OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

487,473 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sp4149;842853946 said:

Anybody else getting a RUSSIAN BEAUTIES pop-up next to this thread?

Two banners came up on mine: Babes of Belarus and Lovelies of Latvia.
blungld
bearister;842853982 said:

Two banners came up on mine: Babes of Belarus and Lovelies of Latvia.

That's not cool. I got Hideous of Hungary & Mansters of Moldova
sycasey
Might be time to start a new bikini thread.
oski003
Trump Deathwatch hottie thread?
NYCGOBEARS
oski003;842854018 said:

Trump Deathwatch hottie thread?

We can post pics of the First Lady nude.
bearister
NYCGOBEARS;842854024 said:

We can post pics of the First Lady nude.

For you trivialists out there (or as the case may be, degenerates, like NYCGOBEARS and Yours Truly), I believe there is one other First Lady that also holds that dubious distinction.
GB54
bearister;842854030 said:

For you trivialists out there (or as the case may be, degenerates, like NYCGOBEARS and Yours Truly), I believe there is one other First Lady that also holds that dubious distinction.

Eleanor Roosevelt
bearister
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

"HillaryClinton can illegally get the questions to the Debate & delete 33,000 emails but my son Don is being scorned by the Fake News Media?
3:35 AM Jul 16, 2017"
Unit2Sucks
It's so refreshing to have a president who takes responsibility for his actions and is a role model to our children.

That's a sentence I hope to be able to write truthfully some day.
BearDevil
After the Birthers, John Miller/John Barron, Jersey City Muslims on 9/11, Ted Cruz's dad on the grassy knoll, etc...why is Trump still babbling about fake news?

Both Donnies clearly knew about personal and staff interactions with Russians and denied it in real time and for a year.

Despite that, Trump's GOP approval rating is still 85%. Yikes!
BearChemist
Still need to please the dumb enough 'base' so that they keep donating to pay all the legal fees.
bearister
Unit2Sucks;842854080 said:

It's so refreshing to have a president who takes responsibility for his actions and is a role model to our children.

That's a sentence I hope to be able to write truthfully some day.

Do you find it a little scary that POTUS is not sleeping at 3:35 am? Is he getting the Dr. Feelgood regimen?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Jacobson
Unit2Sucks
No more scary than the fact that we have an imbecile in the White House who Putin is likely to have kompromat on. I will concede that Trump is somewhat immune to traditional compromat because he is shameless.
GB54
Trump's disapproval=58%, base or no base
bearister
GB54;842854096 said:

Trump's disapproval=58%, base or no base

But Fox and Friends has his approval rating at 95%.
sycasey
bearister;842854078 said:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

"HillaryClinton can illegally get the questions to the Debate & delete 33,000 emails but my son Don is being scorned by the Fake News Media?
3:35 AM Jul 16, 2017"

Party of personal responsibility, everyone.
BearChemist
That might be west coast time though.
bearister
What say you if they prove Trumpus was at the meeting?

http://www.businessinsider.com/trumps-lawyer-jay-sekulow-russia-meeting-2017-7
BearDevil
bearister;842854149 said:

What say you if they prove Trumpus was at the meeting?

http://www.businessinsider.com/trumps-lawyer-jay-sekulow-russia-meeting-2017-7

Would push the oompa loompa's GOP approval rating to 95%. Only way he gets to 100% is replacing Pence with Putin.

Trump rounded up (from 38%) and said a 40% approval rating was not bad. FFS, Ford was the only other prior POTUS below 40% (39%) and that was after pardoning Nixon,
BearNIt
The White House is focusing on "Made In America" this week. Perhaps the President could stop being such a freaking hypocrite and make some of his crap in America. Is this man-baby really POTUS?

Lowest 6 months approval rating ever. Never has an individual fought against reality as POTUS
bearister
Is the pomade used by Trump, Uday and Qusay drilled and barreled in the Homeland?
GB54
Health care bill collapses. At this point it's better Trump stays until the midterms
bearister
New Feature: Daily insight into the mind of Trump supporters (as evidenced by comments on the internet)):

1." I am sick and tired of the liberal media doing everything they can to derail President Trump. The American people see this and I guarantee that the Republicans will still hold the House and the Senate after the mid-term elections. Libs, you are not doing yourselves any favors by acting like children;"

2. "The whole Russia thing is fake. He went to a meeting. They spoke about Russian adoption where he left after 1/2 hour. The whole idea that there was any type of collusion is fake;"

3. "Those of you pushing this "I Hate Trump" agenda are going to be in for another rude awakening when you keep losing. The public is really sick of all of this fake news with only anonymous sources cited;"

4. "King Trump. Lord Trump, God Trump. That is a better headline DM. Bow to him losing Democrats. Your leader is making America safe again. Stock market at an all time high, illegals running home, what more could you want."

Updated Depository for evidence of Russian collusion:

http://billmoyers.com/story/the-trump-resistance-plan-a-timeline-russia-and-president-trump/
blungld
bearister;842854369 said:

New Feature: Daily insight into the mind of Trump supporters (as evidenced by comments on the internet)):

1." I am sick and tired of the liberal media doing everything they can to derail President Trump. The American people see this and I guarantee that the Republicans will still hold the House and the Senate after the mid-term elections. Libs, you are not doing yourselves any favors by acting like children;"

2. "The whole Russia thing is fake. He went to a meeting. They spoke about Russian adoption where he left after 1/2 hour. The whole idea that there was any type of collusion is fake;"

3. "Those of you pushing this "I Hate Trump" agenda are going to be in for another rude awakening when you keep losing. The public is really sick of all of this fake news with only anonymous sources cited;"

4. "King Trump. Lord Trump, God Trump. That is a better headline DM. Bow to him losing Democrats. Your leader is making America safe again. Stock market at an all time high, illegals running home, what more could you want."

http://billmoyers.com/story/the-trump-resistance-plan-a-timeline-russia-and-president-trump/

This is the predictable and perhaps planned results of lack of education and the distraction of consumerism and economic divide. The disenfranchised and unsophisticated believe the propaganda and the corrupt consolidate their power.
sp4149
Monthly GDP down (no Grump won't tweet about that)

Moderates hate to be called Liberals by the neo-cons. Even those who voted for Grump.

