Coronavirus vs Trump

230,427 Views | 2120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have no reason to doubt that sunlight and higher temperatures kill COVID on exposed surfaces, but that doesn't mean that the summer will reduce the effective R of COVID enough in and of itself to prevent the further spread of the virus without rigorous social distancing.

Perhaps if will help people who work outside and will make it safer for people to go to beaches, etc. but it's way too early to conclude that it will save us.

In other news, results from the first Remdesivir trial was disappointing. Had high hopes for it based on anecdotal data.

EDIT: For what it's worth to conservatives, Trump just said at his presser that we had to shut the country down and that had we not done so we would have lost over a million Americans and that we had no choice. So I'm not sure why so many conservatives have been speculating that the lock down was unnecessary and that the virus wasn't that deadly.
bearister
Trump Suggests Injecting Disinfectant to Kill Coronavirus

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-suggests-injecting-disinfectant-shining-uv-light-inside-patients-to-kill-coronavirus-in-bizarre-rambling-tangent/

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
calpoly
Unit2Sucks said:

I have no reason to doubt that sunlight and higher temperatures kill COVID on exposed surfaces, but that doesn't mean that the summer will reduce the effective R of COVID enough in and of itself to prevent the further spread of the virus without rigorous social distancing.

Perhaps if will help people who work outside and will make it safer for people to go to beaches, etc. but it's way too early to conclude that it will save us.

In other news, results from the first Remdesivir trial was disappointing. Had high hopes for it based on anecdotal data.

EDIT: For what it's worth to conservatives, Trump just said at his presser that we had to shut the country down and that had we not done so we would have lost over a million Americans and that we had no choice. So I'm not sure why so many conservatives have been speculating that the lock down was unnecessary and that the virus wasn't that deadly.
Don't try to make sense of conservative logic. It changes on the nano-second scale.
calpoly
bearister said:

Trump Suggests Injecting Disinfectant to Kill Coronavirus

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-suggests-injecting-disinfectant-shining-uv-light-inside-patients-to-kill-coronavirus-in-bizarre-rambling-tangent/

Remember when the idiot in charge suggested that we should blow-up a nuclear war head in a hurricane to diminish it strength? He has not clue!
okaydo
NYCGOBEARS
This Cal alumnae attorney is brilliant. Read this long but important thread.

bearister
The people that are actually impaired enough to believe anything tRump says have made this warning necessary:

The parent company of Lysol and another disinfectant warned Friday that its products should not be used as an internal treatment for the coronavirus after President Donald Trump wondered about the prospect during a White House briefing.

https://abc7news.com/health/dont-inject-disinfectants-lysol-warns-as-trump-raises-idea/6126705/

.....because this is what happened last time tRump gave medical advice:

Man Drank Fish Tank Cleaner, Dies As Trump Touts Chloroquine

https://www.thecut.com/2020/03/man-drank-fish-tank-cleaner-dies-as-trump-touts-chloroquine.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecut.com/amp/2020/03/man-drank-fish-tank-cleaner-dies-as-trump-touts-chloroquine.html
smh
bearister said:

.....because this is what happened last time tRump gave medical advice..
evolution in action. spoiler: everybody dies.
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
bearister
smh said:

bearister said:

What line would tRump have to cross to have the lads initiate 25th Amendment removal procedures?

BearlyCareAnymore
smh said:

bearister said:

I hear a gun shot to the head reduces chances of dying of Covid
smh
bearister said:

> What line would tRump have to cross to have the lads initiate 25th Amendment removal procedures?

even T 24/7 naked snorting fruit loops on every channel, shoot, impeachment is off the table this close to nov.
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
bearister
Trevor Noah: Trump 'seems to think of chaos as an essential service'

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/apr/24/trevor-noah-trump-coronavirus-stephen-colbert-jimmy-kimmel?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
MSaviolives
This is fantastic (but of course he was actually being sarcastic)

MSaviolives
NYCGOBEARS
okaydo
Hey! Trump got my letter.

BearNIt
NYCGOBEARS said:

Science is hard.
NYCGOBEARS
going4roses
Holy shhh she has a look of disbelief on her face
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
BearForce2
NYCGOBEARS said:

And this is everything wrong with the Democrats in one tweet.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus
Go!Bears
BearForce2 said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

It describes you pretty well, doesn't it?
BearForce2
Go!Bears said:

BearForce2 said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

You have the honor of being affiliated with the party of slavery.
chazzed
You may want to join us in 2020. Your party is now the party of fighting unjust wars, treason, cozying up to dictators, and separating children from their parents. Or, has your esteemed leader not taught you that times change? Way back, disgruntled Democrats became part of the solution to slavery as they helped found the Republican Party. The only thing preventing you from doing something similar is an overdeveloped sense of tribalism, most likely.
B.A. Bearacus
Results of a recent poll are in. Participants were asked: Which American most deserves to follow their own nationally televised advice to consume bleach, Lysol, and hydroxychloroquine?

100% of respondents said "Donald John T." (Number of individuals polled: 1).

Bobodeluxe
Sticks and stones, ...

but oligarchs run the country.
bearister
The tough guy finally has to admit he is a whiny little bi@tch:

B.A. Bearacus
Alex:
bearister
Under the Risk/Reward Test it is well worth the risk of these graduates contracting COVID 19 so that they can experience the reward of hearing the inspiring words of Cadet Bone Spurs.
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearForce2 said:

Go!Bears said:

BearForce2 said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

I suspect that at some point it should be accepted that the members of the pro slavery wing of the Democratic Party have been dead for at least 100 years.
sycasey
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

BearForce2 said:

Go!Bears said:

BearForce2 said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

I suspect that at some point it should be accepted that the members of the pro slavery wing of the Democratic Party have been dead for at least 100 years.
And also that it has been well-documented that the remaining racist southern white vote jumped ship for the Republican Party (at the behest of Nixon's campaign) after LBJ pushed Civil Rights legislation through.
BearForce2

BearForce2 said:

Go!Bears said:

BearForce2 said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

I give you credit for acknowledging the facts. This is suppressed knowledge, they don't teach it in schools for a reason.
Go!Bears
BearForce2 said:

Go!Bears said:

BearForce2 said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

Wow. I am impressed. That may be the most ignorant thing you have said yet. You are hitting new highs. The sky appears to be the limit.
BearForce2
sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

Go!Bears said:

BearForce2 said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

And also that it has been well-documented that the remaining racist southern white vote jumped ship for the Republican Party (at the behest of Nixon's campaign) after LBJ pushed Civil Rights legislation through.

Eisenhower(R) supported the Supreme Court Brown vs Board decision and sent troops to Little Rock to force integration in 1957.

LBJ (D) pushed the Civil Rights Act but interestingly, these were his own words:
LBJ quote

Of the 21 racist white Democrat congressmen from the south (Dixiecrats) who opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, all remained Democrats or were replaced by other Democrats, only one switched to the GOP (Strom Thurmond).

Republicans didn't hold a majority of southern congressional seats until 1994 (Clinton, a southern democrat was president), in other words, it took 30 years after the Civil Rights Act for all these white racists to switch to the Republican Party?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.