OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

487,724 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Full Trump - Harris Faulkner interview from yesterday.
Trump floating excuses and bs, trying to maintain support.

concordtom
Question that Steve Ducey alluded to:

The campaign finance felony Trump may have directed has a five-year statute of limitations, after which time a defendant cannot be tried if he has not been indicted. What if President Trump wins a second term?

There is no way Trump wins reelection.
What are the odds? I'd put money on it!
concordtom
Trump tweeted:

"I never directed Michael Cohen to break the law," Trump wrote. "He was a lawyer and he is supposed to know the law. It is called 'advice of counsel,' and a lawyer has great liability if a mistake is made. That is why they get paid."

That made me guffaw.
So, now he's trying to say,

"Ok, you got me. I had sex with her.
Ok, you got me. We paid her off.
Ok, you got me. It was right before the election and not years ago because we wanted to influence the election, not protect Melania from knowing.
Ok, you me. It was all morally and ethically wrong. Legally too, as it involved a campaign finance violation.
But the legal illegality was not my fault. It's Cohen's fault. Because he's my counsel and I had to rely on him and his professional judgment with these matters.
I am the victim here!
I am innocent!"
concordtom
And yet, by Trump tweeting that excuse, he just may have blown the lid off 7000 pieces of evidence!

American Civil Liberties Union attorney Joshua Block pointed out the potential issue with Trump's defense here.

"Asserting an 'advice of counsel' defense generally constitutes a waiver of attorney client privilege, Block tweeted. "Maybe the materials withheld by the special master Barbara Jones will eventually be turned over to SDNY after all."

"It is well understood that raising an advice of counsel defense consequently waives attorney/client privilege," Stuart M. Gersonwrote in The National Law Review. "Moreover, because a limited waiver of the privilege is rarely recognized, the door likely will open to an examination of any relevant communication between the party and the attorney, even beyond the area that encompasses the particular alleged advice of counsel at issue."

Recall: Cohen and Trump went to great lengths earlier this year to keep several documents seized from Cohen's home, hotel, and offices protected by the attorney-client privilege. With no objections from counsel or the prosecution, Jonesa former judgewas appointed the special master in charge of making such determinations. Ultimately, Jones found over 7,000 privileged items amidst those materials seized by law enforcement, according to the final special master report filed with the Southern District of New York (SDNY).

Those privilege designations could swiftly go the way of the dodo.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/trumps-advice-of-counsel-tweets-trashing-michael-cohen-may-have-just-waived-attorney-client-privilege/

Hahahaha !!!!!!!!!!

B.A. Bearacus
Fire experts, what's the one up from dumpster?
NYCGOBEARS
B.A. Bearacus said:

Fire experts, what's the one up from dumpster?

A mysterious nightclub fire.
bearister
"Cohen's admission makes it harder for Republicans to claim that Trump didn't violate the law. But it doesn't really matter. For many Republicans, Trump remains uncorrupt, indeed, anticorrupt, because what they fear most isn't the corruption of American law; it's the corruption of America's traditional identity. And in the struggle against that form of corruption...Trump isn't the problem. He's the solution." Peter Beinart, The Atlantic
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
Peanut Gallery Consultant
Eastern Oregon Bear
B.A. Bearacus
Your mobster president.

More diverse voices coming forward to tell the mob boss in chief to cut the shiit out right now.
bearister
tRump thinks losing your hair is a sign of weakness and a loss of masculinity so he felt it necessary to run Stephen Miller out on the Sunday talkies with spray on hair. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present for your consideration, the spokesman for the Clownocracy:

bearister

Anarchistbear
Lawyers as rats. Rats as lawyers.
B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear
Quote:

Schiff explains why he wants to obtain Trump's Deutsche Bank records

"The concern about Deutsche Bank is they have a history of laundering Russian money," Schiff said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/schiff-if-trump-s-ties-to-deutsche-bank-are-a-form-of-compromise-it-needs-to-be-exposed-1399362115827

This is going to get interesting for many reasons, like how Anthony Kennedy factors into this given he made a "gentleman's agreement" with Trump on his SC seat...but Kennedy's son also gave Trump a billion dollar loan, despite being a massive risk to skip. Can you say stain on legacy.
bearister
Beginer's Guide to 17 Mad King Investigations:

https://www.wired.com/story/mueller-investigation-trump-russia-complete-guide/
B.A. Bearacus

Meanwhile, someone with good hair is pulling his hair out after speaking with Republicans today...
Another Bear
Miller has to get with the program and modern fakes. Here's the fake hairline tattoo.

bearister
I'm kind of thinking Mike from Breaking Bad got into Stephen Miller's mom's drawers:

bearister
Russian disinformation teams targeted Mueller:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/business/technology/russian-disinformation-teams-targeted-robert-s-mueller-iii-says-report-prepared-for-senate/2018/12/17/0e0047f6-0230-11e9-8186-4ec26a485713_story.html
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus

concordtom
I hope Mr. Lock Her Up goes to jail for a long time.
I hope they all go to jail for a long time.
I think they ALL knew what they were doing was wrong, and yet....

I've been a fiduciary on large sums, and it got my attention good to do right. Same for those around me.
People who are brazen in bending the rules and thinking they can cut corners? Yeah, I know the type. Lock 'me up!
That's not how great societies are created.
Make America Honest Again.
golden sloth
Find America's Dignity Again!
OBear073akaSMFan
concordtom said:

Question that Steve Ducey alluded to:

The campaign finance felony Trump may have directed has a five-year statute of limitations, after which time a defendant cannot be tried if he has not been indicted. What if President Trump wins a second term?

Many of the legal minds on MSNBC thinks the Moron is an unindicted conspirator (sealed) which if so, would resolve the statute of limitation issue.

concordtom
AGAM

America will be
Great
After the
Monster

(They've had it all backwards)
blungld
concordtom said:

AGAM

America will be
Great
After the
Monster

Make America Gracist Again

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
concordtom
blungld said:

concordtom said:

AGAM

America will be
Great
After the
Monster

Make America Gracist Again
Make America Gracious Again.
Genuine.
Grateful.

MAHA.
Make America Honorable Again.
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
Unit2Sucks
Unit2Sucks said:

LOL at the idea of Trump taking the mantle for anything negative. I can guarantee you he will blame Chuck and Nancy and anyone else he can if he shuts down the government. If he stood up and took responsibility for something negative he caused, it would be the first time in his life.

Called it although almost feel guilty taking credit for something so blindingly obvious.
golden sloth
Yup, and to elaborate:

Quote:

Before meeting with Senate Republicans at the White House, Trump had written on Twitter that "Democrats now own the shutdown," despite having said last week that he would be "proud" to shut down the government over the issue of border security and "I'll be the one to shut it down."

"If the Dems vote no, there will be a shutdown that will last for a very long time," he said in another tweet before meeting with Republican senators.
I don't know how people can believe in this man, he deserves to be punched in the face.
bearister
Stan McChrystal leads a military coup. Martial law in the flyovers only. All oxy laced with rat poison. Mad King's base subdued or destroyed.

B.A. Bearacus
golden sloth said:

I don't know how people can believe in this man, he deserves to be punched in the face.
Never heard Sloth this irate. Things reaching a boiling point on here as they are in our country.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

golden sloth said:

Never heard Sloth this irate. Things reaching a boiling point on here as they are in our country.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.