Coronavirus vs Trump

231,326 Views | 2120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
Cal88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Still laughing at it, brilliant little vid, Pence has this comically serious look about him.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
Cal88 said:

Still laughing at it, brilliant little vid, Pence has this comically serious look about him.

Penceism:
"Broad shouldered leadership."*

*Which is amusing in light of the fact all tRump males, sans suit shoulder pads, are far wider in the beam than the shoulder.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
Pence finally getting his 15 minutes of fame on BI.

Quote:

Mike Pence is into shoulders. He talks about shoulders constantly, saying things like, "To be around Donald Trump is to be around a man with broad shoulders," and "He's a man with broad shoulders, he's got a clear vision, he's strong," and Ronald Reagan's "broad-shouldered leadership inspired my life." It seems Pence has found another pair of broad shoulders to inspire him. The New York Times, in a report on Pence's influence on the party's campaign strategy, shows him putting his beliefs into practice: "Mr. Pence stood behind [Trump 2020 campaign manager Brad] Parscale, rubbing his shoulders, as Mr. Trump spoke."
B.A. Bearacus

bearister
Maybe Pence's obsession with broad shoulders is the reason he has to be accompanied by a Pence female at all his outings.

bearister
The Republicans battered Obama over the head with the Deepwater Horizon disaster and Ebola. For such alleged manly men that slay exotic beasts and strike boxing poses, the tRumps are a bunch of hysterical unhinged emos.
okaydo
B.A. Bearacus

heartofthebear
One of the most ironic things about Trump's claim that coronavirus is a plot by the Democrats is that most of the 17 know cases in the US are in blue states and half of those are in the deepest blue area of the country (Northern California).

Based on the evidence so far, it would be more appropriate for the Dems. to have a conspiracy theory against Trump than vice versa.
dajo9
Trump basically had the Coronavirus flown to Northern California and unleashed on the community. The incompetence is astounding.
American Vermin
Unit2Sucks
dajo9 said:

Trump basically had the Coronavirus flown to Northern California and unleashed on the community. The incompetence is astounding.

Don't worry he has the "best" people on it and if it gets any worse he will have even better the best people. They are all looking very strongly at things. Very strongly.

You are just "trying to gain political favor by saying a lot of untruths" as Trump said yesterday whereas he only speaks apolitical truth.
Anarchistbear
Since old people are more vulnerable you'd think he'd be concerned about the die off of his base
bearister
Does he have it?

concordtom
bearister said:

Maybe Pence's obsession with broad shoulders is the reason he has to be accompanied by a Pence female at all his outings.

LOL.
That's a good funny one, Bearister!!!!
LOL.
concordtom
okaydo said:

You know what? If he says that the Virus is merely a "hoax", then he's going ALL IN on this issue - because if it turns out to be serious and then Dems run endless clips of him saying that, he's finished.

concordtom
bearister said:

Does he have it?

These last 4 years have taught me that Dreams do not come true.
okaydo
bearister
A story I found on Drudge Report:

Inside Trump's frantic attempts to minimize the coronavirus crisis - The Hour

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-trumps-frantic-attempts-to-minimize-the-coronavirus-crisis/2020/02/29/7ebc882a-5b25-11ea-9b35-def5a027d470_story.html

" Interviews with nearly two dozen administration officials, former White House aides, public health experts and lawmakers - many speaking on the condition of anonymity to share candid assessments and details - portray a White House scrambling to gain control of a rudderless response defined by bureaucratic infighting, confusion and misinformation.
"It's complete chaos," a senior administration official said. "Everyone is just trying to get a handle on what the [expletive] is going on."
blungld
bearister said:

bearister
dimitrig

Coronavirus: 1, Trump: 0
BearlyCareAnymore
dimitrig said:

If Coronavirus kills off half the US population, Trump will convince his supporters that it would have been 3/4 without his perfect response. If the only ones left are Trump and Pence, Pence will thank him
blungld
OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

If Coronavirus kills off half the US population, Trump will convince his supporters that it would have been 3/4 without his perfect response. If the only ones left are Trump and Pence, Pence will thank him
The Trump supporter believes that a man who routinely denies science; doesn't read or get briefed; and just learned that the flu kills over 25,000 a year is ALSO the bold leader who is setting well-informed public health policy like no other president or administration could--and that any failure to protect American lives is not the result of his ignorance, narcissism, self-interest, budget cuts, or lack of expertise-based governance, but simply a Dem hoax.

This entire presidency is just a huge mass of people wanting to feel like they still have a place in the world by having a president who reflects who they are back at them: ignorant, inarticulate, uneducated, and bigoted. So glad it is they who are shaping the nationand allowing the criminals to do business with impunity behind the MAGA smokescreen.
B.A. Bearacus
BearlyCareAnymore
blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

The Trump supporter believes that a man who routinely denies science; doesn't read or get briefed; and just learned that the flu kills over 25,000 a year is ALSO the bold leader who is setting well-informed public health policy like no other president or administration could--and that any failure to protect American lives is not the result of his ignorance, narcissism, self-interest, budget cuts, or lack of expertise-based governance, but simply a Dem hoax.

