OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

487,403 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
Strykur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DangerBear;842853731 said:

So I'm guessing that when Trump pulls an Assad and gasses the people's republic of Berkeley you'll be cheering rather than supporting impeachment.

Correct, and hope he paves over People's Park to top it off.
GB54
Strykur;842853723 said:

No, it's actually the opposite.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/07/13/prof-gen-z-more-conservative-millennials/

You need to do better than this. Sanders won more youth votes in the primaries than Trump and Clinton combined. In the general Trump won 1/3. The thing that is different is that they don't identify with parties as much
BearNIt
Did Trumpito Jr. really not disclose that there was another person in the meeting that he had with the Russian lawyer and that the person he forgot to mention was an ex Russian counter-intelligence officer? Now comes further information that a sixth person was at the meeting per Trumpito Jr.'s attorney. Why not make full disclosure of who was at the meeting as you have already been caught? Kushner, Manafort, Trumpito Jr., and others will be questioned about this meeting in detail and somebody better have some answers. Why try to hide the identities of the other participants? Trumpio Jr. is like a chimp who has been given a loaded gun in a room full of people. He keeps pulling the trigger and people are scrambling to get out of the way. Drip, drip, drip, drip!
bearister
I hope the youth enamored with Bernie are willing to roll up their sleeves, work hard, and start looking at a job as more than a 1 year commitment that funds 6 months of globe trotting because once us old farts die off somebody has to generate cash to fund the giveaways. I am a Dem but will not vote for a Progressive. We have jilted Sanders supporters to thank (along with the Russians) for imposing Cheeto on us.
BearDevil
BearNIt;842853742 said:

Did Trumpito Jr. really not disclose that there was another person in the meeting that he had with the Russian lawyer and that the person he forgot to mention was an ex Russian counter-intelligence officer? Now comes further information that a sixth person was at the meeting per Trumpito Jr.'s attorney. Why not make full disclosure of who was at the meeting as you have already been caught? Kushner, Manafort, Trumpito Jr., and others will be questioned about this meeting in detail and somebody better have some answers. Why try to hide the identities of the other participants? Trumpio Jr. is like a chimp who has been given a loaded gun in a room full of people. He keeps pulling the trigger and people are scrambling to get out of the way. Drip, drip, drip, drip!

Such a weird spiral for the Trumps-bizarre, erratic behavior limits the number of competent professionals who will work with them, so they're forced to deal with hacks. They're not getting top tier legal representation, they ignore their advice they get, and have to overpay since they create such chaos.

No surprise that Kasich, Portman, Mitch Daniels, and Colin Powell steered clear of Trump, but Newt, Christie, and Pence desperately wanted in. Carson, Perry, Reince, Conway, Bannon, Spicer, and Huckabee are all a mess. Curious how much longer Haley, Mattis, and Tillerson put up with the circus.
bearister
BearDevil;842853745 said:

Such a weird spiral for the Trumps-bizarre, erratic behavior limits the number of competent professionals who will work with them, so they're forced to deal with hacks. They're not getting top tier legal representation, they ignore their advice they get, and have to overpay since they create such chaos.

No surprise that Kasich, Portman, Mitch Daniels, and Colin Powell steered clear of Trump, but Newt, Christie, and Pence desperately wanted in. Carson, Perry, Reince, Conway, Bannon, Spicer, and Huckabee are all a mess. Curious how much longer Haley, Mattis, and Tillerson put up with the circus.

You raise a very scary point. For the sake of the Republic let's hope the competent ones feel a moral obligation to hang in there or else we could end up with an all Gary Busey cabinet with Erik Prince as the Sheriff of Nottingham.
GB54
bearister;842853744 said:

I hope the youth enamored with Bernie are willing to roll up their sleeves, work hard, and start looking at a job as more than a 1 year commitment that funds 6 months of globe trotting because once us old farts die off somebody has to generate cash to fund the giveaways. I am a Dem but will not vote for a Progressive. We have jilted Sanders supporters to thank (along with the Russians) for imposing Cheeto on us.

