ultra-partisan-or-spineless Republicans in Congress, who, in theory should be smarter and more educated than most of the people who attend Trump's rallies? Have they no shame?
I am certain of two things.

What carried Trump over the hump in the 2016 election was that certain people who never would have voted for someone that disgusting did so because Clinton took positions that were not even hers. And the sad things is that she has always been a moderate, with strong belief in the importance of US in global politics, ending discrimination instead of catering to identify politics, and applying moderate fiscal policies. But she thought she had to win over the far left wing of the party and cater to the Sanders supporters (who never were going to fully support her anyway). And once those in center left or center right, especially in the Rust Belt, were forced to choose, a big enough portion chose Trump and many have not looked back until Biden won the primary.

If Biden avoids those mistakes and instead tries to be a unifying leader, taking moderate positions that may not play as well to the progressives, he will win and win big. If he loses his way the same way Clinton did instead of being who he has always been, he will lose and we will be screwed again for another 4 years. You cannot please everyone. I hope Biden knows that. He doesn't need to be another Sanders or Warren. He can be more like Bill Clinton or Obama.
bearister
I agree. Biden has the ability to secure a loss the day he selects his VP.
calbear93
bearister said:

It's his race to lose. He chooses the left wing Sarah Palin, and he will have lost his one shot in life that he worked all his life to reach. Just choose someone that will not scare off the moderates, especially considering his age, and talk about how we need to heal our country instead of resorting to name calling, and he will win.
Big C
calbear93 said:

Big C said:

chazzed said:

What about the ultra-partisan-or-spineless Republicans in Congress, who, in theory should be smarter and more educated than most of the people who attend Trump's rallies? Have they no shame?

What carried Trump over the hump in the 2016 election was that certain people who never would have voted for someone that disgusting did so because Clinton took positions that were not even hers. And the sad things is that she has always been a moderate, with strong belief in the importance of US in global politics, ending discrimination instead of catering to identify politics, and applying moderate fiscal policies. But she thought she had to win over the far left wing of the party and cater to the Sanders supporters (who never were going to fully support her anyway). And once those in center left or center right, especially in the Rust Belt, were forced to choose, a big enough portion chose Trump and many have not looked back until Biden won the primary.

If Biden avoids those mistakes and instead tries to be a unifying leader, taking moderate positions that may not play as well to the progressives, he will win and win big. If he loses his way the same way Clinton did instead of being who he has always been, he will lose and we will be screwed again for another 4 years. You cannot please everyone. I hope Biden knows that. He doesn't need to be another Sanders or Warren. He can be more like Bill Clinton or Obama.

Honestly, I don't think the positions that Hillary Clinton took were much of a factor at all. Are you referring to the Dem platform? Everybody knows that's written by the "base" in either party and doesn't really reflect what the candidate plans to do.

Hillary Clinton was a known moderate, a bit to the left of center.

What lost her the election was that people just didn't think they liked her personally, fueled by the right wing's rhetoric ever since Bill Clinton's first Presidential campaign. That and disenchanted white working class voters in a few key states, who thought voting for Trump was a protest vote against the system. "Drain the swamp" resonated with them.
Big C
bearister said:

What do you think of the various VP possibilities that have been mentioned? Do you think who the running mate is really makes a difference? Seems like it gets a lot of attention around convention time and then is forgotten.
calbear93
Big C said:

calbear93 said:

Big C said:

chazzed said:

Honestly, I don't think the positions that Hillary Clinton took were much of a factor at all. Are you referring to the Dem platform? Everybody knows that's written by the "base" in either party and doesn't really reflect what the candidate plans to do.

Hillary Clinton was a known moderate, a bit to the left of center.

What lost her the election was that people just didn't think they liked her personally, fueled by the right wing's rhetoric ever since Bill Clinton's first Presidential campaign. That and disenchanted white working class voters in a few key states, who thought voting for Trump was a protest vote against the system. "Drain the swamp" resonated with them.
I guess I would disagree. I think what really resonated for some people who voted for Trump was his emphasis on the border. Draining the swamp was later in the process after he got his core base (which included quite a few people who voted for Obama). I think what people didn't like about Clinton was that, trying to be everything to everyone on the left, she came across as nothing for everyone. And once she started speaking on terms that people inferred was not enforcing the border, I think that was game over. And that is unfortunate because I think she would have been an excellent president and, like Obama, she would have focused on a compassionate enforcement of immigration law and our immigration situation would have been so much better.
Yogi3
calbear93 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's the funniest thing I ever read. Just when I think you're starting to get smarter, you say the dumbest thing you ever said.
calbear93
Lucas Lee said:

calbear93 said:

That's the funniest thing I ever read. Just when I think you're starting to get smarter, you say the dumbest thing you ever said.
Look, I know as a Sanders fanboy, you think the world begins and ends with Sanders and that anyone who does not view him as the Alpha and the Omega is stupid.

