Coronavirus vs Trump

229,995 Views | 2120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
Golden One
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

Golden One said:

....Whatever you think about Trump, his response to the corona virus has been outstanding--swift and comprehensive

Trump is failing the leadership test on coronavirus (opinion) - CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/29/opinions/trump-failing-leadership-test-coronavirus-opinion-lockhart/index.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/02/29/opinions/trump-failing-leadership-test-coronavirus-opinion-lockhart/index.html

US may pay price of Trump's ignorance on global health (Opinion) - CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/24/opinions/trump-us-coronavirus-prepared-clinton-sridhar/index.html
You should gather the facts rather than accepting without question the crap that CNN and other news outlets put out. Their case of TDS is even worse than yours.
B.A. Bearacus
Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

Coronavirus: 1, Trump: 0

If Coronavirus kills off half the US population, Trump will convince his supporters that it would have been 3/4 without his perfect response. If the only ones left are Trump and Pence, Pence will thank him
The Trump supporter believes that a man who routinely denies science; doesn't read or get briefed; and just learned that the flu kills over 25,000 a year is ALSO the bold leader who is setting well-informed public health policy like no other president or administration could--and that any failure to protect American lives is not the result of his ignorance, narcissism, self-interest, budget cuts, or lack of expertise-based governance, but simply a Dem hoax.

This entire presidency is just a huge mass of people wanting to feel like they still have a place in the world by having a president who reflects who they are back at them: ignorant, inarticulate, uneducated, and bigoted. So glad it is they who are shaping the nationand allowing the criminals to do business with impunity behind the MAGA smokescreen.

I'm wondering when Trump will realize the primary at risk population is made up of his voters
I'm wondering when America has their eye-opening moment and realizes that the "infectious disease" that is the Coronavirus is a perfect metaphor for Trumpism, and the man's response to it a perfect testimony to his 3 years of incompetency, lies, and criminal negligence to the oath of office.
You must be having a bad dream. Whatever you think about Trump, his response to the corona virus has been outstanding--swift and comprehensive. And he is being advised by the world's leading epidemiologists and infectious disease experts. What would you do differently?

I'm not a public health expert with the caliber of expertise of Pence or Trump, and I'm just spitballing here, but I would start by actually testing people. The fact that Trump claimed victory when we haven't even begun large scale tests is naive. I read we've only tested 4500 people as of this weekend. China is testing 1.6 million per week.

What has Trump done right other than limit travel?
Your lack of awareness is telling. Large scale testing is now underway. Limiting travel very early in this saga (January 2020) is a key to minimizing the ability of the virus to crossinto our country.

Let me give you a little reminder of history. In 2009 President Obama (your messiah) was faced with a similar crisis due to the H1-N1 virus. Before he took the steps Trump has already taken (including a travel ban), Obama waited 6 months, by which time there were already 20,000 Americans hospitalized and 1,000 Americans dead. Don't led your TDS color your ability to reason and think rationally.

H1N1 was first detected in the United States.
Golden One
B.A. Bearacus said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

If Coronavirus kills off half the US population, Trump will convince his supporters that it would have been 3/4 without his perfect response. If the only ones left are Trump and Pence, Pence will thank him
The Trump supporter believes that a man who routinely denies science; doesn't read or get briefed; and just learned that the flu kills over 25,000 a year is ALSO the bold leader who is setting well-informed public health policy like no other president or administration could--and that any failure to protect American lives is not the result of his ignorance, narcissism, self-interest, budget cuts, or lack of expertise-based governance, but simply a Dem hoax.

This entire presidency is just a huge mass of people wanting to feel like they still have a place in the world by having a president who reflects who they are back at them: ignorant, inarticulate, uneducated, and bigoted. So glad it is they who are shaping the nationand allowing the criminals to do business with impunity behind the MAGA smokescreen.

I'm wondering when Trump will realize the primary at risk population is made up of his voters
I'm wondering when America has their eye-opening moment and realizes that the "infectious disease" that is the Coronavirus is a perfect metaphor for Trumpism, and the man's response to it a perfect testimony to his 3 years of incompetency, lies, and criminal negligence to the oath of office.
You must be having a bad dream. Whatever you think about Trump, his response to the corona virus has been outstanding--swift and comprehensive. And he is being advised by the world's leading epidemiologists and infectious disease experts. What would you do differently?

I'm not a public health expert with the caliber of expertise of Pence or Trump, and I'm just spitballing here, but I would start by actually testing people. The fact that Trump claimed victory when we haven't even begun large scale tests is naive. I read we've only tested 4500 people as of this weekend. China is testing 1.6 million per week.

