OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

487,655 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
sp4149
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

Money laundering charges can be brought under state laws and there is no POTUS pardon power. Go Bags are being packed and destinations off grid being readied. Veneered teeth are chattering and banshee wailing flowing.

This is the end, beautiful friend
This is the end, my only friend, the end
Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
I'll never look into your eyes, again..
-Jim Morrison
I wonder what the state of New York will rename Trump Tower,
seized under RICO authority?

Back last May,
FBI Runs RICO RAID on GOP Firm in Annapolis MD for money laundering
Connected to Page and Manafort.
All quiet since,
Ticking time bomb?
bearister
Fawlty Towers?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
"There was no collusion. No one colluded. What we know for sure is there was no colluding. There was not even a shred of colluductivity. Never even any colludeness. I knew collude. Collude was a friend of mine. This is no collude."
Donald J. tRump, January 20, 2018.
BearNIt
sp4149 said:

bearister said:

Money laundering charges can be brought under state laws and there is no POTUS pardon power. Go Bags are being packed and destinations off grid being readied. Veneered teeth are chattering and banshee wailing flowing.

This is the end, beautiful friend
This is the end, my only friend, the end
Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
I'll never look into your eyes, again..
-Jim Morrison
I wonder what the state of New York will rename Trump Tower,
seized under RICO authority?

Back last May,
FBI Runs RICO RAID on GOP Firm in Annapolis MD for money laundering
Connected to Page and Manafort.
All quiet since,
Ticking time bomb?
IMO it's just a matter of time before someone will testify against Trump with direct knowledge of efforts to obstruct and money laundering. Flynn? Papadopoulos? Deutscthe Bank? Bannon? Somebody knows something and needs immunity.
BearDevil
Jared's issues with money laundering are independent of the Trumps. Trump base hates immigration, so Jared becomes an even bigger political liability if it goes on trial since his family was pimping foreign visas on the sly to attract much needed foreign capital for one of their failing projects.

Any potential Trump money laundering started well before January 2017, so Papa will go down with Uday, Qusay, and Ivanka. If there truly were money laundering, Javanka will flip since they don't want their kids to have both parents in jail.
bearister
Jared's attorney's are working up a novel DNA Compelled Me to Commit the Crime and Destroyed My Scienter defense.
BearChemist
http://www.businessinsider.com/read-fusion-gps-glenn-simpson-interview-with-house-intelligence-committee-2018-1
bearister
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article195231139.html
BearChemist
BearChemist said:

http://www.businessinsider.com/read-fusion-gps-glenn-simpson-interview-with-house-intelligence-committee-2018-1
Jesus it is a long transcript.... two hours in I'm only half way done but it is very interesting.

1. It was Chinese's interest to get Bill Clinton elected.
2. Michael Cohen is a central figure in the Trump-Russian networks.
3. Kushners have their own Russian connection.
bearister

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/01/29/jared-kushner-is-chinas-trump-card
BearNIt
Kate McKinnon from SNL as Robert Mueller was hysterical.
bearister
....and the latest, fresh off the press from the THERE IS NOT A SCINTILLA OF EVIDENCE OF RUSSIAN COLLUSION DEPARTMENT:

http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/
B.A. Bearacus
Now that it's been announced that Mueller will seek to question Trump very soon, I'm hoping he starts with this question: "How are those bone spurs, Donnie?"

Fyi, WaPo digital free for six months with Amazon Prime membership.
bearister

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/7sn3zl/as_mueller_closes_in_paranoia_spreads_in_the/?st=JCTAH2DZ&sh=0f82bf94
BearDevil
Looks like Rick Gates is about to flip on Trump too. Flynn (and his son) had the most criminal downside (kidnapping a Turkish dissident in PA and delivering him to Turkey), so pretty clear why he'd jump at a deal, but Gates over Manafort is a little puzzling, Manafort has deeper pockets than Flynn or Gates, so looks like he chose to take his chances. No doubt Gates can drop Manafort. Doubt Mueller would have cut a sweetheart deal for Flynn if he wouldn't implicate Trump family members. Also doubt Mueller's throwing Gates a bone just to get Manafort.
bearister
BearDevil said:

Looks like Rick Gates is about to flip on Trump too. Flynn (and his son) had the most criminal downside (kidnapping a Turkish dissident in PA and delivering him to Turkey), so pretty clear why he'd jump at a deal, but Gates over Manafort is a little puzzling, Manafort has deeper pockets than Flynn or Gates, so looks like he chose to take his chances. No doubt Gates can drop Manafort. Doubt Mueller would have cut a sweetheart deal for Flynn if he wouldn't implicate Trump family members. Also doubt Mueller's throwing Gates a bone just to get Manafort.

Lock'em all up! Damn right, lock'em all up!
BearNIt
The NYT reports that Trumpito tried to fire Mueller a month after being appointed the Special Counsel and the only thing that stopped him was the threat of White House Counsel to resign if Trumpito forced him to carry out the firing of Mueller. The reason for the firing is 1. A past dispute over membership fees at a Trump property. 2. Mueller worked for the same law firm that previously represented Kushner. 3. He had interviewed for the position of Director of the FBI, shortly before being named Special Counsel. These are the reasons that Trumpito tried to get Mueller fired.