Yogi, does your current life situation lead you really to believe that you have everything figured out? Really? Think about it. How many different names have you adopted here, then tried to convince people that you want a clean slate, and then people saw you for who you were. Does that sound like someone who has everything figured out? You don't think you should possibly take time to consider other view points? Nah, your opinion on who is smart or not smart really matters.
Yogi3
Big C said:

bearister said:

What do you think of the various VP possibilities that have been mentioned? Do you think who the running mate is really makes a difference? Seems like it gets a lot of attention around convention time and then is forgotten.
The only VP picks he can make that will help him are the ones that he definiely won't make. So it will ultimately be neutral at best.
bearister
Big C said:

bearister said:

VP matters when the presidential candidate is a 50 cent cab ride from where Reagan was mentally the last 4 to 5 years of his Presidency and looks like he has one foot in the grave. I'd say he better make a VP pick palatable to the folks in the states he needs to win to secure victory in the Electoral College. The large urban areas are going to vote for him even if he selects Kevin Spacey.
Yogi3
calbear93 said:

Lucas Lee said:

calbear93 said:

Look, I know as a Sanders fanboy, you think the world begins and ends with Sanders and that anyone who does not view him as the Alpha and the Omega is stupid.

Yogi, does your current life situation lead you really to believe that you have everything figured out? Really? Think about it. How many different names have you adopted here, then tried to convince people that you want a clean slate, and then people saw you for who you were. Does that sound like someone who has everything figured out? You don't think you should possibly take time to consider other view points? Nah, your opinion on who is smart or not smart really matters.
Look, the only thing you can get banned on for here is telling Greg or one of his writers how full of shyte they are. Nothing that's said on this board matters, as you can tell by some of the people who've lasted a long time.

Nobody has perfect knowledge about everything. However, some people know literally nothing about some subjects. And you thinking that Hillary's mistake was that she tried to appease the Sanders voters shows that not only did you pay no attention to Hillary's presidential campaign, you don't even understand that the reason people didn't vote for her was something she could never have fixed.

Your ignorance on that subject is astounding.
calbear93
Lucas Lee said:

calbear93 said:

Lucas Lee said:

calbear93 said:

Look, the only thing you can get banned on for here is telling Greg or one of his writers how full of shyte they are. Nothing that's said on this board matters, as you can tell by some of the people who've lasted a long time.

Nobody has perfect knowledge about everything. However, some people know literally nothing about some subjects. And you thinking that Hillary's mistake was that she tried to appease the Sanders voters shows that not only did you pay no attention to Hillary's presidential campaign, you don't even understand that the reason people didn't vote for her was something she could never have fixed.

Why, because you said so? Do you really think what you say has that much credibility that we take your opinion as a fact?

Here, let me try Yogi's style of logic of putting up an opinion as a fact to derive at another opinion as a logical conclusion.

Nobody has perfect knowledge about everything. However, some people know literally nothing about some subjects. And you thinking that Hillary's mistake wasn't that she tried to appease the Sanders voters shows that not only did you pay no attention to Hillary's presidential campaign, you don't even understand that the reason people didn't vote for her was something she could have fixed.

Maybe I could post something by Krystal Ball as unimpeachable support.
BancroftBear93
I came here for Covid and found yet another Orange Man Bad circle jerk with the same cast of characters. lol

Just FYI - practicing your snark on each other in an echo chamber isn't going to convince people to vote for the corrupt, senile old goat you trotted out to replace the corrupt, senile old goat who lost last time.

But by all means, keep doing the same things over and over, expecting a different result.
calbear93
BancroftBear93 said:

I came here for Covid and found yet another Orange Man Bad circle jerk with the same cast of characters. lol

Wait, what? You came here for COVID? I don't think you are going to get it here. We are social distancing during the circle jerk, and wearing a mask for extra cover. I suppose you don't wear a mask during your tug party because it's all a hoax? Besides, I am sure you are taking hydroxychloroquine, so you should be OK.

