OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

487,630 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One of the most offputting Trump shill has been this twerp Jim Jordan (R-Ohio). Here he is making Rosenstein steaming mad.

blungld
B.A. Bearacus said:

One of the most offputting Trump shill has been this twerp Jim Jordan (R-Ohio). Here he is making Rosenstein steaming mad.

Yeah Jim, you're a real smart guy. Disgusting.
BearDevil
B.A. Bearacus said:

Trey Gowdy's no genius, but he's smarter than Nunes, Jordan, Gohmert, and the rest of the House clowns doing Trumpf's bidding.

Gowdy's on his way out, but he was still spewing nonsense yesterday. Trumpf may have promised Gowdy a judgeship. Both must be confident GOP will hold the Senate, otherwise Gordy wouldn't be confirmed by Dems. Still amazes me how many 'Pubs will destroy their reputations for Trumpf.
B.A. Bearacus
Gowdy and Jordan's favorite cafe in the Mission when they visit SF:

Another Bear
https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1016016027895975937?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1016016027895975937&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.politicususa.com%2F2018%2F07%2F08%2Fadam-schiff-mueller-subpoena-trump-john-kelly.html
bearister

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/07/trump-putin-russia-collusion.html

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
Republican senator, just back from his 4th of July trip to Russia, says we have been too harsh on Russia.

bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Republican senator, just back from his 4th of July trip to Russia, says we have been too harsh on Russia.

He should be tried, convicted and sentenced under 18 U.S. Code 2381 and then the execution option should be exercised by the judge.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

Regarding the Jon Chait piece linked above:

Evan McMullin:
"This is quite a substantial, though still measured, piece by @jonathanchait. It's the best summary and assessment of publicly known facts regarding the nature of President Trump's relationship with Moscow so far."
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister said:

Regarding the Jon Chait piece linked above:

Evan McMullin:
"This is quite a substantial, though still measured, piece by @jonathanchait. It's the best summary and assessment of publicly known facts regarding the nature of President Trump's relationship with Moscow so far."

I sent that article to one of my tRumpist friends for review and consideration. His response: "I don't read propaganda." How is that for a dialogue killer.
Another Bear
That's an excellent summary and read. Seems pretty real to me. The Russians are not stupid and have been doing the spy game for a long time and have no qualms about leverage. They play the long game, as many cultures with a long history do. 30 years in nothing in the scheme of things.

The big take away to me is Manafort isn't waiting for a pardon...he hasn't talked because he doesn't want to be killed by the Russians. I came to this realization awhile ago, so it's nice to read somewhere I'm not nuts.
dajo9
Another Bear said:

That's an excellent summary and read. Seems pretty real to me. The Russians are not stupid and have been doing the spy game for a long time and have no qualms about leverage. They play the long game, as many cultures with a long history do. 30 years in nothing in the scheme of things.

The big take away to me is Manafort isn't waiting for a pardon...he hasn't talked because he doesn't want to be killed by the Russians. I came to this realization awhile ago, so it's nice to read somewhere I'm not nuts.
Just read the article and I pretty much agree with this assessment. What's going on is obvious - it takes a lot of propaganda from the other side to make it appear muddied.

I just had a conversation with a Trump voting co-worker (and believe me, I almost never talk politics at work and when I do it's with likeminded people) who mentioned the three witches in California. When I asked what he was talking about, he mentioned Boxer, Feinstein, and Pelosi. I said, at least they aren't Russian agents and that pretty much shut him up.
bearister
I thought one of the better lines in the article was that the Republicans would rather win an election with Putin's help than lose. With Kim Jong un polling more favorably with Republicans than Nancy Pelosi, it is hard to contest the accuracy of that statement.
B.A. Bearacus
To help newly arrived aliens visiting this forum, here's a cheat sheet for why conservatives use expressions like "three witches" and like Kim Jong Un (and frankly, probably Vladamir Putin) more than Nancy Pelosi:

sycasey
dajo9 said:

I just had a conversation with a Trump voting co-worker (and believe me, I almost never talk politics at work and when I do it's with likeminded people) who mentioned the three witches in California. When I asked what he was talking about, he mentioned Boxer, Feinstein, and Pelosi. I said, at least they aren't Russian agents and that pretty much shut him up.
Wait, does he know that Boxer is retired now? I'm sure he wouldn't like Kamala Harris any more, but still.
BearNIt
Cohen is going to roll.
bearister
sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

Wait, does he know that Boxer is retired now? I'm sure he wouldn't like Kamala Harris any more, but still.

Beauregard Sessions was a grin'in like a possum and looked like he might throw a clot when he was crossed examined in a public hearing by Kamala Harris because she represented a twofer for that Johnny Reb: A woman and an African American. It doesn't get any more demeaning for a Son of the Confederacy than that. Oh, and she ripped him a new orifice.
Another Bear
Mueller might need to offer Manafort witness protection.

Re: talking to people about Trump...heck I found out I can't even mention a small side comment to grocery check out clerk. Been going to same supermarket for years. Nice folks, same clerks forever...small talk chit chat on Trump (not even mentioning his name) and I got back, "I don't have a problem with that." You just don't know. Also never talk about it in business situations, just not safe or smart.

bearister
Another Bear said:

Mueller might need to offer Manafort witness protection.

