OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

487,731 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
NYCGOBEARS
Sessions finally got the Trump boot!
Anarchistbear
Good riddance to the little rodent!
Another Bear

Another Bear

dajo9
Trump will take steps to destroy the investigation before the new Congress is seated in the ultimate Obstruction of Justice play.
American Vermin
Another Bear

...the list is long...
Quote:

From Mother Jones:

The possibilities are almost endless for the Democrats. A good chunk of Trump's Cabinet and Cabinet-level appointees (current and former)including Wilbur Ross, Ben Carson, Betsy DeVos, Scott Pruitt, and Ryan Zinkehave faced allegations of wrongdoing that warrant congressional scrutiny. In the coming weeks, House Democrats will have to sort out which inquiries to proceed with, while possibly dealing with the tricky issue of impeachment. But two committees are likely to take the lead in investigating the Trump crowdthe Oversight and Government Reform Committee and the Judiciary Committeeand the Democrats on each panel have for the past two years been keeping a list of all the matters they believe deserve investigation.

These lists offer a preview of what's ahead for Trump and his lieutenants.

In September, Democrats on the Oversight Committee, led by Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), who presumably will become chair of the committee in January, posted a list of 64 instances when they requested the Republican-controlled committee subpoena the Trump administration and others for records related to various oversight issues. Each time, committee chair Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) and the Republicans said nyet to the request.

You can read the whole list. But here is a sampling of the topics Cummings and his Democratic colleagues have set their sights on:
  • White House security clearances (involving Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump, national security adviser John Bolton, and others)
  • The controversial addition of a citizenship question to the 2020 census
  • The Trump administration's Muslim travel ban
  • The State Department's decision to close its cyber office
  • The Environmental Protection Agency's use of a political loyalty list
  • The possible participation of Cambridge Analytica's foreign employees in US elections
  • The deadly ambush in Niger that left four American soldiers dead
  • The use of private email by White House officials
  • Trump's response to the hurricane that devastated Puerto Rico
  • The dealings of the Trump Foundation
  • Potential conflicts of interest between Kushner's business actions and his policy advice
  • Payments the Trump Organization received from foreign sources
  • Russian intervention with state voting systems
  • Former national security adviser Michael Flynn's contacts with foreign officials

bearister
dajo9 said:

Trump will take steps to destroy the investigation before the new Congress is seated in the ultimate Obstruction of Justice play.

...and the Dems have counter chess moves:

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/415491-dems-plan-to-bring-in-mueller-for-televised-hearings-if-trump-fires

Matthew Whitaker, tRump's Brownshirt thug:

bearister
Whitaker is a scammer just like his ideological daddy:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/07/matthew-whitaker-trump-attorney-general-us-firm?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
bearister
Matthew Whitaker is a crackpot:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/opinions/matthew-whitaker-is-a-crackpot/2018/11/08/69e8e190-e395-11e8-8f5f-a55347f48762_story.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.desmogblog.com/2018/11/07/dark-money-donors-trust-trump-attorney-general-matthew-whitaker-jeff-sessions%3famp

He won't last any longer than Tony Scaramucci.
B.A. Bearacus
We can relax. Republican-embraced lyin' Mushroom Dick Hitler has made it clear that he has never brought up the investigation with his choice for AG. Can we move on now?

blungld
B.A. Bearacus said:

We can relax. Republican-embraced lyin' Mushroom Dick Hitler has made it clear that he has never brought up the investigation with his choice for AG. Can we move on now?

Yeah, he made sure his team did it for him.
BearNIt
Apparently the Angry One may have instructed his attorney to pay Stormy and McDougal per the WSJ article. Mueller must already know this and has witness testimony to substantiate the breaking of Campaign Finance laws. What will republicans do when confronted with the evidence and the start of the 2020 campaign just around the corner?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-played-central-role-in-hush-payoffs-to-stormy-daniels-and-karen-mcdougal-1541786601
golden sloth
BearNIt said:

Apparently the Angry One may have instructed his attorney to pay Stormy and McDougal per the WSJ article. Mueller must already know this and has witness testimony to substantiate the breaking of Campaign Finance laws. What will republicans do when confronted with the evidence and the start of the 2020 campaign just around the corner?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-played-central-role-in-hush-payoffs-to-stormy-daniels-and-karen-mcdougal-1541786601

Is it noteworthy that a Rupert Murdoch news agency broke the story?
Another Bear
This makes sense. Trump made a super lousy pick. A scammer/cheater as AG? I'm not sure he'll make it given the legality issues of his appointment.

