Coronavirus vs Trump

237,047 Views | 2120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

I wonder if the tRump Campaign can produce a Rally COVID 19 Waiver inked by the late Pizza King?
I wondered the same thing in light of the reports that Captain Catastrophe's election campaign staff members were removing the seat separators put in place for social distancing. They decided to remove the separators in the venue so the rally would look more filled. Liability?
bearister
In a wrongful death action, Cain's heirs could board some decent lost future earnings.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dimitrig
okaydo said:

What is strange about this strategy - and others like it designed to disproportionately hurt blue states like the cap on the SALT deduction - is that there are a lot of Republican voters in blue states. Trump did get over 30% of the vote even in California, more than 35% in New York, and over 40% in New Jersey.

This is a byproduct of how states allocate their electoral votes. People in "red states" think it helps their cause, but does it really help to ignore millions of Republican voters?

sycasey
dimitrig said:

okaydo said:

What is strange about this strategy - and others like it designed to disproportionately hurt blue states like the cap on the SALT deduction - is that there are a lot of Republican voters in blue states. Trump did get over 30% of the vote even in California, more than 35% in New York, and over 40% in New Jersey.

This is a byproduct of how states allocate their electoral votes. People in "red states" think it helps their cause, but does it really help to ignore millions of Republican voters?
It definitely does not help GOP prospects in winning House seats. Probably actively hurts them.

Not surprising coming from Trump though. He doesn't seem to care about anything that does not directly benefit him. He doesn't actually care about what happens to the Republican Party writ large.
bearister
tRump pressy now:
1. Stating how bad it is in the rest of the world;
2. Says governors that were once popular are no longer popular;
3. Points out closing down doesn't work;
4. Says mostly old people dying;
5. Talks about the importance of Plause-Ma;
6. He started pressy giving Herman Cain a shout out;
7. Next year will be our best year economically EVER!
8. The younger a child, the less the risk of virus. School closing will cause permanent harm to children;
9. If a school doesn't open, the money should go to parents so they can send kid to school of choice (What?);

10. The Dems will want to open the country the day after the Election (is he conceding here?);

Q & A session:

With regard to his tweet about Election he said voting by mail is a disaster. I want a quick Election result, he doesn't want to wait years for outcome to be determined (What?);

Absentee ballots are good! Mail in ballots are bad!

Smart people know ballots will go missing. Stupid people may not know this;

This will be the most rigged election in history;

The election will be fixed. Fraudulent. Rigged;

With regard to troops in Oregon: If Oregon doesn't take care of things in a couple of days, we are sending in the National Guard, and they are tough people;

On school openings: Young people are practically immune to this virus;

Thank you very much.

B.A. Bearacus
chazzed
sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

okaydo said:

It definitely does not help GOP prospects in winning House seats. Probably actively hurts them.

Not surprising coming from Trump though. He doesn't seem to care about anything that does not directly benefit him. He doesn't actually care about what happens to the Republican Party writ large.

It's kind of neat that Republicans (Trump and senators) are so about self-enrichment that they are harming the GOP's future prospects. I use "kind of," of course, because they are really setting the country back in the meantime.
dimitrig
chazzed said:

It's kind of neat that Republicans (Trump and senators) are so about self-enrichment that they are harming the GOP's future prospects. I use "kind of," of course, because they are really setting the country back in the meantime.

They will claim they never supported Trump or his agenda.

Big C
bearister said:

tRump pressy now:
1. Stating how bad it is in the rest of the world;
2. Says governors that were once popular are no longer popular;
3. Points out closing down doesn't work;
4. Says mostly old people dying;
5. Talks about the importance of Plause-Ma;
6. He started pressy giving Herman Cain a shout out;
7. Next year will be our best year economically EVER!
8. The younger a child, the less the risk of virus. School closing will cause permanent harm to children;
9. If a school doesn't open, the money should go to parents so they can send kid to school of choice (What?);

10. The Dems will want to open the country the day after the Election (is he conceding here?);

Q & A session:

With regard to his tweet about Election he said voting by mail is a disaster. I want a quick Election result, he doesn't want to wait years for outcome to be determined (What?);

Absentee ballots are good! Mail in ballots are bad!

