OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

487,535 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Matthew Patel said:

> Paul Manafort is in prison for it.
PM's wikipedia page reminds..
> On May 13, 2020, Manafort was released to home confinement due to the threat of COVID-19> Trump Disease.

;~)
NYCGOBEARS
Matthew Patel said:

Unit2Sucks said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

Matthew Patel said:

Unit2Sucks said:

The senate released it's 5th and final bipartisan report on Russian Interference in the 2016 election. Among many other things, it provides further support that Trump lied in his written answers to Mueller. Of course, Republicans will distance themselves from the report because it doesn't exonerate Trump or his associates - far from it or gaslight that the report does exonerate Trump and his associates.

This is a 1,000 page report so a lot will be coming out about this in the next few days.

Some highlights from Axios:

Manafort: "Taken as a whole, Manafort's high level access and willingness to share information with individuals closely affiliated with the Russian intelligence services, particularly Kilimnik and associates of Oleg Deripaska, represented a grave counterintelligence threat," the committee wrote.

Roger Stone/WikiLeaks: The committee found that then-candidate Trump and senior campaign officials attempted to obtain advance information about WikiLeaks' release of damaging emails from Roger Stone, who they believed had inside information. It also assessed that Trump spoke with Stone about WikiLeaks on "multiple occasions," despite the fact that the president said he did not recall doing so in written answers to special counsel Robert Mueller.

Michael Cohen/Russia business deal: The report found that by the end of 2015, Trump's former personal lawyer had "reached out to the Kremlin directly to solicit the Russian government's assistance" about building a Trump Tower in Moscow.
It continues to amaze how hard you all still cling to Russiagate.
You call reacting to a bipartisan, GOP led investigative report that basically confirms criminal behavior by the Trump Administration "clinging"? Got it. You have zero credibility, even as a troll.
The criminals were found guilty. Were you expecting the non-criminals to be found guilty as well? If so, that's your problem.
DOJ policy is that the President can't be indicted. Mueller followed that policy. So, the question of Trump crimes is unanswered. The question of Trump campaign collusion with Russia has been answered and it happened.
Unfortunately for you, it wasn't. I've shown you this multiple times. You can't show it because it doesn't exist.

You make claims about the reports that are not backed up by what the reports say. Then you wonder why people here question your credibility and motives.
I guess Reuters is fake news now too?

Quote:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Russia used Republican political operative Paul Manafort and the WikiLeaks website to try to help now-U.S. President Donald Trump win the 2016 election, a Republican-led Senate committee said in its final review of the matter on Tuesday.

WikiLeaks played a key role in Russia's effort to assist Republican Trump's campaign against Democrat Hillary Clinton and likely knew it was helping Russian intelligence, said the 966-page report, which is likely to be the most definitive public account of the 2016 election controversy.

The report found President Vladimir Putin personally directed the Russian efforts to hack computer networks and accounts affiliated with the Democratic Party and leak information damaging to Clinton.
Asked about the report at an event in Yuma, Arizona, Trump said: "I don't know anything about it. I didn't read it."

Paul Manafort is in prison for it.

There is no new news on Russiagate. Collusion was not there. Russia did what Russia was always going to do, regardless of the happiness it gave Trump and his operatives, many of whom are in jail.

You keep pretending that some new information has come out when it's just regurgitated old information.

The term "collusion" was always a head fake. That isn't a legal term. Conspiracy and obstruction of justice is the correct terminology for Trump and his co-conspirators crimes.
bearister
Trump and Miss Moscow: Report Examines Possible Compromises in Russia Trips

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/18/us/politics/trump-russia-senate-intelligence.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/08/18/us/politics/trump-russia-senate-intelligence.amp.html
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dajo9
NYCGOBEARS said:

Matthew Patel said:

Unit2Sucks said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

Matthew Patel said:

Unit2Sucks said:

The senate released it's 5th and final bipartisan report on Russian Interference in the 2016 election. Among many other things, it provides further support that Trump lied in his written answers to Mueller. Of course, Republicans will distance themselves from the report because it doesn't exonerate Trump or his associates - far from it or gaslight that the report does exonerate Trump and his associates.

This is a 1,000 page report so a lot will be coming out about this in the next few days.

Some highlights from Axios:

Manafort: "Taken as a whole, Manafort's high level access and willingness to share information with individuals closely affiliated with the Russian intelligence services, particularly Kilimnik and associates of Oleg Deripaska, represented a grave counterintelligence threat," the committee wrote.

Roger Stone/WikiLeaks: The committee found that then-candidate Trump and senior campaign officials attempted to obtain advance information about WikiLeaks' release of damaging emails from Roger Stone, who they believed had inside information. It also assessed that Trump spoke with Stone about WikiLeaks on "multiple occasions," despite the fact that the president said he did not recall doing so in written answers to special counsel Robert Mueller.

