Coronavirus vs Trump

237,043 Views | 2120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dimitrig said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

I think Dubya was overmatched by 9/11, Katrina, and the 2008 financial crisis at least as badly. Trump's handling of Maria was also spectacularly bad but he will need a second term to catch Dubya. Let's deny him that opportunity.

The immediate 9/11 crisis response was fine, it was later going to war that was the problem, which is something that might have happened anyway.

Katrina, though, yeah.
BearForce2
Obama was overmatched by the Libya Embassy attack and blamed a anti-Muslim youtube video.
Yogi17
B.A. Bearacus said:

I guess David Brooks doesn't want to own Herbert Hoover
bearister
BearForce2 said:

Obama was overmatched by the Libya Embassy attack and blamed a anti-Muslim youtube video.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

Not even close to the same scale, but thanks for playing.
AunBear89
What? No cute little meme with funny words and silly pictures to go with your whataboutism and false equivalency? You're slipping, Junior. Back to the minor leagues with you until you can up your RWNJ game.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
dimitrig
BearForce2 said:

B.A. Bearacus
Third time she was asked this question. Incredibly eerie non-response, like a robot about to combust.

chazzed
This sh*t is so tragic. This is what happens when you promote unqualified, incompetent people to the highest positions. This are dark, dark times in our country. I hope the conservatives still have a collective boner about owning the libs. Maybe they just need a safe space in which to operate, without so many prying eyes on them.

https://newrepublic.com/article/156901/dismantled-state-takes-pandemic
BearForce2
sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

Not even close to the same scale, but thanks for playing.
Exactly, the virus is a much more complicated issue.
BearChemist
You would think the 25th amendment was designed for this kind of scenario, however the underqualified crooks in this administration after multiple purges of 'deep states' enabled by GOP in congress make this option a non-starter.
okaydo
BearNIt

People should be preparing for the worse and hope for the best. Our late start and the lack of tests will cost us as this explodes across this country. Our healthcare system and hospitals will be overwhelmed. From an equipment and supply point of view, we just don't have enough equipment like ventilators, nebulizers, beds, masks, and PPE. This will have an enormous effect on patient health and staff health. If enough staff is infected with the virus, who will provide the care to the individuals on ventilators, who will read the diagnostics, who will provide care in ERs, on cardiac units, in ICUs, who will analyze lab samples, who will provide meals to patients, or who will make sure patient rooms are cleaned to lessen the possibility of further infection? Without the type of testing that is needed, we can't even say if you get the virus and recover that you can't be infected again. What immunity will you possess after infection and how long will it last?
okaydo

Northside91
And like the virus, the tidal wave of political tantrum-ing grows and grows and grows. How many times and in how many ways can we say the sky is blue? Of course the administration trivialized this catastrophe in the face of first world modeling that should have had the health care system frenetically preparing. The WHO with its delayed pandemic announcement and CDC with its early ambivalence are also to blame, as are the leadership in individual US states that could have done much more proactively.

And where are we now? Waiting anxiously as an elderly dem (who will have no problem getting her antivirals and ventilator should the need arise, btw) and a brain dead Treasury Secretary play phone tag over stimulus that should have been agreed upon days ago.

Drop the politics and take your own measures. Your masters (right and left) have no interest in your welfare. Theoretically, we could get a handle on this ourselves with strict self-isolation. But it takes discipline, maturity and conformance. Time to set aside our celebrated diversity of values, which will fail us miserably in this instance, and start pulling in the same direction. There's no other option.
sycasey
Northside91 said:

Drop the politics and take your own measures. Your masters (right and left) have no interest in your welfare. Theoretically, we could get a handle on this ourselves with strict self-isolation. But it takes discipline, maturity and conformance. Time to set aside our celebrated diversity of values, which will fail us miserably in this instance, and start pulling in the same direction. There's no other option.

This is a terrible answer for a pandemic. Individual action isn't enough. You need government intervention and direction to help get everyone doing the right things and to make sure the resources are distributed properly.

So yeah, politics also matter here. There is no reason to drop it, especially if you find your government's response inadequate.
okaydo
smh
BearNIt said:

People should be preparing for the worse and hope for the best,,
ah maan, people forget sooo fast, just a few days ago (lost it) this was posted, one -- more -- time:
Cal88
The virus is going to roll out across the planet in the next 6 months. It could come back in 2nd waves if there are different strains, which might actually be the case. The current strain in Iran for example looks more virulent.

But once that is done, the economy should rebound, with pent up demand stimulating that rebound. In other words, the market will probably bounce back towards the end of the year and in early '21.
okaydo
B.A. Bearacus

Bloomberg team go:
bearister
...as I said in another thread, Thank God Dr. Deborah Birx is involved.
bearister

...saying he is dumber than a turnip is an insult to turnips everywhere.
okaydo
Here's a question: Pence is utterly terrible and unqualified for the job and would be nearly as disastrous (based on his past), but he would be good of at least doing the minimum of being presidential. He would be more George W. Bush-ian.

So my question is: If it was Pence vs. Biden, would Pence have a better shot to win if the U.S. response to the coronavirus was the same except it was dressed up with Pence not behaving like an a**hole? Would the American people see right through the bullsh?
okaydo
New York Times reporter---->

okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
Trump stated at his press conference that he will be getting tested.

okaydo
New York Times tech columnist, who's covered Silicon Valley for nearly 2 decades---->

okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
Based on T's recent exposure and stubborn habits, I'm going with 51% chance this dude is carrying CV19 right now.
okaydo
Ivanka quoting a Cal alum.

bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Based on T's recent exposure and stubborn habits, I'm going with 51% chance this dude is carrying CV19 right now.

At his age, and with a height and build (no muscle) more suitable for a natural 180 pounder, the fact he is 100 pounds overweight won't help him.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Trump stated at his press conference that he will be getting tested.

If tRump gets amorous with whomever it is being pressed into government service of that nature these days, it will look something like this:

bearister
Out of an abundance of caution and in the interests of public safety, the Governor of Florida has decided to take a scorched earth policy towards the virus ridden grounds of Mar a Lago:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.