OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

491,271 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Concord, I see you've had your mad as hell moment.

Seems like shiit is about to hit the fan with today's news. Trump's three minutes of comments about the "despicable" "break-in":
bearister
That bloated tub of orange guts is in big F@cking trouble.
B.A. Bearacus
It's all going down (shiit has made contact with blades of fan). Let's see if Trump goes out with guns blazing.

B.A. Bearacus
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

It's all going down (shiit has made contact with blades of fan). Let's see if Trump goes out with guns blazing.

Maybe he will throw a clot the size of an apple fritter.
Another Bear
Dotard should have fired Mueller but now I think he has the goods on him. Cohen is holding Trtump's paper trail and Mueller might have it now.

Yeah, could be trouble...lots of it.
BearNIt
My guess is Friday is D-Day on his way out of the WH for the weekend he will get rid of Rosenstein and Mueller. Then it will be up to Congress. Sh*t we're in trouble! On the other hand he could go Full Hulk mode and launch strikes at Syria, Iran, and North Korea, then he would need to fire Rosenstein or Mueller.
sonofabear51
His body language in this video speaks volumes.
Start Slowly and taper off
iwantwinners
concordtom said:

I wanted to come on here and rip on the president.
Thank you for providing this forum for stress management.
I hate the m-----r f----r.
And it was hilarious listening to the idiot free wheel about the "break in" into lawyer Cohen's office.
Ha. Break in.
You're a f---ing criminal and a--hole, you f---ing d--k. It's not a "break in", it's evidence collecting that is going to finally kick you out of office.

He's like, "it's totally unfair".
No, what's unfair is that we have to deal with you as President, you who lost the popular election. You did not finish in first place in number of votes, so how is it that we have to listen to your stupid a--?

Bearister, I knew I'd find you here!
You sound incredibly reasonable.
iwantwinners
concordtom said:

I have cousins from TX who continually post #maga.
I think, what the hell is the matter with you?

It's really amazing. We were friends as kids, but they are brainwashed into insanity.

Not just them, about 63 million others.

You're delusional.
bearister
Operative words in tRump's rant: Attack. Collusion. Disgrace. Repeat 10 times. The man is literally a moron.
dajo9
Trey Gowdy forever sacrificed whatever integrity he may have once had due to the corrupt politicization of his Clinton investigations. The phoniness of which was admitted to by Republican members of his committee and by the Podliska case.

A lot of Republicans are getting makeovers because they refuse to be part of team Trump. That doesn't eradicate their history of lies and corruption. Just because Republicans keep rolling out bigger jackasses doesn't mean the lesser jackasses are any less jackassy.
American Vermin
B.A. Bearacus
Could happen at some point-- this man gets an actual gift basket with a stuffed bear in it compliments of Off Topic posters.

bearister
"The searches open a new front for the Justice Department in its scrutiny of Mr. Trump and his associates: His longtime lawyer is being investigated in Manhattan; his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, is facing scrutiny by prosecutors in Brooklyn; his former campaign chairman is under indictment; his former national security adviser has pleaded guilty to lying; and a pair of former campaign aides are cooperating with Mr. Mueller. Mr. Mueller, meanwhile, wants to interview Mr. Trump about possible obstruction of justice." Matt Apuzzo, NY Times
bearister
"Mike Cohen, you tell tRump that the SDNY is coming for him and that HELL IS COMING WITH US!"

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
blungld
The President has zero integrity. I mean, literally none. He will not make a single decision for the good of the country. It will all be about saving face, protecting ego, and preserving wealth/power.

He will make decisions over the next few weeks that cost people's careers, financial security, and lives...all rather than admitting what he's done and owning up to it. At the most basic level this is so fundamentally un-Conserviative (personal responsibility) that it astounds me that no-nonsense thinkers are willing to twist their brain in knots to justify and believe this man, when the truth is plain and obvious. No innocent man acts like this. No Christian man acts like this. No man worth giving your respect and deference acts like this.

I am terrified that we are going to devolve into Constitutional Crisis backed by people so enraged not at the man who has broken all the laws, but by the audacity of those evil Liberals that want to hold him accountable.
Another Bear
https://www.thedailybeast.com/fbi-raid-on-michael-cohen-is-the-most-dangerous-day-of-donald-trumps-life?ref=home

Fun read... They chase around Cohen while making good points. Cohen holds Trump's kyrtonyte.
Unit2Sucks
Blungld- you obviously don't understand how conservatives use the term "personal responsibility ". It's not meant to apply to people who are successful and manage to overcome their wealthy and privileged upbringing to attain success in life. You're supposed to use the term to refer to certain kinds of people (*cough* women and minorities *cough*) who conservatives think should be rugged individualists who overcome all obstacles to attain success. Since it's a zero sum game, anything we do that helps these sorts of people will come at the expense of the privileged and the conservatives can't have that.

