OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003;842855194 said:

No, you don't get it. I was pretty clear that I'm talking about the affect on the smaller business.


The affect of what on the smaller business? The liberal goal of having the small business owner pay a lower tax rate and having the higher tax rate paid by the corporation go to help the small business owner pay for their insurance. Not to mention, Obamacare mandates only kick in with 50 employees and above so the small business owner is far less affected than the corporation. I guess I don't understand your premise. It confuses me when you list so many inaccuracies.
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey;842855196 said:

Yup, the conservative media bubble has become very strong. You can see some of the folks on this board who have been very clearly influenced by it.

I've always thought that eventually the lies and misinformation would run up against reality, but it's proven more durable than I expected.


When your positions rely on being angry 24/7, mad at people that you have to be able to see as objectively decent, smart, and caring...it might be time to ask yourself: "Hmmm. Maybe I'm on the wrong side here?" Every regime has its angry mob that falls in line...later in history, we look back and wonder how these people were pushed to such irrational rage to believe such total lies. It is happening right now in front of us in the country where this was supposed be impossible to happen. And even here on this board with educated people, you can watch as posters twist themselves in knots and cling to their beliefs no matter what and enable the actions and "morality" that leads to destruction, persecution, and all the things that this country is not supposed to be about. And they have an explanation or an excuse at every turn. And they have a boogeyman or a "yeah but" to proclaim...and we see that it is sadly human nature for the great many to stand by and assist evil and call it protecting good.

For those with open eyes, it crushes the soul and sense of hope and the belief in mankind. When you watch as clearly smart and decent people get attacked by people with half the intelligence, experience, and desire for good, then the world is upside down. I want to believe that this is a learning experience for this young democracy...but if those who support this President are not learning and instead want to act like they have not made a mistake then this is not learning, this is simply the collapse of America they tell themselves they are saving.
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9;842855199 said:

The affect of what on the smaller business? The liberal goal of having the small business owner pay a lower tax rate and having the higher tax rate paid by the corporation go to help the small business owner pay for their insurance. Not to mention, Obamacare mandates only kick in with 50 employees and above so the small business owner is far less affected than the corporation. I guess I don't understand your premise. It confuses me when you list so many inaccuracies.


All the things I posted affected the businesses earnings from 90,000 to 45,000. Business has 20 employees per store. The inaccuracies are in your head.
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blungld;842855200 said:

When your positions rely on being angry 24/7, mad at people that you have to be able to see as objectively decent, smart, and caring...it might be time to ask yourself: "Hmmm. Maybe I'm on the wrong side here?" Every regime has its angry mob that falls in line...later in history, we look back and wonder how these people were pushed to such irrational rage to believe such total lies. It is happening right now in front of us in the country where this was supposed be impossible to happen. And even here on this board with educated people, you can watch as posters twist themselves in knots and cling to their beliefs no matter what and enable the actions and "morality" that leads to destruction, persecution, and all the things that this country is not supposed to be about. And they have an explanation or an excuse at every turn. And they have a boogeyman or a "yeah but" to proclaim...and we see that it is sadly human nature for the great many to stand by and assist evil and call it protecting good.

For those with open eyes, it crushes the soul and sense of hope and the belief in mankind. When you watch as clearly smart and decent people get attacked by people with half the intelligence, experience, and desire for good, then the world is upside down. I want to believe that this is a learning experience for this young democracy...but if those who support this President are not learning and instead want to act like they have not made a mistake then this is not learning, this is simply the collapse of America they tell themselves they are saving.

That's a snowflake post, bro.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stephen Colbert Just Rented Out Trump's Alleged 'Pee Pee Tape' Suite In Moscow

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59719f24e4b0e79ec1985d0d
BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9;842855188 said:

If Spicey is smart, and I'm not sure that he is, he'll be the first one out with a tell-all book and will make millions


The title of that book will be, "Sh*t Peddler To The American People: My Six Months As The White House Press Secretary". It may be a short book.
BearChemist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As you wonder how this clown administration gets more clowns, Sarah Huckbee is named WH press secretary and Sam Clovis is nominated to head USDA.
Strykur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey;842855196 said:

Yup, the conservative media bubble has become very strong. You can see some of the folks on this board who have been very clearly influenced by it.

I've always thought that eventually the lies and misinformation would run up against reality, but it's proven more durable than I expected.


When the whole legacy media sphere spews leftist bullshit all day, the counter to it becomes severe.
GB54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Strykur;842855217 said:

When the whole legacy media sphere spews leftist bullshit all day, the counter to it becomes severe.