This entire presidency is just a huge mass of people wanting to feel like they still have a place in the world by having a president who reflects who they are back at them: ignorant, inarticulate, uneducated, and bigoted. So glad it is they who are shaping the nationand allowing the criminals to do business with impunity behind the MAGA smokescreen.

I'm wondering when Trump will realize the primary at risk population is made up of his voters
blungld
OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

I'm wondering when Trump will realize the primary at risk population is made up of his voters
I'm wondering when America has their eye-opening moment and realizes that the "infectious disease" that is the Coronavirus is a perfect metaphor for Trumpism, and the man's response to it a perfect testimony to his 3 years of incompetency, lies, and criminal negligence to the oath of office.
Golden One
blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

I'm wondering when America has their eye-opening moment and realizes that the "infectious disease" that is the Coronavirus is a perfect metaphor for Trumpism, and the man's response to it a perfect testimony to his 3 years of incompetency, lies, and criminal negligence to the oath of office.
You must be having a bad dream. Whatever you think about Trump, his response to the corona virus has been outstanding--swift and comprehensive. And he is being advised by the world's leading epidemiologists and infectious disease experts. What would you do differently?
bearister
Golden One said:

....Whatever you think about Trump, his response to the corona virus has been outstanding--swift and comprehensive

Trump is failing the leadership test on coronavirus (opinion) - CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/29/opinions/trump-failing-leadership-test-coronavirus-opinion-lockhart/index.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/02/29/opinions/trump-failing-leadership-test-coronavirus-opinion-lockhart/index.html

US may pay price of Trump's ignorance on global health (Opinion) - CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/24/opinions/trump-us-coronavirus-prepared-clinton-sridhar/index.html
oski003
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coronavirus-is-a-deadly-threat-%e2%80%94-but-fear-and-panic-are-more-dangerous-global-health-chief-says/ar-BB10EaAQ
B.A. Bearacus
oski003 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coronavirus-is-a-deadly-threat-%e2%80%94-but-fear-and-panic-are-more-dangerous-global-health-chief-says/ar-BB10EaAQ

You shared a link without any detail except in the URL itself. Here is the gist of the article: "Stigma, to be honest, is more dangerous than the virus itself. Fear and panic are dangerous."

Your concern for Chinese and Asian Americans getting unfairly attacked is a type of opinion I haven't heard you share on here, but is cool to hear from you. That was your point, right?
Unit2Sucks
Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

You must be having a bad dream. Whatever you think about Trump, his response to the corona virus has been outstanding--swift and comprehensive. And he is being advised by the world's leading epidemiologists and infectious disease experts. What would you do differently?

I'm not a public health expert with the caliber of expertise of Pence or Trump, and I'm just spitballing here, but I would start by actually testing people. The fact that Trump claimed victory when we haven't even begun large scale tests is naive. I read we've only tested 4500 people as of this weekend. China is testing 1.6 million per week.

What has Trump done right other than limit travel?
Eastern Oregon Bear
Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

For starters, believe what the epidemiologists and infectious disease experts are telling me and act upon their recommendations. Ramp up testing for the virus in people with the symptoms. We've only tested about 500 people so far? Inexcusable. Get proper protective gear for the medical people and first responders. I can't believe we sent people out to meet the plane load of exposed people from China with no protection from the virus.
Golden One
Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

I'm not a public health expert with the caliber of expertise of Pence or Trump, and I'm just spitballing here, but I would start by actually testing people. The fact that Trump claimed victory when we haven't even begun large scale tests is naive. I read we've only tested 4500 people as of this weekend. China is testing 1.6 million per week.

What has Trump done right other than limit travel?
Your lack of awareness is telling. Large scale testing is now underway. Limiting travel very early in this saga (January 2020) is a key to minimizing the ability of the virus to crossinto our country.

Let me give you a little reminder of history. In 2009 President Obama (your messiah) was faced with a similar crisis due to the H1-N1 virus. Before he took the steps Trump has already taken (including a travel ban), Obama waited 6 months, by which time there were already 20,000 Americans hospitalized and 1,000 Americans dead. Don't led your TDS color your ability to reason and think rationally.
Golden One
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Golden One said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

blungld said:

OaktownBear said:

dimitrig said:

For starters, believe what the epidemiologists and infectious disease experts are telling me and act upon their recommendations. Ramp up testing for the virus in people with the symptoms. We've only tested about 500 people so far? Inexcusable. Get proper protective gear for the medical people and first responders. I can't believe we sent people out to meet the plane load of exposed people from China with no protection from the virus.
Trump has done and is doing exactly what you suggest in your post. You should stop believing the propaganda being put out by the Democrats and their many news outlets.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.