When the only two countries that view Grump as an improvement are Russia (overwhelmingly) and Israel; is the world against us?

bearister;842854369 said:

sycasey
GB54;842854360 said:

Health care bill collapses. At this point it's better Trump stays until the midterms

Now McConnell says he wants to proceed with straight repeal (no replacement).

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/07/trumpcare-as-we-know-it-is-dead.html

Not sure if serious.
Unit2Sucks
It's become increasingly clear that McConnell and republican leadership can't count to 50. Maybe they believed Trump when he told them you only needed 46% of the vote to win.
GB54
sycasey;842854435 said:

Now McConnell says he wants to proceed with straight repeal (no replacement).

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/07/trumpcare-as-we-know-it-is-dead.html

Not sure if serious.

That would be a balls out move. I think he figures that with the clock ticking he can more easily get a compromise between the repeal only and the replace wings of his party and also put pressure on the Democrats but it's risky as hell and sets them up for a backlash at the midterms.

I think at some point Trump will realize that the key to his agenda may be to talk to Chuck Schumer not Mitch McConnell
BearDevil
Unit2Sucks;842854446 said:

It's become increasingly clear that McConnell and republican leadership can't count to 50. Maybe they believed Trump when he told them you only needed 46% of the vote to win.

Trump's enablers are going after Heller and Flake now, both Mormons. GOP doesn't understand the West. Long before Huckabee started dry humping Kim Davis as a champion of religious freedom, he trashed Mormonism to get at Mitt. Five states chased future designated drivers and homecoming queens out before they ended up in Utah. Mormons hate the Muslim ban and Trump. Utah's not going Dem anytime soon, but actively marginalizing Mormons isn't remotely helpful to the GOP given the changing demographics in NV and AZ.
sp4149
Earlier this year the previous GOP Speaker of the House said that he had been in the house for 25 years and the Republicans never could produce a workable health plan. Repeal now and replace in two years is a pipe dream. The ACA had over a 3 year phase-in (signed March 23, 2010; full implementation January 1, 2014). No way the GOP can produce a plan (at some future date) to replace the ACA two years from now. The intent is really to repeal only...
Let the cow chips hit the fan...

Constitutional law experts, please Comment: AS I understand it, any new health plan could face legal challenges as did the ACA; however there could be no legal challenge to a repeal of the ACA. (I suppose if there is a potential conflict with a newer law tied to ACA then repeal could face a legal challenge).

GB54;842854447 said:

That would be a balls out move. I think he figures that with the clock ticking he can more easily get a compromise between the repeal only and the replace wings of his party and also put pressure on the Democrats but it's risky as hell and sets them up for a backlash at the midterms.

I think at some point Trump will realize that the key to his agenda may be to talk to Chuck Schumer not Mitch McConnell
sycasey
GB54;842854447 said:

Already there are three GOP Senators publicly against this plan (they can only lose two).

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/18/republican-obamacare-repeal-effort-240667

Seems unlikely to work.
Strykur
GB54;842854447 said:

Schumer is not up for re-election until 2022 so Trump would have no leverage against him, that would make no sense. McConnell has no chips to play now other than a straight repeal.
GB54
Strykur;842854496 said:

Schumer is not up for re-election until 2022 so Trump would have no leverage against him, that would make no sense. McConnell has no chips to play now other than a straight repeal.

The leverage works the other way; nobody's going to beat Schumer anyway. Trump's agenda is dying on the vine- health care gone, the tax bill, next to be gone. At some point Trump realizes he can't pass s$It with his so-called majority and his Presidency is a perfect storm of incompetence; he then pivots towards the Dems.
Strykur
GB54;842854501 said:

The leverage works the other way; nobody's going to beat Schumer anyway. Trump's agenda is dying on the vine- health care gone, the tax bill, next to be gone. At some point Trump realizes he can't pass s$It with his so-called majority and his Presidency is a perfect storm of incompetence; he then pivots towards the Dems.

That is what I mentioned awhile back on here (that Trump is not a right-wing ideologue per se and could pivot to the Democrats should it be politically expedient) and was laughed at, maybe by next year when the Russia "scandal" ends with a whimper and the Democrats are left exposed, then this could be done. Trump as party leader could also tell the GOP that McConnell and Ryan have to be replaced in their respective positions, if he really wanted to stay the course and retain the GOP vote.
sycasey
GB54;842854501 said:

If Trump and the GOP decided to prioritize infrastructure improvements (besides the border wall) they could get some support from Dems. Some patch improvements to Obamacare could have done it too. Might have been easier if they did it right away, rather than immediately try to destroy the accomplishment all long-time Democrats have worked their entire careers for (health care reform), and in the process mobilized a large and angry opposition among the left-wing party base. Now it will be tougher.

Anyway, if there is a pivot towards working with Dems, I suspect we'll be waiting a while for that.

Quote:

Trump on Senate GOP: “The vote would have been pretty close to, if you look at it, 48 to 4. That’s a pretty impressive vote by any standard”

I mean, never mind that there are actually 100 Senators. He's still within the framework that he only needs Republican votes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.