Coronavirus vs Trump

228,787 Views | 2120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearlyamazing said:

Israel has stated they're just weeks out from a successful vaccine and @3 months from delivery to market.
Instead of some miracle scenario, I think it's best to set expectations based on Fauci: "a year, year-and-a-half at least" for a vaccine.

BearlyCareAnymore
bearlyamazing said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

You are living in a fantasy world. The Trump administration has done more to lock down public health experts from speaking publicly than they have the spread of the virus. The head of the WHO, which Trump has reduced funding for, has said we are in uncharted territory and labeled this an unprecedented respiratory infection capable of community transmission. The CDC has completely botched testing for COVID-19 and we would be extremely fortunate if it hasn't already been contracted by thousands of people across the US.

It's hilarious when someone like you, who has consistently fallen for Trump's lies hook, line and sinker, tries to lecture anyone on educating themselves with respect to any issue where Trump is involved.

You and some others on this board have been so overtaken by Trump Derangement Syndrome that your health and well-being is more threatened by TDS than it is by the corona virus. I guess you've never heard of Dr. Anthony Fauci, the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, one of the world's foremost experts in immunology and epidemiology. Or how about Dr. Robert Redfield (Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) or Dr. Anne Schuchaf (Depty Didrector of CDC) or Dr. Francis Collins (Director Of the National Institute of Health)? All of them are on the President's task force and have been meeting daily with the media on TV to explain what's being done to combat the corona virus. Today Dr. Fauci announced that our scientists have developed a vaccine for the virus and testing through the FDA on humans will begin very soon. He also said that medications are being developed to treat the virus and will be available before the vaccine is ready for widespread use. But none of these facts fits your TDS narrative that nothing is being done, or the effort is being led by bungling non-scientists. Get a clue!
Don't let facts get in the way of their agenda

Oh, believe me. He isn't
Golden One
B.A. Bearacus said:

Golden One said:

You and some others on this board have been so overtaken by Trump Derangement Syndrome that your health and well-being is more threatened by TDS than it is by the corona virus. I guess you've never heard of Dr. Anthony Fauci, the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, one of the world's foremost experts in immunology and epidemiology. Or how about Dr. Robert Redfield (Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) or Dr. Anne Schuchaf (Depty Didrector of CDC) or Dr. Francis Collins (Director Of the National Institute of Health)? All of them are on the President's task force and have been meeting daily with the media on TV to explain what's being done to combat the corona virus. Today Dr. Fauci announced that our scientists have developed a vaccine for the virus and testing through the FDA on humans will begin very soon. He also said that medications are being developed to treat the virus and will be available before the vaccine is ready for widespread use. But none of these facts fits your TDS narrative that nothing is being done, or the effort is being led by bungling non-scientists. Get a clue!
Thanks for sharing this information, Golden. We all understand that a vaccine is at least a year away. I didn't see the quote about therapeutics. What was shared by Fauci regarding therapeutics timelines? Was it simply that something should be available in less than a year?
He anticipated that therapeutics would be available in 3-4 months.
Golden One
OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

You are living in a fantasy world. The Trump administration has done more to lock down public health experts from speaking publicly than they have the spread of the virus. The head of the WHO, which Trump has reduced funding for, has said we are in uncharted territory and labeled this an unprecedented respiratory infection capable of community transmission. The CDC has completely botched testing for COVID-19 and we would be extremely fortunate if it hasn't already been contracted by thousands of people across the US.

It's hilarious when someone like you, who has consistently fallen for Trump's lies hook, line and sinker, tries to lecture anyone on educating themselves with respect to any issue where Trump is involved.

Don't let facts get in the way of their agenda

Oh, believe me. He isn't
Hate to tell you, but he was referring to you and your fellow TDS sufferers!
Golden One
B.A. Bearacus said:

bearlyamazing said:

Israel has stated they're just weeks out from a successful vaccine and @3 months from delivery to market.
Instead of some miracle scenario, I think it's best to set expectations based on Fauci: "a year, year-and-a-half at least" for a vaccine.

