Coronavirus vs Trump

228,819 Views | 2120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Even though tRump is wider in the beam than the shoulder, you can add me to the list below of adorers that appreciate his BROAD SHOULDERED LEADERSHIP!

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
It looks like the partnership of COVID 19 with Social Darwinism is going to strengthen America's gene pool but at the cost of decimating FOX News viewership.

Thousands of Liberty students expected to return to campus amid coronavirus outbreak | Virginia | richmond.com

https://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/thousands-of-liberty-university-students-expected-to-return-to-campus/article_af2d0986-fd21-5a66-9f9b-a7a755f57b76.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.richmond.com/news/virginia/thousands-of-liberty-students-expected-to-return-to-campus-amid/article_a7b91be3-217a-598e-a367-34950271e6c6.amp.html
NYCGOBEARS
Must read summary of Trump's latest lies.

bearister
NYCGOBEARS said:

Must read summary of Trump's latest lies.

Richard Boone to Paul Newman in Hombre (1967) (and now should be posed to tRump):
" Now what do your suppose hell is gonna look like?"

dimitrig
bearister said:

It looks like the partnership of COVID 19 with Social Darwinism is going to strengthen America's gene pool but at the cost of decimating FOX News viewership.

Thousands of Liberty students expected to return to campus amid coronavirus outbreak | Virginia | richmond.com

https://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/thousands-of-liberty-university-students-expected-to-return-to-campus/article_af2d0986-fd21-5a66-9f9b-a7a755f57b76.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.richmond.com/news/virginia/thousands-of-liberty-students-expected-to-return-to-campus-amid/article_a7b91be3-217a-598e-a367-34950271e6c6.amp.html

"I think we have a responsibility to our students who paid to be here, who want to be here, who love it here to give them the ability to be with their friends, to continue their studies, enjoy the room and board they've already paid for and to not interrupt their college life," Falwell said.

The college experience shouldn't include fever, chills, coughing, and possibly death.
bearister
You just know tRump told Falwell, Jr., "You better open up that GD school to support my narrative OR ELSE!"
blungld
The Trump Presidency is daily exercise in someone dumber than you trying to explain concepts they don't really understand while they pretend to not only be an expert, but the only one who knows what to do.
blungld
bearister said:

Even though tRump is wider in the beam than the shoulder, you can add me to the list below of adorers that appreciate his BROAD SHOULDERED LEADERSHIP!

I wonder when his sycophants kiss his ass, do they take his balls on their weak chin or on their brown nose?
chazzed
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trump-repeats-unproven-gateway-pundit-214448001.html

What a focused, unifying leader.
bearister

Looks like I will continue taking my orders from Governor Newsom.
NYCGOBEARS
I thank whatever is God every day for Cuomo now.
bearister
NYCGOBEARS said:

Cuomo and Newsom should get the backing of the military and seize the reins of power and save the Republic. Mar a Lago can be used as an internment camp for the traitors, war criminals and profiteers. Trials conducted in the Club Board Room with daily executions at dawn on the 18th green.*

*In all seriousness, I think we may be witnessing criminal conduct on behalf of the Administration and Fox News. Their lies have and will cost lives.
dimitrig
bearister said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

Mar a Lago can be used as an internment camp for the traitors, war criminals and profiteers.

That's pretty much what it is now.
bearister
okaydo

BearChemist
Fauci has been MIA, not present in WH briefing or FOX townhall.
chazzed
He was at the White House briefing today.
bearlyamazing
bearister said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

Cuomo and Newsom should get the backing of the military and seize the reins of power and save the Republic. Mar a Lago can be used as an internment camp for the traitors, war criminals and profiteers. Trials conducted in the Club Board Room with daily executions at dawn on the 18th green.*

*In all seriousness, I think we may be witnessing criminal conduct on behalf of the Administration and Fox News. Their lies have and will cost lives.
Oh don't be such a drama queen. Where's the "criminal conduct" on the part of the administration and Fox News? Most of you here have zero clue what's on Fox News. It's the big, bad boogieman

And Newsom and Cuomo don't see it your way, either. They realize more is at stake than petty partisan politics

Breaking bread: New York, California governors win in newfound 'mutual respect' with Trump
by Paul Bedard
| March 24, 2020 01:47 PM

Just a few months ago, they were the Three Amigos of political nastiness.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom was launching attacks at President Trump during the fires and power outages last fall. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, engaged in a long public war with the president, was lashing out at the administration's criticism of the state's liberal immigration policies.

