OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

487,761 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mueller's office reportedly tells Trump lawyer Giuliani that the Russia obstruction probe will wrap up by September

We'll see if this is true or rumor because it's coming from Rudy the Lip...but the timing makes sense. FBI supposedly will stop or pause an investigation 60 days before an election. Or just in time for the mid-term election.
blungld
Another Bear said:

when will Dotard Donnie Small Hands crack and finally lose his shtt?
Not being facetious, hasn't he already?
Another Bear
Fair enough you have a point.

That said, I anticipate a bigger, dramatic break of some kind given his nature when the shtt hits the fan. Nope, not Hitler in the bunker but something that would be totally fitting to Trump, like the Pee Tape is real and it's goes viral...or impeachment proceedings begins and he lashes out, per usual...just bigger. Then we'll see full ape shtt Trump.
okaydo
Another Bear said:

Michelle Wolf at the WHCD nailed it, she said the media was in bed with the Trump coverage and reporters were making extra $$$ doing the TV shows. Of course 90% of US media is corporately owned.

If you want to break the stranglehold...break the media, because that's Trump's main tool, TV media. Noam Chomsky got a lot right in Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media. It's the institute that binds all the crap together.

Another thing, the conservatives have long been willing to work with symbolism and symbiotics/media. Whereas the mainstream prefers FACTS and information. This is one of the Dems' problems, they deal with facts and details but miss the big concept stuff that is easy to get bites. Bill Clinton's rapid response team was close, but again their point and aim was to partly dispel the opposition using facts. Still no big tent message of economics.

THIS: https://www.buzzfeed.com/stevenperlberg/white-house-reporters-tv
Another Bear
Exactly. A print reporter doing a TV appearance, and SAG-AFTRA, probably makes $1,000 per appearance although maybe more if they have an agent. (Maybe someone knows the rates.) Do that a few times and that starts to add up. Then there's the book deals. The thing is, there's major "need" for analysis because the Trump admin generates a lot of noise and bait to bite on, and it is the BIGGEST, SCARIEST AND MOST REAL REALITY TV SHOW EVER!!!
concordtom
blungld said:

Another Bear said:

when will Dotard Donnie Small Hands crack and finally lose his shtt?
Not being facetious, hasn't he already?
1. He lost his shtt decades ago.
2. A person loses their shtt (bowel control) when they die.
concordtom
Another Bear said:

Which leads to a basic question: when will Dotard Donnie Small Hands crack and finally lose his shtt? A friendly betting pool should be created. My guess is during the dog days of August when the humidity is at 100% on the East Coast, so swamp gets extra MOIST and funky with another massive purge of the arse right before the election. The midterm is going to crank up the pressure on Dotard to 11.11 on the noise dial.
He could get so excited about things that he causes himself to have a heart attack.
graguna
Another Bear said:

That said, I anticipate a bigger, dramatic break of some kind given his nature when the shtt hits the fan. Nope, not Hitler in the bunker but something that would be totally fitting to Trump, like the Pee Tape is real and it's goes viral...or impeachment proceedings begins and he lashes out, per usual...just bigger. Then we'll see full ape shtt Trump.
the pee tape is real
graguna
concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

Which leads to a basic question: when will Dotard Donnie Small Hands crack and finally lose his shtt? A friendly betting pool should be created. My guess is during the dog days of August when the humidity is at 100% on the East Coast, so swamp gets extra MOIST and funky with another massive purge of the arse right before the election. The midterm is going to crank up the pressure on Dotard to 11.11 on the noise dial.
He could get so excited about things that he causes himself to have a heart attack.
dare to dream
concordtom
Yes We Can.
Si podemos.
Another Bear
graguna said:

Another Bear said:

the pee tape is real
And that's why he says absolutely nothing negative about Putin. Actually his compete brown nosing of Putin and Russia says even more given his proclivities to trash tweet pretty much everyone (who doesn't have something on him). He says absolutely nothing about Stormy Daniels or her attorney, likely for the same reason...they have some kind of embarassing like photos.