Re: talking to people about Trump...heck I found out I can't even mention a small side comment to grocery check out clerk. Been going to same supermarket for years. Nice folks, same clerks forever...small talk chit chat on Trump (not even mentioning his name) and I got back, "I don't have a problem with that." You just don't know. Also never talk about it in business situations, just not safe or smart.

...and that is why a hung jury is the best any prosecutor will do in a criminal trial against anyone in the tRump orbit. Do the math: 40% of the country buys the Fox News narrative. You only need to get one juror to hold out. Heck, you can probably 3 or 4 to refuse to convict.
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
Benczkowski confirmed 51-48.

Another Bear
Seems like another move by Trump to destroy American institutions and democracy...and do Putrin's bidding.
Another Bear
Looks like they pinched Manafort again, this time while in the klink. The guy seems to be flailing about. The speculation he's afraid of a Russkie/Putin hit on him might have some truth. You don't dig yourself a deeper hole unless you're either really stupid or really desperate.

Also after complaining and petitioning the court for a move closer to DC to help his defense, he and his lawyer did an about face and said a transfer closer to DC would put him at risk, where a VIP protection cell might not be available.

Mueller Nails Paul Manafort For Continuing To Commit Crimes From Jail

bearister
Spicer has a new book coming out that refutes tRump's claim that Paulie Walnuts was just a gopher:

"But in the book Spicer portrays Manafort as having an important and impactful role.
"Paul brought a much-needed maturity to the Trump campaign when it needed an experienced political professional operative more than anything else," Spicer writes of Manafort's hiring in the spring of 2016. "There was no semblance of a campaign structure, just a few, distraught, overworked people constantly barking into their phones. Paul immediately set up and staffed the political and communications operations necessary to take on the Clinton machine." The Guardian

Another Bear
This ladies and gentlemen is how you rip your congressional colleagues a new one, in their own hearing. The chairs (Gowdy and Goodlatte) were called out in their own hearing on procedure, trying to stop Cummings' statement with visual aides, regarding the Mueller investigation and the standing guilty pleas by Trump associates. A quick look at the audience shows delight and laughs during the take down. Give it up for Rep. Elijah Cummings...

B.A. Bearacus
Strzok very animated here. Must watch. Includes Gowdy's face.

Another Bear
Just doesn't look the same without the $5,000 suit.

Manafort transferred to Alexandria jail, mugshot released

Another Bear
We're gonna need to see video confirmation. But hey, she got free PR.

Stormy Daniels was arrested for allegedly slapping undercover police officers with her breasts

Quote:

UPDATE 7/12 1:05 p.m. ET: Police dismissed charges against Stormy Daniels less than 24 hours after arresting her at an Ohio strip club for allegedly smacking her breasts in patrons' and undercover officers' faces, according to her lawyer Michael Avenatti.

Stormy Daniels was arrested at an Ohio strip club on Thursday in what her lawyer is calling a "politically motivated setup."

bearister
Another Bear said:

Stormy Daniels was arrested for allegedly slapping undercover police officers with her breasts

Quote:

UPDATE 7/12 1:05 p.m. ET: Police dismissed charges against Stormy Daniels less than 24 hours after arresting her at an Ohio strip club for allegedly smacking her breasts in patrons' and undercover officers' faces, according to her lawyer Michael Avenatti.

Stormy Daniels was arrested at an Ohio strip club on Thursday in what her lawyer is calling a "politically motivated setup."

I would have been very flattered had I been her victim. I believe it may have constituted misdemeanor motorboating.
Another Bear
Totally agree...if a stripper slaps your face with her boob, consider yourself lucky and part of the show. I suppose he was doing his job but he should have just rolled with it and told the story...you know was it heavy like a bag of potatoes, or did he get cut by a sharp nipple. The funny part is the case was dropped. Any way, lets hope for video.
B.A. Bearacus
Lots of disgusting **** from Republicans today, but this quote from Gohmert, seriously, where's the decency you evil fuuckface? Or self-awareness about the man you serve?

[@mediaite] On Thursday, an already off the rails House Committee Hearing with FBI agent Peter Strzok became an utter trainwreck when Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) opened up his mouth and started to launch accusations at Strzok.

At one point, Gohmert even alluded to Strzok's affairs during his questioning, asking Strzok about "looking into his wife's eyes."

"And I can't help but wonder, when I see you looking there with a little smirk how many times did you look so innocent into your wife's eye and lie to her about Lisa," the lawmaker said.

The hearing erupted and a female Member of the House responded by asking Gohmert if he was off his medication.
NYCGOBEARS
Another Bear said:

Just doesn't look the same without the $5,000 suit.

Manafort transferred to Alexandria jail, mugshot released

Who does?
Yogi58
bearister said:

Point Break
Yogi58
B.A. Bearacus said:

I might be having an early senior moment, but can someone please remind me how we are the greatest country in the world? Seriously, it was a nice thing to believe in until it was impossible to believe in anymore. I guess we're just somewhere in the middle now among all countries -- but with a freaking kick-ass military.
Yogi58
bearister said:

Another Bear said:

Quote:

I would have been very flattered had I been her victim. I believe it may have constituted misdemeanor motorboating.
I would have asked to be put in the concussion protocol.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.