Blasted first, Trump fired back. The war of words threatened to escalate.

But then, both governors changed strategies at the urging of a mutual friend, and almost immediately, the wars were over. Newsom got what he wanted from Trump and called the president his "partner." Cuomo met with Trump to cut a deal and left without blasting the president, confident the two could work something out.
[url=https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/expert-trumps-style-in-virus-crisis-works-and-reagan-would-approve?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=widget&utm_campaign=midarticle_rec][/url]
"The two governors have found a way to work with President Trump, and he immediately responded positively to that, it's a lesson," said Bill White, a friend and advisor to all three. "They found a way to work together from a place of mutual respect," he told Secrets.

Now, he said, that lesson is playing out on the world stage as the three work especially close to fight the coronavirus war. Instead of nasty nicknames, Trump almost daily respectfully refers to "Gavin" and "Andrew." And they have responded with supportive words as their states have received special attention from the White House during the crisis.

Compare that to the continued attacks and counterattacks as Trump has been criticized by New York Mayor Bill de Blasio and Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker.

"In Donald Trump's code, you can actually criticize him. He's fine with that. What he doesn't want is pejorative or personal attacks," said Trump friend and Newsmax chief Chris Ruddy.

"I think that the president is not that partisan. The press has made him out to be that way, but as long as he is not being attacked or feels he is being targeted by these guys. If you see what Pritzger's doing and de Blasio, they are using this as a platform to target and attack the president. And when you have governors that are pretty serious about their situation and want to get results, they are working with Donald Trump because he is a results guy," said Ruddy.

But even with de Blasio, Trump has lowered the temperature. He said Sunday of the mayor, "I think Bill de Blasio is working very hard. I think he's trying very hard."

With Cuomo, New Yorker Trump has a "long relationship" with the governor and his late father, former Gov. Mario Cuomo. "I think they've always had a fairly good relationship," said Ruddy, making breaking bread easier to do.

On Sunday, Trump highlighted the cooperation with his foes when he said, "The governors were very complimentary. Very, very complimentary. And I watched I watched, over the last few days, Gov. Cuomo. I watched Gavin Newsom, in California. I watched both of them. And they've been, you know, very complimentary. And those are really the hotbeds."

He added, "And so we want to keep that going. I'm very proud of this country. And I'm, frankly, very proud of a lot of the politicians that normally we're fighting with. We have different views, you know a little different view. But we're going to get to the same place. We have different views, but we're going to get to the same place."

Newsom on Sunday also praised the cooperation when he said, "In the conversations, which have been many, with the president of the United States, the significant support of resources to these three states New York, Washington, and California suggests an understanding, very directly by the president himself, of the unique challenges we face in our states. I have no trepidation that whatever he decides to do from a national prism will get in the way of our efforts here at the state level to do what we need to do to hit this head-on, bend the curve, get people back to work as quickly as we can but by doing what we need to do in order to get them back to work sooner than we otherwise would."

As he has shown his eagerness to cooperate with his antagonists, four separate polls have shown that the public approves of the president's war on COVID-19.

Democratic pollster John Zogby gave credit to Trump for toning down the politics and getting some others to also.

"This is not a time for political sniping. On a crassly political level, the states need federal largesse and leadership. It does not pay to be getting into an argument with Santa Claus," said Zogby.

He added, "On a humanitarian level, this crisis represents truly uncharted waters, and in the spirit, we have to try something. There are no spending limits, and the time for caution is gone. Governors and the president are responding as they see fit, and the public is putting partisanship on hold. Action, not ideology, rules the day."
Trump has often complained during his daily virus briefings that the media doesn't give him credit for his job so far, but those in the fight are.

