Coronavirus vs Trump

228,756 Views | 2120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

Why in the age of a fat, orange and stupid POTUS does this make perfect sense?

okaydo

bearister
Question for tRump supporters:

1. Why do tRump and his underlings not wear masks in masked facilities?
2. What are your feelings about that?

*My answers:
1. It is a political statement of support for his base who believe only pro science elitists think masks are necessary;
2. I think it is evil for him to expose others to possible infection and it sets a bad example as a leader.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
bearister said:

*My answers:
1. It is a political statement of support for his base who believe only pro science elitists think masks are necessary;
2. I think it is evil for him to expose others to possible infection and it sets a bad example as a leader.

Going mask-less is a sign that you support freedom.

Wearing a mask is a sign that you're a girly man, or trying to be Asian.

okaydo
Apologies if this was posted already.

bearister
" At a time when we desperately need to be guided by the best science, Trump's daily fire hose of lies, and his denunciations of anything he doesn't like as "fake news," has contributed mightily to the loss of our "cognitive immunity" our ability to sort out truth from lies and science from science fiction.

At a time when we need a globally coordinated response to a pandemic, Trump has wrecked every alliance we have.

At a time when we need high social trust in order to have a coordinated response at home, Trump's political strategy of dividing us and playing everything both ways even telling people both to rise up against their governors and to lock down according to his guidelines is the opposite of the "all in this together" approach we need to win this battle.

At a time when access to affordable health care is extra-important when frontline workers need to know that if they go to work and fall ill, they will have some safety net to protect them Trump has been trying to destroy the Affordable Care Act enacted by President Barack Obama without even thinking through an alternative.

At a time when we've never more needed our early warning systems to be operating at peak potential, the four top jobs at the Department of Homeland Security and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence "have all been filled with temporary acting officials for literally every day that Covid-19 has been on the world stage," Garrett Graff recently noted in Politico.
And Trump's vindictiveness toward any career public servant who challenges his narrative has surely contributed to the weak response from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Experts are afraid to raise their hands to contradict the president." Thomas Friedman, NY Times

bearister
Trump and some top aides question accuracy of coronavirus death toll - Axios

https://www.axios.com/trump-coronavirus-death-toll-d8ba60a4-316b-4d1e-8595-74970c15fb34.html

When tRump eventually leaves office, I hope there are enough whistle blowers in the Administration to support the filing of criminal charges against tRump and those that aided and abetted him.
golden sloth
okaydo said:

bearister said:

*My answers:

Going mask-less is a sign that you support freedom.

Wearing a mask is a sign that you're a girly man, or trying to be Asian.

I demand my government ensure my freedom from reckless and harmful idiots like this!

I should have the freedom to move about in public and not be exposed to unnecessary risks imposed by others. Just like you dont have the freedom to drive on the sidewalk, you dont have the freedom to risk spreading a pandemic.
blungld
bearister said:

" At a time when we desperately need to be guided by the best science, Trump's daily fire hose of lies, and his denunciations of anything he doesn't like as "fake news," has contributed mightily to the loss of our "cognitive immunity" our ability to sort out truth from lies and science from science fiction.

At a time when we need a globally coordinated response to a pandemic, Trump has wrecked every alliance we have.

At a time when we need high social trust in order to have a coordinated response at home, Trump's political strategy of dividing us and playing everything both ways even telling people both to rise up against their governors and to lock down according to his guidelines is the opposite of the "all in this together" approach we need to win this battle.

At a time when access to affordable health care is extra-important when frontline workers need to know that if they go to work and fall ill, they will have some safety net to protect them Trump has been trying to destroy the Affordable Care Act enacted by President Barack Obama without even thinking through an alternative.

At a time when we've never more needed our early warning systems to be operating at peak potential, the four top jobs at the Department of Homeland Security and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence "have all been filled with temporary acting officials for literally every day that Covid-19 has been on the world stage," Garrett Graff recently noted in Politico.
And Trump's vindictiveness toward any career public servant who challenges his narrative has surely contributed to the weak response from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Experts are afraid to raise their hands to contradict the president." Thomas Friedman, NY Times

I wish this were not so accurate...and probably effective. Basically, just commit to being incompetent and then lie so much about it that not seeing the incompetence becomes an article of faith for the loyal followers and an impossible gaslighting for those trying to fix the situation. How did he drag us into total confusion and social anarchy in just 4 years?

Great quick summary of there being no actual plan forward as the actual plan going forward.

Quite possibly the best description of our president that I have read: "There is no genius there, only a damaged human being playing havoc with our lives."
smh
bearister said:

When tRump eventually leaves office, I hope there are enough whistle blowers in the Administration to support the filing of criminal charges against tRump and those that aided and abetted him.
^ for the first time in like forever, riight?

