Coronavirus vs Trump

228,895 Views | 2120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Advisers steer Trump to drop back-to-work Easter coronavirus deadline - Axios

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-coronavirus-easter-timeline-cb04697d-d7ab-4efb-a58d-b251f2cd78a2.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
chazzed
Jared may be violating more laws, and I'm shocked...shocked, I tell ya:
https://www.citizensforethics.org/press-release/kushners-shadow-task-force-violate-multiple-laws/
Yogi02
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/seattle-npr-station-says-no-171848492.html
Unit2Sucks
In case anyone was still in doubt about Fox News being hazardous to its viewers' health:

BearForce2
So many here triggered by FOX news, it's amazing, they watch it as much as anyone.
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

So many here triggered by FOX news, it's amazing, they watch it as much as anyone.
I don't need to watch it. Folks like you will repeat their talking points here, without fail.
BearForce2
sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

I don't need to watch it. Folks like you will repeat their talking points here, without fail.
I don't watch cable news much, sometimes, I'll watch Tucker on youtube. It's interesting you just assume I watch, maybe you see the other side as a monolith.

Also interesting is when someone presents an opposing view here, people brush it aside as a "talking point". It's not like the left doesn't have talking points. Everyone's opinion is a talking point.
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

I don't watch cable news much, sometimes, I'll watch Tucker on youtube. It's interesting you just assume I watch, maybe you see the other side as a monolith.

Also interesting is when someone presents an opposing view here, people brush it aside as a "talking point". It's not like the left doesn't have talking points. Everyone's opinion is a talking point.
The talking points tend to reverberate across the conservative media sphere, whether you specifically watch Fox News or not. Fox is probably just the most common delivery system.
Big C
BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

I actually mean this as a compliment: "You people" (sorry) are much better with the talking points than we are. You're able to word something in a way that resonates with people and then you hammer it home. We don't do this nearly so well. Honestly, the only thing that keeps us in the game is being right on the issues in the first place.
BearForce2
sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

The talking points tend to reverberate across the conservative media sphere, whether you specifically watch Fox News or not. Fox is probably just the most common delivery system.
You're probably right, for me it's talk radio since I'm driving a lot, although I do listen to NPR as well.
BearForce2
Big C said:

BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

I actually mean this as a compliment: "You people" (sorry) are much better with the talking points than we are. You're able to word something in a way that resonates with people and then you hammer it home. We don't do this nearly so well. Honestly, the only thing that keeps us in the game is being right on the issues in the first place.
I think anti-Trump is THE unifying force on the left so talking points aren't necessary.

okaydo
NYCGOBEARS
okaydo said:

The vast majority of these will be directly deposited. Idiot.
okaydo
calpoly
okaydo said:

It's all about tRump!
B.A. Bearacus
Cure for this virus coming no sooner than November. If you voted for this man, I will hold this against you till the day I die.

bearister
okaydo said:

This makes perfect sense. If you have the emotional maturity and intellect of a 10 year old boy, you figure one of your heroes will have the answers and be able to help solve any crisis. For example, when I was 10, I would have called Rowdy Yates to ask him for his help in solving a pandemic (but I wouldn't have known what that was).

B.A. Bearacus
Check out this video. Biden describes an overlooked aspect of this virus. If your loved one is approaching death at the hospital, you won't be allowed anywhere near them, which compounds the tragedy.

bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Cure for this virus coming no sooner than November. If you voted for this man, I will hold this against you till the day I die.

I am very concerned that because of the pandemic that all aspects of government will be so overwhelmed and distracted that tRump and his "associates" will have an even easier time in 2020 engineering Clownocracy Redux....and that should he lose he will have a kitchen sink full of alleged irregularities justifying challenging the result.
going4roses
Didn't know how or in what manner but I felt this would be an issue.

There is a grand scheme at work. And 500k -1.8 dead will gives great cover for how things are and will be from here on
GBear4Life
BearForce2 said:

It's really an arrogance and self delusion that they don't acknowledge why FOX is so successful. FOX is worthy of tons of criticism. They are a MSM activist organization along partisan and ideological lines. Their success and importance in millions of households is a direct result of the failure of the other 90% of Left Wing MSM and social culture. Networks like CNN are so bad that even Liberals find them repulsive. The Daily Show's success is a reflection of MSM's abject failure.

I cringe at some of the views I've heard from people who fit the FOX NEWS stereotype. One of my buddies I used to work with has called me "Nancy Pelosi" the past two weeks because he thinks taking this pandemic seriously is a reflection of some naivete on my part. He is 65 and fits the man who culturally has been told *****you for decades by mainstream institutions.

