Coronavirus vs Trump

254,239 Views | 2120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The entire Administration: Trial in a soccer stadium.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
bearister
Trump's company CLOSES Mar-a-Lago, fires staff, shutters golf courses

https://mol.im/a/8136571

Has daddy clued Ivanka in yet that she may no longer be able to afford the tenting material for her backyard adventures during quarantine?

B.A. Bearacus

B.A. Bearacus
T at CV-19 presser, not T rally, refers to "Sleepy Joe Biden." Please understand that he will never be impressive.
B.A. Bearacus
Portions of Twitter thread found below:

Rosen: "Another way to put it: the questions proceed in linear way, but when they are put to Trump the lying and disinformation increase exponentially. And remember, our aim is to increase the supply of reliable information and slow the spread of falsehood and strategic distraction. 9/"
BearChemist
Why did Trump ceremonially activate DPA but not having industry manufacturing medical supplies, instead his administration is doing this:

chazzed
Absolutely frightening.
bearister
Like O.J., I have no doubt that tRump could pass a lie detector test.
B.A. Bearacus
Big C
bearister said:

Like O.J., I have no doubt that tRump could pass a lie detector test.

like in "Outliers" where Gladwell wrote that you get really good at something when you've had 10,000 hours of practice
B.A. Bearacus
Next president out with a couple good videos today:

dimitrig

I have family in Alabama, where day cares are still open as long as there are 12 or fewer kids per room (smh)

This is how their local newspaper reports on the pandemic:

"The virus causes only mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough, for most people. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia. The vast majority of people recover."

It's not a lie, but there is a definite slant that is not helpful. This is why people headed to Florida for spring break.
Big C
Alabama: 131 cases so far. Zero recoveries (so they're early on the curve). No deaths (yet). Likely to be a lot of asymptomatic transmissions from the day cares. Are their schools still open, too? Their elderly population likely has a lot of underlying conditions. Will be interesting. Roll Tide.
okaydo
dimitrig
Big C said:

Alabama: 131 cases so far. Zero recoveries (so they're early on the curve). No deaths (yet). Likely to be a lot of asymptomatic transmissions from the day cares. Are their schools still open, too? Their elderly population likely has a lot of underlying conditions. Will be interesting. Roll Tide.

Yes they finally closed schools on Thursday March 19th although some districts closed on Monday March 16th.

At first the governor ordered day cares to close, too, but then she backed down off of it.

Also still open: hair, nail, massage, and tattoo business

B.A. Bearacus
Head of FEMA confirming here that T is lying to us:

bearister

okaydo

NYCGOBEARS
okaydo said:

Karma is a mean beeotch.
bearister
Trump admits coronavirus is 'hurting' his family business and won't rule out cash bailout to keep it afloat The US Sun

https://www.the-sun.com/news/572160/trump-coronavirus-hurting-hotels-hundreds-fired-mar-a-lago-closed/

...hopefully the $250 billion Crime Family net from stock market manipulation and insider trading will help them bail out their business....but then again they may not want to spend their "own" money to do that.
Yogi17
dimitrig said:

Big C said:

Yes they finally closed schools on Thursday March 19th although some districts closed on Monday March 16th.

At first the governor ordered day cares to close, too, but then she backed down off of it.

Tattoo? LOL.
Big C
dimitrig said:

Big C said:

Unfortunately, their numbers are likely to soar next week.
bearister

*Did they administer a separate test to the creature on top of his head or did it drown in the pool?
Anarchistbear
Perfect time to call a joint session of Congress to deal with this crisis.
bearister

Query: If tRump is a wartime POTUS is he subject to court martial and the summary carrying out of the judgment in the field?
B.A. Bearacus
100% of BI posters will say "Gee, that's too bad" when T gets it.

Unit2Sucks
FiatLux - I'm having trouble understanding how all of the conspiracy theories you believe in fit together. You don't think COVID-19 is anything to worry about but you still want us to be really mad at China and WHO because they lied to us?

And to what do you attribute all of the overwhelmed healthcare facilities in NY and WA?

On the one hand you have a person who has lied to us about literally everything a president can lie about and on the other hand we have a cavalcade of reputable public health officials who are worried and recommending we take drastic measures to limit the spread of this virus. It's not hard to figure out who to listen to right now.
okaydo
B.A. Bearacus said:

Portions of Twitter thread found below:

Rosen: "Another way to put it: the questions proceed in linear way, but when they are put to Trump the lying and disinformation increase exponentially. And remember, our aim is to increase the supply of reliable information and slow the spread of falsehood and strategic distraction. 9/"

Was going to start a senate thread on this, but yep. He's one of those movie monsters that's really difficult to take down.

PBS' American Experience recently had a documentary on McCarthy, and sure there were a lot of parallels to Trump. But the astonishing thing to me was the ending when (spoiler) after he dided his body lay in state in the Capital rotunda and his constituents still thought he was a great man.

okaydo

bearister
"It's not hard to figure out who to listen to right now."
For starters mute your TV every time tRump speaks. My mother taught me that I had nothing to learn from a liar. In depositions when a witness made an admission that he had made untrue statement on a prior occasion we used to follow up with: "Is there some kind of signal you can give me when you are telling the truth as opposed to when you are lying? (yes, the objection to that question is ARGUMENTATIVE).
okaydo
Trump has the inability to not be a d*ck.

bearister
okaydo said:

PBS' American Experience recently had a documentary on McCarthy, and sure there were a lot of parallels to Trump. But the astonishing thing to me was the ending when (spoiler) after he dided his body lay in state in the Capital rotunda and his constituents still thought he was a great man.

"The urge to overstate, to overdramatize, to dominate the news, could be costly, and so it proved to be for McCarthy. The Wisconsin senator, Cohn said, was essentially a salesman. 'He was selling the story of America's peril,' Cohn recalled. 'He knew that he could never hope to convince anybody by delivering a dry, general accounting office type of presentation. In consequence, he stepped up circumstances a notch or two' and in so doing he opened himself to attacks that proved fatal. He oversold, and the customers, the public, tired of the pitch, and the pitchman." Roy Cohn (tRump's mentor) on Senator Joe McCarthy (Jon Meacham, The Soul of America, Ch. 6, pp.202-203)
sycasey
okaydo said:

Trump has the inability to not be a d*ck.

Trump definitely would have called him Rachel McAdams.
okaydo
https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-is-donald-trump-as-scary-as-the-coronavirus-because-he-cant-change

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.