OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

488,945 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Quote:

Trump may well win reelection, but after the midterms and seeing his poll performance for the last 2 years, I'm not worried that he possesses any special magical pull with the electorate that makes him immune to standard political gravity. A Democrat who runs a good campaign should be able to beat him.

A republican who runs a good campaign should also be able to beat him.
I'm registered republican now strictly for the purpose of unseating him!
Who cares to join me?
concordtom
Wow. Very funny.
Joe Kernan and Trump.
I used to watch Kernan EVERY DAY for years.

So, I picture Trump moaning and groaning to Kernan, who is trying to lift up the beleaguered President's spirits.
What a couple of fools!

By Dan Balz The Washington Post
Published Jan. 21, 2019

PARIS - "Would you like to speak to the president?"

That was about the last question I expected from a stranger on a Friday night in Paris.

I was at a brasserie in the Latin Quarter, enjoying dinner with James McAuley, the Post's Paris correspondent. We had finished the meal and were continuing our conversation as we waited for the check to arrive.

We had been talking for two hours or more, about all manner of things, including American politics, the president and the Democratic field for 2020. A man at an adjacent table, whose back was to us, turned around, cellphone in hand, and asked me, "Would you like to speak to the president?"

I was more than surprised by his words and at first wondered which president he was talking about. Because we were in Paris and had also been talking about Europe and related issues, I thought he might be talking about embattled French President Emmanuel Macron.

That made no real sense, however, as the man with the phone was clearly an American. Still, the idea that it was President Donald Trump on the other end seemed too weird to be real.

The man asked again if I wanted to take his phone. I looked at it and could see that the Caller ID showed no telephone number. Instead it was the same identifier of calls that come from White House. Could this really be the president? I took the phone, wondering what kind of hoax was about to be played on us.

"Hello, Mr. President," I said. The voice at the other end of the line was unmistakable. It was President Trump.
I had not spoken to Trump in more than two years, since before he was elected. Our talented White House team has the responsibility for pursuing interviews with him, and though I often write about him, I happily defer to them on that task.

But with the president on the line, whatever the circumstances, I thought I should try to elicit something newsworthy from him. I was thinking as I began to question him of the success my colleague Josh Dawsey had had when he took a call from the president in the middle of a dinner some weeks ago.

"Mr. President," I asked, "when are you going to settle the shutdown?" He said it needed to be resolved soon but he made it abundantly clear that no discussions of any kind were underway and that his terms had not softened. He reiterated that he expects funding for his border wall.

I tried a few other lines of inquiry on the shutdown, but in the snippets of conversation, no news was being made. The disputed story about him ordering Michael Cohen to lie to Congress seemed like an unproductive avenue, given the circumstances. But my presidential questioning obviously needed work. Suggestions, Josh?
"I hear you've been saying nice things about me," the president volunteered.

The statement caught me by surprise and I demurred. The man at the table next to us had mentioned in passing to the president that, even in Paris, people were talking about him. "Are they still there? Let me speak to them," the president had said, I later learned.

Whatever had been conveyed to him about the conversation McAuley and I had been having, he seemed to believe he had a sympathetic American on the other end of the phone. But with my noncommittal response, he seemed a bit puzzled.

He asked me another question: "Are you Hillary or are you Trump?"
At that point, I realized that confusion was rampant on both ends of this telephone call.
"I'm a reporter," I replied.

That stopped him short, and I could almost hear the wheels spinning at the other end of the line as he tried to figure out what was going on here.
"Do you know who you're speaking with?" I asked him.

It was an unfair question to ask. Obviously he did not, as there was no way he would have recognized my voice or in any other way assumed that he was talking to anyone other than a random American who happened to be in Paris. Had he known, I wonder whether he would have agreed to have the phone handed to me.

I identified myself. He seemed to be as surprised by the fact that he had a Washington Post reporter on the line as I had been to think that a man at a table next to mine was actually talking to the president of the United States.

bearister
I have decided that Rudy Giuliani is doing Martin Short aka Nathan Thurm, Esq.'s act:

Then when looking for more videos I discovered that I am a little late to the party drawing the comparison between Short's character and tRump mouthpieces:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
sycasey
concordtom said:

Quote:

Trump may well win reelection, but after the midterms and seeing his poll performance for the last 2 years, I'm not worried that he possesses any special magical pull with the electorate that makes him immune to standard political gravity. A Democrat who runs a good campaign should be able to beat him.

Who cares to join me?

Not in a Republican primary they won't. Trump is still very popular among Republican voters.
Another Bear
Maybe not so much any longer. The Trump Shutdown has many who voted for him, turning on him. Also a lot can happen between now and 2020...a LOT. Of course the Dems know this and that's why they're not negotiating. As the shutdown drags on, he's going to take the major brunt of it.

Trump voters now blame him for the government shutdown
Peanut Gallery Consultant
OBear073akaSMFan
Another Bear said:

Maybe not so much any longer. The Trump Shutdown has many who voted for him, turning on him. Also a lot can happen between now and 2020...a LOT. Of course the Dems know this and that's why they're not negotiating. As the shutdown drags on, he's going to take the major brunt of it.

Trump voters now blame him for the government shutdown
The Moron has nothing to lose now & don't see him changing his stance. Still praying something happens to him or his family. Think that is what it will take to stop this madness.
Another Bear
Hey this is a first, I'm linking a Fox News article:

Giuliani may be slowly dripping information to public to lessen shock of Mueller report: Napolitano

To be fair, it's quoting their legal analysi, Napolitano, but it makes sense. I think Napolitano is one of the few straight shooters on Fox as a regular. So recently Rudy talked about the existence of "tapes".
Quote:

Rudy Giuliani, President Trump's personal attorney who has been under fire for what was seen by some as missteps during recent TV interviews, may be dripping information about Trump to the public to lessen the shock when Special Counsel Robert Mueller releases his final report on his Russian collusion investigation, Andrew Napolitano, Fox News' senior judicial analyst said.