Michael Cohen/Russia business deal: The report found that by the end of 2015, Trump's former personal lawyer had "reached out to the Kremlin directly to solicit the Russian government's assistance" about building a Trump Tower in Moscow.
It continues to amaze how hard you all still cling to Russiagate.
You call reacting to a bipartisan, GOP led investigative report that basically confirms criminal behavior by the Trump Administration "clinging"? Got it. You have zero credibility, even as a troll.
The criminals were found guilty. Were you expecting the non-criminals to be found guilty as well? If so, that's your problem.
DOJ policy is that the President can't be indicted. Mueller followed that policy. So, the question of Trump crimes is unanswered. The question of Trump campaign collusion with Russia has been answered and it happened.
Unfortunately for you, it wasn't. I've shown you this multiple times. You can't show it because it doesn't exist.

You make claims about the reports that are not backed up by what the reports say. Then you wonder why people here question your credibility and motives.
I guess Reuters is fake news now too?

Quote:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Russia used Republican political operative Paul Manafort and the WikiLeaks website to try to help now-U.S. President Donald Trump win the 2016 election, a Republican-led Senate committee said in its final review of the matter on Tuesday.

WikiLeaks played a key role in Russia's effort to assist Republican Trump's campaign against Democrat Hillary Clinton and likely knew it was helping Russian intelligence, said the 966-page report, which is likely to be the most definitive public account of the 2016 election controversy.

The report found President Vladimir Putin personally directed the Russian efforts to hack computer networks and accounts affiliated with the Democratic Party and leak information damaging to Clinton.
Asked about the report at an event in Yuma, Arizona, Trump said: "I don't know anything about it. I didn't read it."

There is no new news on Russiagate. Collusion was not there. Russia did what Russia was always going to do, regardless of the happiness it gave Trump and his operatives, many of whom are in jail.

You keep pretending that some new information has come out when it's just regurgitated old information.

The term "collusion" was always a head fake. That isn't a legal term. Conspiracy and obstruction of justice is the correct terminology for Trump and his co-conspirators crimes.

I like collusion because it's not tied up in legalities. There was clear, undeniable collusion between Russian intelligence and the Trump campaign. Was there criminality? I'll wait for Biden's AG to make that determination since current DOJ policy will not allow that question to be answered.
American Vermin
Krugman Is A Moron
dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

It must be new to you. You were denying Roger Stone was connected to WikiLeaks just weeks ago.
Unfortunately for you, that also hasn't changed. Stone, being a career liar, lied that he had advance knowledge of what they had, but he didn't.

You just keep imagining that the same stuff told multiple times means new information. It doesn't.
dajo9
Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

It must be new to you. You were denying Roger Stone was connected to WikiLeaks just weeks ago.
Unfortunately for you, that also hasn't changed. Stone, being a career liar, lied that he had advance knowledge of what they had, but he didn't.

You just keep imagining that the same stuff told multiple times means new information. It doesn't.

Ok, Trump guy
American Vermin
Krugman Is A Moron
dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

Ok, Trump guy
And it ends the same way it always does. You can't substantiate anything, so you resort to calling me a Trump guy.
dajo9
Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

Ok, Trump guy
And it ends the same way it always does. You can't substantiate anything, so you resort to calling me a Trump guy.

Dude, it's substantiated all over these boards and the news. It's not like me treating you like a fair arbiter of facts is going to change anything. You will just continue to help Trump as you've done from day 1 on these boards.
American Vermin
Krugman Is A Moron
dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

Ok, Trump guy
Dude, it's substantiated all over these boards and the news. It's not like me treating you like a fair arbiter of facts is going to change anything. You will just continue to help Trump as you've done from day 1 on these boards.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/08/18/senates-big-russia-report-what-we-learned-what-it-means/

"The report, like its predecessors, does not allege a conspiracy or collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia."
dajo9
Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

Ok, Trump guy
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/08/18/senates-big-russia-report-what-we-learned-what-it-means/

"The report, like its predecessors, does not allege a conspiracy or collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/08/19/yes-there-was-collusion/%3foutputType=amp

"As it turns out, there really was collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia"

These articles are behind paywalls so I haven't really read either but I suspect your article is using the word collusion as a synonym for criminal conspiracy. Following Trump's lead of muddying the words and definitions.

There is collusion. Criminal conspiracy? We'll see.
American Vermin
Unit2Sucks
Reply to this post if you are like Don Jr.

