Coronavirus vs Trump

237,035 Views | 2120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal88: Thanks for reasonable response but that is a disingenuous conflation. Biden is not as sharp as he once was, but he is still sharper than Trump. But that is not the point. Bidens orientation and ideals are completely different. Moral. And he will install good and competent people. Yes they both are older and not at their best and are not as eloquent as I would like, but the comparison ends there. They are miles apart on their effects on country and good for this country. Biden is a compromise who is still ten times the man that Trump is.
Unit2Sucks
At what point can we blame Trump for preventing the country from doing anything to slow COVID down? If not now, what about next week after he makes more unforced errors?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/07/trump-coronavirus-management-style-123465
BearChemist
Unit2Sucks said:

At what point can we blame Trump for preventing the country from doing anything to slow COVID down? If not now, what about next week after he makes more unforced errors?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/07/trump-coronavirus-management-style-123465

Emperor without clothes.
BearChemist
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/08/coronavirus-hogan-trump-pence-123806

Someone will get primaried... everything the Supreme Leader says is beautiful and perfect.
okaydo
Cal88
^ Ignorance is bliss.
Unit2Sucks
Given how bad things are looking, I would be surprised if republicans are willing to overlook Trump's incompetence, mismanagement and lies.

I would think both Bernie and Biden have become a lot more electable in the last few weeks.

I wish Trump would start listening to his advisors and realize that not testing people is a terrible long-term strategy, but I don't believe he is capable of thinking more than 24 hours ahead.
B.A. Bearacus
Unit2Sucks said:

Given how bad things are looking, I would be surprised if republicans are willing to overlook Trump's incompetence, mismanagement and lies.

Unit2, try having Fox News and Facebook ads be your only source of news. You will then understand this: there have been no missteps or bad decisions by T since he became president, up to and including his leadership on CV. Don't give Republicans this much credit. You will be wrong every time.
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
Apparently, someone at the White House would have had feelings hurt if the US specifically was on the quarantine list...

@DrShushan:
"Addendum... COVID-19 Czar Pence called Bibi yesterday to ask that rather than US & Euro states being added to quarantine list, that it be broadened to include ALL countries."

bearister

B.A. Bearacus

bearister
Didn't Ted Cruz' dad self quarantine after he shot JFK?
B.A. Bearacus
sycasey
The way the government's response to Coronavirus is going it's looking to me like Trump is toast in November, regardless of what happens on the Democrats' side.
oski003
Both Kaiser Permanente and the Federally funded low income serving outpatient clinics that my wife works at have Coronavirus testing available.

Is my real life experience an anomaly?

https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/alerts/p1/2019-novel-coronavirus-feb-2020
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
sycasey said:

The way the government's response to Coronavirus is going it's looking to me like Trump is toast in November, regardless of what happens on the Democrats' side.

dimitrig
bearister said:

sycasey said:

https://twitter.com/Jimi_Jammin/status/1237096719336292353/photo/1
B.A. Bearacus
Dimitrig, fyi, as believable as it is, that screen captured T tweet is doctored.
bearister
tRump is giving the pressie at 3 pm instead of Pence. Me thinks the fat orange one will have a very difficult time hiding the fact that he is in full psychotic meltdown. He hasn't been this unhinged and scared since he got his Selective Service notice during 'Nam.

blungld
sycasey said:

It should be, but he will blame Democrats and Obama and unbelievably, fueled by FOX news media support, the Trumpers will believe him.

Nothing is ever his fault, even when he says yes I did this. He has now done more than shoot someone on 5th Avenue, his incompetency and inaction has directly led to far more Americans getting infected, not to mention his teardown of Democratic norms and national security writ large.

He wants everyone else in the world held to arbitrary and specious criteria of responsibility, guilt, and accountability, but no one can even question him or show anything short of total placating loyalty. It's the worst part of his infantile leadership.

I have no idea why any American would accept this or be blind to it. The years of psychoanalysis of this phenomenon will be very interesting. Of course in five years it will be impossible to find the people who previously supported Trump, including all the apologist posters on this board who even when shown their old posts will react with something like this: "No, I didn't! I may have voted for him, but I was never totally on board. I mean yes I bashed every Liberal I could and defended everything he did, but I just voted for him to shake things up and cause there was no better choice."