Napolitano, who appeared on "The Story with Martha MacCallum" on Tuesday, argued that the strategy is not an uncommon tactic and could lessen the impact of a report that could otherwise be "like dropping an anvil in a lake."

"There's an old rule of thumb that trial lawyers follow: If there's damaging information about your client, better it come out of your mouth than out of the government's mouth," he said. He said it's likely that Giuliani has a good idea about what Mueller may have on the president, and if he could slowly release the information, it will be "more palatable."

B.A. Bearacus
CNN: "President Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen announced he is postponing his public congressional testimony that was scheduled for February 7, citing "ongoing threats against his family" from the President and his attorney Rudy Giuliani."
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

CNN: "President Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen announced he is postponing his public congressional testimony that was scheduled for February 7, citing "ongoing threats against his family" from the President and his attorney Rudy Giuliani."

After all, Rudy's dad was a mob enforcer.

B.A. Bearacus
Gotta give it up to the current president of the United States of America -- he is DAMN good at threatening to harm and/or ruin those who would call him out for the crimes he committed.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Gotta give it up to the current president of the United States of America -- he is DAMN good at threatening to harm and/or ruin those who would call him out for the crimes he committed.

B.A. Bearacus
We may as well start to familiarize ourselves with these lyrics. Republicans, how does the melody go?

AunBear89
B.A. Bearacus said:

We may as well start familiarizing ourselves with these lyrics. Rebublicans, how does the melody go?

Saving 88 the trouble so he can continue to patrol the border or own libs or whatever it is he does:

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
B.A. Bearacus
Cal88, honest question: do you know how this anthem translates into English?
concordtom
sycasey said:

concordtom said:

Quote:

Who cares to join me?

Not in a Republican primary they won't. Trump is still very popular among Republican voters.
Oh, come on, any good Republican should absolutely KILL trump!!
I mean, just slaughter him. Crush, destroy, wipe him off the face of the planet.

It will be no contest, as if s/he were running against a dead man.
I think you should check your polling data. People simply won't be voting for a stiff like Trump. All it takes is for the right Republican to step forward and be the one.

And then the Dems can win in November anyways!
OBear073akaSMFan
concordtom said:

sycasey said:

concordtom said:

Quote:

Who cares to join me?

I mean, just slaughter him. Crush, destroy, wipe him off the face of the planet.

I think you should check your polling data. People simply won't be voting for a stiff like Trump. All it takes is for the right Republican to step forward and be the one.

Any signs that the Dems will control take control of the senate in the 2020 election, my guess the Moron will depart for mother Russia to make this his new home. He will be investigated left & right by the house for all of his crimes against the USA.
concordtom
Per the headline, i agree with Trump.

Mussolini !!!!!!

sycasey
concordtom said:

sycasey said:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

88% approval among Republicans.
B.A. Bearacus
Republicans 2019: Dumb or Dumber?

concordtom
sycasey said:

concordtom said:

sycasey said:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

Perfect, that leaves any one of 12% left to remove him.
concordtom
DumbEST
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unit2Sucks
I may be wrong, but I suspect a good percentage of the 12% of "republicans" that don't support Trump are people who may still be registered as republican but are no longer really with the party. You probably see the same thing from the high single digits approval rating from "democrats." The most telling number is independents. If he's dropped from 40 to 31% among independents and it stays that low, he is dead in the water.
sycasey
concordtom said:

sycasey said:

concordtom said:

sycasey said:

How do they beat him in a Republican primary, though?
Anarchistbear
Be dead. A dead Republican has a chance. No live one does.
OBear073akaSMFan
sycasey said:

concordtom said:

sycasey said:

concordtom said:

sycasey said:

How do they beat him in a Republican primary, though?
I suggested something to the Moron on twitter .and now I am been temporarily banned until I take my tweet down. It had something to do with a self-inflicted bullet "so that he can reunite the country"!
concordtom
Gosh, I hadn't thought of that.
Wow, that would be something else, indeed!

Melania approves.
concordtom
OBear073akaSMFan said:

I suggested something to the Moron on twitter .and now I am been temporarily banned until I take my tweet down. It had something to do with a self-inflicted bullet "so that he can reunite the country"!
I was thinking of various individuals he might be reunited with, like his father.
But then I thought, there's a very special place awaiting him. Even his father isn't there.
bearister
She is actually horrifying looking.
concordtom
bearister said:

She is actually horrifying looking.
As if you'd kick her out of bed!

concordtom
But I agree, she's got a strange look.
The eyes.

....paint her face green and she could pass for the wicked witch in the wizard of oz.
Another Bear
Speaking of Melania...you know she must be a Russian/Soviet agent, assigned to deep, DEEP cover of being Trump wife and feeding him the mind control drugs that keeps Vlad in control and Dotard dumb as turd.
Another Bear
In other Mueller news...looks like he is trying to crack the NRA - Russian connection and by golly, might be good for Merica. Also the House Dems are going look at Deustche Bank, money laundering and Anthony Kennedy and his son. And Maxine Waters, new House Financial Comm chair, met with Dimon and Solomon, CEOs of J.p. morgan and Goldman Sachs.
bearister
Another Bear said:

Speaking of Melania...you know she must be a Russian/Soviet agent, assigned to deep, DEEP cover of being Trump wife and feeding him the mind control drugs that keeps Vlad in control and Dotard dumb as turd.

Yogi58
Another Bear said:

Like Sharon Stone in Total Recall

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.