BancroftBear93 said:

Just FYI - practicing your snark on each other in an echo chamber isn't going to convince people to vote for the corrupt, senile old goat you trotted out to replace the corrupt, senile old goat who lost last time.

But by all means, keep doing the same things over and over, expecting a different result.

You have to be clear. When you write "corrupt, senile old goat", you must know that narrows it down to about 99% of those in Washington D.C. Although I guess Kushner could be a senile young goat (or is he the scapegoat).

But the implication in your post that anything we do will produce any "result" makes me wonder what the hell you think we are doing here. NO ONE, INCLUDING YOU WHO READ EVERYTHING DESPITE THINKING "COVID VS TRUMP" THREAD WOULD HAVE ANY USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19, WILL ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING HERE. First of all, you are not getting any useful information when Trump is involved. And second, W-T-F, seriously?
BancroftBear93
calbear93 said:

BancroftBear93 said:

Wait, what? You came here for COVID? I don't think you are going to get it here. We are social distancing during the circle jerk, and wearing a mask for extra cover. I suppose you don't wear a mask during your tug party because it's all a hoax? Besides, I am sure you are taking hydroxychloroquine, so you should be OK.

BancroftBear93 said:

You have to be clear. When you write "corrupt, senile old goat", you must know that narrows it down to about 99% of those in Washington D.C. Although I guess Kushner could be a senile young goat (or is he the scapegoat).

But the implication in your post that anything we do will produce any "result" makes me wonder what the hell you think we are doing here. NO ONE, INCLUDING YOU WHO READ EVERYTHING DESPITE THINKING "COVID VS TRUMP" THREAD WOULD HAVE ANY USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19, WILL ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING HERE. First of all, you are not getting any useful information when Trump is involved. And second, W-T-F, seriously?

Wow, only two edits to come up with that rhetorical masterpiece? lol

And I disagree, I have accomplished something here. I triggered you, didn't I?

P.S. I had to google tug party. But I'm not judging you, man.
bearister
BancroftBear93 said:

So you didn't see the Apolitical COVID thread. There has been 11 Presidents in my lifetime (excluding tRump). None of the others came remotely close to tRump in blending the characteristics of lack of competence, lack of intelligence, lack of ethics and morality, lack of loyalty to the United States, and corruption. tRump is a one of a kind. He is the Full Monty.

"I'll bet no future President will ever hang Trump's portrait in the White House. It will be impossible to shower even false praise on the most vile of men. His Presidency will be like Chernobyl. Something to be sealed off. A poison to be contained." Steve Schmidt
calbear93
BancroftBear93 said:

calbear93 said:

BancroftBear93 said:

BancroftBear93 said:

It was a lower case "lol". Even you didn't think it was that funny?

So, your purpose was to trigger people at your age?

Why did you have to Google? Why not just ask your wife where she went last night?

Take it easy, skippy. Clearly you are in love with Trump. I just happen to despite the guy and don't think he representing anything a true conservative would like.
BancroftBear93
calbear93 said:

BancroftBear93 said:

calbear93 said:

BancroftBear93 said:

BancroftBear93 said:

Why did you have to Google? Why not just ask your wife where she went last night?

Take it easy, skippy. Clearly you are in love with Trump. I just happen to despite the guy and don't think he representing anything a true conservative would like.
Now it's three edits. Three edits to make your original LOL into an lol? haha ok man And I had to google "tug party" because I have never feverishly masturbated with another man while making ship horn noises (per Urban Dictionary). But again, not judging. Why would my wife know about something like that, by the way? You're not the sharpest tack in the box, are you.

You are correct, though, I'm not a conservative. I do like making fun of so-called liberals though.
calbear93
BancroftBear93 said:

calbear93 said:

BancroftBear93 said:

calbear93 said:

BancroftBear93 said:

BancroftBear93 said:

Now it's three edits. Three edits to make your original LOL into an lol? haha ok man And I had to google "tug party" because I have never feverishly masturbated with another man while making ship horn noises (per Urban Dictionary). But again, not judging. Why would my wife know about something like that, by the way? You're not the sharpest tack in the box, are you.

You are correct, though, I'm not a conservative. I do like making fun of so-called liberals though.

What kind of moron looks up "tug party" on google and takes the literal definition? And you emphasize "feverish" to differentiate from the party you generally attend? And why would your wife know about it? Shouldn't you be asking her? And I'm glad you are not judging her.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.