OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

487,650 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Strykur;842840305 said:

Trump's presidency has been a tremendous success and salvation for the country for 2 principal reasons:

1. Put Gorsuch on the Supreme Court
2. Kept Hillary out of the White House

So even if Trump is bounced, Pence is in and we're solid. Would love to have Orrin Hatch as VP too.

That's some real accountability right there. Go team go! Rah!
BearNIt
If the story concerning Flynn advising Trump aids that he was under investigation prior to be named National Security Adviser is true, and Pence was the head of the Transition Team, can we say that Pence knew that Flynn was under investigation and knew he shouldn't be named National Security Advise? Also, if Pence knew about the Flynn investigation, his statements during his TV appearances regarding Flynn and the Turks or Russians were lies and Trump's reason for firing Flynn was a lie. Did Pence knowingly lie to the public when he said that there was no connection between Flynn and the Turks or Russians? What did Pence know and when did he know it as head of Trump's transition team?
bearister
BearNIt;842840346 said:

If the story concerning Flynn advising Trump aids that he was under investigation prior to be named National Security Adviser is true, and Pence was the head of the Transition Team, can we say that Pence knew that Flynn was under investigation and knew he shouldn't be named National Security Advise? Also, if Pence knew about the Flynn investigation, his statements during his TV appearances regarding Flynn and the Russians were lies and Trump's reason for firing Flynn was a lie. Did Pence knowingly lie to the public when he said that there was no connection between Flynn and the Russians? What did Pence know and when did he know it as head of Trump's transition team?

Well done, lad. The Man from Glad may have a little taint on him, and we all know what taint is, don't we?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6371[/ATTACH]
BearNIt
Now the transcript from the Russian meeting is in possession and it's not good.
Unit2Sucks
BearNIt;842840545 said:

Now the transcript from the Russian meeting is in possession and it's not good.

All we will hear from right wing media is how the fact that details are being leaked is the real crime, not the President's statements. It should be pretty clear to everyone at this point that Trump is incapable of running an effective administration although I suppose he could be doing things "to the best of" his quite meager "ability".

What you can pretty much count on is the fact that any time the President or his staff lies about something that happened in a meeting, the truth will come out from people loyal to our country. I will take with me forever the fact that there were actually people who voted for Trump over Hillary because they thought Trump was a straight shooter and Hillary was a liar. There is no doubt in my mind that Hillary has been dishonest in the past, but Trump is really in a league of his own when it comes to dishonesty and integrity.
Strykur
Unit2Sucks;842840551 said:

What you can pretty much count on is the fact that any time the President or his staff lies about something that happened in a meeting, the truth will come out from people loyal to the Deep State.

FIFY

Unit2Sucks;842840551 said:

I will take with me forever the fact that there were actually people who voted for Trump over Hillary because they thought Trump was a straight shooter and Hillary was a liar. There is no doubt in my mind that Hillary has been dishonest in the past, but Trump is really in a league of his own when it comes to dishonesty and integrity.

The fact that you expect politicians to be honest and accountable is laughable and shows how naive you are. All politicians are fucking scum, and Trump's campaign was wonderfully refreshing because he implicitly acknowledged how awful he was, which is an admission you never get from anybody in Washington these days - that everybody in that town is a rotten son of a *****, President on down. The political and Deep State class in DC hates Trump not because of who he is or what he does, but because he embodies and reveals the very worst of what they all indeed are.

One thing though: what if all these investigations lead to nothing? The political left and the Deep State are playing a risky game here. The blowback will be gigantic if nothing conclusive is proven.
GMP
Strykur;842840553 said:

FIFY
The fact that you expect politicians to be honest and accountable is laughable and shows how naive you are. All politicians are fucking scum, and Trump's campaign was wonderfully refreshing because he implicitly acknowledged how awful he was, which is an admission you never get from anybody in Washington these days - that everybody in that town is a rotten son of a *****, President on down. The political and Deep State class in DC hates Trump not because of who he is or what he does, but because he embodies and reveals the very worst of what they all indeed are.

