Coronavirus vs Trump

254,614 Views | 2120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Yogi04
Never heard of them, but then I don't go looking for RWNJ news. I only hear about it when the jackasses in this forum quote them.
NYCGOBEARS
This confirms many of my suspicions re Cuomo and De Blasio. We were too late.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/nyregion/new-york-coronavirus-response-delays.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage
OdontoBear66
NYCGOBEARS said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/nyregion/new-york-coronavirus-response-delays.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage
There is a lot of blame to go around in a lot of places. In spite of however their efforts are ultimately judged, I think all the things most of us love about NYC set it up uniquely for this disaster. Stay healthy and strong NYCGOBEARS.
NYCGOBEARS
OdontoBear66 said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

There is a lot of blame to go around in a lot of places. In spite of however their efforts are ultimately judged, I think all the things most of us love about NYC set it up uniquely for this disaster. Stay healthy and strong NYCGOBEARS.

Thank you for your kind words. Stay safe yourself.
Yogi04
NYCGOBEARS said:

Still glad he's your governor?
NYCGOBEARS
Professor Henry Higgins said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

Still glad he's your governor?

At this moment, yes.
chazzed
The most transparent administration ever strikes again:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/hospitals-feds-seizing-masks-other-210748808.html
dajo9
Nobody in the East knows who Gavin Newsom is. That's what the polling reflects.

I'm in Northern New Jersey which is, as always even in a pandemic, a suburb of New York. What New York gets a lot, we get some of.

Cuomo seems to be on TV a lot. Too much for my comfort level for a Governor in a crisis. Our Governor, Murphy seems to be doing a fine job. But Newsom seems to be a real star emerging. Getting real success in California, sharing what he can with other states, only going on TV sometimes, reasonably so. I'm excited for Newsom's future.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
NYCGOBEARS
dajo9 said:

I'm in Northern New Jersey which is, as always even in a pandemic, a suburb of New York. What New York gets a lot, we get some of.

Cuomo seems to be on TV a lot. Too much for my comfort level for a Governor in a crisis. Our Governor, Murphy seems to be doing a fine job. But Newsom seems to be a real star emerging. Getting real success in California, sharing what he can with other states, only going on TV sometimes, reasonably so. I'm excited for Newsom's future.

Agreed.
bearister

I hope Barr follows his own macho advice. At a minimum of 50 pounds overweight, that 10 pounds of sh@it in a 5 pound bag will drop like the diseased morally bankrupt elephant he is if he gets the virus.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
NYCGOBEARS
bearister said:

I hope Barr follows his own macho advice. At a minimum of 50 pounds overweight, that 10 pounds of sh@it in a 5 pound bag will drop like the diseased morally bankrupt elephant he is if he gets the virus.

Barr looks exactly like the Grinch that stole democracy in that photo.
bearister
That is an outstanding call, NYCGOBEARS. May God Bless you and your loved ones.

NYCGOBEARS
Yogi04
dajo9 said:

Cuomo seems to be on TV a lot. Too much for my comfort level for a Governor in a crisis. Our Governor, Murphy seems to be doing a fine job. But Newsom seems to be a real star emerging. Getting real success in California, sharing what he can with other states, only going on TV sometimes, reasonably so I'm excited for Newsom's future.
I'm excited for whatever scandals he gets into as governor. I feel like he's off the pace after SF mayor.

Virtue signalling rich Democrat = ******* who doesn't care about doing anything for you.
Yogi04
NYCGOBEARS said:

London Breed who endorsed Mike Bloomberg?

What a leader!
NYCGOBEARS

NYCGOBEARS said:

What a leader!

You are the stereotype.
Yogi04
NYCGOBEARS said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

What a leader!

Are you the stereotype that the right hates? Maybe.
I liked your first version better before the edit
NYCGOBEARS

NYCGOBEARS said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

What a leader!

Of course you did. Do you not have a pragmatic bone?
Yogi04
NYCGOBEARS said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

What a leader!

Anyone who looks at the response to this crisis and doesn't conclude that we are completely ****ed on both sides of the aisle is kidding themselves.
NYCGOBEARS

NYCGOBEARS said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

What a leader!

Anyone who looks at the response to this crisis and doesn't conclude that we are completely ****ed on both sides of the aisle is kidding themselves.

Who are you telling? I now know multiple people who have died from this. I want solutions, not ideology.
Eastern Oregon Bear
NYCGOBEARS said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

What a leader!

Of course he doesn't. He'll whine and pout about Bernie through November and beyond. On the bright side, we'll get to sneer about his being a Trump voter just like he's been doing to others for the last 12-18 months.
Unit2Sucks
NYCGOBEARS said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

What a leader!

