OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

494,205 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Unit2Sucks said:

If Trump is guilty of treason, execution would be too kind a punishment. He should be forced to live out his days in the crappiest prison we can find. I'm talking non-good toilets. All the TVs would be tuned to CNN and he would be forced to eat his pizza without a fork and knife. I would also make sure that all the magazines have Obama on the cover, or perhaps President Pelosi. Finally - it's imperative that a full reckoning of his business failures be made public.
I want him executed but only after he sees all of his kids, especially Moron Jr & Jared wind up in jail too along with many of the republican senators who is just as guilty of keeping this corrupt moron in Office.

Mussolini.
Or Gadhafi.

concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

CIf Trump is guilty of treason, execution would be too kind a punishment. He should be forced to live out his days in the crappiest prison we can find. I'm talking non-good toilets. All the TVs would be tuned to CNN and he would be forced to eat his pizza without a fork and knife. I would also make sure that all the magazines have Obama on the cover, or perhaps President Pelosi. Finally - it's imperative that a full reckoning of his business failures be made public.
woah, buddy, what are you thinking?!?!
You were going to give him pizza?
No, no, no, no, no, no!

Have you even seen Steve McQueen in Papillon?
Bugs is the answer!
Unit2Sucks
dajo9 said:

Fruity Rudy always backpedaling
Like a first round cornerback.

So how long before republicans claim that there was "very little collusion" or that the "collusion didn't impact the election" or maybe it was a "waste of time"?

Here we are 20 months into the investigation and there is now public evidence of collusion between russia and the head of Trump's campaign but no mea culpa from any of the talking heads who claimed for over a year that the investigation was going on for too long and hadn't found any evidence of collusion.

The investigation should continue until conclusion without any interference or criticism. Once we have the results we can see what's what.
Another Bear
The Trump Shutdown is feeling more and more like he and his pals have circled the wagons and this is some kind of stand, hopefully the last. The NYT dropped the bomb that everyone knew existed already. The shutdown and Nancy Pelosi is absolutely playing him like a fiddle and it's just too much. Don't forget Cohen is going to testify before congress and we're just getting started. And Rudy is drooling from the chin more than normal.

But now there's this...It took having leverage but finally. I think they knew this all along but couldn't do so until they had some subpoena power and a little bit of a power shift. Just ignore him because Trump is first and foremost an attention wh0re. Without the ability to distract and grab attention, Trump has less power.

Wapo: Democrats and activists punish Trump with a new strategy: Ignoring him

Peanut Gallery Consultant
bearister
Oh boy:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/trump-russia-cohen-moscow-tower-mueller-investigation

"The special counsel's office learned about Trump's directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office."

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
I left home about 7 to go shopping, arrived back at 8:30:

And there were people all over Twitter oh my godding this story.

But I'm unimpressed... i think I've just grown cynical.

If there was video of hookers urinating on trump while he's high-fiving Putin, I would still be pessimistic.
okaydo
Yogi58
okaydo said:

I left home about 7 to go shopping, arrived back at 8:30:

And there were people all over Twitter oh my godding this story.

But I'm unimpressed... i think I've just grown cynical.

If there was video of hookers urinating on trump while he's high-fiving Putin, I would still be pessimistic.
Pessimistic about what?
Another Bear
I'd call this incident the moisture that hits the fan before the actual shtt hits the fan...but it's coming. But as always we likely will only turn in the direction of the fan at the last minute...and we'll be covered in it.

On the positive side, how things will be handled going forward is very, very different than 15-16 days ago before the Dems took the house. The Dems Intel Committee have hired a dozen attorneys to investigate Trump. Reps. Schiff and Lieu are calling for impeachment.

What's holding things up is the eventual GOPers who will flip to investigate Trump once it's all too clear...AND their reelection bids are at stake. Remember Watergate? Many GOP hold outs...and then BAM.
concordtom
Another Bear said:

What's holding things up is the eventual GOPers who will flip to investigate Trump once it's all too clear...AND their reelection bids are at stake. Remember Watergate? Many GOP hold outs...and then BAM.
Every single GOP holdout is complicit and needs to be voted out of office in a landslide rebuke of their horrible leadership.

If they were such a bad judge of character, they should be OUT.
If they allowed Trump in if only to fortify their party's power base, they should be OUT.

The leaders among them, Graham, McConnell should be OUT and buried politically. No legacy! Ryan had the good sense to leave before it got ugly, but he is also guilty of the look-the-other-way scheme and should work as a local grocer. No speeches for fee.

The GOP Senators that bail last minute will leave the 30% diehards holding the bag and looking like utter fools.

IT
IS SO OBVIOUS
THE
TRUMP REGIME
IS
A
SHAM

He will go down in history as the saddest of chapters.
The sooner we can end this the better the chance of stopping a very serious calamity only one's imagination can speak of. Trump will not go quietly and threatens to risk it all, us all.
concordtom
I love how at the end, everyone just gets up and walks out on Joe McCarthy.
He died at just 48, after his Senate censure.

Yogi58
concordtom said:

Every single GOP holdout is complicit and needs to be voted out of office in a landslide rebuke of their horrible leadership.
"I see a red sash, I kill the man wearing it"

concordtom
Except, he let him go.
Can't have that here.

Mussolini.
bearister
Yogi Bear said:

concordtom said:

"I see a red sash, I kill the man wearing it"

One of my favorite movies. Probably Val Kilmer's best role. Kurt Russell's scene with the then hefty Billie Bob Thornton is a classic.

concordtom
Trump has some dirt on Michael Cohen's father-in-law and is threatening to expose.