Strykur
grandmastapoop;842840555 said:

But at least you didn't call me a Nazi.
bearister
sycasey;842840284 said:

Assuming Pence isn't also caught up in this thing.

https://apple.news/ABeu93R4wSXu9VBY57qpdSg
sycasey
Strykur;842840553 said:

The fact that this attitude is so prevalent is exactly the problem with our politics right now and why we got such a buffoon like Trump elected.

This is a democracy. If you want better leaders, get more involved. Pay more attention. Don't just ***** about it and sit on the sidelines.

If there is to be a positive result from this Trump nonsense, it will be voters starting to do exactly that. Increased participation in Congressional town halls, fundraising, and special elections over the last few months gives me some hope.
Unit2Sucks
Strykur;842840553 said:

One thing though: what if all these investigations lead to nothing? The political left and the Deep State are playing a risky game here. The blowback will be gigantic if nothing conclusive is proven.

If they lead to nothing I will concede that Trump is just a horrible president but not a traitor who, directly or indirectly, stole the election. If the investigations do uncover collusion, I am confident that you will write it off because you don't seem to stand for anything.

BTW, hearing that senior administration official under investigation right now is Kushner and that he was pushing Trump to fire Comey. Will be really interesting to see what Mueller digs up.
Strykur
Unit2Sucks;842840570 said:

If the investigations do uncover collusion, I am confident that you will write it off because you don't seem to stand for anything.

Hah why, if people are going to be gone for this, so what? President Mike Pence? President Paul Ryan? President Orrin Hatch? Go down the line, I like what we have set up should contingencies arise.
GMP
Strykur;842840557 said:

But at least you didn't call me a Nazi.

You're just a weird, traitorous Russian agent animal detective.
GMP
Strykur;842840577 said:

Hah why, if people are going to be gone for this, so what? President Mike Pence? President Paul Ryan? President Orrin Hatch? Go down the line, I like what we have set up should contingencies arise.

I'm fine with it, too, because I put country over party. From your post, it does not seem you do. As I said upthread (or maybe in the other one), get this moron out of office, put Pence (or even Ryan if necessary) in there, and the Republicans can run on their own merits in 2018. Trump is truly dangerous. Repealing the protections of the Affordable Care Act, in my opinion, is reprehensible. However, it's not as bad as getting us into a terrifying international conflict, including nuclear, which probably won't happen but is certainly on the table.
sycasey
Strykur;842840577 said:

See, the problem is that you're still thinking of this like it's football. As long as Team Republican wins, we're all good!

That's not how government should work. Even if my team doesn't win we should still have someone sane and competent in office. Right now, we do not. And honestly, the Republicans haven't put someone like that in the White House since Bush Sr. (though I will grant that McCain or Romney also would have qualified).
Unit2Sucks
sycasey;842840584 said:

(though I will grant that McCain or Romney also would have qualified).

I think choosing Palin cast a pretty long shadow over McCain's judgment.
BearNIt
Reporting also indicates that a current senior White House staff member is the target of the investigation. Who could it be, Tump, Kushner, or Bannon? Pence sounds like Fredo in the Godfather with the story he was kept in the dark, and we all know how that went. Pence is trying to keep his head down so he doesn't get hit by shrapnel, but it may be too late. Is Pence tied to this President and his Presidency and will it stop him from running in 2020? Was there a cover-up regarding the Trump-Russia probe? This is a Presidential Clown Show! There are lawyers all over Washington D.C. shouting CHA-CHING!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/russia-probe-reaches-current-white-house-official-people-familiar-with-the-case-say/2017/05/19/7685adba-3c99-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.dd4dd31347b5
sycasey
Unit2Sucks;842840585 said:

I think choosing Palin cast a pretty long shadow over McCain's judgment.