I agree that we shouldn't expect miracles. Unfortunately, some on this Board who suffer from TDS seem to believe that is exactlly what we have a right to expect and that a miracle would indeed happen if Trump wasn't President!
Unit2Sucks
Golden One said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Thanks for sharing this information, Golden. We all understand that a vaccine is at least a year away. I didn't see the quote about therapeutics. What was shared by Fauci regarding therapeutics timelines? Was it simply that something should be available in less than a year?
More gaslighting from G1.

As far as I'm aware, Fauci said that we will know in a few months if the therapeutics Gilead is developing are effective, not that they would be generally available to the public on any particular timeframe.

Please provide the source for Fauci stating therapeutics would be available to the public in 3-4 months?

And, by the way, 3-4 months is a long time in this pandemic.
Golden One
Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

As far as I'm aware, Fauci said that we will know in a few months if the therapeutics Gilead is developing are effective, not that they would be generally available to the public on any particular timeframe.

Please provide the source for Fauci stating therapeutics would be available to the public in 3-4 months?

He said exactly what I mentioned in his interaction with the media today. Gilead is not the only entity working on therapeutics. Obviously, there are no guarantees and something could go sideways. The only gaslighting that's occurring, howeveer, is when you light a match and fart on it.

Yes, 3-4 months is a long time. But only those of you with TDS expect a miracle should occur that will significantly accelerate the timeline. You folks need to get real.
B.A. Bearacus
Golden One said:

That sounds very promising. So to be clear, did he say "would" and not "could"? The meaning changes a lot depending on the word used. Also, can you you please provide a source for this so that everyone can just reference Fauci's own words? If you were watching it live on tv and don't have a reference, that's ok. Can someone else locate this quote?
Golden One
B.A. Bearacus said:

Golden One said:

That sounds very promising. So to be clear, did he say "would" and not "could"? The meaning changes a lot depending on the word used. Also, can you you please provide a source for this so that everyone can just reference Fauci's own words? If you were watching it live on tv and don't have a reference, that's ok. Can someone else locate this quote?
I saw it on live TV. I heard him say "would", but honestly it may well have been "could".
B.A. Bearacus
Golden One said:

I saw it on live TV. I heard him say "would", but honestly it may well have been "could".
Golden, your initial characterization of what Faludi said was unfortunately incorrect. Here's the exact point where he clarifies that he is absolutely not saying that a therapeutic will be available in three months (folks can scroll back a bit if they want to see where he starts talking about therapeutics).

Unit2Sucks
B.A. Bearacus said:

Golden One said:

Here's the transcript so you can make up your own mind.

Relevant portion:
Quote:

There are a number of candidate therapies that literally as I speak to you today, are being tested in randomized controlled trials. One of these is called Remdesivir, which was developed by the Gilead company. It is being tested in a large trial in China and it is also being tested here in the United States in an NIH-sponsored trial in collaboration with Gilead. We should know within a period of a few months, several months, whether or not this particular drug works. If it does, the implementation of that would be almost immediate. Now, I can't guarantee that it'll work or other drugs which are in the pipeline a little bit behind them. But the timetable for treatment is different than the timetable for a vaccine. And that's why I want to see if we can clear up any misunderstandings that are sometimes out there.

BearlyCareAnymore
B.A. Bearacus said:

Golden One said:

Golden, your initial characterization of what Faludi said was unfortunately incorrect. Here's the exact point where he clarifies that he is absolutely not saying that a therapeutic will be available in three months (you can scroll back a bit to see where he starts talking about therapeutics).

now I see why he likes Trump. He makes the same dumbass mistakes that Trump makes. We are talking about a testing phase. We are not 3-4 months away from therapeutic solution. He never said that. We are about that time from finishing phase one testing.

This is from 2 hours ago. Pharmaceutical Inovio dramatically shortened the timeframe for a therapeutic. Its stock went up 70% Now its time line is as follows

Quote:

The biotech has already started pre-clinical testing which will continue this month while it finalizes the clinical trial design. Inovio plans to manufacture 3,000 doses of its vaccine candidate this month to be used in clinical trials.

Inovio plans to start a clinical trial in 30 healthy volunteers in the U.S. next month with the thought to expand to people in China and South Korea shortly thereafter. Data from the studies would be available in the fall.