Your lack of awareness is telling. Large scale testing is now underway. Limiting travel very early in this saga (January 2020) is a key to minimizing the ability of the virus to crossinto our country.

Let me give you a little reminder of history. In 2009 President Obama (your messiah) was faced with a similar crisis due to the H1-N1 virus. Before he took the steps Trump has already taken (including a travel ban), Obama waited 6 months, by which time there were already 20,000 Americans hospitalized and 1,000 Americans dead. Don't led your TDS color your ability to reason and think rationally.

So? My points are still valid.
dajo9
Golden One said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

Christ! Trumpublicans are stupid.
American Vermin
B.A. Bearacus
Golden, there's no way to reconcile our differences of opinion on T's leadership skills on here. Hasn't happened once before and it won't happen in the future. As a peace offering, I give you something I believe you will enjoy from earlier tonight.

BearlyCareAnymore
Golden One said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

So you want to implement a travel ban for a disease first detected in the United States? Are you trying to protect everyone else from us?
calpoly
Golden One said:

bearister said:

Golden One said:

....Whatever you think about Trump, his response to the corona virus has been outstanding--swift and comprehensive

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/29/opinions/trump-failing-leadership-test-coronavirus-opinion-lockhart/index.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/02/29/opinions/trump-failing-leadership-test-coronavirus-opinion-lockhart/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/24/opinions/trump-us-coronavirus-prepared-clinton-sridhar/index.html
You should gather the facts rather than accepting without question the crap that CNN and other news outlets put out. Their case of TDS is even worse than yours.
Boy are you brain dead!
Golden One
calpoly said:

Golden One said:

bearister said:

Golden One said:

Boy are you brain dead!
Back at you, buddy!
Golden One
OaktownBear said:

Golden One said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

So you want to implement a travel ban for a disease first detected in the United States? Are you trying to protect everyone else from us?

Exactly! That's just what Italy and South Korea have done in the current crisis. One would think that especially a globalist like Obama would have taken such action much sooner.
Golden One
B.A. Bearacus said:

Golden, there's no way to reconcile our differences of opinion on T's leadership skills on here. Hasn't happened once before and it won't happen in the future. As a peace offering, I give you something I believe you will enjoy from earlier tonight.

B.A, you're correct regarding reconciliation. I accept your peace offering.
Golden One
dajo9 said:

Golden One said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

Christ! Trumpublicans are stupid.
It's amazing that you seem to see in others what you can't see in yourself! Talk about stupid!
calpoly
Golden One said:

OaktownBear said:

Golden One said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

Exactly! That's just what Italy and South Korea have done in the current crisis. One would think that especially a globalist like Obama would have taken such action much sooner.

Yes, let's blame Obama for ALL the failures of you messiah (tRump).
B.A. Bearacus
The man some trust to make informed, intelligent decisions on CV.
Unit2Sucks
Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

Large scale testing is underway but we don't have results yet so you have no idea how many people have it or what the outbreak looks like. You are spiking the football on the 20 yard line.

I hope when all is said and done, the administration will be shown to have done what's best for the American people. Given that they eschew expertise, I have little confidence in that team, but I'm hopeful they are successful nonetheless. Pretending like they've already won is beyond foolish. No credible person has made that claim.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Golden One said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

For starters, believe what the epidemiologists and infectious disease experts are telling me and act upon their recommendations. Ramp up testing for the virus in people with the symptoms. We've only tested about 500 people so far? Inexcusable. Get proper protective gear for the medical people and first responders. I can't believe we sent people out to meet the plane load of exposed people from China with no protection from the virus.
Trump has done and is doing exactly what you suggest in your post. You should stop believing the propaganda being put out by the Democrats and their many news outlets.
OK, black is white and the sky is green. Truth is not truth. We have always been at war with Eastasia. Donald Trump is incapable of lying and always tells the truth.
oski003
B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coronavirus-is-a-deadly-threat-%e2%80%94-but-fear-and-panic-are-more-dangerous-global-health-chief-says/ar-BB10EaAQ

You shared a link without any detail except in the URL itself. Here is the gist of the article: "Stigma, to be honest, is more dangerous than the virus itself. Fear and panic are dangerous."

Your concern for Chinese and Asian Americans getting unfairly attacked is a type of opinion I haven't heard you share on here, but is cool to hear from you. That was your point, right?

i definitely agree that Asian Americans should not be stigmatized because of this virus. Everyone needs to take reasonable precautions, not freak out, and not point fingers.
Golden One
Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

Large scale testing is underway but we don't have results yet so you have no idea how many people have it or what the outbreak looks like. You are spiking the football on the 20 yard line.