Fair point.
sycasey
BearNIt;842840586 said:

Reporting also indicates that a current senior White House staff member is the target of the investigation. Who could it be, Tump, Kushner, or Bannon? Pence sis trying to keep his head down so he doesn't get hit by shrapnel, but it maybe too late. Is Pence tied to this President and his Presidency and will it stop him from running in 2020? Was there a cover-up regarding the Trump-Russia probe?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/russia-probe-reaches-current-white-house-official-people-familiar-with-the-case-say/2017/05/19/7685adba-3c99-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.dd4dd31347b5

Pence was literally named head of the transition for the Trump team. It's hard to believe he didn't know anything, given the multiple implicated people (Flynn, Manafort, this other mystery person).
Unit2Sucks
I mentioned it upthread but the mystery person under investigation appears to be Kushner, which shouldn't really surprise anyone. The good news for him is that he can probably get advice on how to survive a minimum security federal prison from his father (who I believe, among other things, got into trouble for witness tampering).
bearister
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/19/pence-should-be-investigated-too-prof-lichtman-commentary.html

[video][/video]
BearNIt
Trump, his presidency, and his associates are making me tired. I can't keep up with the "Breaking News" day after day.
Strykur
grandmastapoop;842840579 said:

Trump is truly dangerous.

LOL he scares you? Please, other than putting Gorsuch on the Supreme Court, he hasn't really done anything. At worst he's incompetent. I can live with that.

sycasey;842840584 said:

See, the problem is that you're still thinking of this like it's football. As long as Team Republican wins, we're all good!

Well duh, because the GOP are the only people left in America who want to keep this country from turning into Venezuela.

If you love free markets, free speech and gun ownership, they are the only game in town now.
Unit2Sucks
Strykur;842840600 said:

If you love free markets, free speech and gun ownership, they are the only game in town now.

Are you talking about Gary "What is Aleppo?" Johnson?

I have news for you, the GOP no longer bothers even to pay lip service to free markets and only situationally cares about free speech.
Strykur
Unit2Sucks;842840602 said:

I have news for you, the GOP no longer bothers even to pay lip service to free markets and only situationally cares about free speech.

Still better than the shitshow Democrats.
sycasey
Strykur;842840600 said:

Well duh, because the GOP are the only people left in America who want to keep this country from turning into Venezuela.

And you think Trump will be good for these things? Maybe only gun ownership.
BearNIt
Does Mueller let Comey testify in public?
Strykur
BearNIt;842840612 said:

Can anybody control what Comey does these days? Who knows what dirt he has under his mattress right now.
GB54
"Comey's a Nut Job."

D Trump

I have to say just when you think things can't more bizarre or hilarious, the Trumpster antes up again
sycasey
BearNIt;842840612 said:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/comey-testify-public-senate-intelligence-committee/story?id=47521610

Quote:

Comey to testify in public before Senate Intelligence Committee
NYCGOBEARS
GB54;842840626 said:

"Comey's a Nut Job."

D Trump

I have to say just when you think things can't more bizarre or hilarious, the Trumpster antes up again

If his goal is to deliver record ratings, he's succeeding. The Kardashians ain't got sh!t on the Trump clan.
bearister
J. Edgar Hoover would have had his hands on the pee tape by now...as well as a manilla envelope full of still photos.
GB54
NYCGOBEARS;842840634 said:

If his goal is to deliver record ratings, he's succeeding. The Kardashians ain't got sh!t on the Trump clan.

Trump: " What's the highest rating of any TV show?"
Jared; " The end of Mash."
Trump: "Push the Impeachment harder"
NYCGOBEARS
GB54;842840639 said:

Trump: " What's the highest rating of any TV show?"
Jared; " The end of Mash."
Trump: "Push the Impeachment harder"

They need to get Melania and Ivanka more involved. They're hot. A liberal's ultimate grudge f$ck, whether the liberal is a man or woman.
NYCGOBEARS
NYCGOBEARS;842840640 said:

They need to get Melania and Ivanka more involved. They're hot. A liberal's ultimate grudge f$ck, whether the liberal is a man or woman.

Come to think of it, The Donald's infatuation with Russia makes complete sense. It's an extension of his love of Eastern European women.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.