Death to the Boomers- they're the ones who gave us Trump and Clinton as a choice. Why would anyone vote for one of them?.

The boomer die off will be the best thing that happens to our politics. Don't believe me- read the Climate Change thread.
bearister
GB54;842853747 said:

Death to the Boomers- they're the ones who gave us Trump and Clinton as a choice. Why would anyone vote for one of them?.

The boomer die off will be the best thing that happens to our politics. Don't believe me- read the Climate Change thread.

But the society and culture will noticeably change when the last of us raised in an era when you didn't get a trophy for just showing up dies off.
sycasey
bearister;842853753 said:

But the society and culture will noticeably change when the last of us raised in an era when you didn't get a trophy for just showing up dies off.

It's Boomers who raised Millennials this way, so they have no one to blame but themselves. (And to be clear, Millennials might have been TOLD these things as children, but when they actually came of age they got endless war in the Middle East, the biggest economic crash since 1929, and massive student debt. None of that is their fault.)

These things move in cycles. Another generation will rise behind the current configuration to shake up the culture again. What's needed now is leadership and will for collective action.
BearChemist
BearNIt;842853742 said:

That's how Trump camp keep Republicans hostages. Only released the minimum amount of info so moderates can get behind by staying mum. Now we know there was a second Russian in the meeting, but why draw the line between one and two Russians attending the meeting? Next step: Trump 45 himself briefly dropped by and greet the Russians, but what is the big deal after all his office was just upstairs.
sycasey
Strykur;842853723 said:

No, it's actually the opposite.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/07/13/prof-gen-z-more-conservative-millennials/

The generation behind the Millennials (Gen Z or whatever you call them) will be smaller and less politically powerful. I would not be surprised if they were more conservative as a group.
Strykur
GB54;842853739 said:

You need to do better than this. Sanders won more youth votes in the primaries than Trump and Clinton combined. In the general Trump won 1/3. The thing that is different is that they don't identify with parties as much

You're still stuck on November 8, 2016. Sanders was an interesting phenomenon, but there is no other Democratic Party politician right now who could pull in that vote. The implications are simple: popularity with the Democratic establishment is breaking down, and the party would rather obsess with Russophobia than address this (again, Pelosi and Schumer are still running things).

sycasey;842853767 said:

The generation behind the Millennials (Gen Z or whatever you call them) will be smaller and less politically powerful. I would not be surprised if they were more conservative as a group.

"The PewDiePie Generation"
GB54
Strykur;842853783 said:

You're still stuck on November 8, 2016.

As opposed to cloud cuckoo land
sycasey
Strykur;842853783 said:

You're still stuck on November 8, 2016. Sanders was an interesting phenomenon, but there is no other Democratic Party politician right now who could pull in that vote. The implications are simple: popularity with the Democratic establishment is breaking down, and the party would rather obsess with Russophobia than address this (again, Pelosi and Schumer are still running things).

Dude there's three and a half years to go. This time three years ago, did anyone think Trump could possibly win? Plenty of time for someone to emerge.

Also, not sure if you're paying attention, but if there's one thing the Dem party leadership seems most obsessed with it's stopping the GOP health care repeal. The Russia investigation (and revelations from such) continues independent of whatever Democrats want to do.
Strykur
sycasey;842853786 said:

Dude there's three and a half years to go. This time three years ago, did anyone think Trump could possibly win? Plenty of time for someone to emerge.

If someone does emerge with that kind of pull, his/her name is a total unknown at this moment, which is interesting and mysterious. Any prognostications?

sycasey;842853786 said:

Also, not sure if you're paying attention, but if there's one thing the Dem party leadership seems most obsessed with it's stopping the GOP health care repeal. The Russia investigation (and revelations from such) continues independent of whatever Democrats want to do.

That is not so much the Democratic Party as it is Ryan and McConnell unable to legislate their way out of a paper bag. On the flip side, the failure of the California Democrats to press on single-payer despite all the leftist hype does not bode well for future Democratic Party healthcare policy, at least from a leftist point of view.
sycasey
Strykur;842853787 said:

On the flip side, the failure of the California Democrats to press on single-payer despite all the leftist hype does not bode well for future Democratic Party healthcare policy, at least from a leftist point of view.

