OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

487,444 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Trump's regime is leading America in an insurrection

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/may/01/trump-regime-america-insurrection?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus

Another Bear
Okay so Barr refuses to testify in the House tomorrow. Nadler is saying they will proceed without him and hold him in contempt. Others are saying Barr is scared of being questioned by skilled lawyers (pretty ironic as the AG). More are saying Barr should resign or be impeached.

Given this is political with the constitution at stake...go after Barr. Start impeachment proceedings. They have little to lose and everything to gain. He's vulnerable, has a very weak hand and might fold or give up more.

Mostly it will hurt Trump's as he loses his personal Roy Cohn. It will also tip him off...he'll be on the block at a certain point. If Barr crumbles under the pressure, the spectacle (especially on TV) will induce psychosis to the Trump the TV junkie.

oski003
On what basis is Barr to be cross examined by attorneys?
GBear4Life
dajo9 said:

GBear4Life said:

what are "RWNJs" ?
You
LOL liberals
B.A. Bearacus

The president very happy with his lawyer's performance.
Yogi58
GBear4Life said:

what are "RWNJs" ?
https://www.acronymfinder.com/Right-Wing-Nut-Job-(RWNJ).html
Anarchistbear
The Mueller Rapture won't end until the Messiah rides into Jerusalem on a donkey.
dajo9
oski003 said:

The basis that Congress wants to. Having staffers question people used to be the norm until video entered Congress and they wanted the face time for themselves.
American Vermin
NYCGOBEARS
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

The basis that Congress wants to. Having staffers question people used to be the norm until video entered Congress and they wanted the face time for themselves.

Nadler has a great attorney working for him, Barry Berke. I know him and he's one of the best at white collar law.
BearNIt
oski003 said:

Did Barr perjure himself when he previously testified to Congress under oath. This would involve all correspondence sent to Barr by Mueller, his review of the evidence that Mueller included with the 443 page report, and a complete and unredacted copy of the Special Prosecutor's Report. Maybe it could also include questions concerning, did anyone at the White House suggest he conduct investigations? Maybe it would look like the Republican's did during the Kavanaugh hearings.
Another Bear
prospeCt
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/30/the-guardian-view-on-higher-education-humans-need-the-humanities

B.A. Bearacus

bearister
The best thing about Barr and tRump is that they are both old men that are 75 pounds overweight. Their bodies are ticking time bombs. When their transfat filled hearts explode it will be like dropping a 50 pound plastic bag of chicken grease off a 10 story building onto a parking lot.
B.A. Bearacus
Pelosi (love you) breaks down in the first five minutes what Barr is really all about.

Another Bear
NYCGOBEARS
I'd suggest people listen to Cal alum Max Boot on the most recent "Words Matter" podcast.
bearister
Another Bear said:

I think someone told me he used to be married to Roseanne.

* I guess there isn't much mystery with regard to who will depict Bill Barr in the next SNL cold opening.
Another Bear
I guess once you get use to crazy on a personal level, it's no big f***ing deal professionally.

So, while we're here...just for some ick factor and mind bending: imagine Bill Barr and his doppelgnger with Roseanne Barr in a menage a' Barr. Like O.M.F.G. MY EYES! MY MIND!

p.s. Stormy Daniels wants in!
Another Bear
bearister

Another Bear
okaydo
Interesting article by a Cal person.

B.A. Bearacus

bearister
It's painfully clear: today's Congress wouldn't have impeached Richard Nixon

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/may/02/congress-trump-impeach-richard-nixon?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Sen. Harris: "Has the president or anyone at the White House ever asked or suggested that you open an investigation of anyone?"

I would have phrased it: "Has the president or anyone at the White House ever mentioned the topic of you opening an investigation of anyone?"
Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

Sen. Harris: "Has the president or anyone at the White House ever asked or suggested that you open an investigation of anyone?"

I would have phrased it: "Has the president or anyone at the White House ever mentioned the topic of you opening an investigation of anyone?"

Nice try but Barr would have said he wasn't sure what you mean by "mentioned". Talk about a guy who lacks candor.
Yogi58
Unit2Sucks said:

bearister said:

Nice try but Barr would have said he wasn't sure what you mean by "mentioned". Talk about a guy who lacks candor.
It was very Bill Clinton-esque. Truth isn't truth.
Another Bear

Okay then, the Dems grew a pair or they'll just whipped it and are ready to slap some faces with it. Screw Barr...go right to Mueller. Mueller won't stonewall or play word games. Now it looks like Mueller Time is really coming.
ducky23
Another Bear said:

Okay then, the Dems grew a pair or they'll just whipped it and are ready to slap some faces with it. Screw Barr...go right to Mueller. Mueller won't stonewall or play word games. Now it looks like Mueller Time is really coming.

I don't know man. I think in private, mueller is probably fuming about Barr. But he's such an institutionalist, I just can't see him ripping the sitting attorney general or the sitting president.

Hope I'm wrong
dajo9
ducky23 said:

Another Bear said:

I don't know man. I think in private, mueller is probably fuming about Barr. But he's such an institutionalist, I just can't see him ripping the sitting attorney general or the sitting president.

Hope I'm wrong

I agree with this. Mueller seems to be a team player - to a fault.
American Vermin
Another Bear
ducky23 said:

Another Bear said:

Hope I'm wrong
I agree about the institutionalist stuff, and he's very reserved. It's a shame we won't see the junior senator from California question the special counsel given this will be the House Judiciary Comm. She's exceptionally good and she'd get the answers, while giving Mueller some room and some set-ups. Nadler is okay, maybe Lieu and Swalwell can pick it up.

Still the fact he and his team are willing to testify...is good. His team might be the ones who give him cover and let the cat out of the bag. Let Mueller take his usual stand...but let a relative youngster blow it up.

ETA: the other thing...this puts pressure on Trump. Seeing Bob Mueller on TV might give a coronary.
B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear said:

Another Bear

Billy Barr is having a nightmare flashback, thus the queef.

His dreams are haunted now. This is what he sees when he closes his eyes.

Only the best!
Another Bear
I thought this might be parody or satire...but it's not. ***. Good but disturbing read. I think Bill Barr might as stupid or delusional as Trump.

My bookclub with U.S. Attorney General William Barr
Quote:

Opinion: Think the Attorney General's testimony this week was frustrating? Just try discussing Moby Dick with him.
Quote:

Blumenthal pointed out that Mueller's letter did not once mention the press. I knew exactly how Blumenthal must have felt because that's just how I felt when the Attorney General sat in Cathy's living room last May and insisted that Herman Melville's Moby Dick or, The Whale was the story of a "very stable genius of a sea captain's ultimately self-actualizing quest to befriend a puffin name Kevin."

"Kevin? What document did he even read?" I'd whispered to Lisa in the kitchen, and not for the first time. This guy seems to have some very particular reading comprehension issues, is all I'm saying.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.