White, who worked closely with Trump years ago when he was the president & CEO of the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund, and the Intrepid Relief Fund, said, "In a time of crisis, the three of them put down the swords and the knives and the shivs and found a way to truly genuinely work together."

He said that Trump "is the best guy in your corner when you are respectful to him. You don't have to kiss his ass. Just be a respectful human being with him, and you will have a great relationship with him. He can work with anyone on anything, even though he might not agree with you on most of the stuff that comes out of your mouth."

Andrew Surabian, a former Trump aide, said that the Trump/Newsom/Cuomo relationship during the virus effort is a winning model.

"It's inspiring to see so many formerly rabid partisans putting politics aside and rallying behind our president at this critical time. Mayors and governors are directly responsible for the health and well-being of their constituents, and they know that President Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic has been downright superb," he wrote for Townhall.

And White said, "The president deserves an incredible amount of credit for putting all of the nasty, horrible things that those people have said about him, said about this family, for the good of the American people. He has put that all aside for the health and safety and well-being and protection of the American people. Why, because they decided that they were going to stop doing that and that they were going to lead and that's what leadership looks like."
bearlyamazing
okaydo said:

When will Dr. Fauci be fired?

Post your predictions!

Dr. Fauci Slams Mainstream Media Stop trying to create a rift between me and the President

From WMAL radio this morning

VINCE COGLIANESE: It seems like increasingly a bunch of questions from the media are designed to create a rift between you and the President of the United States, at least, to emphasize differences of opinion that creates distances between you and the president. Are you sensing that as the media continually asks you questions about the differences you have with him?

DR. ANTHONY FAUCI: That is really unfortunate. I would wish that would stop because we have a much bigger problem here than trying to point out differences. They really, fundamentally, at the core when you look at it, there are not differences. The president has listened to what I've said with the other people on the task force have said. When I've made recommendations, he's taken them. He's never countered and overridden me. The idea of pitting one against the other is just not helpful and I'd wish that would stop so we can look ahead at the challenge we have together to get over this thing.

Unit2Sucks
I love when Republicans post pieces like this where the the person being held hostage by Trump has to answer whether they are in fact being held hostage by Trump. They should ask him to blink twice if he is answer these questions of his own free will.

Look at how he answered the questions in Science recently:

Quote:

Q: What about the travel restrictions? Trump keeps saying that the travel ban for China, which began 2 February, had a big impact on slowing the spread of the virus to the United States and that he wishes China would have told us 3 to 4 months earlier and that they were "very secretive." (China did not immediately reveal the discovery of a new coronavirus in late December 2019, but by 10 January, Chinese researchers made the sequence of the virus public.) It just doesn't comport with facts.

A: I know, but what do you want me to do? I mean, seriously Jon, let's get real, what do you want me to do?

Fauci is tasked with a true dilemma: either say what he really thinks, with the knowledge that he will be fired and replaced with a complete moron (maybe Kushner, maybe Trump's hair transplant doctor or more likely some correspondent from Fox News with no background in epidemiology) or suck it up and do whatever it takes to retain some say in how the government is handling this crisis. Neither option is truly appealing but he is taking one for the team in order to do what's least bad for the American public.

Fauci is doing his best walking the fine line between telling the truth too much and getting fired and being completely craven and feckless like everyone else in Trump's orbit has been. I applaud him for making it this long and it will be a sad day when he's pushed out for being good at his job.
bearlyamazing
The man is 78 years old. He has no compunction to lie to save his job. He doesn't need the job.

Does he agree with everything Trump says, who often speaks off the cuff and in unmeasured ways? Of course not. But if he felt muzzled or manipulated, he'd be out of there of his own volition.

I don't understand how so many on the left would actually like to see an eminently capable man fired by Trump because the appearances would make Trump look bad.
dimitrig
bearlyamazing said:

The man is 78 years old. He has no compunction to lie to save his job. He doesn't need the job.

Does he agree with everything Trump says, who often speaks off the cuff and in unmeasured ways? Of course not. But if he felt muzzled or manipulated, he'd be out of there of his own volition.