I hope when all is said and done, the administration will be shown to have done what's best for the American people. Given that they eschew expertise, I have little confidence in that team, but I'm hopeful they are successful nonetheless. Pretending like they've already won is beyond foolish. No credible person has made that claim.
If you think the administration has eschewed expertise on the virus issue, you're either totally ignorant (which I doubt) or you have no idea who is on the team Trump has assembled. It includes the most renown epidemiologists and infectious disease experts in the world. You should try to educate yourself on the composition of the team before you spout off nonsense. And this team is working closely with the WHO, which brings even more experts into the fray.
Golden One
oski003 said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coronavirus-is-a-deadly-threat-%e2%80%94-but-fear-and-panic-are-more-dangerous-global-health-chief-says/ar-BB10EaAQ

You shared a link without any detail except in the URL itself. Here is the gist of the article: "Stigma, to be honest, is more dangerous than the virus itself. Fear and panic are dangerous."

Your concern for Chinese and Asian Americans getting unfairly attacked is a type of opinion I haven't heard you share on here, but is cool to hear from you. That was your point, right?

i definitely agree that Asian Americans should not be stigmatized because of this virus. Everyone needs to take reasonable precautions, not freak out, and not point fingers.
I completely agree. It's ironic that the liberal elites are the ones who are freaking out and pointing fingers. They're showing their true colors. Thank God they're not managing this crisis.
Golden One

Golden One said:

Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

For starters, believe what the epidemiologists and infectious disease experts are telling me and act upon their recommendations. Ramp up testing for the virus in people with the symptoms. We've only tested about 500 people so far? Inexcusable. Get proper protective gear for the medical people and first responders. I can't believe we sent people out to meet the plane load of exposed people from China with no protection from the virus.
Trump has done and is doing exactly what you suggest in your post. You should stop believing the propaganda being put out by the Democrats and their many news outlets.
OK, black is white and the sky is green. Truth is not truth. We have always been at war with Eastasia. Donald Trump is incapable of lying and always tells the truth.
What? Nice try saying absolutely nothing intelligible or relevant to my posts. Show me where I said that Trump is incapable of lying and always tells the truth. We both know you can't, because I said no such thing. You're just displaying your Trump Derangement Syndrome. The guy could cure world hunger and guys like you would find fault with the way he did it.
Golden One
Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

I haven't made that claim in any of my posts. You should read more carefully.
B.A. Bearacus
Unit2Sucks
Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

If you think the administration has eschewed expertise on the virus issue, you're either totally ignorant (which I doubt) or you have no idea who is on the team Trump has assembled. It includes the most renown epidemiologists and infectious disease experts in the world. You should try to educate yourself on the composition of the team before you spout off nonsense. And this team is working closely with the WHO, which brings even more experts into the fray.

You are living in a fantasy world. The Trump administration has done more to lock down public health experts from speaking publicly than they have the spread of the virus. The head of the WHO, which Trump has reduced funding for, has said we are in uncharted territory and labeled this an unprecedented respiratory infection capable of community transmission. The CDC has completely botched testing for COVID-19 and we would be extremely fortunate if it hasn't already been contracted by thousands of people across the US.

It's hilarious when someone like you, who has consistently fallen for Trump's lies hook, line and sinker, tries to lecture anyone on educating themselves with respect to any issue where Trump is involved.

dimitrig
Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

You are living in a fantasy world. The Trump administration has done more to lock down public health experts from speaking publicly than they have the spread of the virus. The head of the WHO, which Trump has reduced funding for, has said we are in uncharted territory and labeled this an unprecedented respiratory infection capable of community transmission. The CDC has completely botched testing for COVID-19 and we would be extremely fortunate if it hasn't already been contracted by thousands of people across the US.

It's hilarious when someone like you, who has consistently fallen for Trump's lies hook, line and sinker, tries to lecture anyone on educating themselves with respect to any issue where Trump is involved.

As someone who has an employee who is currently self-quarantining as a result of possible exposure let me say that the response so far is underwhelming. It is difficult to get tested unless one has symptoms already because there aren't enough test kits and they want to save them for people who are probably infected versus potentially infected. That is not a great way to contain this virus. At the same time it is flu season and a handful of people at the office have developed the "regular" flu over the past few weeks. All of those people should be tested as well if they wish. We cannot contain the virus if we don't know who has it. Airports are still full of people coming in and out of the country at will without being screened (other than from China). I don't think this is all Trump's fault, but his response so far leaves a lot to be desired.

