OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

487,596 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Robert Mueller is beyond reproach. If he clears Trump and his campaign, I will apologize to all Trump supporters as well as the Moderators of this board. If he doesn't, all the Left Wing Conspiracy theories and all the Fake News claims in the world will not keep the cell doors from slamming tight each night. Mueller Walked the Walk:

"Mueller enlisted in the United States Marine Corps in 1968, attending officer candidate school, Army Ranger School and Army jump school.[8] He then served as an officer leading a rifle platoon of the 3rd Marine Division during the Vietnam War;[2] he eventually became aide-de-camp to 3rd Marine Division's commanding general.[8] He received the Bronze Star, two Commendation Medals, the Purple Heart and the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry.[2]" Wikipedia
petalumabear
The. best thing for the country. Get the investigation going and move forward, whatever the outcome.
NYCGOBEARS
bearister;842840198 said:

Robert Mueller is beyond reproach. If he clears Trump and his campaign, I will apologize to all Trump supporters as well as the Moderators of this board. If he doesn't, all the Left Wing Conspiracy theories and all the Fake News claims in the world will not keep the cell doors from slamming tight each night. Mueller Walked the Walk:

"Mueller enlisted in the United States Marine Corps in 1968, attending officer candidate school, Army Ranger School and Army jump school.[8] He then served as an officer leading a rifle platoon of the 3rd Marine Division during the Vietnam War;[2] he eventually became aide-de-camp to 3rd Marine Division's commanding general.[8] He received the Bronze Star, two Commendation Medals, the Purple Heart and the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry.[2]" Wikipedia

Bearister, missed ya buddy.
Bobodeluxe
:axe
NYCGOBEARS
Michael Flynn and Manafort are gonna sing like birds. Also, Trump is not the kind of leader that engenders loyalty. Once the fire starts getting hot, expect many others to come out of the woodwork.
GB54
Lock her up
bearister
NYCGOBEARS;842840205 said:

Bearister, missed ya buddy.

You too. Have continued to read and laugh at your bits. You have to wonder if Blueblood has gone all Deep Web hacker on this site lately.
NYCGOBEARS
GB54;842840211 said:

Lock her up

Yep, Trump is a beeatch.
NYCGOBEARS
bearister;842840212 said:

You too. Have continued to read and laugh at your bits. You have to wonder if Blueblood has gone all Deep Web hacker on this site lately.

Blueblood has greatly increased his weekly trips to the dispensary, I'd guess.
Bobodeluxe
DrunkOski

:rant
tequila4kapp
It is important that Americans can have confidence in the operation of its government so this is an appropriate move.

I predict now there will be zero evidence of collusion, zero criminal activity against Trump, zero grounds for impeachment but that some small number of people like Flynn will be charged with other matters such as not registering as an agent after receiving funds from Turkey.
NYCGOBEARS
tequila4kapp;842840221 said:

It is important that Americans can have confidence in the operation of its government so this is an appropriate move.

I predict now there will be zero evidence of collusion, zero criminal activity against Trump, zero grounds for impeachment but that some small number of people like Flynn will be charged with other matters such as not registering as an agent after receiving funds from Turkey.

I predict that you will be wrong on most counts.
Go!Bears

Yeah, Trump sure is acting like an innocent man.
sp4149
I think the use of the Trump Real Estate empire to launder Russian money (AKA Deutsche Bank) will be established. However whether a family owned business has more or less criminal exposure than a publicly owned corporation and whether such massive Russian financial crimes are grounds for convicting a sitting President ( I believe DOJ will not indict, favoring Congressional action; which I don't see happening). Still ignoring racketeering, even in the past could make for a hostile public.

BearNIt

Not only is Mueller going to find out what the truth is, if anything else is discovered in pursuit of the truth it will trigger a new investigation.
Unit2Sucks

If not for those dang bone spurs, Trump's military exploits would have been tremendic. Probably definitely better than Mueller's but it was really unfair that the military forced Trump to take 5 deferments. It's really unfair how the media doesn't give Trump any credit for the great things he would have done under different circumstances if he were a better person.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks;842840241 said:

If not for those dang bone spurs, Trump's military exploits would have been tremendic. Probably definitely better than Mueller's but it was really unfair that the military forced Trump to take 5 deferments. It's really unfair how the media doesn't give Trump any credit for the great things he would have done under different circumstances if he were a better person.