# if wishes (hopes) were horses then beggars would ride.
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
bearister
Not a chance tRump will ever be held accountable for his criminality in this crisis ....except to his Maker.

Could Trump Be Criminally Liable for His Deadly Mishandling of Coronavirus? | Opinion

https://www.newsweek.com/could-trump-criminally-liable-his-deadly-mishandling-coronavirus-opinion-1498146
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/could-trump-criminally-liable-his-deadly-mishandling-coronavirus-opinion-1498146%3famp=1

Criminal liability over COVID-19: Will Americans hold Trump accountable for creating mortal danger? | The Milwaukee Independent

http://www.milwaukeeindependent.com/syndicated/criminal-liability-over-covid-19-will-americans-hold-trump-accountable-for-creating-mortal-danger/

I think tRump simply forgot to take off his spray tan goggles:

bearister
Well, hope springs eternal:

BearNIt
This is what happens when you allow your son-in-law to lead the effort to provide guidance in a state's search for vital supplies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/05/us/jared-kushner-fema-coronavirus.html
okaydo

okaydo

bearister
okaydo

bearister
I think airliners are like cars, if you don't drive them once in a while you can't get them to kick over.
okaydo

okaydo

Unit2Sucks
Has anyone heard about the recent allegation that Fauci sexually assaulted someone a few years back? To precisely no one's surprise, it was driven by right wing activists and it has completely unraveled in a hilarious fashion. The specific activist is Jacob Wohl and his "business" partner Burkman who have been caught in a number of these idiotic scams.

The actual story isn't that interesting but what I did find interesting was the formulation of the death cult philosophy that I think is beginning to spread in right wing circles. I think it's quite dangerous.

Quote:

"Let me tell you something, Diana," says Burkman. "This guy shut the country down. He put 40 million people out of work. In a situation like that, you have to make up whatever you have to make up to stop that train and that's the way life works, OK? That's the way it goes."

Andrade counters that he and Wohl are not taking COVID-19 seriously. "It's not just any virus. I mean, it's a huge deal.I think you guys think it's something made up, and it's not."

"Mother Nature has to clean the barn every so often," Burkman counters. "How real is it? Who knows? So what if 1 percent of the population goes? So what if you lose 400,000 people? Two hundred thousand were elderly, the other 200,000 are the bottom of society. You got to clean out the barn. If it's real, it's a positive thing, for God's sake."

okaydo
Remember when Merkel's husband worked at Cal?

okaydo
LOL.

okaydo

smh
dark lord strikes back..

smh

GBear4Life
Holy smokes the last few days worth of posts in this thread did not disappoint! The positive side of Corona is it's given BI posters another outlet to unburden themselves.
bearister
The point that this shtick drives home:
That the idiotic and bizarre things that come out of tRump's mouth lose their effect because of the sheer volume of idiotic and bizarre statements that spew out of that orange pustule.....but when they come out of someone else's mouth the absurdity is emphasized.

smh
Latest SaltLakeTribune's Bagley Op-Ed

smh
same source bonus content, from waay back in april,,

bearister
I got burned by Jimmy Kimmel so I deleted my post:

Jimmy Kimmel's false claim that Pence carried empty boxes - The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/05/08/jimmy-kimmels-false-claim-that-pence-carried-empty-boxes/

*It was Kimmel's now deleted tweet that got the upvotes.
bearister
Dysfunction within the Trump administration hurt the distribution of a coronavirus drug - Axios

https://www.axios.com/trump-coronavirus-drug-remdesivir-hospitals-pharmacies-86ad5bd0-d1ba-47dc-97f2-b19cc97603f4.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top
smh
connections snipped from Jonathan Swan's wikipedia page..

Quote:

Swan became a national political reporter for Axio in December 2016. While at Axios, Swan broke several stories about the Trump administration. Former Washington Post journalist Ronald Kessler claimed in his 2018 book, The Trump White House: Changing the Rules of the Game, that Swan is among a handful of reporters to whom President Trump feeds information, with instructions to attribute quotes to an unnamed White House official.

Quote:

Swan was the first to report that that the US would pull out of the Paris Climate deal that Steve Bannon was about to be fired that Trump would recognize Jerusalem as Israel's captital; and that Trump would end the DACA executive action policy. Swan broke the news that Speaker Paul Ryan was retiring from Congress.
bearister
The decision to shelve detailed advice from the nation's top disease control experts for reopening communities during the coronavirus pandemic came from the highest levels of the White House, according to internal government emails obtained by The Associated Press.

The files also show that after the AP reported Thursday that the guidance document had been buried, the Trump administration ordered key parts of it to be fast-tracked for approval

https://www.axios.com/emails-white-house-cdc-reopening-guidance-5215db17-7d1a-4946-a233-2ff269f3ad46.html
OBear073akaSMFan
Please don't encourage the moron to wear a mask. Maybe my prayer will finally be answered!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.