Trump tweeted this AM:
  • "Kevin Corke, @FoxNews "Don't forget, Michael Cohen has already been convicted of perjury and fraud, and as recently as this week, the Wall Street Journal has suggested that he may have stolen tens of thousands of dollars...." Lying to reduce his jail time! Watch father-in-law!"

Trump has previously suggested that he has knowledge of damaging information about Cohen's father-in-law.
Cohen's father-in-law, Fima Shusterman, reportedly loaned at least $20 million to a Chicago taxicab mogul whose name appeared in documents related to FBI raids on Cohen's home, office and hotel room in April.

What a scumbag. But no surprise. He will have people killed before it's over.
B.A. Bearacus
concordtom
Who else thinks the father-in-law comment is a veiled threat, a crime, and also obstruction of justice?
Impeach on that!

Scumbag.
concordtom
And now he just announced a "major announcement" at 3 tomorrow re border.
Right while the women's march is going on.
Steal the news headlines.

He's going down.
concordtom
How will stock market react if trump resigns or is impreached?
concordtom
Do any of us know Pence?
He hasn't said but 10 words since becoming VP.

What will his plans be if he becomes President?
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus said:

This is one way Trump communicates with Putin and the Russkies..in the open. Cohen's FIL is a Russian/Ukrainian mobster. Putin runs the old KGB and the Russian mob. If anyone or any org can take him down, it's those guys...that's their business. .This is a direct threat if you understand this.

Trump has made requests for Russian help in speeches. Sure it was said in semi-jest but when you consider all the other stuff going on right now, it's not a crazy idea. Manafort continued to work for the Russians after being indicted and the Buzzfeed bomb that Trump instructed Cohen to lie to Congress,
B.A. Bearacus
But there is this:

concordtom
I'm going with, it's even worse than that for Trump.
concordtom
Dream scenario:

Mueller report comes out NEXT week.
Bombshell indicates that Russia meddled with voting results.
Election is annulled.
It is determined (somehow, by Supreme Court?) that both Trump and Pence are disqualified and that #3 in line, Speaker of the House is to be sworn in immediately.
Pelosi immediately names Hillary her VP.
After the dust settles 6 months later, Pelosi says that at 78 years old her work is done, and resigns.
Hillary becomes Prez and names Tim Kaine her VP and states that she will not be running for reelection in 2020.

Wide open race between both parties ensues.

The nation is enthralled with the fact that two democrats stepped down and handed over power to another, and by contrast to the power grabbing at all costs GOP the Dems win the presidency and both houses.

PS: Trump rots in jail, and his children flee to Russia. Forever.
B.A. Bearacus
Still got a whole lot of quarters.

concordtom
Sure!
But marge wants to win now!
Unit2Sucks
Maybe Cohen is playing the long game. Perhaps his father in law tells too many dad jokes or gives him a hard time for not being a real monster. What a great way to off someone without any responsibility.

Another Bear said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

This is one way Trump communicates with Putin and the Russkies..in the open. Cohen's FIL is a Russian/Ukrainian mobster. Putin runs the old KGB and the Russian mob. If anyone or any org can take him down, it's those guys...that's their business. .This is a direct threat if you understand this.

Trump has made requests for Russian help in speeches. Sure it was said in semi-jest but when you consider all the other stuff going on right now, it's not a crazy idea. Manafort continued to work for the Russians after being indicted and the Buzzfeed bomb that Trump instructed Cohen to lie to Congress,
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

Maybe Cohen is playing the long game. Perhaps his father in law tells too many dad jokes or gives him a hard time for not being a real monster. What a great way to off someone without any responsibility.

Lol, now you're really reaching!
And wouldn't it more classically be his mother-in-law who he wants offed?
concordtom

oski003
Can't we just continue to focus on fellating Mueller because he and his team run such a type ship that there are no leaks? Isn't this what you were all doing just a few months ago? :/
concordtom
POTUS and first man.

Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus said:

But there is this:

Straight arrow and by-the-book Mueller would play it that way...because it's by the book. Don't reveal ANYTHING.

Ever hear what kind of no-nonsense guy Bob Mueller is? When he has a party at his house, he signals it's time to leave by flipping the lights on and off a few times...just like the library.
Another Bear
oski003 said:

Can't we just continue to focus on fellating Mueller because he and his team run such a type ship that there are no leaks? Isn't this what you were all doing just a few months ago? :/
He's a GOP, you go first. He's from your tribe. Of course after you fellate him, he'll have to kill you with his bare hands. But for you, he'll give you a discount on the extra services for being a good conservative...but he'll still have to kill you.

p.s. FYI: "wet works" for a G-man means something different than Trump's understanding of wet works.
Another Bear
concordtom said:

POTUS and first man.

Reports of damning Mueller findings prompt people to consider possibility of 'President Pelosi'

FYI: Pence is Manfort's guy. If Trump goes, Pence has a good chance too.
bearister
Another Bear said:

oski003 said:

He's a GOP, you go first. He's from your tribe. Of course after you fellate him, he'll have to kill you with his bare hands. But for you, he'll give you a discount on the extra services for being a good conservative...but he'll still have to kill you.

p.s. FYI: "wet works" for a G-man means something different than Trump's understanding of wet works.

...and unlike most Republicans of his generation, he served in Vietnam.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.