One has to ask the question, is this the reason that Republicans have been so focused on discrediting Mueller given that Mueller would have knowledge that Trumpito had attempted to fire him for the above weak reasons? Does this attempted action by Trump constitute attempted obstruction? White House Counsel has reportedly obtained legal counsel.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/us/politics/trump-mueller-special-counsel-russia.html
bearister
Trump will resign. This thing is snowballing. President Mike "I'm too irresistible to hot women to be alone with them" Pence will pardon him.
This thing has Game. Set. Match, written all over it.
The triggering event will be when tRump refuses to appear before Mueller and a subpoena is issued. If he honors the subpoena he will have to assert the 5th. He won't do that and if he defies the subpoena he is in contempt of court. The only workable option is to resign. The other option is to tap his Swiss bank account since he is over there anyway, grab Hope Hicks by one hand and his Go Bag in the other, and run hard and fast for an off grid locale and without looking back. God's speed, our Alt Right Warrior, and if you double back and end up in Paraguay, you will forever be known as El tRumpo.
okaydo
bearister said:

Trump will resign. This thing is snowballing. President Mike "I'm too irresistible to hot women to be alone with them" Pence will pardon him.
The triggering event will be when tRump refuses to appear before Mueller and a subpoena is issued. If he honors the subpoena he will have to assert the 5th. He won't do that and if he defies the subpoena he is in contempt of court. The only workable option is to resign. The other option is to tap his Swiss bank account since he is over there anyway, grab Hope Hicks by one hand and his Go Bag in the other, and run hard and fast for an off grid locale and without looking back. God's speed, our Alt Right Warrior, and if you double back and end up in Paraguay, you will forever be known as El tRumpo.
Nah, Trump ain't resigning....no f'in way. NOOOOOOOO CHANCE....

When has Trump admitted being wrong? I mean, genuinely. Give me one example in his nearly 72 years of life?

Resigning would essentially be admitting wrongdoing.

Trump is mentally unable to concede being wrong. Nothing is his fault. Nothing. If he had lost the 2016 election, he would still be fighting about how he actually had won.
BearNIt
Mueller on Trump attempting to fire him as the Special Counsel:

BearChemist
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/26/mueller-trump-obstruction-of-justice-russia-216532
sycasey
Yesterday's dispatch from the Right Wing Media Bubble:

okaydo
sycasey said:

Yesterday's dispatch from the Right Wing Media Bubble:

Cave Bear
okaydo said:

bearister said:

When has Trump admitted being wrong? I mean, genuinely. Give me one example in his nearly 72 years of life?

Trump is mentally unable to concede being wrong. Nothing is his fault. Nothing. If he had lost the 2016 election, he would still be fighting about how he actually had won.
I can't see Trump resigning without being impeached first. I could see Trump resigning if the Republican controlled Congress impeached him and their leadership told him he will be convicted by the Senate and must resign before being removed from office in order to secure a pardon for himself and his family from his Republican successor. It's basically what happened with Nixon.

I can't see this Congress impeaching him unless his support within Republican constituencies tanks. That seems unlikely, and it seems even more unlikely that Democrats will gain control of both houses of Congress in the mid-terms. I'm still betting we're stuck with Trump until 2020.
bearister

https://s3.amazonaws.com/hark-audio/ccd83543-ff4c-4bfd-a150-5d114b432972.mp3
sycasey
Cave Bear said:

okaydo said:

bearister said:

I can't see Trump resigning without being impeached first. I could see Trump resigning if the Republican controlled Congress impeached him and their leadership told him he will be convicted by the Senate and must resign before being removed from office in order to secure a pardon for himself and his family from his Republican successor. It's basically what happened with Nixon.

I can't see this Congress impeaching him unless his support within Republican constituencies tanks. That seems unlikely, and it seems even more unlikely that Democrats will gain control of both houses of Congress in the mid-terms. I'm still betting we're stuck with Trump until 2020.
IMO, the only way Republican support for Trump starts to tank is if the economy goes bad.
bearister
Articles of Impeachment:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/28/opinion/impeachment-donald-trump.html
BearChemist
https://www.thedailybeast.com/julian-assange-thought-he-was-messaging-sean-hannity-when-he-offered-news-on-democrat-investigating-trump-russia/

Can't make this **** up.
oski003
http://amp.nationalreview.com/article/455885/expected-clinton-victory-explains-federal-employee-wrongdoing

... It's crazy
B.A. Bearacus
Carl Bernstein, a very infrequent tweeter, felt compelled last night to publish his first tweet since August 2017:

BearChemist
oski003 said:

http://amp.nationalreview.com/article/455885/expected-clinton-victory-explains-federal-employee-wrongdoing

... It's crazy
How is this relevant to the Assange-Hannity thing, since you replied to my post? Are you trying to deflect the attention?
sycasey
BearChemist said:

oski003 said:

... It's crazy
How is this relevant to the Assange-Hannity thing, since you replied to my post? Are you trying to deflect the attention?
It mentions Hillary Clinton, so is therefore always relevant for right-wing media.
oski003
I didn't really think much of your post. Didn't Hannity and Assange speak openly or at least discuss meeting at times? I just hit reply to the post above mine.
BearChemist
http://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukrainealert/payback-president-trump-gets-revenge-for-russian-sanctions#.WnDWybTSiso.twitter

"Law and Order"
BearNIt
Question for the legal professionals:

Devin Nunes the ranking Republican on the House Intel committee has denied that he has worked with the White House in crafting the memo that the Republicans on the intelligence committee are set to release tomorrow, but he didn't answer when questioned if any of the staff of the Republican participants on the House Intel committee had had contact with the White House in constructing the memo.

1. If found to be false can Nunes be prosecuted for obstruction?

Certainly with talk of this exact situation taking place, wouldn't it be to Mueller's advantage to start subpoena Republican Intel Committee members and staff members for interviews in an effort to link the White House, Nunes, staff members concerning the issue of obstruction?

Breaking News!

Trump's prior spokesman who quit will indicate that there was a previous unmentioned contact with Trump and Hope Hicks where Hicks indicated that certain emails would never see the light of day. Drip, drip, drip, drip. It's going to be death by a thousand paper cuts.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.