Coronavirus vs Trump

229,962 Views | 2120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

bearister
okaydo said:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Go!Bears
okaydo said:

Pence is fascinating, but I think I see how he does it. He is millions of miles away, in his mind.
dimitrig
bearister said:

okaydo said:

He thinks he is being clever when he is just showing us the inner workings of his brain:

chazzed
More than 7000 Americans dead from the pandemic, the economy in shambles, and foremost on Trump's mind? The firing of Captain Crozier, who had to beg for help for the infected sailors on his ship and IG Atkinson, who exposed Trump's high crimes and misdemeanors.
Yogi04
chazzed said:

More than 7000 Americans dead from the pandemic, the economy in shambles, and foremost on Trump's mind? The firing of Captain Crozier, who had to beg for help for the infected sailors on his ship and IG Atkinson, who exposed Trump's high crimes and misdemeanors.
Went to high school with Brett
bearister
430,000 People Have Traveled From China to U.S. Since Coronavirus Surfaced - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/us/coronavirus-china-travel-restrictions.html

How science finally caught up with Trump's playbook with millions of lives at stake

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/04/trump-coronavirus-science-analysis?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
NYCGOBEARS
dimitrig

I just don't understand this partisan divide. "[P]eople who voted for Trump in the 2016 election are around 30% more likely to die from the coronavirus than Democrats. In some swing states from the 2016 election, such as Pennsylvania, if the coronavirus were to run wild, this effect alone could have wiped out up to 30% of the gap between Republicans and Democrats in the 2016 election."

LACalFan
bearister
Residing in the Alternate Fact Universe has become deadly.
NYCGOBEARS
bearister said:

Residing in the Alternate Fact Universe has become deadly.

It always was.
NYCGOBEARS
Yeah, I know what you mean.
NYCGOBEARS
Go!Bears
dimitrig said:

I just don't understand this partisan divide. "[P]eople who voted for Trump in the 2016 election are around 30% more likely to die from the coronavirus than Democrats. In some swing states from the 2016 election, such as Pennsylvania, if the coronavirus were to run wild, this effect alone could have wiped out up to 30% of the gap between Republicans and Democrats in the 2016 election."
What I don't understand is politicians and media outlets willing to sacrifice their own constituencies for Trump's pride. This is going to bite them in the butt. Their voters are unprotected and hence more likely to suffer. That suffering will affect entire communities who will look for someone to blame. It is hard to see how that someone is not Trump and his enablers.
LACalFan
NYCGOBEARS said:

Yeah, I know what you mean.
I had to edit myself. It's so damn frustrating and depressing.
AunBear89
I think this is called "culling the herd" - it's tragic, but not at all surprising.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
LACalFan
AunBear89 said:

I think this is called "culling the herd" - it's tragic, but not at all surprising.
The problem is their ignorance isn't just harming themselves; it's putting everyone in jeopardy.
okaydo
dimitrig said:

I don't follow Chuck Woolery on Twitter. But a Washington Post reporter I follow tweeted the following 2 tweets into my timeline.

Click on any of the 2 following links to see the comments and you can see the current right-wing mindset (and understand why Fauci needs security).

Or also click here.

bearister
bearister
Trump Veers Off to Attack Ukraine Whistleblower at Coronavirus Briefing

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-rages-at-critics-at-coronavirus-press-conference

*Since tRump views himself as a war time POTUS, it truly is a gross injustice that he is not subject to being tried before a military tribunal for Dereliction of Duty and with all the appropriate war time penalties that come with a conviction on that charge.
dimitrig
bearister said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-rages-at-critics-at-coronavirus-press-conference

*Since tRump views himself as a war time POTUS, it truly is a gross injustice that he is not subject to being tried before a military tribunal for Dereliction of Duty and with all the appropriate war time penalties that come with a conviction on that charge.

Mitch McConnell will go down as the greatest traitor in US history for allowing this to happen. I hope he rots in hell.
going4roses
bad business
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
B.A. Bearacus
going4roses
if he has given up hope ...
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
okaydo
okaydo
dimitrig said:

bearister said:

Mitch McConnell will go down as the greatest traitor in US history for allowing this to happen. I hope he rots in hell.

This is the best article on McConnell from 1 year ago.

https://newrepublic.com/article/153275/mitch-mcconnell-profile-nihilist-chief
okaydo
okaydo

okaydo
OdontoBear66
okaydo said:

He is looking very, very good right now. Has a podium presence like Kennedy and Clinton and gives every impression of being a stand up guy. He will be a major player on the national scene as soon as the opportunity presents (yes, future President, unless he screws up along the way).
bearister
When asked by George Stephanopoulos just now about the January 3, CIA assessment about COVID 19 outbreak in China, Defense Secretary Esper responded, "I don't recall that,"and then pivoted into the full duckspeak patting the Administration on the back rapid fire canned propaganda speech we hear at tRump's daily pressies. After George let Esper talk himself out and wind down like a robot, he re asked his question about the early CIA assessment report. This time Esper responded, "I am not aware of that."

As I said before, it makes me sick at heart that this current government crew is not subjected to charges of Dereliction of Duty, prosecution by a military tribunal, and with appropriate war time penalties if convicted.
Yogi04
OdontoBear66 said:

okaydo said:

He is looking very, very good right now. Has a podium presence like Kennedy and Clinton and gives every impression of being a stand up guy. He will be a major player on the national scene as soon as the opportunity presents (yes, future President, unless he screws up along the way).
I don't trust any politician trying to make political hay for themselves out of this crisis. And my memory is not so short to forget his tenure as mayor of San Francisco.
bearister
Rahm Emanuel just now on George S. show:

"Some day this will be studied at Harvard Business School regarding what not to do in a crisis."
bearister
Professor Henry Higgins said:

OdontoBear66 said:

okaydo said:

I don't trust any politician trying to make political hay for themselves out of this crisis. And my memory is not so short to forget his tenure as mayor of San Francisco.

What are your suggestions for how Governor Newsom should have handled the state's response to the crisis and his communication to the citizenry so that he wasn't "making political hay" for himself? IMHO the "political hay" of which you speak is a natural by product of a job well done, but by no means perfect, by the Governor's own admission.

To Donald Trump, coronavirus is just one more chance for a power grab

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/04/donald-trump-coronavirus-power-grab?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.