Who are you telling? I now know multiple people who have died from this. I want solutions, not ideology.
Sorry for your losses NYC. Sending you positive vibes and hope you can make it through safely.
BearlyCareAnymore

NYCGOBEARS said:

What a leader!
I fully understand your frustration with the political side of things, but at the end of the day the responsibilities of politicians we elect to executive positions like Mayor and Governor are about 10% political issues and 90% the practical business of running the city or state they govern in. I don't know much about London Breed. Didn't know she endorsed Bloomberg. I think Bloomberg is an ass who is completely unacceptable as a democratic candidate for anything. I'm happy to rip London Breed for endorsing Bloomberg. I'm happy to rip Newsom for being a political opportunist. But neither of those things have a bearing on leadership they provided in a particular situation. There is no question that Breed showed leadership in this case, as did the mayor of Oakland and the county health departments. Newsom followed suit (and showed enough leadership to, unlike New York, realize that we had a buffoon in the White House and that we could not count on the federal government for anything and beat all the other states to the punch in getting necessary supplies to get through this). As the region with the first identified case of community spread in the country, we are looking good right now and it is largely due to their efforts. At this point, it looks like they saved our asses and whether I ever cast a vote for them or whether I agree with them on other issues, they have my gratitude for how they have handled this crisis.

GBear4Life
I was living in SF when Newsom was mayor. It was clear to me that he had mass appeal as a politician, very likable, and that him running for president was inevitable. I'd be bet a large pot of $ he's the Dem candidate in 2024/28. There are a handful of political issues that are non-starters for me, but he certainly has a lot of "presidential" qualities. Intelligent, articulate, and contrary to what many believe, I do think he's sincere. He believes what he believes. Infidelity aside, I think he has a relatively principled moral core, even if I reject some of them (politically).
Unit2Sucks
The more we learn, the more it is confirmed that this was an epic bungling by the Trump administration. They ignored years of intelligence briefings and had numerous opportunities to do something to slow this down but decided to wait until it was quite obviously too late because Trump.

Here's an article that quotes and includes the 2017 pandemic plan and and ABC News article referencing intelligence warnings for COVID dating back to November. This was not an intelligence failure, as Trump will claim in a desperate attempt to deflect blame, this was a failure by an administration that has contempt for intelligence and should be a lesson to America as to what happens when you choose a conman demagogue who challenges our institutions for all the wrong reasons.

Republicans led 6 congressional investigations for Benghazi (and there were 4 others), a horrible incident that cost 4 Americans their lives. Yet Republicans will say that there is no need to look into the numerous missteps the administration made in failing to mitigate against COVID-19 and will want to help Trump find a scapegoat. RWNJs will of course join along in a chorus of talking points.

sycasey

NYCGOBEARS said:

What a leader!
It's amazing that you don't realize how empty this kind of criticism seems in a moment like this.

It also has literally nothing to do with her performance on the COVID crisis.
bearister

Looks like tRump is circling the wagons and plugging the holes.

okaydo

Yogi04
sycasey said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

What a leader!
It's amazing that you don't realize how empty this kind of criticism seems in a moment like this.

And then there's this:
https://www.sfchronicle.com/local-politics/article/SF-corruption-probe-Mayor-London-Breed-dated-15056830.php
sycasey

sycasey said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

What a leader!

And then there's this:
https://www.sfchronicle.com/local-politics/article/SF-corruption-probe-Mayor-London-Breed-dated-15056830.php
Yawn.
GBear4Life
Breed is terrible. Can't say how she's doing on COVID, but she is a typical SF mayor like many before her.
Yogi04
sycasey said:

sycasey said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

S

What a leader!

And then there's this:
Yawn.

So then I guess you're saying if Trump had really handled the COVID crisis well that it would have excused all the other bad things that he'd done because all that matters is just laser focusing in on this one aspect of his administration to the exclusion of everything else?
BearlyCareAnymore

sycasey said:

sycasey said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

S

What a leader!

And then there's this:
Yawn.

So then I guess you're saying if Trump had really handled the COVID crisis well that it would have excused all the other bad things that he'd done because all that matters is just laser focusing in on this one aspect of his administration to the exclusion of everything else?
What we are saying, Prof, is that if she deserves praise for her handling of COVID, she deserves praise for it. The topic wasn't London Breed's possible corruption or her endorsement of Bloomberg. It wasn't whether she was a candidate people should vote for. It was how she handled this issue. She deserves credit for it. At the point this becomes a discussion of who to vote for or her general qualifications, your points are relevant. But that wasn't the conversation. I wouldn't tell anyone in SF that they should vote for London Breed because 1. It's really none of my business; and 2. I wouldn't know. But she deserves credit. Personally, I think the Bay Area has handled the crisis better than any region in the country and she deserves credit for her part in that.
bearister

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.