Smart people know ballots will go missing. Stupid people may not know this;

This will be the most rigged election in history;

The election will be fixed. Fraudulent. Rigged;

With regard to troops in Oregon: If Oregon doesn't take care of things in a couple of days, we are sending in the National Guard, and they are tough people;

On school openings: Young people are practically immune to this virus;

Thank you very much.

"This will be the most rigged election in history." "The election will be fixed. Fraudulent. Rigged."

How would he know that, unless...

This scares the crap out of me.

Democrats: Do not, I repeat, DO NOT state that both candidates need to agree in advance to accept the election results, hoping to get him to agree to that. He is the one who will rig the election and wants you to agree in advance to accept the results.
bearister
During the first debate with Hillary, tRump suggested that he wasn't sure he would accept the outcome of the election because it might be rigged. Hillary jumped in and said she would accept the outcome of the election.

I looked at my wife and said, "Right there. tRump just set her up. He knows the election is going to be rigged."
Big C
bearister said:

During the first debate with Hillary, tRump suggested that he wasn't sure he would accept the outcome of the election because it might be rigged. Hillary jumped in and said she would accept the outcome of the election.

I looked at my wife and said, "Right there. tRump just set her up. He knows the election is going to be rigged."

Pretty sure it was the third debate, but yes. And the moderator was from Fox News... funny how THAT question got in there! That's when I started thinking the whole thing was a set-up.
bearister

Hillary should have turned around and kicked tRump in his....

Krugman Is A Moron
Big C said:

bearister said:

Pretty sure it was the third debate, but yes. And the moderator was from Fox News... funny how THAT question got in there! That's when I started thinking the whole thing was a set-up.
The election was not rigged. How many times does this have to be explained to people?

You sound like hanky in a hydroxychloroquine thread except you actually believe in your conspiracy theory.
Big C
Matthew Patel said:

Big C said:

bearister said:

The election was not rigged. How many times does this have to be explained to people?

You sound like hanky in a hydroxychloroquine thread except you actually believe in your conspiracy theory.

LMAO, like you know, definitively. Look, sure, it is not PROBABLE that it was rigged, but it turns out that there was a 16.7% chance, which is pretty high, considering what we're talking about. I mean, imagine if there were a 16.7% chance that Cal would make the Final Four within the next three years, eh?
Big C

In fact, if you want PROOF that the 2016 election was rigged, here you go: I believe there was a significant chance that it was rigged (see above for precise figures)... and I AM NOT A CONSPIRACY THEORIST!!!
Krugman Is A Moron
Big C said:

Matthew Patel said:

Big C said:

bearister said:

LMAO, like you know, definitively.
There was a whole investigation on the question, you know.
bearister
It was as rigged as the BREXIT vote...and by the same people.
Big C
Matthew Patel said:

Big C said:

Matthew Patel said:

Big C said:

bearister said:

Oh, there was an investigation? Okay then...

You've probably heard of the Warren Commission, but you might be surprised when you find out it was actually not Elizabeth Warren's health care plan.
Krugman Is A Moron
Big C said:

Matthew Patel said:

Big C said:

You've probably heard of the Warren Commission, but you might be surprised when you find out it was actually not Elizabeth Warren's health care plan.
Thanks Oliver Stone. All conspiracy theories deserve this much consideration.