Given the complete shtt show, the Russians and the utter weirdness so far...I expect nothing less than something crazy like a Pee Tape.
sycasey
golden sloth said:

And on to a more anecdotal and non-factual theory.
I also believe that population shifts also play a big part in the increasing divide. The young people and the people advocating for change have consistently moved to the big cities over the last 20 years. The loss of the potential moderating influences allows rural people to live in an increasing bubble. People no longer want to work at their father's factory, partly because those factories don't exist anymore, and partly because they believe they can do better. Those that stayed behind in the various small town rust belts feel left behind, and their ego is hurt, because people moving away is a means of rejecting the life they live and is offered in their town. These are people without much, other than their community, and droves of young people have rejected that community.

I think it's not even that young people are "rejecting" the small-town communities, it's just that they literally CAN'T stay there. There are no jobs, no prospects. They leave because they have to, which allows those communities to ossify and wither.

There might be things our government can do to help those communities, but none of that has happened, partially because of partisan gridlock, and also partially because moneyed interests don't actually care about helping those people (and IMO have a much greater influence on the Republican Party, but not exclusively).
B.A. Bearacus
Sally Yates: "The President has just taken his all-out assault on the rule of law to a new level. And this time he is ordering up an investigation of the investigators who are examining his own campaign. You know, that's really shocking."
Anarchistbear
Inspector General to open inquiry per AG. Cool.
Another Bear
I think it was NBC News, they mention the latest Trump twitter shttt storm and how it's unusually severe or desperate ("I demand...") but then mentions the real story is still the meeting in Trump Tower with the Russkies and UAE in 2016. This is where the pay to play action happened.

Otherwise, it was your typical potential constitutional crisis with Trump. Or the same old, same old.
BearDevil
Another Bear said:

Seems Dotard went on a massive twitter shtt storm this morning, more so than usual, reacting to the FBI report that there were also foreign agents from Russia and the United Arab Emerites at the infamous Trump Tower meeting.

It's Trump, so it's impossible to predict what he will do. Highly doubtful anyone left in his orbit can convince him to do anything, but probably should wait until after the midterms to make the inevitable firing of Sessions, Rosenstein, and Mueller. At least at that point, he'd know what the 2019 House and Senate landscape will be.

Impeachment won't happen because there won't ever be enough GOP Senate votes to convict. That being said, if Dems control the House, the nutty Nunes reports end. No need to fire anyone if the GOP holds the House and Senate. Trump or his flunkes may be convinced a judicial purge will help him in the midterms.

Curious what happens to Trump appointed FBI Director Wray. Does Trump fire him too or does he resign post-massacre?
golden sloth
Apparently most Americans don't believe the Mueller investigation has uncovered any crimes. This is wrong.

Quote:

A majority of Americans 59 percent say in a new survey that Robert Mueller's investigation into Russia and the 2016 campaign has not yet uncovered evidence of any crimes, even though in reality, Mueller has already obtained five guilty pleas and 17 criminal indictments.

https://www.vox.com/2018/5/23/17384096/mueller-investigation-poll

Do people really not follow the news? I thought this story has been beat to death by the media, yet people still don't understand the facts.

Now for the anecdotal speculation. Part of it is Trump constantly saying no evidence of collusion and obstruction, people believe there are no crimes, when in actuality the just has not been a collusion or obstruction charge yet (key word on yet). Also, how can we have so much media, and such an uninformed population? The media is failing in doing their job, and the people of our country are failing in wanting to be informed.
B.A. Bearacus
Trump: "We now call it SPYGATE."

Just like we all call Mar A Lago the Southern Whitehouse you fuucking idiot.

Comey: Facts matter. The FBI's use of Confidential Human Sources (the actual term) is tightly regulated and essential to protecting the country. Attacks on the FBI and lying about its work will do lasting damage to our country. How will Republicans explain this to their grandchildren? Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Another Bear

Flynn goes down and his son plays prophet to the GOP.
sycasey
golden sloth said:

Apparently most Americans don't believe the Mueller investigation has uncovered any crimes. This is wrong.

