OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

488,929 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tRump will never get impeached by the Republican controlled Senate because Republicans are "party over Country." No member of the tRump Crime Family will ever be convicted of a crime because there will always be at least one tRumpist juror willing to engage in jury nullification and refuse to convict. Where the Crime Family is going to get into trouble is when they stiff this guy on their loan repayments:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
Win at cost is Nazi adjacent...given the nihilism and pill in the bunker mentality.

Nazis ran a super high-risk offensive that had to hit every target on time and in sync to win...they didn't make it obviously. GOP, Bannon, Miller, Nazis using the Nazi playbook. Win at all costs...if it all blows up (literally in their faces) BFD...they love violence, hate, destruction.
Peanut Gallery Consultant
B.A. Bearacus
47 months for Manny. Hmm, not that long.
NYCGOBEARS
Rich White Men Don't Do Prison.
blungld
Black guy sells some weed versus rich white guy conspires against our country, tampers with witnesses, robs millions over a 20+ year crime spree...who gets more time?

I am stunned at how corrupt this is.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
NYCGOBEARS
blungld said:

Black guy sells some weed versus rich white guy conspires against our country, tampers with witnesses, robs millions over a 20+ year crime spree...who gets more time?

Judge Ellis, "He's led an otherwise blameless life."
MAGA
Another Bear
Just pure bullshtt. This is GOP justice. Ellis gave his buddy an easy off.

Let me say this...when it's Trump's turn and he gets off completely or light...there's going to be TROUBLE.

Justice system needs a major overhaul. Until white collar criminals go away for reasonable time, per sentencing guidelines, Trump, corporate criminals and GOP sleaze will continue. Need a hard reset...start handing out max sentences and the scamming of Americans will stop.

Oh and BTW, FCCK the GOP. Reagan appointee gives Manny a public blow job.

Let's hope Manny gets shanked. Fccking TRAITOR.
Unit2Sucks
This is complete bull***** Now we know why sentencing reform got passed - the GOP wanted to protect the Trump crime family from having to serve meaningful sentences. At this point, it also seems like Michael Cohen got robbed with his 3 year sentence.
OBear073akaSMFan
Another Bear said:

I second all of the above...especially the traitor part.
blungld
I've never been a pitchfork and torches kind of guy, but I am incensed right now. To think you can betray the country and escape with a slap on the wrist. If THIS isn't a life sentence, what the heck is?

How many years would I get if didn't pay my taxes this year?

These things are necessary to have a real civilized country: a free and fair election, freedom of speech and the press, and a just legal system. We are seeing all three under attack. What has become of us?

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
Unit2Sucks
Imagine if he had apologized and showed any remorse! He might have walked.

Manafort wasted the court's time by taking this thing to trial and failing to mount a semblance of a defense, is chastised for failing to show remorse and for his multitude of crimes and then is given an unbelievably light sentence which will have him out of jail before Cohen.

If this were a movie you'd have to assume the mob got to Ellis but this is real life. Maybe this is just another perfect example of white privilege.
bearister
NYCGOBEARS said:

blungld said:

MAGA

"We all want justice but you got to have the money to buy it
You'd have to be a fool to close your eyes and deny it"
Alan Price

Another Bear
Well lads, look on the bright side, even amidst the darkness... Paul Manny has another sentencing date with Judge Amy Berman Jackson and she won't give Manny a GOP discount.
Yogi58
B.A. Bearacus said:

47 months for Manny. Hmm, not that long.

Info on Judge T.S. Ellis

https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/t-s-ellis-iii-judge-federal-virginia/
sonofabear51
Yep, says a ton about the partisan politics. Can't wait for the 2nd sentencing.
Start Slowly and taper off
bearister

bearister
NYCGOBEARS said:

blungld said:

MAGA

The 'Otherwise Blameless Life' of Paul Manafort

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/03/paul-manaforts-otherwise-blamess-life-crime/584419/

Yogi58
bearister said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

blungld said:

MAGA
The 'Otherwise Blameless Life' of Paul Manafort

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/03/paul-manaforts-otherwise-blamess-life-crime/584419/
Now that is how you do righteous indignation.
bearister
Manafort showing up for his sentencing in a wheelchair was a page out of the Mafia playbook. Mafiosa Vinnie Gigante used to wander around the sidewalks of New York in pajamas and a bathrobe muttering to himself incoherently in hope of avoiding heat from the Feds. Paulie Walnuts was also playing the pity party mercy card. Michael Cohen also brought a prop to his sentencing hearing: arm and arm with his daughter that was using crutches.

Cal Junkie
Another Bear said:

Let me say this...when it's Trump's turn and he gets off completely or light...there's going to be TROUBLE.

Justice system needs a major overhaul. Until white collar criminals go away for reasonable time, per sentencing guidelines, Trump, corporate criminals and GOP sleaze will continue. Need a hard reset...start handing out max sentences and the scamming of Americans will stop.

I'm as pissed as they come but there won't be "TROUBLE." There is nothing we can do to stop these clowns except vote them out. As incensed as we all are, the American people don't have the will to shut down the country and grind it to a halt. There may be a million man march or something but that blows over in a week or two. There won't be TROUBLE, because they GOP is untouchable. .
Another Bear
Cal Junkie said:

Another Bear said:

I'm as pissed as they come but there won't be "TROUBLE." There is nothing we can do to stop these clowns except vote them out. As incensed as we all are, the American people don't have the will to shut down the country and grind it to a halt. There may be a million man march or something but that blows over in a week or two. There won't be TROUBLE, because they GOP is untouchable. .
Disagree...we already have trouble, it's only going to get bigger, constitutional trouble...governance trouble. We'll have more if Trump slips by...just like we had trouble after Nixon imploded. And then the public will react, that's the trouble I'm talking about.