Centrist bullshit. The NYT which merrily supported Iraq, the trade agreeements, the corporate duopoly, then endorsed the chief corporate ball washer before the primaries. And then were shocked when Trump won because none of their friends voted for him. And now we're all living in the 1930's in Berlin waiting for the storm troopers to take away our high thread count sheets. But first we'll send a reporter to the heartland to write about these poor dunces who voted for Trump:

"Dot's diner in Ford Dodge Iowa is alive with the cheerful clatter of men in John Deere hats on this rainy spring morning"
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Strykur;842855217 said:

When the whole legacy media sphere spews leftist bullshit all day, the counter to it becomes severe.


Yes, this is also part of the core message coming out of the conservative media bubble: all other media is "leftist."

Thank you for demonstrating it.
BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who is going to impersonate Scaramucci on SNL?
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearNIt;842855265 said:

Who is going to impersonate Scaramucci on SNL?


Joe Pesce.
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Strykur;842855217 said:

When the whole legacy media sphere spews leftist bullshit all day, the counter to it becomes severe.


That is not true and you are old enough and have access to enough information--including here--to educate yourself and grow up. You really are able to learn and change your conclusions which are inaccurate. Leftist, by the way, isn't a dirty word and doesn't mean what you think it does. You use it as simplistic pejorative propaganda. Learn.
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS;842855274 said:

Joe Pesce.


That's exactly who I was going to say!! Either him or Ray Liotta.
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GB54;842855237 said:

Centrist bullshit. The NYT which merrily supported Iraq, the trade agreeements, the corporate duopoly, then endorsed the chief corporate ball washer before the primaries. And then were shocked when Trump won because none of their friends voted for him. And now we're all living in the 1930's in Berlin waiting for the storm troopers to take away our high thread count sheets. But first we'll send a reporter to the heartland to write about these poor dunces who voted for Trump:

"Dot's diner in Ford Dodge Iowa is alive with the cheerful clatter of men in John Deere hats on this rainy spring morning"


The NYT merrily ran along with the "Hillary's emails" story right up until election day. It was their biggest front-page story, clearly to the detriment of the more liberal candidate. But sure, the mainstream media is unbelievably "leftist."
Strykur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey;842855292 said:

The NYT merrily ran along with the "Hillary's emails" story right up until election day. It was their biggest front-page story, clearly to the detriment of the more liberal candidate. But sure, the mainstream media is unbelievably "leftist."


The mainstream media is leftist, if you don't think it is, you are asleep or incredibly stupid. Fox News (sort of) and Breitbart are right-wing, duh, yet the NYTimes/CNN/Amazon Post are infallible and not biased. Get real.

blungld;842855283 said:

That is not true and you are old enough and have access to enough information--including here--to educate yourself and grow up. You really are able to learn and change your conclusions which are inaccurate. Leftist, by the way, isn't a dirty word and doesn't mean what you think it does. You use it as simplistic pejorative propaganda. Learn.


It is true, you are wrong. But you are leftist, and therefore lost.
GB54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYT is a centrist- left paper. Their ideology runs to Corporate Democrat which used to be called Moderate Republican. They are still capable of decent reporting but their columnists and editorial board have been totally unhinged by Trump Derangement Syndrome and the "our democracy is at stake" fantasies.
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Strykur;842855294 said:

Fox News (sort of)

Another affirmation of your lack of credibility.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS;842855309 said:

Another affirmation of your lack of credibility.


http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2015/jan/29/punditfact-checks-cable-news-channels/
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Strykur;842855294 said:

The mainstream media is leftist, if you don't think it is, you are asleep or incredibly stupid. Fox News (sort of) and Breitbart are right-wing, duh, yet the NYTimes/CNN/Amazon Post are infallible and not biased. Get real.



It is true, you are wrong. But you are leftist, and therefore lost.


Every single rightist wants to have a gun to shoot children for fun. If you don't believe me it's because you are an ignorant rightist. I know what every single rightist thinks and it is exactly the same thing--they are all identical and they have an agenda that they all know and so they act as one like zombies. As a leftist, I am an expert on rightists and can't be fooled by their lying rightist media. This is what informed conversation looks like.
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blungld;842855323 said:

Every single rightist wants to have a gun to shoot children for fun. If you don't believe me it's because you are an ignorant rightist. I know what every single rightist thinks and it is exactly the same thing--they are all identical and they have an agenda that they all know and so they act as one like zombies. As a leftist, I am an expert on rightists and can't be fooled by their lying rightist media. This is what informed conversation looks like.

I take back my snowflake comment.
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS;842855326 said:

I take back my snowflake comment.


Why are white supremacists so down on pure white snowflakes?
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blungld;842855332 said:

Why are white supremacists so down on pure white snowflakes?


They hate individuality and uniqueness. The white part they're good with.
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks;842855289 said:

That's exactly who I was going to say!! Either him or Ray Liotta.