Quote:

A majority of Americans 59 percent say in a new survey that Robert Mueller's investigation into Russia and the 2016 campaign has not yet uncovered evidence of any crimes, even though in reality, Mueller has already obtained five guilty pleas and 17 criminal indictments.

Do people really not follow the news? I thought this story has been beat to death by the media, yet people still don't understand the facts.

Now for the anecdotal speculation. Part of it is Trump constantly saying no evidence of collusion and obstruction, people believe there are no crimes, when in actuality the just has not been a collusion or obstruction charge yet (key word on yet). Also, how can we have so much media, and such an uninformed population? The media is failing in doing their job, and the people of our country are failing in wanting to be informed.
Yeesh, that is terrible. I wonder if people aren't understanding the question? Like they are answering no because the assume the question is about crimes by Trump, not just crimes in general (which they have clearly uncovered evidence of).
NYCGOBEARS
Another Bear said:

I think he's insinuating that the Dems and Mueller, et al are the ones going down
bearister
...and once again, I would quote the words of Beatrix Kiddo to Flynn, Jr.:

"When you grow up, if you're still feeling raw about it, I'll be waiting."

Senator Richard Blumenthal, a Democrat who is on the Senate judiciary committee, said Trump and his allies were "weaponizing false claims" against the FBI and justice department. "This calculated, coordinated strategy," he added, "is the last resort of many criminal defendants: when an investigation has you cornered, attack the investigators"'.............a growing number of Republicans believe Trump is being framed. A striking 83% of Republican respondents to one recent survey agreed with the president's characterisation of the investigation as a "witch-hunt". The Guardian
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
golden sloth said:

Quote:

And I am singularly unimpressed with what most Americans believe:

1. A majority of Americans cannot name a single branch of government or explain what the Bill of Rights is;

2. 24% can't name the country that the U.S. fought in the Revolutionary War;

3. 2/3 don't know what the holding of Roe v. Wade is;

4. 2/3 don't know what the Food and Drug Administration does;

5. 50% don't know each state has two senators;

6. More than 50% can't name their congressman;

7. The average voter thinks 24% of the U.S. budget goes to foreign aid (less than 1% does);

8. 18% thinks the sun revolves around the earth;

9. 50% don't know that Judaism predates Christianity
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
NYCGOBEARS said:

Another Bear said:

I think he's insinuating that the Dems and Mueller, et al are the ones going down
Could be but it might also be misdirected or crazily wild. I don't see anyone but GOP going down related to Trump.
BearDevil
NYCGOBEARS said:

Another Bear said:

Pops is clearly no genius, but Jr is nuts. Papa Flynn cut a sweetheart deal with Mueller to minimize jail time for himself and his kid. Nothing more, nothing less. Junior was a big believer in Pizzagate. Thankkfully nobody died when a fellow wingnut shot up the place.

Gates cut a deal to flip on Manafort. Manafort will eventually flip on Trump. Cohen's pal cut a deal to flip on Cohen. Cohen will eventually flip on Trump to avoid jail. Mueller isn't dangling lenient sentences because these weasels are Boy Scouts. Flynn's kid is too spoiled and dumb to recognize this.

In other sons of weasels' news: congrats to Wake Forest tennis player Sean Patrick for being on an NCAA championship team. Sean's real last name is Hannity, which is oddly omitted from the Wake official roster. Papa Hannity isn't beloved even in North Carolina.
oski003
This seems like a big deal, if true.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-44215656
Another Bear
Yes, another pay to play deal. That seems to be the Trump admin basic modus operandi, including Saudi Arabia and UAE.
Another Bear
Donald Trump doesn't get the difference between the Trump Organization and the federal government

This seems a little late, and obvious. At least the mainstream press is finally figuring it out.
Another Bear
The Atlantic is making the call: Collusion Happened

Quote:

Despite what the president says, the question is answered

Trump aides colluded with foreign governments.