The GOP are not untouchable. We're seeing that right now with House Dems leading investigations from several committees: House Intel, House Oversight, House Financial Services...all have subpoena power and are using it. Dems should really focus on flipping the senate...with both houses, then you have leverage.
Cal Junkie
Another Bear said:

Cal Junkie said:

Another Bear said:

Disagree...we already have trouble, it's only going to get bigger, constitutional trouble...governance trouble. We'll have more if Trump slips by...just like we had trouble after Nixon imploded. And then the public will react, that's the trouble I'm talking about.

The GOP are not untouchable. We're seeing that right now with House Dems leading investigations from several committees: House Intel, House Oversight, House Financial Services...all have subpoena power and are using it. Dems should really focus on flipping the senate...with both houses, then you have leverage.
We do have trouble but we're not going to be able to stop it. The public will "react" how? A few marches? Busting a few windows? They'll go back to the daily grind sooner than later, and it will blow over. People will be incensed, pissed, but ultimately, powerless.
sycasey
Cal Junkie said:

Another Bear said:

Cal Junkie said:

Another Bear said:

We do have trouble but we're not going to be able to stop it. The public will "react" how? A few marches? Busting a few windows? They'll go back to the daily grind sooner than later, and it will blow over. People will be incensed, pissed, but ultimately, powerless.
The only way to beat them is to vote them out.
Another Bear
Cal Junkie said:

Another Bear said:

Cal Junkie said:

Another Bear said:

If I knew how the public would react, I'd bottle and sell it. Not knowing how the public will react is in fact part of the trouble. A lot also depends on what Mueller finds and how Trump reacts...which we don't know.

I'd say if Trump goes full bat shyt crazy and there's a constitutional crisis...we just don't know the outcome, or how the trouble is expressed. Full revolution, I don't think so. Further collapse of institutions...maybe. Damage to democracy...already happened.

I agree there's the reality people just might go back to the daily grind but why? Because looking at the smartphone will always give you a dopamine buzz? But if Trump gets off scot-free...there will be trouble, big trouble but we don't know how, why, etc. just like a earthquake or major storm...has to happen first.

Basic rule: to know the trouble...the incident has to occur. Incident in process, so we wait.
Cal Junkie
Another Bear said:

Cal Junkie said:

Another Bear said:

Cal Junkie said:

Another Bear said:

If I knew how the public would react, I'd bottle and sell it. Not knowing how the public will react is in fact part of the trouble. A lot also depends on what Mueller finds and how Trump reacts...which we don't know.

I'd say if Trump goes full bat shyt crazy and there's a constitutional crisis...we just don't know the outcome, or how the trouble is expressed. Full revolution, I don't think so. Further collapse of institutions...maybe. Damage to democracy...already happened.

I agree there's the reality people just might go back to the daily grind but why? Because looking at the smartphone will always give you a dopamine buzz? But if Trump gets off scot-free...there will be trouble, big trouble but we don't know how, why, etc. just like a earthquake or major storm...has to happen first.

Basic rule: to know the trouble...the incident has to occur. Incident in process, so we wait.
I mean I get it. People are going to be really, REALLY pissed. But they won't be able to DO anything other than screech about it.
Another Bear
Cal Junkie said:

Another Bear said:

Cal Junkie said:

Another Bear said:

Cal Junkie said:

Another Bear said:

I mean I get it. People are going to be really, REALLY pissed. But they won't be able to DO anything other than screech about it.
Or you could do what a bunch of average citizens did, like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez...she ran for congress. In fact Congress had the most diverse freshman class ever, and a lot of that was responding to Trump. Others gave $$$. I think there's plenty that can be done but difficult to project not knowing the context now. I'm not buying there's nothing that can be done. Some people will do nothing and feel bad. My take, do something to get rid of that crappy feeling.
Another Bear
Another Bear
So....Manafort has his sentencing date tomorrow with Judge Amy Berman-Jackson.

Does he get the max of 10 years, non-concurrent, making it 14 years total?

Any guesses on the sentence?
NYCGOBEARS
Another Bear said:

So....Manafort has his sentencing date tomorrow with Judge Amy Berman-Jackson.

Does he get the max of 10 years, non-concurrent, making it 14 years total?

Any guesses on the sentence?

She gives him 9, just to show him some compassion.
Unit2Sucks
She will thank him for living "an otherwise blameless life" and credit him with time served for having to watch Trump eat pizza with a fork and knife. No additional prison time because reasons.
bearister
Unit2Sucks said:

She will thank him for living "an otherwise blameless life" and credit him with time served for having to watch Trump eat pizza with a fork and knife. No additional prison time because reasons.

As we write the steaks, lobsters and French wine shipments have arrived at their penitentiary staging area....and no one can shave the garlic for the sauce as thin as Paulie Manafort.

Another Bear
concordtom
DC judge added 3.5 to the near 4 from Virginia last week.

Another Bear
Breaking news: SDNY feds drop new indictments on Manafort for mortgage related fraud.

Seems like this is also a message being sent to Trump....BUT WAIT, there's more!
Unit2Sucks
Another Bear said:

Breaking news: SDNY feds drop new indictments on Manafort for mortgage related fraud.

Seems like this is also a message being sent to Trump....BUT WAIT, there's more!
Slight correction - latest charges are from the DA in NYC for state crimes. See here. I believe the feds are done with Manafort at this point, of course unless Mueller is saving something really good which wouldn't surprise me.

As has been noted a number of times, one of the benefits is that Trump can't pardon Manafort for state crimes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.