Krugman Is A Moron
dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

Ok, Trump guy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/08/19/yes-there-was-collusion/%3foutputType=amp

"As it turns out, there really was collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia"
I appreciate you linking opinion columns that you can't read. I could show you how to read them for free, but you are not deserving of that knowledge.

And the people quoted in the piece, as well as the author all enjoyed perpetuating the conspiracy theories that were never proven.
Krugman Is A Moron
Never Trump resistance hero to dajo9, Jennifer Rubin, just covered herself in glory on Twitter that same day and okaydo forgot to post it for us. Fortunately, I'm here to keep him properly humbled.

Jennifer Rubin, circa 2012

Jennifer Rubin, circa 2020

I dearly look forward to all Jennifer Rubin articles that dajo9 shares with us.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
NYCGOBEARS
Matthew Patel said:

Never Trump resistance hero to dajo9, Jennifer Rubin, just covered herself in glory on Twitter that same day and okaydo forgot to post it for us. Fortunately, I'm here to keep him properly humbled.

Some people evolve their character and ideas. Maybe you should try it if possible?
Krugman Is A Moron
NYCGOBEARS said:

Matthew Patel said:

Some people evolve their character and ideas. Maybe you should try it if possible?
And some people are easily conned.
NYCGOBEARS
Matthew Patel said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

Matthew Patel said:

And some people are easily conned.

I guess you'd know all about that.
Unit2Sucks
Totally legal and totally cool.

bearister
" And Mueller? He was incapable of navigating the world remade by Trump. He conducted himself with scrupulous integrity and allowed his team to be intimidated by people who had no scruples at all. His deep aversion to publicity silenced him when the public badly needed clarity about the special counsel's dense, ambiguous, at times unreadable report. His sense of fairness surrendered the facts of presidential criminality to an administration that was at war with facts. He trusted his friend Barr to play it straight, not realizing that Barr had gone crooked. He left the job of holding the president accountable to a Congress that had shown itself to be Trump's willing accomplice. He wanted, above all, to warn the American people about foreign subversion of our democracy, while the greater subversion gathered force here at home."

The Inside Story of the Mueller Probe's Mistakes

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/andrew-weissmann-mueller-book-where-law-ends/616395/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Krugman Is A Moron
bearister said:

" And Mueller? He was incapable of navigating the world remade by Trump. He conducted himself with scrupulous integrity and allowed his team to be intimidated by people who had no scruples at all. His deep aversion to publicity silenced him when the public badly needed clarity about the special counsel's dense, ambiguous, at times unreadable report. His sense of fairness surrendered the facts of presidential criminality to an administration that was at war with facts. He trusted his friend Barr to play it straight, not realizing that Barr had gone crooked. He left the job of holding the president accountable to a Congress that had shown itself to be Trump's willing accomplice. He wanted, above all, to warn the American people about foreign subversion of our democracy, while the greater subversion gathered force here at home."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/andrew-weissmann-mueller-book-where-law-ends/616395/
"and became the head of the Justice Department's criminal-fraud section under President Obama."

Well, that explains his bias
Blueblood
Matthew Patel said:

bearister said:

"and became the head of the Justice Department's criminal-fraud section under President Obama."

Well, that explains his bias

Muller is a Republican!
Yogi38
"From day one, Andrew Weissmann and the Enron Task Force have been pushing the envelope beyond where it could go," said Ramsey. "This is a destruction of their credibility."

https://www.chron.com/business/enron/article/Supreme-Court-overturns-Arthur-Andersen-s-Enron-1940557.php

Even Jewish saint Ruth Bader Ginsburg ruled against him.
Blueblood
Garou said:

"From day one, Andrew Weissmann and the Enron Task Force have been pushing the envelope beyond where it could go," said Ramsey. "This is a destruction of their credibility."

https://www.chron.com/business/enron/article/Supreme-Court-overturns-Arthur-Andersen-s-Enron-1940557.php

Even Jewish saint Ruth Bader Ginsburg ruled against him.

"Hey garou, see my thumb,
gee you're dumb!"
Yogi38
https://freebeacon.com/media/andrew-weissmann-to-part-ways-with-msnbc-over-biden-fundraiser/
Yogi38
Blueblood

hey garou, pay attention now!

see my tiny thumb?

BearForce2
NYCGOBEARS said:

tequila4kapp;842840221 said:

It is important that Americans can have confidence in the operation of its government so this is an appropriate move.

I predict now there will be zero evidence of collusion, zero criminal activity against Trump, zero grounds for impeachment but that some small number of people like Flynn will be charged with other matters such as not registering as an agent after receiving funds from Turkey.

I predict that you will be wrong on most counts.