This is a simple, straightforward statement, and by this point, it ought to be an uncontroversial one. There's ample evidence on many fronts, from legal documents to reliable reporting. This doesn't mean that a crime was committed, because, as Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani and others have pointed out, collusion is not a crime per se. But it does mean that attempts to dismiss the Russia investigation as a witch hunt that lacks any evidence are not merely disingenuousthey're simply wrong.
blungld
Another Bear said:

The Atlantic is making the call: Collusion Happened

Quote:

Despite what the president says, the question is answered

Trump aides colluded with foreign governments.

This is a simple, straightforward statement, and by this point, it ought to be an uncontroversial one. There's ample evidence on many fronts, from legal documents to reliable reporting. This doesn't mean that a crime was committed, because, as Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani and others have pointed out, collusion is not a crime per se. But it does mean that attempts to dismiss the Russia investigation as a witch hunt that lacks any evidence are not merely disingenuousthey're simply wrong.

I've made this case before, but the no collusion argument is the same as the "where's the fossil evidence argument" by Creationists (and it is a lot of the same constituency).

The collusion is already fact just on basis of public record. It's right there. The evidence. Members of Trump's campaign spoke with and planned with foreign agents. That should be enough to impeach--but conservative media has been successful in attaching no meaning to the evidence, no definition to the word collusion, and setting forward some vision of actual proof as being a video of Trump and Putin alone in a room shaking hands over piles of cash and saying "let's collude together." Anything short of that is proof of nothing.

Exactly like Creationists looking at a span of fossil record and saying there are gaps, no transitional fossils, and where is the one fossil that shows a half-monkey/half-man? You have no proof of evolution. I don't see it.

They just abstract the argument to illogical absurdism and ignore facts sitting right smack in front of them--unless their chosen one tells them this or that is true. Facts as subjects to fealty and faith.
mikecohen
bearister said:

golden sloth said:

Quote:

1. A majority of Americans cannot name a single branch of government or explain what the Bill of Rights is;

7. The average voter thinks 24% of the U.S. budget goes to foreign aid (less than 1% does);

The more easily they are led into massively evil deeds by authoritarians, my dear.
B.A. Bearacus
mikecohen said:

bearister said:

golden sloth said:

Quote:

The more easily they are led into massively evil deeds by authoritarians, my dear.

All Republicans who have ever graced Off Topic can answer all those questions and will be giving Trump their vote again in 2020.
B.A. Bearacus
concordtom
bearister said:

golden sloth said:

Quote:

Maybe Bernie was on the moneynwith his proposal to make college free for all!
BearNIt
Watching Trump & Gulliani spinning out of control this week was a picture in a mental meltdown ala Richie Incognito. Trump just can't quit Comey and Gulliani sounds like a mental patient as he repeatedly contradicts himself again and again and forgets basic legal concepts. Anybody think that Trump has the balls to sit down to an interview with Mueller? Meanwhile after saying that "no WH staff would attend the briefing regarding FBI intel", both Kelly and Flood show up to "say a few words". Anybody think they won't know exactly what was discussed in the private intel briefing? All Mueller is doing is working the intel and Trump, Gulliani & Flood have not a clue what he knows, what he has held back, and what is coming. The investigation is nowhere near done with talk of Cohen having reportedly visited the Ukraine and then being hired by the Ukraine to represent them and the sudden end of their cooperation with the Mueller investigation after previously providing intel to the previous administration regarding a certain Cheeto being compromised. By the way, Cohen testified that he had not been to Europe, OOPS! This is not the first time a country stopped cooperating with Mueller. (See Qatar & Kushner(s) Then there is Trumps guy, Roger I'm A Gigantic ****** Stone, who gave testimony that is being contradicted by his own emails regarding contact with Wikileaks, Assange, and seeking dirt on Clinton. It looks like his interview on the Circus was prophetic concerning Mueller's discovering Stone's wrongdoing. Then Trump Jr. is in big trouble for not disclosing meeting with Middle East envoys. Mueller will perform the Salida, as he saves the indictments of Kushner and Trump Jr., like the final sword a bull fighter uses before he makes the final kill shot. There will be more than enough indictments for everyone in the Trump orbit to go around. The destruction of the Trump mafia family is coming and their is nothing they can do about it.

Then there is the North Korea s&*^storm.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.