On issues I know MSM left wing media will get wrong (e.g. any thing on race, gender, immigration) I would rather watch FOX because that's what they are more likely to get right (even if for the wrong reasons).

We also know another thing: The Left didn't take this seriously enough when it was apparent to anybody paying attention that it would reach every corner of the world and interrupt life as we know it. When the media turned on the alarm bells they used it to project their animus for Trump.
bearister
As I have said before, it is very hard to give credit to tRump for anything that goes right, or cut him any slack for things that go wrong that may not be his fault, because he is ignorant, offensive, hateful, and a very, very damaged person. You have to have at least a modicum of charm and common decency to you to qualify for that kind of treatment. The man is basically a wrestling villain adored by maladjusted troll poor f@ucks or really shortsighted rich guys that are making bank under his policies.

GBear4Life
bearister said:

As I have said before, it is very hard to give credit to tRump for anything that goes right, or cut him any slack for things that go wrong that may not be his fault, because he is ignorant, offensive, hateful, and a very, very damaged person. You have to have at least a modicum of charm and common decency to you to qualify for that kind of treatment. The man is basically a wrestling villain adored by maladjusted troll poor f@ucks or really shortsighted rich guys that are making bank under his policies.
You get "offended"? This contradicts like 99% of your posts.I didn't take you for a softy.
bearlyamazing
bearister said:

So half the country are maladjusted troll poor f@ucks or really shortsighted rich guys that are making bank under his policies?

And you expect anyone not on the left to take you seriously with elitist drivel like that?
BearChemist
B.A. Bearacus said:

As usual, RWNJs poke their heads into this thread and ignore exactly this type of Trump tantrum. Bothsideism u their ass.
GBear4Life
BearChemist said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

As usual, RWNJs poke their heads into this thread and ignore exactly this type of Trump tantrum. Bothsideism u their ass.
You're responding to a half wit who literally thinks the man who occupies the WH is a primary problem in the grave situation. And I'm obviously not talking about Trump.

Trump has been tweeting like this for 4 years. Can we subsidize a TDS vaccine? Is it killing more brains and lives than COVID-19? Who knows.
BearChemist
GBear4Life said:

BearChemist said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

You're responding to a half wit who literally thinks the man who occupies the WH is a primary problem in the grave situation. And I'm obviously not talking about Trump.

Trump has been tweeting like this for 4 years. Can we subsidize a TDS vaccine? Is it killing more brains and lives than COVID-19? Who knows.
Ah-ha, typical GB4L. Always wants to stay relevant and would post without thinking too much. Are you really seriously suggesting the President of United States is not a main problem in this crisis? Trump said he has not responsibility whatsoever and you really eat that ***** Got it. Didn't vote you down on 'the poll' but I probably should have.
bearister
bearlyamazing said:

bearister said:

So half the country are maladjusted troll poor f@ucks or really shortsighted rich guys that are making bank under his policies?

And you expect anyone not on the left to take you seriously with elitist drivel like that?

Well, I suppose in 2016 there was a third grouping that supported him which I will diplomatically label "naive" because they bought the snake oil. Now that he has fully revealed himself I'd say his supporters fall into the two categories of which I spoke.

GBear4Life
BearChemist said:

GBear4Life said:

BearChemist said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Ah-ha, typical GB4L. Always wants to stay relevant and would post without thinking too much. Are you really seriously suggesting the President of United States is not a main problem in this crisis? Trump said he has not responsibility whatsoever and you really eat that ***** Got it. Didn't vote you down on 'the poll' but I probably should have.
*** are you talking about? A singular person in a global pandemic is the problem? Get your head out of your a s s.
okaydo
okaydo

BearChemist
Oh stop it okaydo, don't you see that GB4L has elaborated? POTUS cannot be blamed and can do no wrong in this global pandemic. The buck stops at the state governments, oh excuse me, I mean only the Democrat governors who are not willing to flatter Trump every other sentence. Also, blame WHO and the media. Just do not criticize the buffoon in the White House.
GBear4Life
BearChemist said:

Oh stop it okaydo, don't you see that GB4L has elaborated? POTUS cannot be blamed and can do no wrong in this global pandemic. The buck stops at the state governments, oh excuse me, I mean only the Democrat governors who are not willing to flatter Trump every other sentence. Also, blame WHO and the media. Just do not criticize the buffoon in the White House.
Wow, You have a propensity to lie and misdirect like our POTUS.
Yogi02
B.A. Bearacus said:

WIAF, he's talking about you
okaydo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.