OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

494,294 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Searchable and text can be copied.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

Robert Mueller is beyond reproach. If he clears Trump and his campaign, I will apologize to all Trump supporters as well as the Moderators of this board.

2017 Bearister, it's future BA here. Let's just say the mods won't be getting any apologies from you.
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister said:

Robert Mueller is beyond reproach. If he clears Trump and his campaign, I will apologize to all Trump supporters as well as the Moderators of this board.

2017 Bearister, it's future BA here. Let's just say the mods won't be getting any apologies from you.

The prior regime suspended me for 60 days for posting a comment critical of the fat stupid guy during his first debate with Hillary. They followed that up with a personal message threatening permanent ban if I made a post explaining why I had been suspended. I've garnered lifetime bans from a few Reddit communities. They call me a sh@tposter.
GoOskie
Far from it, bearister. I enjoy every one of your posts.
Unit2Sucks
Looks like this is happening. Trump is raging out at all the stories about the rampant insubordination of his minions.

Only a matter of time before he takes credit for criminal activity.

Unit2Sucks said:

I think you stay away from impeachment entirely. The key to Trump is to get him riled up and continue to pound him on his many weaknesses by specifically targeting his vanity and counter-puncher mentality.

Here's a great starting point: according to the Mueller report Trump made many attempts to impede the investigation that "were mostly unsuccessful but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the president declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests".

The dem leadership should razz Trump for this night and day. I mean the guy did his best to obstruct justice but couldn't even convince his merry band of kleptocrats to help him out. Do it enough and it will eat away at him. I wouldn't be surprised if he implodes as a result. There is so much in the report that can be used as fodder to attack Trump publicly. That's a much better blueprint for 2020 than using congress' hard power.

B.A. Bearacus
Add another clip to the "these strong convictions only apply when a Democrat is president" file:

B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
Main takeaways of Mueller Report:
[Compliments of @PiperK]

1. Trump most likely would not be president without the help of Russia.
2. Trump definitely obstructed justice with "corrupt intent."
3. Russia hacked our voting technology, including administrators' computers.
4. Trump's staff turned on him when called before Mueller.
5. Most of Trump's staff won't do what he asks. They ignore him or lie and say they'll do it.... then hope he forgets.
6. Trump will throw anyone under the bus. He demands criminal "loyalty" but distances himself from criminal acts so someone else will take the fall.
7. The @Nytimes, @Wapo etc. should be commended for their stellar reporting, confirmed by the Mueller interviews.
8. Trump's only legal defense is that the president cannot be held accountable for crimes. Mueller lays out why this position is without merit.
9. Bill Barr lied about the report's conclusions... and finally...
10. Robert Mueller believes it is the duty of Congress to impeach and/or prosecute Donald Trump for obstruction of justice with "corrupt intent." (159-182)
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

Looks like this is happening. Trump is raging out at all the stories about the rampant insubordination of his minions.

Only a matter of time before he takes credit for criminal activity.

Unit2Sucks said:

I think you stay away from impeachment entirely. The key to Trump is to get him riled up and continue to pound him on his many weaknesses by specifically targeting his vanity and counter-puncher mentality.

Here's a great starting point: according to the Mueller report Trump made many attempts to impede the investigation that "were mostly unsuccessful but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the president declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests".

The dem leadership should razz Trump for this night and day. I mean the guy did his best to obstruct justice but couldn't even convince his merry band of kleptocrats to help him out. Do it enough and it will eat away at him. I wouldn't be surprised if he implodes as a result. There is so much in the report that can be used as fodder to attack Trump publicly. That's a much better blueprint for 2020 than using congress' hard power.

So basically get Trump the way Bart and Lisa Simpson got Sideshow Bob.

bearister

Teflon Don: how Trump the mafia boss fought the law and won

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/apr/21/teflon-don-trump-mafia-boss-mueller-report-tony-soprano?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

GBear4Life
bearister said:

The prior regime suspended me for 60 days for posting a comment critical of the fat stupid guy during his first debate with Hillary. They followed that up with a personal message threatening permanent ban if I made a post explaining why I had been suspended. I've garnered lifetime bans from a few Reddit communities. They call me a sh@tposter.
"prior regime"?
bearister
GBear4Life said:

"prior regime"?

A while back there was a changing of the guard of the board Moderators.
B.A. Bearacus

"Ordering them to break federal law to save him from the consequences of his own behavior, that is immoral, that is criminal, that is defenseless, and that is condemnable."
prospeCt

"Give to Cal Legends! https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it ", if so inclined, & beneficent 🙏🏼
bearister

Mueller complained that Barr's letter did not capture 'context' of Trump probe

https://wapo.st/2J6s7vF

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/30/us/politics/mueller-barr.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share
Another Bear

Mueller showed his displeasure at Barr...sucking off Trump.

In any case, Barr goes before the senate committee tomorrow, 9 a.m. ET, and is expected to get questioned fiercely by the Dems.
B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear

Barr is ripe for impeachment.
BearNIt
Barr knowingly mislead Congress and American people who he is supposed to serve. He is supposed to be the people's lawyer and instead he has taken his place as the lead Trump protector with his actions over the last month. How can he run the department of Justice after committing what is IMO perjury?

