OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

487,688 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearNIt
Gates is linked to Russian intelligence and knew the person was Russian intelligence. There seems to be a number of people who were talking to Russians in the Trump campaign and administration. Mueller knows what conversations took place and the content of those conversations. Mueller just keeps digging and digging and seems to uncover further connections with the Russians despite denials from those connected to Trump. Like I said, Mueller is just circling his prey and is in no hurry to strike and deliver the death blow, but when he does it will be accurate and mean the end.
NYCGOBEARS
Trump has been hiding for three days. He's in the beginning of full meltdown.
Another Bear
My best guess is Mueller simply keeps digging until a body turns up or Trump decides to pack it in.
bearister
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/29/trump-fbi-hotel-latvia-investigation-russia-links?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Another Bear
I asked 11 legal experts if Trump's lawyer obstructed justice
Quote:

Trump's lawyer secretly floated pardons for Manafort and Flynn. He might have crossed a line.
Quote:

When special counsel Robert Mueller was finalizing charges against former Trump advisers Paul Manafort and Michael Flynn last year, President Trump's top lawyer secretly told attorneys for the two men that Trump might pardon them.

We don't know if Trump authorized the overture which was first reported by the New York Times or if it was part of an attempt to dissuade Manafort and Flynn from cooperating with Robert Mueller's Russia probe. But the move by then-Trump lawyer John Dowd raises an important legal question: If the reports are true, would he potentially be guilty of witness tampering or obstruction of justice?

To answer this, I reached out to eleven legal experts. Their full responses, edited for clarity and style, are below.

BearNIt
Jeff Sessions is on the cover of Times magazine. The history of those in the Trump administration who have appeared on Times is not great, soon after their appearance they're gone. The Big Cheeto doesn't like anyone taking his covers, whether real or not.
mikecohen
BearNIt said:

Jeff Sessions is on the cover of Times magazine. The history of those in the Trump administration who have appeared on Times is not great, soon after their appearance they're gone. The Big Cheeto doesn't like anyone taking his covers, whether real or not.
Does that suggest a plot by Trump moles at Time to finally find a way to get Sessions fired to make way for a replacement willing to fire Mueller?
BearNIt
mikecohen said:

BearNIt said:

Does that suggest a plot by Trump moles at Time to finally find a way to get Sessions fired to make way for a replacement willing to fire Mueller?
Now that you mention it.
bearister
Yep, that's tRump, always playing 3 dimensional chess.
mikecohen
bearister said:

Yep, that's tRump, always playing 3 dimensional chess.
Not to be too paranoid or negative (which I am usually not); but it doesn't have to be Trump playing the 3 dimensional chess with Time Mag. It could be more thoughtful Machiavellians in his group (like maybe Miller or others of that ilk) playing the 3 dimensional chess with Trump, through Time Mag.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2017/dec/08/donald-trump-russia-investigation-key-questions-latest-news-collusion-timeline?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
mikecohen
bearister said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2017/dec/08/donald-trump-russia-investigation-key-questions-latest-news-collusion-timeline?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
I'm gonna repeat myself here, for the reason that the post to which I am responding is so directly relevant to my point:

From a point of view the most hostile to Trump and Trumpism, making a point which questions the significance of Russia's interference in American politics/elections/etc.:

The thrust of the reported interference was to stimulate Trump voters and depress Hillary voters, by means of well targeted appeals to the most inflammatory prejudices based on outright lies; and the point is that the Republicans have been doing this for decades and undoubetdly have endless expertise and more than enough money to execute it.

Also, those techniques are not illegal for the Republicans to do - although for the Russians to do anything in connection with the election IS!

So, since the Russians' efforts undoubtedly therefore had to guarded by that Republican expertise, why was it necessary and/or even meaningful for the Russians to be involved at all?
BearChemist
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2018/04/04/trumps-self-delusion-blinds-him-to-legal-peril/?utm_term=.3ed5358c22da
Another Bear
The Department of Justice Thinks That Collusion Is a Crime

bearister
https://dailym.ai/2EkYTD3

Captain Mueller has some compelling evidence to support a court issuing those search warrants. That evidence came from the 5 men in tRump's orbit that have pled guilty to felonies. The members of the tRump Crime Family and their associates had better be packing Go Bags and lighting out for off grid locales. GO CAPTAIN MUELLER! SEMPER FI! OORAH!
Another Bear
It looks like Paul Manafort's "Hail Mary" case against Mueller is going down in flames

Quote:

Judge: "I don't really understand what is left of your case."
Manafort has been the only hold out on reaching a plea deal Robert Mueller. The speculation is he has something big on Trump and was expecting a pardon, and that's why he played hardball on a plea deal.

Well I thank Manafort and his legal team just whiffed big time. He's facing a 300 year sentence.