He was right and you were wrong but that was 2017.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Blueblood
....another trump republican lame deflection....c'mon, let's talk trump's taxes! Like what's he hiding?

BearForce2

New details emerge in Russia investigation.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Anarchistbear
The major source for the Steele Dossier was a suspected Russian spy who made all the stuff up. A FISA inquiry was then opened on Carter Page, a fake Russian spy who was actually a CIA informer. The collusion hoax is now turned inside out.

One is attempted to say this is reminiscent of LeCarre but it actually is more like Inspector Clouseau

Once again the major meddllers in the 2016 US election were shown to be the FBI.
BearNIt
Anarchistbear said:

The major source for the Steele Dossier was a suspected Russian spy who made all the stuff up. A FISA inquiry was then opened on Carter Page, a fake Russian spy who was actually a CIA informer. The collusion hoax is now turned inside out.

One is attempted to say this is reminiscent of LeCarre but it actually is more like Inspector Clouseau

Once again the major meddllers in the 2016 US election were shown to be the FBI.
The major meddlers in the 2016 election were the Russians. Vilifying the FBI is something that Captain Catastrophe does to keep the public from trusting the FBI. I have known quite a few FBI agents and they are nothing but patriotic and dare I say conservative. It is a fairytale to think that went out of their way with no reason to screw with the Criminal in Chief. The Senate Intel report that was bipartisan address this? Both parties agreed that the threat from Russia persists. The committee's lengthy investigation further enforced Mueller's findings that Russia engaged in a sweeping and multipronged effort to influence the outcome of the 2016 election, which has led to a bipartisan push in Washington to further address election interference threats from Russia and other foreign adversaries. Yes the FBI came under scrutiny for its handling of the Steele dossier but that didn't make it any less important when paired with Manafort slipping Kilimnik polling information. Don't forget, the Criminal in Chief and his minions were having a number of contacts with Russians that they lied about over and over and over and over again. Hell, Kushner lied so much he had to change his answers, and had he not been the son-in-law of Captain Catastrophe he couldn't have passed the background check to obtain a security clearance. If he doesn't win reelection he will be indicted as will other members of his family.

Anarchistbear
BearNIt said:

Anarchistbear said:

The major meddlers in the 2016 election were the Russians. Vilifying the FBI is something that Captain Catastrophe does to keep the public from trusting the FBI. I have known quite a few FBI agents and they are nothing but patriotic and dare I say conservative. It is a fairytale to think that went out of their way with no reason to screw with the Criminal in Chief. The Senate Intel report that was bipartisan address this? Both parties agreed that the threat from Russia persists. The committee's lengthy investigation further enforced Mueller's findings that Russia engaged in a sweeping and multipronged effort to influence the outcome of the 2016 election, which has led to a bipartisan push in Washington to further address election interference threats from Russia and other foreign adversaries. Yes the FBI came under scrutiny for its handling of the Steele dossier but that didn't make it any less important when paired with Manafort slipping Kilimnik polling information. Don't forget, the Criminal in Chief and his minions were having a number of contacts with Russians that they lied about over and over and over and over again. Hell, Kushner lied so much he had to change his answers, and had he not been the son-in-law of Captain Catastrophe he couldn't have passed the background check to obtain a security clearance. If he doesn't win reelection he will be indicted as will other members of his family.

The FBI deserves the villification; first for their handling of Clinton by Comey and then by total corruption of the FISA process

No Americans have been charged with anything to do with Russian interference nor did Mueller- with the full resources of the government- find any conspiracy between Trump and Rusdians

The massive interference you talk about was a penny ante campaign with a few clickbait Facebook ads

This whole thing which occupied attention for three years was a massive hoax
chazzed
It's intriguing how the "anarchist" and "more-enlightened-than-anybody progressive" (with 103 accounts) are de facto Trump supporters and, without fail, downplay interference by other countries. If thlat is what being enlightened means, I'll have no part of it.
Anarchistbear
chazzed said:

It's intriguing how the "anarchist" and "more-enlightened-than-anybody progressive" (with 103 accounts) are de facto Trump supporters and, without fail, downplay interference by other countries. If thlat is what being enlightened means, I'll have no part of it.

This whole exercise is just two corrupt parties fighting for power- the Durham Report is another example. Opposing the fabrications of one doesn't make you a supporter of the second; neither does blindly supporting the lies of either make you enlightened.
Krugman Is A Moron
chazzed said:

sycasey
chazzed said:

They are not Trump supporters. They are so devoted to the standard "both parties are equally bad" narrative (because that allows them to snipe from the sidelines and not have to commit to anything) that they start to look like they're supporting the party that, right now, actually is worse than the other. You kind of have to do that to keep the narrative going.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.