Coronavirus vs Trump

252,260 Views | 2120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
Eastern Oregon Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bobodeluxe said:

Portions of the US military endorses deep state Librul conspiracies!

Great Leader, protect us from this hoax!
Don't worry. Most of the sailors aren't senior citizens with underlying medical conditions. They'll be OK after a few days of illness. We can't let this <insert geographical reference here> virus hysteria degrade the robustness of our military prowess.
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Bobodeluxe
The latest from tRumplikin' minions:

McConnell claims impeachment 'diverted the attention' of Trump administration from coronavirus response
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Tuesday that the impeachment of President Trump distracted the administration's attention away from the coronavirus crisis, defending the president amid criticism of the delayed U.S. response to the pandemic.
In an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt, McConnell blamed the Democratic-led impeachment effort, even though Trump was acquitted by the Senate on Feb. 5 more than three weeks before the first coronavirus death in the United States.
"It came up while we were, you know, tied down in the impeachment trial," McConnell told Hewitt. "And I think it diverted the attention of the government, because everything, every day, was all about impeachment."

BearNIt
Bobodeluxe said:

McConnell claims impeachment 'diverted the attention' of Trump administration from coronavirus response
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Tuesday that the impeachment of President Trump distracted the administration's attention away from the coronavirus crisis, defending the president amid criticism of the delayed U.S. response to the pandemic.
In an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt, McConnell blamed the Democratic-led impeachment effort, even though Trump was acquitted by the Senate on Feb. 5 more than three weeks before the first coronavirus death in the United States.
"It came up while we were, you know, tied down in the impeachment trial," McConnell told Hewitt. "And I think it diverted the attention of the government, because everything, every day, was all about impeachment."

So is McConnell trying to say that the fearless leader is incapable of walking and chewing gum? Surely because of his superior intellect, his great wealth of knowledge, and the fact that that the Trump administration axed the executive branch team responsible for coordinating a response to a pandemic and did not replace it gives him the cover to push the narrative that he was too busy with the impeachment trial to make sure that the country was safe from a pandemic. It's probably because no one ever warned him that COVID 19 was coming to the states and could kill many people. When you refuse to acknowledge the seriousness of a coming pandemic, you should lose the right to make excuses to cover your ass or say you are doing a fantastic job. You should get out of the way and let the FREAKIN professionals handle it so you don't look like a TWATT!
chazzed
Makes sense. I mean, it's impossible to multitask on the job. No employer would dare require such a thing from employees. Additionally, it's not like the president has the option of delegating responsibilities to experts
Big C
Bobodeluxe said:

Another jiu-jitsu communication tactic from the Republican Talking Points Factory. This one has potential to be one of the main planks in their platform at all levels this fall.

Sadly, it sounds like it could resonate with a significant minority of the population.
GBear4Life
dimitrig
GBear4Life said:

This is the current state of Florida:

GBear4Life
dimitrig said:

GBear4Life said:

This is the current state of Florida:

One's looting and endangering their community.

The other is effectively an ad campaign about fighting obesity.

You're embarrassing
bearister
...and from the Why is it That tRump Cannot Say or Do Anything that Surprises Me Dept:

BearChemist
bearister said:

...and from the Why is it That tRump Cannot Say or Do Anything that Surprises Me Dept:

Bet two Oski hairs on our RWNJ posters will ignore this post.

#snowflake
bearister
GBear4Life said:

I would probably lose my temper if I was there and get killed. My statement to them would be "show me your weapon." Sometimes the response to that is to shoot you. If they didn't have weapons, those two wouldn't put up much of a struggle. In many stores, someone would be mopping their brain tissue off of the floor in aisle # 5. Lots of merchants pack.
Anarchistbear
Was it a Whole Foods? Were they stealing locally grown sustainable organic produce? That's a double felony.
bearister
GBear4Life
bearister said:

I would probably lose my temper if I was there and get killed. My statement to them would be "show me your weapon." Sometimes the response to that is to shoot you. If they didn't have weapons, those two wouldn't put up much of a struggle. In many stores, someone would be mopping their brain tissue off of the floor in aisle # 5. Lots of merchants pack.
Yeah well it was a Walgreens. They knew nobody was packin'
GBear4Life
Anarchistbear said:

Was it a Whole Foods? Were they stealing locally grown sustainable organic produce? That's a double felony.
I read some Whole Foods employees were organizing a "call in sick" day today in efforts to demand more compensation and benefits
bearister
GBear4Life said:

Anarchistbear said:

I read some Whole Foods employees were organizing a "call in sick" day today in efforts to demand more compensation and benefits

I'm going tomorrow morning. I'll report.
GBear4Life
I also read Whole Foods isn't allowing employees to wear medical masks on the job. That apparently upset people.
sycasey
I'm pretty sure at big chains like Walgreens they instruct the employees not to try to take down shoplifters. The company is big enough that it can eat the lost merchandise and they'd rather not have people getting hurt on the job.
bearister
" Schmidt said, "The term you would use is dereliction of duty. That's what Donald Trump has been. He has been derelict in his duty since the beginning of this. And the reality is that the amount of misinformation that's come out of his mouth over the course of the last month, month and a half, in the end, has made this situation immeasurably worse. He displays every day all of the qualities that you do not want to see in any type of leader in a life and death circumstance. And so, we have an Alpha and an Omega of leadership virtues on display and in competition against each other in this country. We see the absolutely brilliant leadership of Governor Andrew Cuomo in the city of New York with compassion, with empathy, with knowledge, with facts. Somebody who has his hands around the deadly situation, is delivering tough news honestly. And then you see the 6 o'clock follies that play out in the briefing room where you see the grievance, the sense of self-injury, the self-pity, all of the qualities that are anathema to the iconography of American greatness and American heroism which fall throughout our entire history. There has never been a president more mismatched, more outmatched, more not rising to the occasion in a critical moment than Donald John Trump the middle of this historic crisis."