It mostly has to do with how California law currently sits: the leaders know that they would have to put this on the ballot as a public referendum, which means a lot more work to get it to where it's winnable.

But the fact that it's even on the table means a big shift from where things sat in the last few decades.
NYCGOBEARS
The thing that will propel single payer is not the left, it's all the people in the middle and right who are realizing that the GOP doesn't have a healthcare plan. They have a tax break plan for the wealthy. Being the opposition party is easy. Ruling is difficult.
dajo9
I engage in a lot of inane debates on this board. The one I refuse to engage in is debating with Republicans / conservatives on what's good for the Democratic Party.
Strykur
dajo9;842853805 said:

I engage in a lot of inane debates on this board. The one I refuse to engage in is debating with Republicans / conservatives on what's good for the Democratic Party.

I think we can all agree here that Pelosi and Schumer have to be tossed. Unless you actually like those cretins.
BearChemist
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/trump-jrs-russia-meeting-sure-sounds-like-a-russian-intelligence-operation/2017/07/14/5f7f3dfe-6762-11e7-9928-22d00a47778f_story.html?utm_term=.a84a0e28bebb
BearNIt
The Russian lawyer says she does work for the Russian government and the meeting was an effort to lobby against the Magnitsky Act sanctions. Kushner, Manafort, and Trumpito Jr were at the meeting. It seems like they're gift wrapping evidence for Mueller to find.

The Chimp still has the gun and it keeps going off and people are continuing to scatter.
bearister
When Fox News turns on the Trump Syndicate then you know it is The End of Times:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/14/lie-after-lie-after-lie-fox-news-shepard-smith-has-a-cronkite-moment-on-russia/?utm_term=.db0175ffa7ab
sycasey
bearister;842853866 said:

When Fox News turns on the Trump Syndicate then you know it is The End of Times:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/14/lie-after-lie-after-lie-fox-news-shepard-smith-has-a-cronkite-moment-on-russia/?utm_term=.db0175ffa7ab

Shep Smith and Chris Wallace are basically the only real journalists left over there.
BearChemist
BearNIt;842853423 said:

Looks like it was Kushner and his legal team who disclosed the meeting with the Russian attorney in an effort to get out in front of yet another meeting with a Russian that he did not disclose on his security clearance form. Trumpito Jr. must be pissed that Jared essentially gave him up. Like father like son as it was not that long ago that Papa Kushner who found out that his brother in-law was cooperating with the feds. Papa Kushner hired a high class hooker to sleep with his brother in-law, filmed it and then gave the film to his sister. Dirtbag! Jared has figured out that he wouldn't do well in prison. Is this the start of every man for himself as there has got to be more specific info about meetings with Russians that hasn't been disclosed? Looks like the investigation of shell companies and the movement of money within them and to others may yield some results. It looks like Jared is on the outs with Trump and could be sidelined.

http://electionado.com/canvas/1500047163381

Looks like it was Manafort, not Kushner, disclosed the meeting first in April. Kushner didn't mention any worthy contacts with foreigners in his first January SF86 filing. Added 100+ such meetings in his re-do in May but did not include the Trump tower meeting with Russian(s). Finally added it on in his third filing in June.

Looks like ****, smells like ****, must be ****.
BearNIt
BearChemist;842853877 said:

http://electionado.com/canvas/1500047163381

Looks like it was Manafort, not Kushner, disclosed the meeting first in April. Kushner didn't mention any worthy contacts with foreigners in his first January SF86 filing. Added 100+ such meetings in his re-do in May but did not include the Trump tower meeting with Russian(s). Finally added it on in his third filing in June.

Looks like ****, smells like ****, must be ****.

If true does this information lend itself towards a conspiracy to obstruct charge as Kushner was late to the party as was Trumpito Jr.? Kushner's lawyer yelled "UNCLE" and has dropped him as a client. Now CNN is saying there were more people at that meeting.