Oh and I should mention that this is actually better for underprivileged people who have "equality of opportunity" (legally of course, not in any other sense) and that this isn't just virtue signaling when they say it because their words are enough to make it so.
dajo9
blungld said:

I am terrified that we are going to devolve into Constitutional Crisis backed by people so enraged not at the man who has broken all the laws, but by the audacity of those evil Liberals that want to hold him accountable.

Actually liberals are on the sideline through all this. It's the audacity of Republicans in law enforcement doing this to Trump. Good for them.
American Vermin
Another Bear
I wouldn't say liberal are on the sidelines but yes the FBI is heavily GOP haven, lots of LDS is what I hear...but they're straight shooters. I can deal with a straight shooter who is transparent. Also many call Mueller an institutionalist...and the FBI always gets their man. And I think they're going to get Trump.
BearNIt
Trump and Mattis have both cancelled previously scheduled trips for later in the week. Looks like we're launching a response for Syria's use of chemical weapons and it is set for later in the week which could also be cover for firing Mueller. Watch and stay tuned.
Another Bear
Classic fascist move. Self-inflicted political turmoil...START A WAR to flip the script. Sadly we'll see how much of a fascist.

Bannon and the chicken hawks nazis are jacking off to this right now.
sycasey
Another Bear said:

Classic fascist move. Self-inflicted political turmoil...START A WAR to flip the script. Sadly we'll see how much of a fascist.

Bannon and the chicken hawks nazis are jacking off to this right now.
My guess is that the public isn't going to buy it this time. Dubya used up this trick in Iraq, which is now widely viewed as a mistake.
Another Bear
Agree...the public likely won't buy it and even some GOP leadership would say no (the non idiot variety, which are becoming more rare.)
dajo9
The public will buy into a war
People love a good tv show.
American Vermin
B.A. Bearacus
"Raid on Trump's lawyer sought records of payments to women" - CNN

There room for Stormy's boobs on Mt. Rushmore?
Another Bear
You are not far off but I think this one is different.

I once visited some of my conservative relatives during the first Iraq war. Lots of relatives hanging out. One of my cousin's BIL calls out to my uncle, "Hey Joe, put the war on."
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

"Raid on Trump's lawyer sought records of payments to women" - CNN

There room for Stormy's boobs on Mt. Rushmore?

Sure, as long as Teddy R doesn't mind motorboating.

B.A.B., if anyone can come up with a mock up of the new Rushmore, you can.
bearister
dajo9 said:

The public will buy into a war
People love a good tv show.

...and Cal's new AD with his experience with military institutions can also serve a dual role as the University's Selective Service Prefect to insure that the new generation of Conservative undergrads get properly registered and then drafted into tRump's Army to seed The Crusades, Volume 3.
Anarchistbear
We've had endless conflicts since 2001 and it's mostly out of sight out of mind- nobody in the streets, nobody cares and few in Congress question.

The options in Syria are most likely the usual stupidity- mount some retaliatory bombing against "strategic targets," state that Assad will never use chemical weapons again and call it a day. Now if he's calling for a full scale war/ invasion of Syria which is the only way to topple Assad then I would hope there would be massive and partisan push back but that scenario may be too suicidal for the military.
Another Bear
"HE'S SITTING THERE *****ING AND MOANING'': INSIDE TRUMPWORLD, ALLIES FEAR THE BOSS COULD GO POSTAL AND FIRE MUELLER

Quote:

Trump's friends say the president is "dry tinder" awaiting a match. Meanwhile, his latest hires are already creating new management nightmares for John Kelly.

Anarchistbear
The s$ithole country tour was cancelled.
sycasey
Anarchistbear said:

We've had endless conflicts since 2001 and it's mostly out of sight out of mind- nobody in the streets, nobody cares and few in Congress question.

The options in Syria are most likely the usual stupidity- mount some retaliatory bombing against "strategic targets," state that Assad will never use chemical weapons again and call it a day. Now if he's calling for a full scale war/ invasion of Syria which is the only way to topple Assad then I would hope there would be massive and partisan push back but that scenario may be too suicidal for the military.
If it's occasional bombing runs then I think that will mostly just blow over. But of course that also means that Trump gets no lasting popularity boost from doing so.

If it's more of a full-scale, boots-on-the-ground war (a la Iraq) then I'm very skeptical the public will respond positively to that. If Trump wants a popularity boost from a war in Syria then he'll have to do a much better job of selling it than he's done with anything he's pushed thus far. At least Bush's crew came up with the WMD spin (turned out to be B.S., but most people didn't know that at the time).
BearNIt
The WH is reporting that the President believes that he has the authority to fire the Special Counsel. Here it comes, the Big Cheeto is going to pull a Nixon. I'm thinking, "Wag The Dog" by the end of the week. The people will be watching the Republican controlled Congress to see if they will protect the Republic. Even if he fires Mueller, Mueller has structured redundancy in the investigations conducted by the Special Counsel. Mueller has spread out the investigations to different jurisdictions like New York and Virginia. The firing of Mueller would make the charge of obstruction a slam dunk IMO.
NYCGOBEARS
BearNIt said:

The people will be watching the Republican controlled Congress to see if they will protect the Republic.

They won't.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.