I don't understand how so many on the left would actually like to see an eminently capable man fired by Trump because the appearances would make Trump look bad.

We don't *want* to see him fired. We are just expecting it, because that is what Trump does to his most capable advisors.

Unit2Sucks
bearlyamazing said:

It doesn't bother me that you disagree, but I want to make it clear why I believe Fauci has a dilemma. It may be hard for you to understand, but the most likely Fauci has been doing his job for so long is because he actually cares about the public health of this country. If he left of his own volition, he would do so knowing that he would be replaced by an awful person from the Trump band of misfits, outcasts and grifters.

So Fauci has a true dilemma (choice between two undesirable outcomes). It appears he has chosen to walk the fine line of correcting Trump's constant stream of BS and lies just enough to prevent maximum harm to the public but not so much that Trump fires him.

The concern people have is that it won't be possible for Fauci to continue to walk that line and that Trump will dump him anyway for either not sucking up to him or showering him with fake praise (which is generally the price of entry into Trump's dream team of amoral swamp creatures) or overshadowing Trump as a result of his unerring competence. Either one could be fatal to an associate of Trump, but having both seems to be insurmountable.

I haven't heard anyone who said they want Fauci gone and that they want to hear Trump talk more about things that he knows nothing about. Which is exactly why we are all concerned it's only a matter of time before Fauci joins the list of fallen patriots.
okaydo
bearlyamazing
There's a mixture of concern and a morbid hope by some that he'll fire him and make himself look bad, even if it hurts the country.

You can have it both ways. And Fauci really doesn't need to bs the public. He's a straight shooter. I'm sure he's exasperated by some of the things Trumps says and does but he also recognizes that under it all, he just wants to get things done, not just to make himself look good (even though he likes to do that, too, whether in response to criticism or just plain vanity)
ducky23
bearlyamazing said:

Lol. Did it ever occur to you that he's trying to save lives by trying to keep his job?

He has possibly the worst job ever. You think he's in this because of the money?
AunBear89
ducky23 said:

bearlyamazing said:

Lol. Did it ever occur to you that he's trying to save lives by trying to keep his job?

He has possibly the worst job ever. You think he's in this because of the money?

I realize that yours is a rhetorical question. But the answer warrants saying: of course it never occurred to him - the idea that someone would do something selfless for the betterment or safety of fellow humans is foreign to Republicans. "Greed is good" has been their mantra since the late '70s. Compassion and altruism are for saps.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearlyamazing
You're just a dick who adds nothing substantive to the discussion
sycasey
bearlyamazing said:

There's a mixture of concern and a morbid hope by some that he'll fire him and make himself look bad, even if it hurts the country.

No, there isn't. You're making that up to suit your own narrative. No one here wants Fauci fired.
bearlyamazing
I'm glad you feel comfortable speaking for everyone. But it's not true. The hate is that real.
sycasey
bearlyamazing said:

I'm glad you feel comfortable speaking for everyone. But it's not true. The hate is that real.
Sure, you haven't tried to assign motives to anyone else AT ALL.
bearlyamazing
There are also people here and lots in the country who wanted a recession that would've been disastrous for millions of Americans living paycheck to paycheck as a necessary evil for the greater good of getting rid of Trump.

Let's be honest here.
sycasey
bearlyamazing said:

There are also people here and lots in the country who wanted a recession that would've been disastrous for millions of Americans living paycheck to paycheck as a necessary evil for the greater good of getting rid of Trump.

Let's be honest here.

I'm sure there are SOME people who think so. It's a big country.

There is no significant percentage of the population who WANTS a recession, though. This group is not worth worrying about.
bearlyamazing
sycasey said:

bearlyamazing said:

Let's be honest here.

I'm sure there are SOME people who think so. It's a big country.

There is no significant percentage of the population who WANTS a recession, though. This group is not worth worrying about.
There are SOME people who have spoken out about it very publicly and they're not people down in their mom's basement. It's more than just a few.

This was just one of many:

Eastern Oregon Bear
bearlyamazing said:

You're just a dick who adds nothing substantive to the discussion
You're projecting again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.