There. Considered.
bearister
US sheriffs rebel against state mask orders even as Covid-19 spreads

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/31/us-sheriffs-mask-orders-covid-19-blm?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

*They support Herman Cain's Right to Die movement
BearNIt
bearister said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/31/us-sheriffs-mask-orders-covid-19-blm?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Even uniformed idiots have the right to die when they won't heed the warnings. I see a number of different law enforcement agencies on a nightly basis and most are protecting themselves as much as possible when you have to have a suspect in the back of your car while you are transporting them for medical treatment. There are a couple who go face commando and are spinning the wheel on the COVID sweepstakes.
calbear93
BearNIt said:

bearister said:

Even uniformed idiots have the right to die when they won't heed the warnings. I see a number of different law enforcement agencies on a nightly basis and most are protecting themselves as much as possible when you have to have a suspect in the back of your car while you are transporting them for medical treatment. There are a couple who go face commando and are spinning the wheel on the COVID sweepstakes.
Reminds me of the Tyson quote on everyone having a plan until they get punched. Everyone thinks they have COVID-19 figured out until they catch it and realize it is real.
bearister
"People aren't partying amid the coronavirus pandemic, and it's hammering the champagne industry, AP's Thomas Adamson writes.

Producers in France say they've lost an estimated 1.7 billion euros ($2 billion) in sales this year worse than during the Great Depression.
They expect about 100 million bottles to be languishing unsold in their cellars by the end of 2020.
One producer called it "an insult to nature" that the Champagne region's famous grapes might be destined to produce alcohol for hand sanitizer, as has happened in other wine-making areas around France." Axios

bearister
How Italy Turned Around Its Coronavirus Calamity - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/31/world/europe/italy-coronavirus-reopening.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/31/world/europe/italy-coronavirus-reopening.html?referringSource=articleShare
Big C
Matthew Patel said:

Big C said:

Matthew Patel said:

Big C said:

Thanks Oliver Stone. All conspiracy theories deserve this much consideration.

There. Considered.

Good! Remember, 16.7% chance. When it is finally uncovered, y'all heard it from me first. If it is never uncovered, I can always claim, hell, it was only a 16.7% chance.
B.A. Bearacus
Just coming full circle on what I was watching live (I have now found a concise, 2-min clip). It should be noted that if a dog or ape could come this close to pronouncing plasma correctly it would be a significant achievement, a sign, dare I say, of genius.

blungld
B.A. Bearacus said:

Just coming full circle on what I was watching live (I have now found a concise, 2-min clip). It should be noted that if a dog or ape could come this close to pronouncing plasma correctly it would be a significant achievement, a sign, dare I say, of genius.

It's unbelievable to me that anyone would admire this man or think he holds any kind of special intelligence or ability.

If I went to the town PTA meeting and the lowest ranking member of a subcommittee spoke like this, I would think they were under qualified and not so bright. And yet, this man is deciding the fate of people and nations when he couldn't run the school bake sale.
okaydo
dimitrig
okaydo said:

What is WITH this Administration? It is like they are purposefully trying to get people sick!

AunBear89
dimitrig said:

okaydo said:

What is WITH this Administration? It is like they are purposefully trying to get people sick!

They wouldn't do that! They have OUR best interests at heart. Just look at EVERYTHING they've done for the common man: like... um... that one time... uh... I got nothing.
sycasey
dimitrig said:

okaydo said:

chazzed
AunBear89 said:

dimitrig said:

okaydo said:

They wouldn't do that! They have OUR best interests at heart. Just look at EVERYTHING they've done for the common man: like... um... that one time... uh... I got nothing.

They continue to undo environmental regulations, which probably creates (or saves) jobs in the fossol fuel industry and mining industry.
bearister
"Alexander Burns wrote in The New York Times that Trump was too pathetic to be a tyrant: "Far from a strongman, Mr. Trump has lately become a heckler in his own government, promoting medical conspiracy theories on social media, playing no constructive role in either the management of the coronavirus pandemic or the negotiation of an economic rescue plan in Congress and complaining endlessly about the unfairness of it all."
Maureen Dowd, NY Times
bearister
bearister
I wonder if feelings of empathy for dying Americans ever causes him to 3 putt...but then again when you take any putt within 30 feet it is hard for him to 3 putt...even when he sees that his Hydroxychloroquine stocks are dropping in value.

Trump heads to his own golf club as Covid-19 surges and jobless benefits expire

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/01/trump-golfs-covid-19-unemployment?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.