Hard to tell what a sleazebucket like this does, flip, run or fall on his sword. My guess is he flips.
B.A. Bearacus
Let's all watch this thing on Mueller on MSNBC. Let us assess whether he or Trump is more trustworthy.
bearister
iwantwinners
Trey Gowdy likes Mueller
BearNIt
FBI has raided Michael Cohen's office and has obtained evidence linked to payments made for NDAs and work for Trump organization and its dealings with any Russians that may have happened. What does Mueller know already and was anything that would support illegal campaign finance charges or further connections between the Trump Organization and the Russians? Where does this put Trump Jr. as he is the head of the Trump Organization? Trump threw Cohen under the bus and then backed it over him. Was the probable cause for the warrant the Stormy saga or something about the Trump Organization like money laundering? To me it looks like Mueller had something and to prevent Trump and his ilk from claiming he was being dishonest, he turned it over to the Justice Dept. so they could execute it.
BearNIt
iwantwinners said:

Trey Gowdy likes Mueller
Apparently his balls have dropped now that he is not talking about Benghazi or running for office and on his way out.
iwantwinners
BearNIt said:

iwantwinners said:

Trey Gowdy likes Mueller
Apparently his balls have dropped now that he is not talking about Benghazi or running for office and on his way out.
All and all I like Trey Gowdy. He's a prosecutor at heart.

BearNIt
iwantwinners said:

BearNIt said:

iwantwinners said:

Trey Gowdy likes Mueller

You are definitely right, he is a prosecutor at heart. If you were trying to get a conviction, you would want him on your team.
Unit2Sucks
BearNIt said:

FBI has raided Michael Cohen's office and has obtained evidence linked to payments made for NDAs and work for Trump organization and its dealings with any Russians that may have happened. What does Mueller know already and was anything that would support illegal campaign finance charges or further connections between the Trump Organization and the Russians? Where does this put Trump Jr. as he is the head of the Trump Organization? Trump threw Cohen under the bus and then backed it over him. Was the probable cause for the warrant was the Stormy saga or something about the Trump Organization like money laundering? To me it looks like Mueller had something and to prevent Trump and his ilk from claiming he was being dishonest, he turned it over to the Justice Dept. so they could execute it.
Michael Cohen is a pretty smart cookie - not just anyone can graduate from the esteemed Thomas J. Cooley School of Law (generally regarded as one of the 200 okayest law schools in the country) - so I would be pretty surprised if he would have been incompetent enough to maintain any evidence of wrongdoing.
iwantwinners
BearNIt said:

iwantwinners said:

BearNIt said:

iwantwinners said:

Trey Gowdy likes Mueller

You are definitely right, he is a prosecutor at heart. If you were trying to get a conviction, you would want him on your team.
If he'd run for president he'd win the Rep nomination, IMO.
BearNIt
The President's personal lawyer is on the hook for bank fraud, wire fraud, and campaign finance wrong doing. Any guesses on if Mueller can get Michael Cohen to roll on the Big Cheeto?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-seizes-records-related-to-stormy-daniels-in-raid-of-trump-attorney-michael-cohens-office/2018/04/09/e3e43cf4-3c30-11e8-974f-aacd97698cef_story.html?utm_term=.6967ff4eca72
oski003
BearNIt said:

FBI has raided Michael Cohen's office and has obtained evidence linked to payments made for NDAs and work for Trump organization and its dealings with any Russians that may have happened. What does Mueller know already and was anything that would support illegal campaign finance charges or further connections between the Trump Organization and the Russians? Where does this put Trump Jr. as he is the head of the Trump Organization? Trump threw Cohen under the bus and then backed it over him. Was the probable cause for the warrant was the Stormy saga or something about the Trump Organization like money laundering? To me it looks like Mueller had something and to prevent Trump and his ilk from claiming he was being dishonest, he turned it over to the Justice Dept. so they could execute it.

Why are you asking for guesses? You obviously know everything that is happening in real time. Do you have inside sources?
B.A. Bearacus
Richard Painter:
"A warrant for search of a lawyer's office requires substantial evidence of wrongdoing. And that there is. To search Michael Cohen's home and office, the FBI had to clear a higher-than-normal bar."
BearNIt
oski003 said:

BearNIt said:

Why are you asking for guesses? You obviously know everything that is happening in real time. Do you have inside sources?
You know you never reveal your sources.
BearNIt
B.A. Bearacus said:

Richard Painter:
"A warrant for search of a lawyer's office requires substantial evidence of wrongdoing. And that there is. To search Michael Cohen's home and office, the FBI had to clear a higher-than-normal bar."
Rod Rosenstein and a Federal Judge who was a Republican appointee approved the warrant. Not sure who could be higher in this instance. Given the President's comments just a few minutes ago where he called out Rosenstein, both Rosenstein and Mueller are in precarious positions. We could have a Nixon moment and a constitutional crisis coming down the road.
concordtom
I wanted to come on here and rip on the president.
Thank you for providing this forum for stress management.
I hate the m-----r f----r.
And it was hilarious listening to the idiot free wheel about the "break in" into lawyer Cohen's office.
Ha. Break in.
You're a f---ing criminal and a--hole, you f---ing d--k. It's not a "break in", it's evidence collecting that is going to finally kick you out of office.

He's like, "it's totally unfair".
No, what's unfair is that we have to deal with you as President, you who lost the popular election. You did not finish in first place in number of votes, so how is it that we have to listen to your stupid a--?

Bearister, I knew I'd find you here!
concordtom
I have cousins from TX who continually post #maga.
I think, what the hell is the matter with you?

It's really amazing. We were friends as kids, but they are brainwashed into insanity.
concordtom
How much longer do we have to wait?
Every week that he is in office is a terrible experience.

And by the way, Rick Santorum is a #totalloser.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.