1. Ray Liotta
2. Rob Lowe
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS;842855274 said:

Joe Pesce.


That means Joe is going to be double booked because I am casting him in my independent film: I never heard of, of, rape and a man: The Joe Paterno Story. Jerry Van Dyke is currently auditioning for the role of Jerry "Giggles" Sandusky.





bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/22/read-anthony-scaramuccis-old-tweets-youll-understand-why-he-deleted-them/?utm_term=.6f20faabb23c



https://apple.news/AC5__FylmTlKlO5VgCtgO7Q
BearDevil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trump Jr and Manafort agreed to meet with Congress in private and discuss their involvement with Russia, but won't testify under oath. WTF?!? If there weren't any prior inconsistencies in their stories, they wouldn't need to be re-questioned. They can lie again with zero consequences, so why bother questioning them?

Senate already voted 98-2 to enforce Russian sanctions. Added Iran and North Korea to a bill the House will vote on. If only 45% of Trump voters believe Trump Jr even met with Russians, may not get enough House votes for a veto proof majority in spite of the previous Senate vote.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The only hope is that Mueller fleshes out the Russian money laundering angle and it leads to non POTUS pardonable criminal violations of New York State law and the entire pomade posse, including its leader, ends up in state prison. Sing Sing and Attica have a nice ring to them. A perp walk through the Rose Garden would test the limits of Huckabee's and Conway's spin capabilities.

Summary of Jerry Kushner's prepared statement:

"I'm naive at this political stuff. I get a lot of emails and don't read them. I meet a lot of people. And last, but not least, I DON'T RECALL."
sp4149
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wouldn't this be a RICO case and involve forfeiture of family assets? THAT WOULD BE WORSE THAN PRISON FOR THE TRUMP DYNASTY...

bearister;842855516 said:

The only hope is that Mueller fleshes out the Russian money laundering angle and it leads to non POTUS pardonable criminal violations of New York State law and the entire pomade posse, including its leader, ends up in state prison. Sing Sing and Attica have a nice ring to them. A perp walk through the Rose Garden would test the limits of Huckabee's and Conway's spin capabilities.

Summary of Jerry Kushner's prepared statement:

"I'm naive at this political stuff. I get a lot of emails and don't read them. I meet a lot of people. And last, but not least, I DON'T RECALL."
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sp4149;842855630 said:

Wouldn't this be a RICO case and involve forfeiture of family assets? THAT WOULD BE WORSE THAN PRISON FOR THE TRUMP DYNASTY...


I was not a criminal law practitioner so I am punching above my weight class here:
RICO is a federal statute so Trump has pardon powers in this area. However, the state of New York has it's own statutory equivalent of RICO under New York Penal Code Article 460, et seq., and Trump cannot pardon anyone being prosecuted under that statutory scheme. I assume it also has ill gotten gains forfeiture provisions.

Trump getting the Boy Scouts to boo Hillary and President Obama is Hitler Youth sh@t.
ducky23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah that Boy Scouts $hit was pretty scary.

If America wants their children brainwashed by trump, go right ahead. It'll just make it that much easier for my kids to kick their ass once they enter the real world.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tony the Mooch


http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5976c1ade4b0a8a40e81b3b6


The Godfather: Part II (1974)
Senator Pat Geary: Mr. Cici, was there always a buffer involved?
Willi Cici: A what?
Senator Pat Geary: A buffer. Someone in between you and your possible superiors who passed on to you the actual order to kill someone.
Willi Cici: Oh yeah, a buffer. The family had a lot of buffers!

"It is no longer sufficient to brand Donald Trump as abnormal, a designation that is surely applicable but that falls significantly short in registering the magnitude of the menace.

The standard nomenclature of normal politics must be abandoned. What we are witnessing is nothing less than an assault on the fundamentals of the country itself: on our legacy institutions and our sense of protocol, decency and honesty." Charles Blow, NY Times
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trump dumped Reince Priebus and will soon do the same to Jeff Sessions, two of his earliest supporters. Both went out on a limb for him. Lots of loyalty this guy has. He's done. No one worth half a damn is going to work for him now.
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS;842856899 said:

Trump dumped Reince Priebus and will soon do the same to Jeff Sessions, two of his earliest supporters. Both went out on a limb for him. Lots of loyalty this guy has. He's done. No one worth half a damn is going to work for him now.


Can't imagine this plays well with the Republican establishment. Between the failure of the health care bill and the above s***show, how long until they decide it's better to dump Trump for Pence?
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey;842856904 said:

Can't imagine this plays well with the Republican establishment. Between the failure of the health care bill and the above s***show, how long until they decide it's better to dump Trump for Pence?

Lindsay Graham has already said that if Trump fires Sessions "there will be hell to pay".
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.