There will soon be a case of mass Trump Amnesia Syndrome, or perhaps TDS (Trump Disentanglement Syndrome)?
BearForce2
Based on the way posters here like to talk smack about FOX news, they must be watching it all the time to get their information. No wonder they're tops in cable news.
BearlyCareAnymore
oski003 said:

Both Kaiser Permanente and the Federally funded low income serving outpatient clinics that my wife works at have Coronavirus testing available.

Is my real life experience an anomaly?

https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/alerts/p1/2019-novel-coronavirus-feb-2020
They've had the ability to test for awhile but the criteria that allows them to test has been extremely restrictive. We are only testing 1000 a day nationwide. Are you claiming that Kaiser or your wife's clinic are testing anyone that wants it as Trump said? At least until a couple of days ago they were only supposed to test those who had a known exposure. That was what health professionals have been complaining about.
sycasey
blungld said:

sycasey said:

It should be, but he will blame Democrats and Obama and unbelievably, fueled by FOX news media support, the Trumpers will believe him.
Yes, but this is the kind of thing that becomes harder and harder to spin. If more people are sick or dying while the economy is crashing, reality starts intruding on the narrative.

And keep in mind that Trump's approval rating is already low and always has been. He wouldn't have to fall far.
bearister
BearForce2 said:

Based on the way posters here like to talk smack about FOX news, they must be watching it all the time to get their information. No wonder they're tops in cable news.

No, the rational news outlets play short outtakes from the Fox News opinion shows so that we can be informed with regard to why half the country holds non reality based beliefs and opinions. I do watch Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace. He pushes a reality narrative as far as he can but occasionally pulls back to avoid employment termination.
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

I don't need to, because I'm sure to have all the talking points repeated back to me here.
okaydo

Cal88
sycasey said:

Especially in states like Florida or Arizona that have an older demography.
dimitrig
B.A. Bearacus said:

Dimitrig, fyi, as believable as it is, that screen captured T tweet is doctored.

Thanks for pointing it out.

This one is not:

blungld
sycasey said:

blungld said:

sycasey said:

Yes, but this is the kind of thing that becomes harder and harder to spin. If more people are sick or dying while the economy is crashing, reality starts intruding on the narrative.

And keep in mind that Trump's approval rating is already low and always has been. He wouldn't have to fall far.

Here is my nightmare scenario:

Coronavirus ineptitude and economy fallout is somehow blamed on Obama, then summer comes and virus recedes as expected, economy shoots up in relief. Trump claims he made virus disappear and handled it "perfect" and he wins on this wave of lies and recovery in November. Virus comes back in fall and economy tanks again. He handles the second attack of virus horribly and the economy too--so that both are worse than they should be, but he blames this on the election and the horrible campaign lies of Sanders/Biden.

Or Sanders/Biden win and Trump declares martial law and can't step down as president or honer election results during recession/pandemic.

Or, most realistically, Sanders/Biden win and, like the last three Democratic presidents, have to clean up the mess left by the GOP and then get attacked for being anti-capitalism and regulatory blah blah blah because SOMEONE has to be the grown up and even though the country will do better on their watch, they will still be obstructed and bashed for things completely minor in comparison to Trump and the Republican president who comes next will claim all the benefits of the tough love the Democrat had to put in place.

The democrat is like the mother who does what is best for the kid and never gets credit, and the GOP is like the free spending take you to Disneyland dad who left mom years ago and only swoops in for the birthday and good times avoiding all the sacrifice and work.
sycasey
blungld said:

Or, most realistically, Sanders/Biden win and, like the last three Democratic presidents, have to clean up the mess left by the GOP and then get attacked for being anti-capitalism and regulatory blah blah blah because SOMEONE has to be the grown up and even though the country will do better on their watch, they will still be obstructed and bashed for things completely minor in comparison to Trump and the Republican president who comes next will claim all the benefits of the tough love the Democrat had to put in place.
This is the most likely scenario, IMO.

However . . . it's become clear that the younger generation isn't nearly so receptive to the usual Republican message about over-regulation. At some point this will stop working and people will actually want the government to do things for them.
bearister
....and then the best customer and biggest topper had to go and demand the rectal version...

Sichuan Impression in CA check temperatures for coronavirus | The Sacramento Bee

https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/article241032031.html

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.