Unit2Sucks
dimitrig said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

As someone who has an employee who is currently self-quarantining as a result of possible exposure let me say that the response so far is underwhelming. It is difficult to get tested unless one has symptoms already because there aren't enough test kits and they want to save them for people who are probably infected versus potentially infected. That is not a great way to contain this virus. At the same time it is flu season and a handful of people at the office have developed the "regular" flu over the past few weeks. All of those people should be tested as well if they wish. We cannot contain the virus if we don't know who has it. Airports are still full of people coming in and out of the country at will without being screened (other than from China). I don't think this is all Trump's fault, but his response so far leaves a lot to be desired.

I want to be clear for the conservatives under Trump's spell (which I recognize you are not). No one believes the virus is Trump's fault. Trump's failing is first and foremost that his only motivation is to take credit for any success and avoid blame for any failure. That is the last thing that should impact our government's response but it is literally the first thing that everyone at the top is focused on because they get fired if they don't.

We probably aren't testing because Trump doesn't want the public to realize people are sick. He is abnormally focused on the stock market because he's taken credit for it for 3 years and doesn't want to have to stop taking credit, although he will find a way to blame Obama and democrats if it goes down (which he already did). Trump, Pence and all of these other clowns should get out of the way and let the experts guide our response and make public statements but they are incapable of doing the right thing unless it also happens to coincide with xenophobia or some other primary motivator.

I am still hopeful that the industriousness of our private industry and educated population is enough to prevent the wide spread of this terrible virus, the way that Wuhan initially was unable to, but I have little faith that if it does spread, or already has, our government will prioritize the health and well-being of our country rather than the preservation of their own power. If you disagree with me, I would love to hear what the president has done and said in the last 3 years to make you think he puts other's interests before his own because I haven't had a good laugh in a few days.
Golden One
Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

What's truly sad is that your severe case of TDS so clouds your perspective that you can't see what is right in front of you.
BearChemist
Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

What's truly sad is that your severe case of TDS so clouds your perspective that you can't see what is right in front of you.
Strong rebuttal, bro.
blungld
Golden One said:

You have lost the capacity for honest debate and for caring about country over preserving your ideology.

If you are hearing the Coronavirus information through the filter of politics (Dem hoax, not Trump's fault, what about Obama?), then you are so far down the tribal loyalty rabbit hole that I can only plead with you to resurface to reason and your humanity.

Things you post put information and truth under attack rather than the virus. It's not anyone's job to conform reality to belief and party loyalty. It is the president's job to ONLY care about the country's health and well being, and not constrain information or color it to his narrative. You are not seeing it, but don't try and poke our eyes and make us blind too.

Because of Trump's obsession with how he looks, the government and health agencies are being hamstrung by lack of information, PR spin, denial, and needless propaganda hoops. You can try and explain all this away or not care, but this is people's lives being used and videos like this are beyond damning. This is grave incompetence that starts at the top:

B.A. Bearacus
Unit2Sucks
Here is what the CDC is currently communicating about risk:

Quote:

While there is still much to learn about the unfolding situations in California, Oregon and Washington, preliminary information raises the level of concern about the immediate threat for COVID-19 for certain communities in the United States. The potential public health threat posed by COVID-19 is very high, to the United States and globally.

At this time, however, most people in the United States will have little immediate risk of exposure to this virus. This virus is NOT currently spreading widely in the United States. However, it is important to note that current global circumstances suggest it is likely that this virus will cause a pandemic. This is a rapidly evolving situation and the risk assessment will be updated as needed.

In summation, the CDC believes it is likely to cause a global pandemic and that although the immediate threat is low for individuals in the US, the longer-term public health threat in the US is very high. Maybe this provides comfort to some people, but it's alarming guidance.
Golden One
Unit2Sucks said:

You and some others on this board have been so overtaken by Trump Derangement Syndrome that your health and well-being is more threatened by TDS than it is by the corona virus. I guess you've never heard of Dr. Anthony Fauci, the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, one of the world's foremost experts in immunology and epidemiology. Or how about Dr. Robert Redfield (Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) or Dr. Anne Schuchaf (Depty Didrector of CDC) or Dr. Francis Collins (Director Of the National Institute of Health)? All of them are on the President's task force and have been meeting daily with the media on TV to explain what's being done to combat the corona virus. Today Dr. Fauci announced that our scientists have developed a vaccine for the virus and testing through the FDA on humans will begin very soon. He also said that medications are being developed to treat the virus and will be available before the vaccine is ready for widespread use. But none of these facts fits your TDS narrative that nothing is being done, or the effort is being led by bungling non-scientists. Get a clue!
bearlyamazing
Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