By the end of the year, Inovio is hoping to have 1 million doses of INO-4800 available for additional clinical trials or emergency use depending on what regulators want at that point.
So by the end of the year they hope to have enough doses for a larger trial and some emergency use. That is the awesome news that drove the stock price up.
Unit2Sucks
Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

He said exactly what I mentioned in his interaction with the media today.
Doubling down on gaslighting after having been proven wrong. TDS indeed.
B.A. Bearacus
Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Golden, if T were giving you advice here he'd say you have two options:

A. Triple down on the false or misleading statements.
B. Insist that you actually said something different despite there being a record of what you said.
Cal88
The best response so far has been by Australia, which has started testing and quarantining all visitors early on. Partly because they are physically closer to the epicenter.

Trump's response hasn't been worse than that of most other countries, if anything he is ahead of Trudeau or Macron, who have done next to nothing.

As well, Trump is not the only one to blame here, large states like CA, NY or TX have a large part of responsibility in managing health care and crises at the state level. What exactly have Newsom or Cuomo done so far?

Relative to the rest of the industrialized world, the US has some unique problems that threaten to make this epidemic worse:

-limited access to healthcare for those without coverage or with high deductibles. There needs to be a crisis moratorium implemented and COVID19 testing, treatment and quarantine should be made completely free to the public immediately.

-huge prison population: should be quarantined, no visitors allowed, guards and staff tested and their movements outside of work curtailed for the next couple of months. Same level of emergency with elderly care facilities and retirement homes.

-homeless services should be stepped up, free access to healthcare, indoor facilities (showers, restrooms) and monitoring, this is the domain of State and local authorities.

Barring this we're going to see a gigantic spike in new cases later in March and April, that will completely overwhelm the system and raise the fatality rate, with treatable cases not being addressed.
blungld
B.A. Bearacus said:

B. Insist that you actually said something different despite there being a record of what you said.
It's okay the dear little thing is just suffering from SBSFIED (Stupid Being Stupid Finger In Ear Disfunction). Totally ignore anything he says because it is all just pointless SBSFIED. Coronavirus is less deadly than people like OneNote and his SBSFIED.
GBear4Life
blungld said:

The Trump supporter believes that a man who routinely denies science; doesn't read or get briefed; and just learned that the flu kills over 25,000 a year is ALSO the bold leader who is setting well-informed public health policy like no other president or administration could--and that any failure to protect American lives is not the result of his ignorance, narcissism, self-interest, budget cuts, or lack of expertise-based governance, but simply a Dem hoax.

This entire presidency is just a huge mass of people wanting to feel like they still have a place in the world by having a president who reflects who they are back at them: ignorant, inarticulate, uneducated, and bigoted. So glad it is they who are shaping the nationand allowing the criminals to do business with impunity behind the MAGA smokescreen.
LOL

Sanctimony 1. Sanity 0.
sycasey
OaktownBear said:

now I see why he likes Trump. He makes the same dumbass mistakes that Trump makes. We are talking about a testing phase. We are not 3-4 months away from therapeutic solution. He never said that. We are about that time from finishing phase one testing.
Seriously. Just because Trump has some smart people on his team doesn't mean he is listening to them.
Golden One
B.A. Bearacus said:

Golden One said:

Golden, your initial characterization of what Faludi said was unfortunately incorrect. Here's the exact point where he clarifies that he is absolutely not saying that a therapeutic will be available in three months (folks can scroll back a bit if they want to see where he starts talking about therapeutics).

Your clip is not what I saw on TV. What I saw was his statement made at Trump's visit to NIH headquarters not any remarks made on the WH lawn. The transcript of Fauci's remarks at NIH in a post above confirms what I said in my post.
Golden One
sycasey said:

OaktownBear said:

Seriously. Just because Trump has some smart people on his team doesn't mean he is listening to them.
There's just no way you're going to acknowledge anything positive that Trump does. Classic Trump Derangement Syndrome.
Golden One
blungld said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

It's okay the dear little thing is just suffering from SBSFIED (Stupid Being Stupid Finger In Ear Disfunction). Totally ignore anything he says because it is all just pointless SBSFIED. Coronavirus is less deadly than people like OneNote and his SBSFIED.
You appear to be suffering from terminal Trump Derangement Syndrome. You can't rationally discuss anything related to Trump.
Golden One
OaktownBear said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Golden One said:

Golden, your initial characterization of what Faludi said was unfortunately incorrect. Here's the exact point where he clarifies that he is absolutely not saying that a therapeutic will be available in three months (you can scroll back a bit to see where he starts talking about therapeutics).