Somebody get that gun away from that chimp, he's going to hurt somebody!

Drip, drip, drip, drip.
sp4149
I have felt for several months that Shepard Smith was on his way out at the Trump news outlet, formerly Known as Fox News.
Charles Krauthammer may no longer be a Fox consultant after his latest statement.

Even today they, Fox news, are continuing to tell us what a wonderful job Trump has done by working with Russian monied types that were
sanctioned by Obama. Rather than being criticized by Fox conservatives for helping Russians bypass economic sanctions by using
their money to bolster his flagging empire; Trump was hailed today as a 'progressive' blazing a new economic future with Russia.

FWIW I worked for DOD for 36 years. I had to answer security questions TRUTHFULLY and disclose ALL my investments, annually, no matter how trivial,
as a condition of my continued employment. From what has been disclosed, the Trump inner circle should have had their clearances revoked
and their employment terminated if they had applied for jobs as filing clerks. Why are they being held to a lower standard than the rest of the
Federal Government?

bearister;842853866 said:

bearister
I'm surprised CNN and MSNBC don't talk about the fact Trump is going to PARDON himself and anyone else he so chooses from any federal offenses. The only things he can't do are:

1. Pardon any violation of state law;

2. Stop an impeachment proceeding;

3. Stop removal under the 25th Amendment should he go All Last Days in the Bunker as the Red Army Takes Dumps in the Reich Chancellery Foyer on us; or

4. Stop his custard filled heart from exploding should he get too stressed out.
blungld
What will be the tipping point for when the Republican speaking points switch to "we are the saviors of America" as they turn on Trump? This almost definitely ends in empeachment, resignation, or jail at this point, so how do those who have knowingly assisted this criminal activity try and save face and act like it is they and not the Liberals who were truthful the whole time? I think the tipping point will be financial disclosures that prove money laundering and tax evasion and selling out to Russian interests.
sp4149
The bigger question is who he pardons before impeachment proceedings. The Trump dynasty will be in peril of confiscation in a RICO prosecution for Russian money laundering with Deutsche Bank and others. They probably can make it to off-shore assets outside the reach of Uncle Sam, maybe not. Pardons with loss of assets should be a crippling blow to the Trump dynasty. Grump's inability to admit he is wrong may mean he stays to the end. Pence will pardon Trump and friends in a heartbeat once he is President. I don't think the GOP will impeach unless they lose big time in 2018. I don't see this ending soon.

blungld;842853904 said:

What will be the tipping point for when the Republican speaking points switch to "we are the saviors of America" as they turn on Trump? This almost definitely ends in empeachment, resignation, or jail at this point, so how do those who have knowingly assisted this criminal activity try and save face and act like it is they and not the Liberals who were truthful the whole time? I think the tipping point will be financial disclosures that prove money laundering and tax evasion and selling out to Russian interests.
dajo9
Strykur;842853816 said:

I think we can all agree here that Pelosi and Schumer have to be tossed. Unless you actually like those cretins.

I do like them. Whether they are a good marketing front for the Democratic Party is a different question, I won't be discussing with you. But look at their counterparts, in McConnell and Ryan. McConnell is proof that robots are becoming our overlords. Ryan is the opposite of Pelosi - a marketing / media fabrication of a good statesman. He has no real leadership chops. Pelosi was a highly effective Speaker of the House.
BearDevil
bearister;842853425 said:

Once the evidence establishes that Rob Goldstone is one of your "associates," it is pretty much time to assemble the life rafts and provide the band on the deck with a cheerful setlist.

If this weren't our beloved country, the whole thing would be hilarious. Rob Goldstone is one goofy ass bastard. The title on his email could not have been more blatant about intent, yet Jr mindlessly forwarded it along, dismissed Russian contacts for a year, had an army of White House lawyers cook up a bogus excuse about adoptions, panicked and tweeted out the entire email chain, and lied about meeting crowd size (in the wrong direction from Papa's, Spicer's, and Kellyanne's inauguration insecurity).