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/17/528795435/trump-no-politician-has-been-treated-worse-or-more-unfairly-than-me

No politician has been treated more unfairly than Trump. Not even the ones who were assassinated!
sycasey
NYCGOBEARS;842840230 said:

I predict that you will be wrong on most counts.

Definitely gonna have to save this thread for later.
sp4149
Yeh, he sort of forgot a some issues in his address to the CG Academy grads; while telling them of all the heroic things that they do, that his new budget proposal reduces the CG budget 25%. Only a New Yorker could ***** about his unfair persecution to a class of Coast Guard Academy grads whose future is in jeopardy because of his planned cuts to their budget.

sycasey;842840242 said:

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/17/528795435/trump-no-politician-has-been-treated-worse-or-more-unfairly-than-me

No politician has been treated more unfairly than Trump. Not even the ones who were assassinated!
GMP
sycasey;842840243 said:

Definitely gonna have to save this thread for later.

He might be right. I doubt it, but he might. But what's astouding to me is how incredibly stubborn it is to say such a thing, because conceding there could be fire here would mean he was wrong.
TouchedTheAxeIn82

I predict now there will be zero evidence of collusion, zero criminal activity against Trump, zero grounds for impeachment...

Wut. Impeachment is a political process. Clinton was impeached for lying in a lawsuit regarding actions before he became president. The Republicans set the bar reeeeeeally low for impeachment. Trump was impeachable the moment he took the oath.

The question is whether there is a crime Trump can commit that would get the Republicans to impeach him. At the moment the bar seems impossibly high. The mid-term elections might be the most interesting in history. :p

GB54
Impeachment is whatever the House says it is- obstruction is the charge du jour. Much lower bar. Nixon would have been impeached on obstruction and Clinton was
sycasey
grandmastapoop;842840245 said:

He might be right. I doubt it, but he might. But what's astouding to me is how incredibly stubborn it is to say such a thing, because conceding there could be fire here would mean he was wrong.

Right, that's why I'm making no predictions. It's possible they find nothing.

Either way, this has not been played well by Trump or the Republicans. It's pretty clear they all knew this was a problem and did nothing about it until they were forced to.
dajo9
sycasey;842840266 said:

Right, that's why I'm making no predictions. It's possible they find nothing.

Either way, this has not been played well by Trump or the Republicans. It's pretty clear they all knew this was a problem and did nothing about it until they were forced to.

We all know we are a few months away from President Pence and right wingers like Strykur trying to take the moral high ground and claiming it was their actions that saved the country from Trump.
BearNIt
In less than 24 hours Trump has tweeted that he is the subject of a witch hunt. Does that make Mueller, Hansel or Gretel?
GB54
Very impressed by Rosenstein- appoints a guy who has bi-partisan cred to stop the howling wolves but keeps it under his control and sets up a scenario where this is no longer played out in the media and the political arena but with diligence and a conclusion.
sycasey
dajo9;842840269 said:

We all know we are a few months away from President Pence and right wingers like Strykur trying to take the moral high ground and claiming it was their actions that saved the country from Trump.

Assuming Pence isn't also caught up in this thing.
sycasey
BearNIt;842840272 said:

In less than 24 hours Trump has tweeted that he is the subject of a witch hunt. Does that make Mueller, Hansel or Gretel?

The biggest one in American history! Can't think of a bigger one!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salem_witch_trials
GB54
Democrats need to connect more with working class witches
dajo9
sycasey;842840284 said:

Assuming Pence isn't also caught up in this thing.

Even if he is Republicans will let him pick a VP before he goes down (Ted Cruz?)
Strykur
dajo9;842840269 said:

Trump's presidency has been a tremendous success and salvation for the country for 2 principal reasons:

1. Put Gorsuch on the Supreme Court
2. Kept Hillary out of the White House

So even if Trump is bounced, Pence is in and we're solid. Would love to have Orrin Hatch as VP too.
sycasey
GMP
sycasey;842840329 said:

:rollinglaugh:
sycasey
grandmastapoop;842840331 said:

:rollinglaugh:

History does not repeat . . . but sometimes it does rhyme.
blungld
dajo9;842840269 said:

Yep. It's precisely these type of fake conservatives who like to boast and preach of principle who are in fact the ones who slide the line of right and wrong to suit their needs and pretend that nothing has changed or that they were never wrong. This pattern been repeated over and over again through Iraq war to now. They are incapable of learning from their mistakes and amending their world view.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.