This is from 2 hours ago. Pharmaceutical Inovio dramatically shortened the timeframe for a therapeutic. Its stock went up 70% Now its time line is as follows

Quote:

The biotech has already started pre-clinical testing which will continue this month while it finalizes the clinical trial design. Inovio plans to manufacture 3,000 doses of its vaccine candidate this month to be used in clinical trials.

Inovio plans to start a clinical trial in 30 healthy volunteers in the U.S. next month with the thought to expand to people in China and South Korea shortly thereafter. Data from the studies would be available in the fall.

By the end of the year, Inovio is hoping to have 1 million doses of INO-4800 available for additional clinical trials or emergency use depending on what regulators want at that point.
So by the end of the year they hope to have enough doses for a larger trial and some emergency use. That is the awesome news that drove the stock price up.
Naturally, believers in miracles like you think a vaccine should have been developed and made available nationwide within the first week of the initial infection. It's hard to have a rational discussion with someone who's as unrealistic as you.'
Golden One
Unit2Sucks said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Golden One said:

Here's the transcript so you can make up your own mind.

Relevant portion:
Quote:

There are a number of candidate therapies that literally as I speak to you today, are being tested in randomized controlled trials. One of these is called Remdesivir, which was developed by the Gilead company. It is being tested in a large trial in China and it is also being tested here in the United States in an NIH-sponsored trial in collaboration with Gilead. We should know within a period of a few months, several months, whether or not this particular drug works. If it does, the implementation of that would be almost immediate. Now, I can't guarantee that it'll work or other drugs which are in the pipeline a little bit behind them. But the timetable for treatment is different than the timetable for a vaccine. And that's why I want to see if we can clear up any misunderstandings that are sometimes out there.

That's basically what I said. I said 3-4 months, and your transcript quote says "a period of a few, several months" with "implementation that would be almost immediate". Some posters just can't stand to be told the truth, especially if it comes from a conservative with different political views from theirs.
sycasey
Golden One said:

sycasey said:

OaktownBear said:

There's just no way you're going to acknowledge anything positive that Trump does. Classic Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Just repeating this phrase doesn't prove anything.
Unit2Sucks
B.A. Bearacus said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

This is exactly what has happened. I'm not sure at this point if G1 is intentionally gaslighting us or just has no idea what is going on.

He first said that Fauci said:

Quote:

I corrected him based on the senate testimony Fauci gave and he responded with:

Quote:

BA asked him whether he said "would"'or "could" and G1 responded:

Quote:

So I corrected with the senate subcommittee transcript:

Quote:

We should know within a period of a few months, several months, whether or not this particular drug works. If it does, the implementation of that would be almost immediate. Now, I can't guarantee that it'll work or other drugs which are in the pipeline a little bit behind them.

Someone else posts a lawn video where Fauci largely says the same thing and G1 responds with the following:

Quote:

Your clip is not what I saw on TV. What I saw was his statement made at Trump's visit to NIH headquarters not any remarks made on the WH lawn. The transcript of Fauci's remarks at NIH in a post above confirms what I said in my post.

Fauci did make comments with Trump at the NIH today (https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-roundtable-briefing-coronavirus-bethesda-md/) and if you read the transcript you will see that all he said was that we would begin testing a therapy (I presume Gilead's) within 2-3 months but that he was hopeful it would be 2. Nowhere does he say it would be effective or that it would be available to the public on any specific timeframe because, as he noted on the lawn, you have to test it first to make sure it works!

I'm beginning to wonder at this point in my review of the record whether G1 has any idea what he's been watching or how to interpret words.

Finally, G1 has come around to the senate testimony I posted and quotes it and pretends that it is consistent with what he previously said - which anyone who is reading this post knows isn't true. He believes the senate testimony is the NIH briefing that he claims to have listened to live.

Quote:

That's basically what I said. I said 3-4 months, and your transcript quote says "a period of a few, several months" with "implementation that would be almost immediate".