Schmidt: Trump Not Up to Virus Crisis at a 'Moral' or 'Mental' Level -- He Will Cause More Deaths

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/03/30/schmidt-trump-not-up-to-virus-crisis-at-a-moral-or-mental-level-he-will-cause-more-deaths/
GBear4Life
sycasey said:

I'm pretty sure at big chains like Walgreens they instruct the employees not to try to take down shoplifters. The company is big enough that it can eat the lost merchandise and they'd rather not have people getting hurt on the job.
Moreover, their money and merchandise is insured. But yeah if a store does not tell their employees not to intervene and they get hurt or die as a result of intervening, I think they can get sued.
okaydo

okaydo
Cave Bear
GBear4Life said:

FuzzyWuzzy said:

GBear4Life said:

Killing Bin Ladin was inconsequential except for our (somewhat rational) thirst for revenge. Terrorism is today what is today with or without Bin Ladin.

Maybe, maybe not. But it felt good anyway. Sorta like winning big game when both teams suck
I think the Bin Ladin killing is covered much differently under this Prez
Probably. I know for sure it would be presented much differently under this Prez:

sycasey
Cave Bear said:

GBear4Life said:

FuzzyWuzzy said:

GBear4Life said:

Killing Bin Ladin was inconsequential except for our (somewhat rational) thirst for revenge. Terrorism is today what is today with or without Bin Ladin.

Maybe, maybe not. But it felt good anyway. Sorta like winning big game when both teams suck
I think the Bin Ladin killing is covered much differently under this Prez
Probably. I know for sure it would be presented much differently under this Prez:
I'm not sure the current group would have actually been able to coordinate the operation effectively.
GBear4Life
The revenge killing of Bin Ladin is antithetical to the values I frequently hear domestically in our political discourse around crime, punishment, and specifically the death penalty.

I remember a lot of virtue signaling around one of the 9/11 masterminds (can't remember his name) getting a military tribunal rather than a trial. Let alone killing him.

Of course, I had zero problem with the Bin Ladin killing.
blungld
bearister said:

Remember: every person who dies is to blame themselves for being weak, or maybe a Democrat, or supporting impeachment, or living in a state where their governor did not kiss Trump's butt, or being a disposable member of the economy, or being old and having already paid the bulk of their lifetime taxes that need to go to corporations and the wealthy.

And WAY fewer will die than if Trump REALLY screwed up 100% (he stopped planes from China after all and what else is there to do other than that!) and we should be grateful he only screwed up 90% because he could have killed way way more people with TOTAL incompetence!

But some would say that his response has been perfect. I don't know who those people are, but they must be out there somewhere, maybe here on the message board? So that's sort of proof that this pandemic is both a hoax to be ignored AND a very serious threat that he has handled better than any other leader ever and should definitely be re-elected because no one else could do what he has done. On that last point, I would agree.
chazzed
bearister said:

Here is a good companion article for that tweet:
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/joseph-gerth/2020/03/31/mitch-mcconnell-admits-trump-mishandled-coronavirus-pandemic/5095995002/
bearister
Trump's Breakdown - POLITICO

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/04/01/trump-breakdown-threaten-sink-presidency-158321

" Trump emphatically has faced real opposition, and reveled in it, on his path to power. But he has met earlier chapters of adversity, in politics and business, with reliance on traits like bluster, defiance, implacable self-promotion that however unorthodox, served him quite well in the old context....

Now the context has changed but so farTrump has not, or to the extent he has tried it, has not lasted more than a few hours at a time....

.. The fact that Trump's style of boasting about himself and denouncing critics is thoroughly familiar is not necessarily reassuring when it is employed in circumstances that are radically unfamiliar....
... If there is any common trait of successful presidents, it is what Lippmann called "resiliency" the capacity for personal growth, for recalibration, and for principled improvisation in the face of new circumstances.

If there is any common trait of failed presidents, it is incapacity for growth, that reliance on old habits and thinking even when events demand the opposite."

Go!Bears
GBear4Life said:

Of course, I had zero problem with the Bin Ladin killing.
Sounds a lot like 'virtue signaling'. Hmmm.
bearister

okaydo

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/shameless-cnn-and-msnbc-cut-off-briefing-rip-trump-for-touting-anti-drug-trafficking-effort-during-coronavirus-update/

Quote:

At different points of Wednesday's White House press briefing on coronavirus, CNN and MSNBC not only cut away from the briefing but criticized President Donald Trump for today's big focus on U.S. efforts against drug trafficking.

The president said at one point, "As governments and nations focus on the coronavirus, there is a growing threat that cartels, criminals, terrorists, and other malign actors will try to exploit the situation for their own gain. And we must not let that happen. We will never let that happen. Today the United States is launching enhanced counter-narcotics operations in the Western hemisphere to protect the American people from the deadly scourge of illegal narcotics. We must not let the drug cartels exploit the pandemic to threaten American lives."

okaydo

bearister
okaydo said:

Who is trying to kill him? The fat wheezy f@ucks from his rallies and the Evangelical pastors in Louisiana and Florida?
okaydo
bearister said:

okaydo said:

Who is trying to kill him? The fat wheezy f@ucks from his rallies and the Evangelical pastors in Louisiana and Florida?

Trump is a cult leader. Anybody seriously trying to discredit the cult leader is a target. Heck, I remember when Jimmy Kimmel was a target because of a baby boy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.