Jared's family isn't exactly Ward and June Cleaver: Papa goes to the big house for a variety of crimes, but does entrap and videotape his brother in law with a hooker to thank his sister. Trump wants to end birthright citizenship, but Jared's sister is auctioning off visas along with apartments. Manafort and Flynn got shitcanned and Sessions recused hisself for betting against the US in Lake Placid and/or doiing Stoli shots with Boris and Natasha, but it takes Jared three tries to fill out his security clearance forms? Good thing he didn't buy his way into law school, bar exam would have been a much heavier lift. Jared/Ivanka is like an arranged marriage between Uday Hussein and Squeaky Fromme. Tillerson will be replaced by Rodman to negotiate an arranged marriage betweeen Marla Maples' kid and Kim Jong Un. Dowry will be the latest nuke technology. Various relatives will be blown up during the reception.

Trump's "lucky" his loopy wall comments were overshadowed this week. Wall now has to have solar panels and be transparent so unsuspecting US citizens won't get clocked by 60 pound bags of drugs being thrown over the wall. Apparently Mexico will sweep the shot put and discus at the Olympics. Either that or El Chapo's dream team has turned their genius away from the X Games and Evel Knieval and built some monster catapults. Trump seems to believe the area around the wall will be developed like Fifth Avenue. Rio Grande will stocked with sharks with lasers attached to their heads. Why is anyone still listening to a clearly disturbed moron?

Fortunately Kid Rock's going to the Senate, so he can't be called into the Cabinet from the bullpen. Not so much for Palin, John Rocker, Brownback, Ted Nugent, Curt Schilling, Michele Bachman, Giuliani, Craig James, Paul LePage, Chachi, and Louie Gohmert.
sp4149
PREPOSTEROUS, yet plausible, and wouldn't even be shocking

BearDevil;842853933 said:

If this weren't our beloved country, the whole thing would be hilarious. Rob Goldstone is one goofy ass bastard. The title on his email could not have been more blatant about intent, yet Jr mindlessly forwarded it along, dismissed Russian contacts for a year, had an army of White House lawyers cook up a bogus excuse about adoptions, panicked and tweeted out the entire email chain, and lied about meeting crowd size (in the wrong direction from Papa's, Spicer's, and Kellyanne's inauguration insecurity).

Jared's family isn't exactly Ward and June Cleaver: Papa goes to the big house for a variety of crimes, but does entrap and videotape his brother in law with a hooker to thank his sister. Trump wants to end birthright citizenship, but Jared's sister is auctioning off visas along with apartments. Manafort and Flynn got shitcanned and Sessions recused hisself for betting against the US in Lake Placid and/or doiing Stoli shots with Boris and Natasha, but it takes Jared three tries to fill out his security clearance forms? Good thing he didn't buy his way into law school, bar exam would have been a much heavier lift. Jared/Ivanka is like an arranged marriage between Uday Hussein and Squeaky Fromme. Tillerson will be replaced by Rodman to negotiate an arranged marriage betweeen Marla Maples' kid and Kim Jong Un. Dowry will be the latest nuke technology. Various relatives will be blown up during the reception.

Trump's "lucky" his loopy wall comments were overshadowed this week. Wall now has to have solar panels and be transparent so unsuspecting US citizens won't get clocked by 60 pound bags of drugs being thrown over the wall. Apparently Mexico will sweep the shot put and discus at the Olympics. Either that or El Chapo's dream team has turned their genius away from the X Games and Evel Knieval and built some monster catapults. Trump seems to believe the area around the wall will be developed like Fifth Avenue. Rio Grande will stocked with sharks with lasers attached to their heads. Why is anyone still listening to a clearly disturbed moron?

Fortunately Kid Rock's going to the Senate, so he can't be called into the Cabinet from the bullpen. Not so much for Palin, John Rocker, Brownback, Ted Nugent, Curt Schilling, Michele Bachman, Giuliani, Craig James, Paul LePage, Chachi, and Louie Gohmert.
sp4149
Anybody else getting a RUSSIAN BEAUTIES pop-up next to this thread?
going4roses
No.
GB54
Just the usual Babes of the Ukraine

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.