So at this point the question really is whether G1 has a tenuous grip on the facts or is a shameless gas lighter. I suppose there is no reason to believe that the two are mutually exclusive.

Golden One
Unit2Sucks said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

This is exactly what has happened. I'm not sure at this point if G1 is intentionally gaslighting us or just has no idea what is going on.

He first said that Fauci said:

Quote:

I corrected him based on the senate testimony Fauci gave and he responded with:

Quote:

BA asked him whether he said "would"'or "could" and G1 responded:

Quote:

So I corrected with the senate subcommittee transcript:

Quote:

We should know within a period of a few months, several months, whether or not this particular drug works. If it does, the implementation of that would be almost immediate. Now, I can't guarantee that it'll work or other drugs which are in the pipeline a little bit behind them.

Someone else posts a lawn video where Fauci largely says the same thing and G1 responds with the following:

Quote:

Fauci did make comments with Trump at the NIH today (https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-roundtable-briefing-coronavirus-bethesda-md/) and if you read the transcript you will see that all he said was that we would begin testing a therapy (I presume Gilead's) within 2-3 months but that he was hopeful it would be 2. Nowhere does he say it would be effective or that it would be available to the public on any specific timeframe because, as he noted on the lawn, you have to test it first to make sure it works!

I'm beginning to wonder at this point in my review of the record whether G1 has any idea what he's been watching or how to interpret words.

Finally, G1 has come around to the senate testimony I posted and quotes it and pretends that it is consistent with what he previously said - which anyone who is reading this post knows isn't true. He believes the senate testimony is the NIH briefing that he claims to have listened to live.

Quote:

That's basically what I said. I said 3-4 months, and your transcript quote says "a period of a few, several months" with "implementation that would be almost immediate".

So at this point the question really is whether G1 has a tenuous grip on the facts or is a shameless gas lighter. I suppose there is no reason to believe that the two are mutually exclusive.

You're beyond nuts. Your video of what Dr. Fauci said today mirrors what I said in my post. Why can't you see that "a period of a few, several months with implementation that would be almost immediate" is the same as available in 3-4 months. I'm done going back and forth with you, because you're making no sense. You just keep repeating the same nonsense and refuse to concede that you are wrong. Goodbye you poor, pathetic soul.
Unit2Sucks
What you continue to miss, because you appear not to understand what words mean, is that you claimed that Fauci said the therapeutics would be available when he has clearly stated that it will take several months to know whether the drugs actually work.

That's a pretty important distinction because drugs are only helpful if they actually work. I suppose that nuance is lost on you but that comes as no surprise to anyone who has read your substance free rants.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

What you continue to miss, because you appear not to understand what words mean, is that you claimed that Fauci said the therapeutics would be available when he has clearly stated that it will take several months to know whether the drugs actually work. That's a pretty important distinction but I guess that substance is lost on you which comes as no surprise to anyone who has read your substance free rants.

GoldenOne is a lost cause. At this point it's like trying to convince someone who believes the sky is green.
BearChemist
sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

What you continue to miss, because you appear not to understand what words mean, is that you claimed that Fauci said the therapeutics would be available when he has clearly stated that it will take several months to know whether the drugs actually work. That's a pretty important distinction but I guess that substance is lost on you which comes as no surprise to anyone who has read your substance free rants.

GoldenOne is a lost cause. At this point it's like trying to convince someone who believes the sky is green.
Having lurked BI for years and known his style, this marks a new low for him.
okaydo
AunBear89
sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

This has always been the case. He is a reliable parrot of GOP/Breitbart/Faux News talking points. Everything "Lefty" is wrong, and the very foundation of his belief system is IOIYAR.

That's why he's GoldenOnenote.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
okaydo

Trump's last tweet mentioning the coronavirus

Obama's last tweet mentioning the coronavirus:

(I don't follow Trump or Obama on Twitter, but holy *****is Trump's Twitter feed a sh*tshow.)
okaydo

blungld
GBear4Life said:

LOL

Sanctimony 1. Sanity 0.
Content 0, Incredulity Parading as Reason 10

I am kinda embarrassed for you. You can't even pretend to be smart anymore.
okaydo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.