Coronavirus vs Trump

228,887 Views | 2120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hateful and ignorant political views can kill those who possess them....but those that peddle them get rich (Rush "Coronavirus is like the common cold " Limbaugh Net wort: $600 million; Sean "It's a hoax" Hannity Net worth: $250 million).

"Oh vell, dee beat goes on."

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
Golden One said:

You must be having a bad dream. Whatever you think about Trump, his response to the corona virus has been outstanding--swift and comprehensive. And he is being advised by the world's leading epidemiologists and infectious disease experts. What would you do differently?

Now that this thread is 32 pages long, let's quickly revisit the numero uno worst take.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
"What would you do differently?"

Everything.

...including an execution at dawn for Dereliction of Duty.

*Did the OP, concordtom, garner a lifetime ban or simply cure an internet addiction?
AunBear89
And where is GoldenOnenote to be found?

I'm guessing he chose not to social distance, and he promptly boarded a cruise ship or went to a mega church for 3 services a week AND choir practice, or he was at Mardi Gras AND Spring Break. Just guesses...
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
chazzed
Just more SNATU (Situation Normal: All Trumped Up):
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/15/who-that-trump-wants-defund-saves-lives-just-ask-his-state-department/
bearister
Boy, it would be a real crying shame to lose any of these shelter in place protestors in Michigan.*

*Looks like a few of them are p@ussies hedging their bet by wearing masks.
bearister
As her dad would say, "Rules are for chumps."

bearister
Facebook to warn users who "liked" coronavirus hoaxes

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebook-warn-users-liked-coronavirus-130414873.html

The Deplorables will label the above warnings with the same title they will use for the warnings they get for the false stories disseminated by Cambridge Analytica and Russia during the 2020 Election: Deep State Fake News.

okaydo
okaydo
okaydo

okaydo

AunBear89
okaydo said:

So... tired... of... "winning"
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
okaydo
BearNIt
bearister said:

Boy, it would be a real crying shame to lose any of these shelter in place protestors in Michigan.*

*Looks like a few of them are p@ussies hedging their bet by wearing masks.
One has to hope that they weren't all crammed together on the bus or in trucks without wearing a mask for protection from COVID-19 on there trip down to the capital. Wouldn't that be a shame that these guys would spread the virus amongst themselves?
BearNIt
AunBear89 said:

okaydo said:

So... tired... of... "winning"
The incompetence is astounding.
BearlyCareAnymore
okaydo said:

So San Francisco has 17 total deaths and Chinatown was not a center of Covid-19, so the point is what?
bearister
bearister
okaydo

GBear4Life
I thought Fauci and Obama downplayed COVID at the end of February. I recall Obama making a condescending dig at the notion of wearing masks. They're human, they make mistakes. But I don't see any handwringing about it.
okaydo
okaydo
bearister

chazzed
Dammit, why didn't anybody tell the president that a pandemic was developing!? The president is always the last to know!

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1250927187827572736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1250927187827572736&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2Flifestyle%2Fdonald-trump-says-people-knew-151200806.html
NYCGOBEARS
Now Trump is openly calling for revolt against democratic governors. He continues to sink lower than anyone thought possible.
sycasey
NYCGOBEARS said:

Now Trump is openly calling for revolt against democratic governors. He continues to sink lower than anyone thought possible.
This right here is the big problem with Trump's response: the inconsistency of his plan and messaging. Just yesterday he rolled out some broad guidelines for ending the quarantines and said that state and local governments would have to make decisions based on those guidelines. That's fine. Maybe the plan is a little vague, but it's fine.

Then the next day he's telling people in some states to flout their governors' orders and protest against the quarantine restrictions. So which is it? What's the message here? Does the federal government actually have a plan?
bearister
" The novel coronavirus is truly a new type of American crisis, but it has been met by the same old, same old from America's President: unhinged press conferences and unfounded conspiracy theories; lies, attacks, and bizarre non sequiturs; and abrupt, seemingly incomprehensible policy shifts from a leader who has no problem changing course at the expense of his own credibility."

Trump's Pandemic Plan: "Absolute Authority," No Responsibility | The New Yorker

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-trumps-washington/trumps-pandemic-plan-absolute-authority-no-responsibility

B.A. Bearacus
I'm not saying that anyone needs to suffer a massive stroke this weekend. Unless it's deserved.

okaydo

Big C
NYCGOBEARS said:

Very true. What amazes me about Trump is that I've said what you said (continues to sink lower than anyone thought possible) pretty much every month or so since he's been in office. That ain't easy! Can you imagine setting a world's record... and then breaking it every month for three years?!?

And he's certainly got more tricks up his sleeve, which, at this point, is downright scary.
Big C
okaydo said:

I'm not even close to being a lawyer, but if you are inciting people to "liberate" themselves from their own government, isn't that conspiracy, or treason, or conspiracy to commit treason, or... SOMETHING?!?

What if soldiers in the army went around inciting other soldiers to NOT follow orders. Wouldn't they be shot?
Anarchistbear
sycasey said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

This right here is the big problem with Trump's response: the inconsistency of his plan and messaging. Just yesterday he rolled out some broad guidelines for ending the quarantines and said that state and local governments would have to make decisions based on those guidelines. That's fine. Maybe the plan is a little vague, but it's fine.

Then the next day he's telling people in some states to flout their governors' orders and protest against the quarantine restrictions. So which is it? What's the message here? Does the federal government actually have a plan?

Because it allows him to be what got him elected, and what he does best, act as the anti- elite insurrectionist. Fighting for the little guy against the establishment keeping them away from their livelihood- the fact that some Republican Governors are also the establishment is a minor detail. This is why the "fake resistance" portrayal of Trump as a Nazi is so inaccurate and wrong. He does things for his own narcissism and narrow political reasons not for seizing and consolidating power. Hitler would have seized complete power by now and the opposition would be all dead.
bearister
Her defense is that no one has the right to rely on the suggestions of a known moron. For example, if Gary Busey was a guest speaker at a tRump rally and said launching a bottle rocket from your rear end adds years to your life, the 90% of the attendees that tried it and burned their undercarriage (and the heirs of those that died because they inserted it backwards) could not hold Mr. Busey criminally or civilly liable.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.