Rosenstein as it turned out is a weasel and has cemented his place in history as a Trump sycophant as he cried, groveled, and mislead Congress and the American people. His letter that questioned the questioning of Barr's summary makes him look like an idiot. If he testifies before Congress, he will be made to look even worse.

Trump's assertion that there was no collusion or obstruction means even less than they did when originally uttered by the Liar In Chief.
dajo9
Now that it is confirmed that Mueller believes Barr's original summary that the right went gaga over "did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance of (the Special Counsel's office) work and conclusions" we have confirmation that Barr is a shill for Trump and not for the rule of law.

The right is clinging to an anonymous quote from Justice Department officials in the Washington Post article saying that Mueller didn't say the summary was inaccurate. This is a nifty trick. They are arguing that nothing in Barr's summary was inaccurate, but Mueller's complaint is clearly that it was spun and left out material information - hence did not capture the context, nature, and substance of the work and conclusions.

Standard operating procedures by the right here - establish the straw man argument that misses the point (he didn't say it was inaccurate) and then hammer that point endlessly until that is all everyone remembers. It will likely work. Our media is daft and our collective attention span is small.
American Vermin
BearNIt
Watching Grahm's opening statement in which he vilifies the FBI agents who said that Trump was a Moron and ****ing Idiot is laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. It is also as shameful as his rehashing of the Clinton email saga in his opening statement. Grahm has said that the recent revelations regarding Barr's characterization of Mueller's report change nothing. Grahm's credibility is gone at this point. Who would ever believe a man who allows his dead best friend to be disparaged by someone like Trump?
Another Bear
Barr was caught lying to congress. It's on tape. America is shocked...Impeachment is on the table. Frankly this cranks up the pressure to 11 on Trump. His personal brown-noser getting shredded is good for America.
Unit2Sucks
Yeah I mean the way the Trump kakistocracy works is by having bad information get out, deny it, have more bad information come out and then both deny the new info and say that it's not that different from the old information (which they no longer bother to deny).

Basically creeping incrementalism where you end up in a place where a 448 page report of gross misconduct faces absolutely zero credible factual criticism but is said to be no big deal because it's mostly a rehash of old news (which was handled as described above).

And because the "base" only pretends to be patriots, this is seen as acceptable and will not result in any change in opinion. Trump could quite literally have been found to have conspired with the devil and wouldn't lose a vote. The only truthful thing Trump has said in 4 years was that he wouldn't lose any votes if she shot someone in 5th Ave. He would probably gain a few.
Another Bear
Speaking of his base...where are the BI RWNJs now that Barr is getting grilled? Would love to hear your opinions on the Barr hearing. Funny how the RW'ers go silent when an observable new event is happening...you know because then it's no longer opinion, conjecture and conspiracy theories.

To our conservative friends: should Bill Barr be impeached for lying to Congress?
sycasey
Another Bear said:

Speaking of his base...where are the BI RWNJs now that Barr is getting grilled? Would love to hear your opinions on the Barr hearing. Funny how the RW'ers go silent when an observable new event is happening...you know because then it's no longer opinion, conjecture and conspiracy theories.
Wait until Fox News has spread their talking points about this. They need some time to absorb those.
B.A. Bearacus
Let's all watch live:

Senators asking questions of what appears to be the president's personal attorney.
Another Bear
sycasey said:

Another Bear said:

Wait until Fox News has spread their talking points about this. They need some time to absorb those.
...and make up some sh*t...Fox talking points. They need their marching orders.

Barr is getting grilled on the 2020 elections and "spying".
GBear4Life
what are "RWNJs" ?
dajo9
GBear4Life said:

what are "RWNJs" ?
You
American Vermin
B.A. Bearacus
Kamala vs. the dad on Family Guy:

Unit2Sucks
Barr is a smart guy with no qualms about narrowly construing words when it suits him. Similar to how Bill Clinton said he didn't have sex with Lewinsky, Barr feels perfectly comfortable giving misleading answers that he could argue don't constitute perjury. That's one of the main takeaways from his testimony today - don't take anything he says at face value because he could be construing it more narrowly than you can imagine.
Another Bear

William Barr's 'snitty' slip-up gives away his game
Quote:

And it took awhile, but Barr eventually seemed to acknowledge that Mueller had, in fact, rebuked him.

Toward the end of the hearing, Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) pressed him on his portrayal of Mueller's letter. Barr then recounted his conversation with Mueller on the phone after Mueller sent the letter. He said he told Mueller: "Bob, what's with the letter? Why don't you just pick up the phone and call me if there's an issue?"

Barr then added: "The letter's a bit snitty, and I think it was written by one of his staff people."

But if the letter wasn't really criticizing Barr, then why would he be taken aback at it and ask why Mueller wrote it? (Side note: Barr knows why Mueller wrote it: to create a record.) And if this was mostly about news coverage, why call the letter "snitty"? Barr seemed to be admitting, finally, that the letter was what it was: a diplomatically worded but pretty direct rebuke of him and his actions.

Let the SNITTY memes begin! Blumenthal brutalized Barr...and it's not over.
bearister
I kept waiting for Barr to do this:

Another Bear

I'm guessing by-the-book Bob is going to make his pal Billy Barr pay for the snitty...and it's gonna hurt.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.