Trump Already Throwing His Possibly Illegal Hot TubScam Attorney General Under the Bus
bearister
Just bumping this ahead of Matt Whitaker's bot farmers.
Another Bear

blungld
Putin and Trump met in private again. How does he get aeay with that? Its like watching Wormtongue and Theoden and no one says a thing. Its just corruption and collusion so blatant that there is no consequence. Congress should have already made it clear to him, no contact with Putin/Russia until investigation is finished.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
bearister
blungld said:

Putin and Trump met in private again. How does he get aeay with that? Its like watching Wormtongue and Theoden and no one says a thing. Its just corruption and collusion so blatant that there is no consequence. Congress should have already made it clear to him, no contact with Putin/Russia until investigation is finished.

I hope the judge selects the death penalty option under the treason statute. I would watch that on Pay for View.

blungld
bearister said:

blungld said:

I hope the judge selects the death penalty option under the treason statute. I would watch that on Pay for View.

People hear that kind of talk and think it's Liberal craziness, but the degree to which he betrayed the country and Constitution, and how his followers have swallowed propaganda that incrementally normalizes each crime, makes me think that anything less than life imprisonment is an injustice.

We watch the news and it seems like each act just blends in with the next, and if familiar faces on TV are talking about than it has be on some spectrum of normalcy, but the country has completely lost the plot. We are in the midst of corruption and coup the nation has never faced, we are becoming the regimes we have fought against for the last century, and half the country is in denial and whistling Dixie past the graveyard of what has made American greatness.

We have been exposed as a country whose national character is no different than any other, at is only our form of government and economic prosperity that has resulted in our decency. This is what makes the takeover of government by money, greed, narcissists, and ideologues so terrifying: it destroys the systems in place that have made us great. This tear-down by Trump is making us Evil, allowing the worst of human nature to rise and subvert what was a great system of law and ideals.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
Another Bear
America would never go for a public execution shooting. They might however go for a good flogging in the town square. I would of course add the public option...for a small donation you can pie the Orange Creep.
bearister
I would settle for putting tRump in the Octagon with Cyborg.

Another Bear
I'd drop some coin to see a women beat the living crap out of the Orange Mushroom Dick.
concordtom
Bump.
Leapfrog past the clinic bs.
concordtom
Another Bear said:

America would never go for a public execution shooting. They might however go for a good flogging in the town square. I would of course add the public option...for a small donation you can pie the Orange Creep.
Shooting no.
Stoning, perhaps.
And I ain't talkin' about weed.
B.A. Bearacus
Sounds like this evil man knows that something is about to drop this week...

bearister
......and then there was Facebook:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/14/technology/facebook-data-russia-election-racism.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share
Another Bear
W.T.F. is going on at FB. They don't even have an idea what they're doing or fccking up, like democracy.

FB in its present configuration is a major security risk to the U.S. It's basically an open border. It has to be regulated but the imbecile libertarian f'tards have gotten everyone to believe the no government regulation mantra.

They're calling both Zuckerberg and Sandberg incompetent, perhaps even willfully so.
Anarchistbear
FB hires a Republican opp group who labels FB critics as part of a George Soros and anti Semitic smear campaign

Meanwhile their lap dog Schumer whose daughter works for FB intercedes on their behalf to get legislators to back off.

bearister
Bump
Another Bear
bearister said:

......and then there was Facebook:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/14/technology/facebook-data-russia-election-racism.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share
What, you're NOT going to get the new Facebook Portal?

Yeah,...FB inside your home with a camera. EVERYONE WANTS THAT!!!
bearister
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/18/republicans-democrats-matthew-whitaker-mueller-investigation?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Another Bear
Schumer and a few others (Schiff?) have mentioned tying protection of Mueller to funding the government this next cycle. Trump has mentioned shutting down government, just because that's what he does. Seems like a solid play if the Orange Nationalist is there, and Trump would get full blame. He can do no right.

That said, might not matter. Captain Mueller thinking 4 steps ahead, basic Boy Scout move...always be prepared.

Robert Mueller Outwits Donald Trump, Apparently Filing 'Dozens' Of Sealed Indictments Before Sessions Firing
Quote:

Robert Mueller appears to be outsmarting Donald Trump, filing dozens of sealed indictments before Trump appointee Matt Whitaker took over the Russia investigation.

It's going to be an interesting Holiday Season as we wait for real Mueller time. Big quiet before the storm. Start of the new year, with a new Congress...the hammer is going fo drop.
bearister
Bump
BearChemist

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.