You and some others on this board have been so overtaken by Trump Derangement Syndrome that your health and well-being is more threatened by TDS than it is by the corona virus. I guess you've never heard of Dr. Anthony Fauci, the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, one of the world's foremost experts in immunology and epidemiology. Or how about Dr. Robert Redfield (Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) or Dr. Anne Schuchaf (Depty Didrector of CDC) or Dr. Francis Collins (Director Of the National Institute of Health)? All of them are on the President's task force and have been meeting daily with the media on TV to explain what's being done to combat the corona virus. Today Dr. Fauci announced that our scientists have developed a vaccine for the virus and testing through the FDA on humans will begin very soon. He also said that medications are being developed to treat the virus and will be available before the vaccine is ready for widespread use. But none of these facts fits your TDS narrative that nothing is being done, or the effort is being led by bungling non-scientists. Get a clue!
Don't let facts get in the way of their agenda
B.A. Bearacus
Golden One said:

Thanks for sharing this information, Golden. We all understand that a vaccine is at least a year away. I didn't see the quote about therapeutics. What was shared by Fauci regarding therapeutics timelines? Was it simply that something should be available in less than a year?
bearlyamazing
Israel has stated they're just weeks out from a successful vaccine and @3 months from delivery to market.
oski003
bearlyamazing said:

Israel has stated they're just weeks out from a successful vaccine and @3 months from delivery to market.
They have really changed their pandemic defense since the wall was overrun in World War Z.
BearlyCareAnymore
Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

So you are just going to keep repeating "Trump Derangement Syndrome" because in your mind that wins the argument. It doesn't.

Your comments about Dr. Fauci are hilarious. Yeah. Guy knows what he is doing. Maybe you should listen to him. He interrupted Trump over and over and over again to try and get him to understand that we are at minimum a year away, most likely much longer from a vaccine that is actually usable. You apparently are making the exact same mistake Trump had to be corrected on over and over until his people said "we THINK he gets it now". Every time the pharmaceutical reps would talk about "having a vaccine" Dr. Fauci would interrupt and say "no, you need to be clear about what that means", and then go on to say we are about a month a way from a STAGE ONE trial of a vaccine. In other words, we are close to a vaccine in the lab that we think might work but we don't know if it works, but we can start testing. We are a few months from a STAGE TWO trial of a vaccine. We are a year, likely more away from a vaccine. He did say that medications are being developed and the time line is barely any faster.

In the meeting with Trump YESTERDAY:

Quote:

So he's asking the question -- when is it going to be deployable? And that is going to be, at the earliest, a year to a year and a half, no matter how fast you go

Quote:

"So you're talking over the next few months, you could have a vaccine?" Trump later asked Stphane Bancel, the CEO of Moderna, a biotechnology company.

"Correct, (for) phase two (testing)," Bancel answered.

Fauci interjected: "He wouldn't have a vaccine. He'd have a vaccine to go into testing."

Trump said: "Oh, so you're talking in about a year."

Fauci said: "A year to a year and a half."

Quote:

But Dr. Antony Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, immediately corrected the President: "Let me make sure you get the ... information. A vaccine that you make and start testing in a year is not a vaccine that's deployable."

Please show me where Dr. Fauci has said therapeutic treatment is close to being deployable. He has continually said the opposite. Testing is not deployable as Dr. Fauci has said over and over. He has also said this is going to be bad. He hopes not too bad. He said it is possible it will be mild but he doesn't think so. He has not in any way given an indication that we are almost at a treatment.

And by the way, none of that I'm putting on Trump. It would be the same under any President. What I will put on Trump is calling it a Democratic hoax. Is worrying about the stock market more than the disease itself. Is, as indicated above, constantly trying to blow rainbows up everyone's ass about this. And is the fact that experts like Dr. Fauci have to tread so carefully (as he did skillfully in the meeting by continually putting it on the experts like they were misleading Trump when he kept misunderstanding what they were saying.

Meanwhile, Dr. Fauci has to say things like:

Quote:

"You should never destroy your own credibility. And you don't want to go to war with a president. But you got to walk the fine balance of making sure you continue to tell the truth."
That is a problem.

Having someone like Dr. Fauci there is a great thing. He has been with the NIH since 1968. He has lead presidential task forces for over 20 years. The fact that he is there has nothing to do with Trump.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.